Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,580 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4617039 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) (3378) (3379) (3380) ... (6202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 6:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
10Dove:
Pep himself knows Busi is better than he was as a player. Pep played with balon d'or winners as well, Romario, stoichkov, Ronaldo, Rivaldo... Pep was good, Busquet is better.

Actually, Pep was a better passer and goal scorer than Busquets playing at the same position. And Pep was more intelligent. Busquets is a better dribbler, better interceptor of plays and passes and handles the ball under pressure better. Busquets also won more both for Spain and Barcelona so he will be ranked above Pep (and rightly so) but let recency bias not engender a history that did not exist as far as Pep is concerned.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
Olamyyde:

Busi is the best Dm barca has ever had period!

Guardiola was just an above average Dm for barca and does not have half the silverware busi had as a player.

The way some of your Barca fans sound so authoritative makes me laugh. Go and study the history of this club well. If it was possible to merge Xavi and Busquets' abilities, that was Josep Guardiola.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ozkar:
easy to say, you probably didn't watch Guardiola play, and his team didn't have Messi. Busquets is awesome at what he does, but we have some other players that look better than they truly are because we have a Messi winning us games and silverware.

Don't judge with trophies bro.

I never really watched Pep in his heydays but when he was hired in 2008/09 Barca TV ran a lot of documentaries on him and his time then. This was before any of us knew who Busquets will become. Pep was a phenomenal passer of the ball and scored a lot of long range goals for us. A lot of the past Barca midfielders like Xavi, Arteta, Ini, Fabregas even Xabi Alonso who did not play for us, all said he was the midfielder they looked up to growing up and most of them displayed aspects of his game. Those long balls that Xabi and Fab give, those ground defense-splitting passes Xavi and Ini give, Arteta's long range goals. Those were the things Pep was known for.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
baddest04:
abeg which tym be our match
8:45pm!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 7:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
3377 lets go guys wink cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MJBOLT: 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
Excallibur:
3377 lets go guys wink cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
So Messi starts on the bench.

I think it's a good idea.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Unlimited22: 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2019
3377 tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 8:09pm On Jan 20, 2019
Unlimited22:
3377 tongue
Mentor grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
Messi and rakitic on the bench, alena and arthur starts , nice one ...would have prefer to see samedo over s.roberto though
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ozkar: 8:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
Excallibur:
Messi and rakitic on the bench, alena and arthur starts , nice one ...would have prefer to see samedo over s.roberto though
well, semedo started our last game. In the spirit of rotation, I think this is fair.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
It be like say this Valverde don dey get sense.Games like this is what the Boys need to boost their confidence and for Messi to get some needed rest.If it all goes well,I don't want to see Messi on pitch.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MJBOLT: 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
messi or not,all i know is barça must win angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Unlimited22: 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
Excallibur:
Mentor grin
Lol. Boss.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
Eruditor:

Actually, Pep was a better passer and goal scorer than Busquets playing at the same position. And Pep was more intelligent. Busquets is a better dribbler, better interceptor of plays and passes and handles the ball under pressure better. Busquets also won more both for Spain and Barcelona so he will be ranked above Pep (and rightly so) but let recency bias not engender a history that did not exist as far as Pep is concerned.
Pep was too injury prone. Don't get me wrong, he was great, but I think Busi is just way too underrated. Apart from goalscoring, I disagree pep was a better passer.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
Roberto again grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
Eruditor:

The way some of your Barca fans sound so authoritative makes me laugh. Go and study the history of this club well. If it was possible to merge Xavi and Busquets' abilities, that was Josep Guardiola.
Lol...no midfielder in history comes close to xavi.

Busquets was part of the greatest midfield trio of all time and has won virtually almost every silverware in football.

Mascherano came from epl as the best dm and couldn't even be a suitable substitute for him.

Busquets in his prime has to be in the conversation for the greatest Dm of all time.

Guardiola more intelligent than him? Lol!
Pep said if he were to be incarnated as a player, he wished he would be sergio busquets.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
How can I stream this match, please?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
Does Messi's spirit get into Dembele sometimes?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
10Dove:
Pep was too injury prone. Don't get me wrong, he was great, but I think Busi is just way too underrated. Apart from goalscoring, I disagree pep was a better passer.

I am not questioning Busi's greatness. But if anyone was underrated it is actually Pep based on what a few people said here. And as per passer, no disrespect to Busi but it is not even close. Busi is not responsible for creativity in his passing for example. He keeps the engine running. Pep was deciding games with his passes. Easily.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
Isomerizm:
How can I stream this match, please?

I am having the same issue now because of this reddit issue.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2019
Olamyyde:

Lol...no midfielder in history comes close to xavi.

Busquets was part of the greatest midfield trio of all time and has won virtually almost every silverware in football.

Mascherano came from epl as the best dm and couldn't even be a suitable substitute for him.

Busquets in his prime has to be in the conversation for the greatest Dm of all time.

Guardiola more intelligent than him? Lol!
Pep said if he were to be incarnated as a player, he wished he would be sergio busquets.

Macherano's game is predicated more on ball-winning than possession.

Busi is in conversation for greatest DM of all times because he is part of the greatest teams of all times and I don't think anybody here is questioning that. But him being better than Pep as dismissively as you put it is pure and unadulterated recency bias. I have told you that passing and scoring Pep was CLEARLY better.

I am tempted to read your previous posts before knowing whether I should even discuss intelligence with you. The brain someone uses to coach games, devise or understand tactics, learn multiple languages, lead title winning teams as a captain, win trophies as a manager- does not show how much more intelligent a person is than others? Or why do you think Pep said Lahm was the most intelligent player he had coached even when we know same Pep has coached Ini and Messi?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
Shey una dey see sey EV is not as bad as una dey halla before... every coach just need little bit of time to 'settle' in. Imagine first 3-6 months on the job, e con dey bench big players. No be sack e dey find dat time so!?

Meanwhile... i am firmly on the Dembele hype train. The boy dey ball. Neymar who... grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kingsley10000: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
RuuDie:
Shey una dey see sey EV is not as bad as una dey halla before... every coach just need little bit of time to 'settle' in. Imagine first 3-6 months on the job, e con dey bench big players. No be sack e dey find dat time so!?

Meanwhile... i am firmly on the Dembele hype train. The boy dey ball. Neymar who... grin
so because he score cheap goal u now dey compare him with neymar and mbappe?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2019
Dembele is the f**king truth...he just did a messi-alba there
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
Eruditor:

I am not questioning Busi's greatness. But if anyone was underrated it is actually Pep based on what a few people said here. And as per passer, no disrespect to Busi but it is not even close. Busi is not responsible for creativity in his passing for example. He keeps the engine running. Pep was deciding games with his passes. Easily.
well, if it's on that particular position, based on consistency n what is required, I'll choose Busi 10 times over pep.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
In terms of these defence penetrating runs,

Dembele is the next best thing I've seen since Dinho, Messi and Neymar at this club.

He needs to do it for much longer yet.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
Kingsley10000:
so because he score cheap goal u now dey compare him with neymar and mbappe?

I no compare am with anybody ooo... he was brought in partly to fill the 'Neymar-sized hole' and if he continues to play this way, i don't think FCB will have any further regrets.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Taguchi: 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
DEMBOUZ IS THE FUTURE!!!!!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
Dembele: I only came for highlights against Leganes... grin cheesy

Dembele is already the man of the match!!!
Kudos to our boys, and to Alena...

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
10Dove:
well, if it's on that particular position, based on consistency n what is required, I'll choose Busi 10 times over pep.

That is preference and it is very allowed. But "facts" are not based on preference which is what I was trying to correct.

I would put Busi over him too in terms of what we won, but it does not mean it will be an easy decision.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
Dembele is a future balon dor winner...utterly ridiculous performance in this half shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) (3378) (3379) (3380) ... (6202) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.