Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4613426 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3233) (3234) (3235) (3236) (3237) (3238) (3239) ... (6200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
I know you saw messi score a hattrick on tuesday I know u got a harsh red card I know you will miss the trip to england; stay strong Samuel umtiti

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Coutinho14: 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2018
lmao I see folks here trashing Raki, y'all should take a chill pill.......... Raki is god to pogba, put some respect man
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
jonsnow92:
too harsh jare. the red card was totally uncalled for.
well,

harsh for you, good for me.

tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2018
Me thinks,

Rakitic is not a play maker. Not a controller like Modric, Pogba, Coutinho, Alcantara.

Rakitic na just collect ball pass, collect ball pass.

Anybody who wants him to be a creator for us is just day dreaming.

Let him just continue his pass pass work and work hard.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2018
Excallibur:
I know you saw messi score a hattrick on tuesday I know u got a harsh red card I know you will miss the trip to england; stay strong Samuel umtiti
grin You got me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Miremoses1(m): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2018
Excallibur:
lol, this is the 11th time I'm seeing this post online.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2018
Miremoses1:
lol, this is the 11th time I'm seeing this post online.

12th time

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
tesppidd:
Me thinks,

Rakitic is not a play maker. Not a controller like Modric, Pogba, Coutinho, Alcantara.

Rakitic na just collect ball pass, collect ball pass.

Anybody who wants him to be a creator for us is just day dreaming.

Let him just continue his pass pass work and work hard.

Lol... He's not as bad as that naw
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MarijuanaLORD: 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
Nawa o..Seriously enough this stupidity and bashing of rakitic

Rakitic is a world class midfielder and he is definately among top 10 best midfielders in football presently

His has been a success story even before playing for barca

So all u rakitic haters dont know shit

Rakitic na baller

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
AmuEwu:

Rakitic is a good player that plays with a lot of heart.
Dude is creative, but not barca's standards when you look at the midfielders we've had.

The problem with Rakitic is that he is not press resistant. Once you press Rakitic he'll hurriedly give a pass, sometimes a wrong pass. That's what I like about Xavi and now Arthur. Even if you press them, they'll shield the ball with their body and comfortably give a good pass
Oga, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Messi have all lost a lot of direct passes in such circumstances as you stated which has led to direct goals.
Rakitic does have his low days, but the stuffs you are stating are off the mark!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2018
homesteady:

I'm 100% sure that Enrique and Valverde did not tell Rakitic to put a leash on his creative side, because honestly, his creative instinct is average at best.

Like Upnepaa said, he is the weakness in our midfield when you compare our midfield with other top clubs. He is doing a good job in the defensive aspect, but that's not all that is required from a Top club Central Midfielder. Compare Rakitic with the likes of Modric, Pogba, De Bruyne etc and you'd see why Rakitic is the weakness in our midfield. These guys also put in a lot of defensive work, but they also offer more to their teams.

If Rakitic can leave his comfort zone and be frequently giving perfect passes like he gave to Messi against PSV, the creative burden on Messi would be reduced and it would speed up our attacks.
Rakitic is not the weak link in our first eleven and can never be.
If anything, i am always afraid in our midfield if he is not there!

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2018
Coutinho14:
lmao I see folks here trashing Raki, y'all should take a chill pill.......... Raki is god to pogba, put some respect man
As in eeh... People dey mad me for this thread!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2018
philfearon:

Rakitic is not the weak link in our first eleven and can never be.
If anything, i am always afraid in our midfield if he is not there!

Tesppidd just gave a brief summary of Rakitic role, which is the truth.

A weak link does not necessarily mean the person is terrible, I'm not sure anybody would say Rakitic has not been instrumental to us, but still, his lack of creative prowess is just too noticeable to be ignored.

Look at how Arthur imposed himself against PSV after coming in. I can count the number of times Rakitic did something like that. Yes, he is helping us defensively, but it is not helping us offensively. That's why Messi drops so deep. Among our midfielders, Rakitic is definitely the least talented, that's what makes him the weak link.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
tesppidd:
well,

harsh for you, good for me.

tongue
Dont get me wrong, person way i wan make he serve 3 match ban self, the consequences is not my biz, its the card that i think was too harsh.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2018
I honestly feel if we want to win UCL this season, Phil has to really improve in terms of space, getting deeper to create chances ann decision making, i wish Iniesta stayed one more season so as to teach Phil all he needs to learn, Coutinho has shown he's improving, the game against psv showed him even coming deeper thank Rakitic at some point to create, good signs but much more can come.

All in the hands of EV.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Coutinho14: 8:15pm On Sep 20, 2018
Raki isn't as creative as Busi or Phil but he is the reason our midfield doesn't get overwhelmed when we are on pressure, he does the dirty work so that others can be creative. Every team has that one player that makes the necessary tackles (Casemiro, Kante, Fernandiho, Rabiot), replace that player with a softer but more creative player and see how that club start conceding goals like mad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2018
It's amazing how rakitic is underappreciated here. I used to be a rakitic hater under Enrique but rakitic blew me away last season. He was our best and most consistent midfielder last season. He also had a great WC. He is the only midfielder in that team who can perform well in busquests role...something even mascherano couldn't do. He is no weak link angry

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nicolars(m): 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2018
like y'all didn't see rakitic's assist on Tuesday abi,

some people think football is by name, the pogba in man utd is not worth the barca jersey abeg
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
Coutinho14:
Raki isn't as creative as Busi or Phil but he is the reason our midfield doesn't get overwhelmed when we are on pressure, he does the dirty work so that others can be creative. Every team has that one player that makes the necessary tackles (Casemiro, Kante, Fernandiho, Rabiot), replace that player with a softer but more creative player and see how that club start conceding goals like mad

Busquets does dirty work and starts attack which is essential to our style of play, Rakitic just does dirty work and serves as an extra body in just moving the ball around. Rakitic plays further up the pitch than Busquets, so more play making is expected of him.

Barcelona most time are always in control of the ball, so it's not like he is always doing defensive work. Most times when we are in possession of the ball which is the case in almost all games, how useful is Rakitic?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:07pm On Sep 20, 2018
Nicolars:
like y'all didn't see rakitic's assist on Tuesday abi,

some people think football is by name, the pogba in man utd is not worth the barca jersey abeg

I've seen Pogba give such passes many times from a longer range sef. I'm not saying Pogba should come and take Rakitic place, but Rakitic has to add more elements to his game.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Avraham: 9:54pm On Sep 20, 2018
Rakitic is one of our most consistent player, plays every game amd hardly gets any rest. Creative or not, he is a workhouse in our midfield.
Alba is another player again, if anything happens to Alba I fear for barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 11:10pm On Sep 20, 2018
Kevin Prince Boateng - "Ronaldo makes all of this happen in this world, but only in this world," he added.
"In what transcends this world, the best is Messi, because he is incredible, he does things that nobody can do.
"I do not see him in this world.
"Ronaldo dominates this world and Messi is above everything else".

Is anyone still debating this issue. This guy, who had played against both players has just put the case to bed.

Please don't quote me o. No be me talk am o

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 2:29am On Sep 21, 2018
Lmaoooooooooooooo.

Can't wait for Pogboooom to become a Barca player next season....or even January sef. cheesy

Rakishït kor.....Rakisticks nii. lipsrsealed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kodded(m): 4:27am On Sep 21, 2018
grin grin grin CR7 CRy

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:24am On Sep 21, 2018
kodded:
grin grin grin CR7 CRy
a grown ass man crying over a red card in the group stage of the champions league!

we will hear,

-oh he is competitive
-oh he hates to lose
-oh that is what makes him the great player he is

he probably cried when he remembered messi's hattrick.

Aswear.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 7:32am On Sep 21, 2018
Those who think Rakitic is not doing enough obviosly didn't see him at Sevilla where he played as an AMF. He has sacrificed his attack-first mindset to bring balance that the right side of Barcelona's team by consrantly coverly for Alves first and now Sergi Roberto...

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 21, 2018
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Coutinho14: 8:15am On Sep 21, 2018
tesppidd:
a grown ass man crying over a red card in the group stage of the champions league!

we will hear,

-oh he is competitive
-oh he hates to lose

i swear.
that was just pure school boy antics right there, like wtf? who is he deceiving ? man only did it to gather sympathy from his d!ck riders

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 21, 2018
Coutinho14:
Raki isn't as creative as Busi or Phil but he is the reason our midfield doesn't get overwhelmed when we are on pressure, he does the dirty work so that others can be creative. Every team has that one player that makes the necessary tackles (Casemiro, Kante, Fernandiho, Rabiot), [b]replace that player with a softer but more creative player and see how that club start conceding goals like mad
li[/b]lies from the pit of hell grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2018
tesppidd:

we will hear,

-oh he is competitive
-oh he hates to lose

Aswear.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 9:11am On Sep 21, 2018
patrickmuf:
Those who think Rakitic is not doing enough obviosly didn't see him at Sevilla where he played as an AMF. He has sacrificed his attack-first mindset to bring balance that the right side of Barcelona's team by consrantly coverly for Alves first and now Sergi Roberto...
�� You don't need too talk much. Rakitic at Sevilla lipsrsealed Madrid and Barca should know better.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:00am On Sep 21, 2018
patrickmuf:

We don't need him to be scoring goals like he was doing in Sevilla. Rakitic has never been a good creative midfielder, his skill is running after every ball. But Barcelona always have the ball on most occasions and we get attacked only just a few times. Therefore his creative side is needed more often, but he doesn't offer any noteworthy creativity and that's why Messi drops so deep.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3233) (3234) (3235) (3236) (3237) (3238) (3239) ... (6200) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.