Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4604664 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3231) (3232) (3233) (3234) (3235) (3236) (3237) ... (6193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 6:17am On Sep 19, 2018
grin defenders trying to follow him on facebook but he comes out in twitter lol

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by boylemonade(m): 7:00am On Sep 19, 2018
Isomerizm:
Even if we had scored only one goal, this'd got to be the most beautiful play by Barça this season.
Please don't get me angry.

Our last two matches have been the worst matches of Barcelona this season..

The score line do not reflect the true colour of the game..

If PSV players were decisive and were as good as the attacking players of Liverpool, PSG, Chelsea or even inter Milan,, do you know how many goals they would had scored?
Can't you see how our defenders left lots of spaces at the back?
can't you see how many times they countered us?

Try giving Liverpool or Tottenham that defensive space and see how they will disgrace us..

I was angry in most parts of the game..

This was the same mistake we did against roma and we suffered for it, due to the fact that Roma attackers were not PSV attackers..

I watched the PSG vs Liverpool game yesterday and i began to fear for Barcelona..

Our defenders apart from semedo and umtiti,, they don't have this ruthlessness,, they can't cover space,, can our defenders cancel out Mbappe, cavani, di maria and neymar, like the way Liverpool defenders did?

I'm a Barcelona fan but Barcelona has the worst defenders amongst the top teams of the world..

9 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:25am On Sep 19, 2018
Barcelona is an attacking side. We leave lots of spaces behind. It's normal for teams to get counter-attacking opportunities against us. PSV had few moments but they were always on the fringes of the match. Any attacking side would definitely leave spaces behind. Liverpool vs psg ended 3-2

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2018
jpmoriarti:
Barcelona is an attacking side. We leave lots of spaces behind. It's normal for teams to get counter-attacking opportunities against us. PSV had few moments but they were always on the fringes of the match. Any attacking side would definitely leave spaces behind. Liverpool vs psg ended 3-2
He must be watching Barcelona for the first time, saying the defenders leave spaces behind. As if it's today.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by modextus(m): 9:04am On Sep 19, 2018
After Messi yesterday. The best player on the pitch despite playing for just 10 minutes was Authur melo. Infact the last 10 min apart from the goals from Messi and Dembele was the highlight of yesterday's game.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 9:08am On Sep 19, 2018
Rakiticbarca:
Anybody with Ray Hudson's commentary? I need it please
I don't think Ray covers champions league. You can check his Twitter handle, he posts his commentary schedule for the week there.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2018
jpmoriarti:
You dey mind am?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 10:39am On Sep 19, 2018
modextus:
After Messi yesterday. The best player on the pitch despite playing for just 10 minutes was Authur melo. Infact the last 10 min apart from the goals from Messi and Dembele was the highlight of yesterday's game.
ah swear, when he entered it was as if we did not have a red card...i expect valverde to start him against girona

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:58am On Sep 19, 2018
Debroslink:

Between that post and now, many waters have passed under the bridge.
I disagree... This was just few weeks ago. Just admit that your assertion at the time was hasty and wrong. Hence, there is need to be more considerate in your judgements.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2018
boylemonade:

If PSV players were decisive and were as good as the attacking players of Liverpool, PSG, Chelsea or even inter Milan,, do you know how many goals they would had scored?

Try giving Liverpool or Tottenham that defensive space and see how they will disgrace us..

This was the same mistake we did against roma and we suffered for it, due to the fact that Roma attackers were not PSV attackers..

I watched the PSG vs Liverpool game yesterday and i began to fear for Barcelona..

Our defenders apart from semedo and umtiti,, they don't have this ruthlessness,, they can't cover space,, can our defenders cancel out Mbappe, cavani, di maria and neymar, like the way Liverpool defenders did?

I'm a Barcelona fan but Barcelona has the worst defenders amongst the top teams of the world..
You don't know anything about Barca nor football!
You think football is Basketball!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by modextus(m): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2018

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
We are an attacking side that plays a lot with the ball,so the greatest tactic the opponents utilize often is counter attacks because there is a lot of space to operate. However, I think the guy is right to some extent although he exaggerated the condition, our defenders can be flexible atimes , you will see them conceding soft goals that maybe, my grandfather would have defended but the fact is that,our defensive department has improved immensely since the arrival of Enersto Valverde.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
modextus:
It was his pass that led to Messi's third goal. The guys passing game is superb! Reminds me a lot about Xavi.

The guy is really good, I like him a lot. If given enough game time, he might dislodge Rakitic from his position.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
dmcdad:

I disagree... This was just few weeks ago. Just admit that your assertion at the time was hasty and wrong. Hence, there is need to be more considerate in your judgements.

So I shouldn't be concerned when a team in my group walloped man United 3-0 @ old Trafford and my team struggled to defeat a relegation bound team.

Or because we defeated PSV 4-0, I should believe all is well with the team?

The "many waters that passed" is DEMBELE. The guy is moving past depending on Messi. He's the other source of goal scoring except Messi.

I need Suarez to come up too especially in UCL. Dude scored just once last season. Till he improves, my stance stands.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
Debroslink:

So I shouldn't be concerned when a team in my group walloped man United 3-0 @ old Trafford and my team struggled to defeat a relegation bound team.

Or because we defeated PSV 4-0, I should believe all is well with the team?

The "many waters that passed" is DEMBELE. The guy is moving past depending on Messi. He's the other source of goal scoring except Messi.

I need Suarez to come up too especially in UCL. Dude scored just once last season. Till he improves, my stance stands.

No one is saying you shouldn't be critical about the team's display. Heck, I'm very much critical about the coach, but then to make certain statements like the ones you dropped weeks ago was blowing things way outta proportion. Of course everyone has its own ideas and all, but certain things stand outright as...lipsrsealed

Besides, the fact that ManYoo were walloped at their backyard by Tottenham is not a yardstick to judge your team. Neither ManYoo nor Tottenham are in Barça's level. No matter how bad we may appear sometimes under EV, we can never be as bad or as worse as the aforementioned teams. Even Inter is playing shiit. Tottenham will never make me lose sleep. PSV? Like I care...

Like I stated, you're free to air whatever you have in mind. But, certain comments of ours determine to a great length our level of thinking and how people will view us, hence the need not to send the wrong message to people perusing your posts.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
Upnepaa:
We are an attacking side that plays a lot with the ball,so the greatest tactic the opponents utilize often is counter attacks because there is a lot of space to operate. However, I think the guy is right to some extent although he exaggerated the condition, our defenders can be flexible atimes , you will see them conceding soft goals that maybe, my grandfather would have defended but the fact is that,our defensive department has improved immensely since the arrival of Enersto Valverde.
Is this defense really better than Enrique's?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
boylemonade:

Barcelona has good defenders. Prior to his last injury, umtiti was the best cb imo. Pique is ok, alba is ok. The only bad defender i know is roberto and I'm not too convinced about lenglet. Umtiti bullied lozano throughout that match.
Barca's defence is far better than liverpool's or psg's defence angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
dmcdad:

No one is saying you shouldn't be critical about the team's display. Heck, I'm very much critical about the coach, but then to make certain statements like the ones you dropped weeks ago was blowing things way outta proportion. Of course everyone has its own ideas and all, but certain things stand outright as...lipsrsealed

Besides, the fact that ManYoo were walloped at their backyard by Tottenham is not a yardstick to judge your team. Neither ManYoo nor Tottenham are in Barça's level. No matter how bad we may appear sometimes under EV, we can never be as bad or as worse as the aforementioned teams. Even Inter is playing shiit. Tottenham will never make me lose sleep. PSV? Like I care...

Like I stated, you're free to air whatever you have in mind. But, certain comments of ours determine to a great length our level of thinking and how people will view us, hence the need not to send the wrong message to people perusing your posts.

If you read that post very well, I didn't say we won't qualify from our group. I said when the big teams come calling in knockout stages, and we're still depending on Messi, we'll get the same results we've got in UCL in the past 3 seasons; Q/F exit.

When MSN were producing 121 goals, UCL was won. When we stop relying on Messi alone for goals, UCL will be ours again. Thank God Dembele is doing wonders now. It remains Suarez to be red hot.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by busky007: 1:49pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olamyyde:

Barcelona has good defenders. Prior to his last injury, umtiti was the best cb imo. Pique is ok, alba is ok. The only bad defender i know is roberto and I'm not too convinced about lenglet. Umtiti bullied lozano throughout that match.
bros check the stats for liverpool defence and check ur comment
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MJBOLT: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
Roberto bad?? how undecided

Olamyyde:

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
Debroslink:

If you read that post very well, I didn't say we won't qualify from our group. I said when the big teams come calling in knockout stages, and we're still depending on Messi, we'll get the same results we've got in UCL in the past 3 seasons; Q/F exit.

When MSN were producing 121 goals, UCL was won. When we stop relying on Messi alone for goals, UCL will be ours again. Thank God Dembele is doing wonders now. It remains Suarez to be red hot.
Honestly you're singing a different tone now. Then, it wasn't about the latter stages of the UCL. You were particular about our qualification from this group. And I could remember it drawing some harsh criticism towards you at the time. I could even remember philfearon's comments when you dropped those supposed concerns of yours.

Anyway, it's all good. At least now you know better.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
busky007:
bros check the stats for liverpool defence and check ur comment
Liverpool 6 games - 4 goals conceded.(0.66 goals conceded per game.)
Barcelona 5 games - 3 goals conceded.(0.6 goals conceded per game)
Both league and champions league. undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
When Suarez is in the box, instead of him to shoot at goal he prefers to do a thousand one-twos. I also think it's time these guys add crossing the ball to their game. It's not every time we would be able to pass our way into the net. It'll come in handy especially in those away knockout games.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
MJBOLT:
Roberto bad?? how undecided

Roberto is poor defensively, he is always exposing pique. Almost all the attacks from psv came from roberto's side. He is good at attacking but i don't think we can win the champions league with roberto as our main rb.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
Wow.. what do we have here? Opened the thread to see folks complaining about the defence, but when valverde tries to fix it they call him mourinho2.0 and call us Mes-Que-un-parkthebus. Y'all should pick one struggle and stick to it. Do we have problems in the defense that needs fixing? If so, why do we blame valverde when he makes defensive decisions?

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
Upnepaa:

The guy is really good, I like him a lot. If given enough game time, he might dislodge Rakitic from his position.
Not Coutinho, not Arthur, nor Vidal is going to dislodge Rakitic from his position!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
philfearon:

Not Coutinho, not Arthur, nor Vidal is going to dislodge Rakitic from his position!!!
Is that so?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2018
Debroslink:

We still had MSN in 2015/2016 and didn't win UCL... infact we were dumped out the same way we got dumped out last season.
You guys should stop living in fantasy and come to the reality that Superb seasons come and go...

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
femiti:

Is that so?
That is the reality. Do we have any other midfielder better than him in our current crop of players?
Infact, how many midfielders in the world are better than him at the moment even at his age?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
philfearon:

We still had MSN in 2015/2016 and didn't win UCL... infact we were dumped out the same way we got dumped out last season.
You guys should stop living in fantasy and come to the reality that Superb seasons come and go...
Asin eh.. Our sense of entitlement eh. Outside of real Madrid, we are the only club to have won the champions league in the last 5 years. Having said that, we need to win it this year.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olamyyde:

Roberto is poor defensively, he is always exposing pique. Almost all the attacks from psv came from roberto's side. He is good at attacking but i don't think we can win the champions league with roberto as our main rb.
If only our coach can use Semedo as Guardiola used Abidal...
Allow only Alba do the forward forays.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2018
dmcdad:

Honestly you're singing a different tone now. Then, it wasn't about the latter stages of the UCL. You were particular about our qualification from this group. And I could remember it drawing some harsh criticism towards you at the time. I could even remember philfearon's comments when you dropped those supposed concerns of yours.

Anyway, it's all good. At least now you know better.

The comment below was what I quoted that day, so I don't know what you don't understand here

Debroslink:
On paper, FC BARCELONA have what it takes to top the group.

On current form, Tottenham should come 1st with Barcelona 2nd.

Inter are poor @ the moment, and PSV shouldn't cause much worry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3231) (3232) (3233) (3234) (3235) (3236) (3237) ... (6193) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.