Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4593988 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3232) (3233) (3234) (3235) (3236) (3237) (3238) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
philfearon:

We still had MSN in 2015/2016 and didn't win UCL... infact we were dumped out the same way we got dumped out last season.
You guys should stop living in fantasy and come to the reality that Superb seasons come and go...

What are you even saying? Have we been having superb seasons for the past 3 years? Haven't you learnt that 1 UCL title is greater than domestic double?

MSN didn't score enough in 2015/16, and even fired blank in 180 minutes against Juve. For us to win the UCL, all our strikers must be on hot form throughout this season especially in knockout. Dembele has starred very very well so far.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
philfearon:

That is the reality. Do we have any other midfielder better than him in our current crop of players?
Infact, how many midfielders in the world are better than him at the moment even at his age?
Who would have thought a certain Sergio could 'dislodge' yaya and confine mascherano to cb?

We get a cm that can control play effectively...bye bye to workhorse

I ask you again...is that so?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AmuEwu: 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olamyyde:

Roberto is poor defensively, he is always exposing pique. Almost all the attacks from psv came from roberto's side. He is good at attacking but i don't think we can win the champions league with roberto as our main rb.
That is what Roberto is asked to play
Roberto is more of a midfielder or attacker than a defender for barca this season
Roberto stretches the width of the game and still maintains possession.
Semendo is a better right back, but playing Semendo means we're sacrificing a bit of our possession.
Often you see Roberto exchanging passes with Messi, or even creating chances in our opponents half. Do you think Semendo can do that ?

Trust me the moment Semendo tries to be creative in our opponents half, he losses the ball. Roberto on the other hand can keep the ball or find good passes. Remember his assist to Dembele's goal against Valladolid ? If Semendo had played that match, that goal would have never come and we would have drawn that game
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Meta4element(m): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
femiti:

Who would have thought a certain Sergio could 'dislodge' yaya and confine mascherano to cb?

Meeehn...I swear you deserve one crate of origin...Just because we lost Xavi and Ini..people now think CM is all about Muscle...Look at way Arthur came in..Calmed Everywhere down..Even started up a pass that led to Messi's 3rd goal...He can't dislodge Rakitic while the Coach hasn't giving him enough chance to prove that..
Something happened yesterday though it might sound funny..Around 85mins plus..one old man who came to watch match and sat near me asked "Nnaaa Did you people resigned Xavi?"....I was like Noo na one brazillian guy Arthur by name...And man said "He's good...Look at way Making short passes and turning his waist....I thought it was Xavi"...Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AmuEwu: 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
boylemonade:
Please don't get me angry.

Our last two matches have been the worst matches of Barcelona this season..

The score line do not reflect the true colour of the game..

If PSV players were decisive and were as good as the attacking players of Liverpool, PSG, Chelsea or even inter Milan,, do you know how many goals they would had scored?
Can't you see how our defenders left lots of spaces at the back?
can't you see how many times they countered us?

Try giving Liverpool or Tottenham that defensive space and see how they will disgrace us..

I was angry in most parts of the game..

This was the same mistake we did against roma and we suffered for it, due to the fact that Roma attackers were not PSV attackers..

I watched the PSG vs Liverpool game yesterday and i began to fear for Barcelona..

Our defenders apart from semedo and umtiti,, they don't have this ruthlessness,, they can't cover space,, can our defenders cancel out Mbappe, cavani, di maria and neymar, like the way Liverpool defenders did?

I'm a Barcelona fan but Barcelona has the worst defenders amongst the top teams of the world..

If you're looking for ruthless defenders, you're in the wrong club. Our defence is more about interceptions than pushing opposition players
Don't forget we used Mascherano as a defender to win the treble. How many elite clubs do you think will play Mascherano in defence
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by HumbleBoy21: 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
if only our coach can start Author in the next match. And malcom

Aside from Alba what other left back do we have. ?

And is vermalaen still a barca player ?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by HumbleBoy21: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2018
Honestly we don't have enough enough bench and squard to compete for the UCL Trophy.

I am not comfortable with this pique umtiti lenglet defense we have.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by HumbleBoy21: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
The players must create another tactics, passing the bakl in the box 18 makes no sense.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
philfearon:

Not Coutinho, not Arthur, nor Vidal is going to dislodge Rakitic from his position!!!

Rakitic is a word class midfielder any day any time, but to me, he seems to be the weakness in Barca's midfield over the years. Right, he is doing his job as a midfielder and will fit into any team in the world, especially the counter attacking and direct styled teams, but I don't believe he is creative enough for a team like Barca, Rakitic of Croatia and Rakitic of Barca are world apart simply because Croatia's style of play suits him like a glove.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
HumbleBoy21:
The players must create another tactics, passing the bakl in the box 18 makes no sense.

Against the coach's wish....That's treasonable in football.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
HumbleBoy21:
if only our coach can start Author in the next match. And malcom

Aside from Alba what other left back do we have. ?

And is vermalaen still a barca player ?

The season is long and I believe Most of our fringe players especially, Arthur and Malcom will get their chance.

Too much rotation sometimes kills the team's playing rhythm.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 7:48pm On Sep 19, 2018
Sommyroy10:
Is this defense really better than Enrique's?
Yes...far far better, Statically, we are inches below Atletico Madrid defensive wise.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by busky007: 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2018
Sommyroy10:
Liverpool 6 games - 4 goals conceded.(0.66 goals conceded per game.)
Barcelona 5 games - 3 goals conceded.(0.6 goals conceded per game)
Both league and champions league. undecided
hope u know the level of opponent
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
Valencia wants to bring shame to Spain.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Miremoses1(m): 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2018
homesteady:
Valencia wants to bring shame to Spain.
even with ororo gone, they still cant capitalize.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 9:35pm On Sep 19, 2018
Miremoses1:
even with ororo gone, they still cant capitalize.

Imagine what their fate would be if it was still 11 apiece?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
I hear their GOAT got a red card
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
tesppidd:
More like a hattrick of goalless matches.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 10:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
Debroslink:

What are you even saying? Have we been having superb seasons for the past 3 years? Haven't you learnt that 1 UCL title is greater than domestic double?

MSN didn't score enough in 2015/16, and even fired blank in 180 minutes against Juve. For us to win the UCL, all our strikers must be on hot form throughout this season especially in knockout. Dembele has starred very very well so far.
We had a perfect season last season up until that Roma debacle in the UCL... maybe you have forgotten!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2018
femiti:

Let's wait till then!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2018
grin
Isomerizm:
More like a hattrick of goalless matches.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2018
Upnepaa:

Rakitic is a word class midfielder any day any time, but to me, he seems to be the weakness in Barca's midfield over the years. Right, he is doing his job as a midfielder and will fit into any team in the world, especially the counter attacking and direct styled teams, but I don't believe he is creative enough for a team like Barca, Rakitic of Croatia and Rakitic of Barca are world apart simply because Croatia's style of play suits him like a glove.
Is he allowed to be that much creative as you stated?
He has a job, and he is doing it just fine... There is a reason he is the most played Player in the team both during Enrique's time and now!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AmuEwu: 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2018
philfearon:

He has a job, and he is doing it just fine... There is a reason he is the most played Player in the team both during Enrique's time and now!

Rakitic is a good player that plays with a lot of heart.
Dude is creative, but not barca's standards when you look at the midfielders we've had.

The problem with Rakitic is that he is not press resistant. Once you press Rakitic he'll hurriedly give a pass, sometimes a wrong pass. That's what I like about Xavi and now Arthur. Even if you press them, they'll shield the ball with their body and comfortably give a good pass

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by HumbleBoy21: 11:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
So how many matches is umtiti missing ?
is he also missing laliga matches. ?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
philfearon:

I'm 100% sure that Enrique and Valverde did not tell Rakitic to put a leash on his creative side, because honestly, his creative instinct is average at best.

Like Upnepaa said, he is the weakness in our midfield when you compare our midfield with other top clubs. He is doing a good job in the defensive aspect, but that's not all that is required from a Top club Central Midfielder. Compare Rakitic with the likes of Modric, Pogba, De Bruyne etc and you'd see why Rakitic is the weakness in our midfield. These guys also put in a lot of defensive work, but they also offer more to their teams.

If Rakitic can leave his comfort zone and be frequently giving perfect passes like he gave to Messi against PSV, the creative burden on Messi would be reduced and it would speed up our attacks.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nicolars(m): 3:23am On Sep 20, 2018
homesteady:

I'm 100% sure that Enrique and Valverde did not tell Rakitic to put a leash on his creative side, because honestly, his creative instinct is average at best.

Like Upnepaa said, he is the weakness in our midfield when you compare our midfield with other top clubs. He is doing a good job in the defensive aspect, but that's not all that is required from a Top club Central Midfielder. Compare Rakitic with the likes of Modric, Pogba, De Bruyne etc and you'd see why Rakitic is the weakness in our midfield. These guys also put in a lot of defensive work, but they also offer more to their teams.

If Rakitic can leave his comfort zone and be frequently giving perfect passes like he gave to Messi against PSV, the creative burden on Messi would be reduced and it would speed up our attacks.

pogba defensive work? fvck ...lol
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:54am On Sep 20, 2018
Nicolars:

I don't follow him at Man U, but during the Worldcup, he did a lot defensively for France, and still sprayed many good passes.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 8:34am On Sep 20, 2018
homesteady:

i think its unfair to judge rakitic based on chances created.guy was like bousquet's assistant last season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 8:41am On Sep 20, 2018
tesppidd:
too harsh jare. the red card was totally uncalled for.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by melodyogonna(m): 8:44am On Sep 20, 2018
Nicolars:

Pogba does defensive work for united, well maybe every united player including Lukaku does defensive work with Morinho type of football.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OlaBa: 10:58am On Sep 20, 2018
jonsnow92:
too harsh jare. the red card was totally uncalled for.

Really? So it's allowed to pull opponent's hair off ball? He was stupid and vented his frustration aggressively. Red card anyday if the referee sees it.

The replay clearly shows it is a right decision

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mrcalcufast: 11:00am On Sep 20, 2018
Yenyenyenyen,underserved,when the scumbag faked a fall and Vidal got a red card during the 2016/2017 ucl quarterfinals,it was deserved right?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3232) (3233) (3234) (3235) (3236) (3237) (3238) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.