Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4631370 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4084) (4085) (4086) (4087) (4088) (4089) (4090) ... (6210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FBS: 7:11am On Aug 17, 2020
A40:
Which Bank? Afribank or Bank PHB? Maybe [b]Lloyd Bank[/b]s
That got me laughing. LLoyd banks. damn, you guys are not nice. cheesy grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by onuwaje(m): 7:31am On Aug 17, 2020
Bartomeu has to be the worst president since i have started watching football..

The guy and his board needs to be beaten. The guy nor get shame like Nigerian politicians

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:33am On Aug 17, 2020
FBS:

That got me laughing. LLoyd banks. damn, you guys are not nice. cheesy grin
Abi Tyra Banks.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 8:39am On Aug 17, 2020
The truth is, of all defeats, the defeat against Liverpool is the one that hurts me most. I still feel hurt sincerely.
Actually, the defeat against Roma....I was like..."Okay it's a one off thing, shit happens sometimes, deal with it" but then...boom, we were twice bitten! The straw that broke camel's back was the board decision to retain EV. That one act was just the single sign of this administration absolute incompetence on all fronts. Since then, I lost hope and knew more doom loom.
So, I'm indifferent about Bayern's defeat. In fact, I just dey chop my amala dey go as den dey rape us.

May be I'm the only one tho.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Afobear: 8:46am On Aug 17, 2020
funkyjms:
The truth is, of all defeats, the defeat against Liverpool is the one that hurts me most. I still feel hurt sincerely.
Actually, the defeat against Roma....I was like..."Okay it's a one off thing, shit happens sometimes, deal with it" but then...boom, we were twice bitten! The straw that broke camel's back was the board decision to retain EV. That one act was just the single sign of this administration absolute incompetence on all fronts. Since then, I lost hope and knew more doom loom.
So, I'm indifferent about Bayern's defeat. In fact, I just dey chop my amala dey go as den dey rape us.

May be I'm the only one tho.

Eeyaaa.....

And the Lord sayeth : your Amala would be heavy as a rock as you scream in agony to swallow it that night in Lisbon

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 8:47am On Aug 17, 2020
Am I the only one that thinks Messi Should leave? Barcelona needs rebuilding, and a rebuilding will not be effective if its still around Messi.

The "Pass to Messi" tactics it part of what got us where we are today.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 9:02am On Aug 17, 2020
khingTony:
Am I the only one that thinks Messi Should leave? Barcelona needs rebuilding, and a rebuilding will not be effective if its still around Messi.

Barcelona needs rebuilding and you think the rebuild will come from a team that knows next to nothing about the Barcelona gameplay.

Baba, the pass to Messi tactics can be worked on even with Messi on the Pitch. I agree it'll be difficult to root Messi to a particular position and not allow him the freerole position, but hey, Messi is still a Barcelona player and he can be cautioned.

We just need a coach like a friend with balls of steel to implement those changes. Messi still has a lot to offer that team and letting him go will be the greatest mistake of all time.
My one cent though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 9:16am On Aug 17, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Barcelona needs rebuilding and you think the rebuild will come from a team that knows next to nothing about the Barcelona gameplay.

Baba, the pass to Messi tactics can be worked on even with Messi on the Pitch. I agree it'll be difficult to root Messi to a particular position and not allow him the freerole position, but hey, Messi is still a Barcelona player and he can be cautioned.

We just need a coach like a friend with balls of steel to implement those changes. Messi still has a lot to offer that team and letting him go will be the greatest mistake of all time.
My one cent though.

The Barcelona gameplay is a failed project, After pep left, Barcelona's Identity Has been declining, we need a total overhaul, even if it takes years

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2020
FirstbornWds:

My one cent though.

Because he will not leave again abi?

At 33, Xavi and Iniesta already had secondary roles on the pitch and were only coming to stabilize or change and win match for us.

At 33, Messi still has 3 years left to offer us.....smh

Una no go learn
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2020
Afobear:

Eeyaaa.....

And the Lord sayeth : your Amala would be heavy as a rock as you scream in agony to swallow it that night in Lisbon

cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 9:54am On Aug 17, 2020
barackodam:

At 33, Xavi and Iniesta already had secondary roles on the pitch and were only coming to stabilize or change and win match for us.

Una no go learn
I just tire

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2020
khingTony:

No you are not the only one.

There are quite a few of Us.

Yes I have come to accept that Messi should leave; not because Barca will be any better without him.
But because he needs to stop being loyal and look out for himself.
Let him leave and maximize the remaining 3 years of his career.
Let him go to be better managed team with a formidable squad and leave the game with a loud ovation. Instead of destroying his legacy playing at a dying club.

But then good luck with your rebuilding.

Barca is finished. You think you'd get another Messi or Ronaldinho?

Be prepared to wait another 20 years.

Barca has officially gone the way of A.C. Milan and Manchester United.
A.C. Milan and Man U actually thought they were rebuilding.
Look at them now.

Rebuilding is a process. Thou we are always late, it's still a process.

No coming back from this 'grass'

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:17am On Aug 17, 2020
barackodam:

Una no go learn
At 33 Xavi and Iniesta were done.

At 33 Messi is a bit diminished but still better and stronger than all of your favourite footballers.

Begin from 365 days back and tell me any footballer on the planet that posted better numbers than Messi.

Just 365 days.

It is preposterous for any body to suggest to sell Messi on account of the performances of the team.

WTF!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by HIRAETH: 11:03am On Aug 17, 2020
Setien is sacked! Official Announcement will take place tomorrow. @Benayadachraf
#FCB

Game over for setien !

At the moment, Ronald Koeman is in pole position over Xavi and Pochettino. There is also an internal option: a blaugrana current pushes a lot for Javier Garcia Pimienta, manager of Barcelona B.
@DiMarzio#FCB

Koeman, closer' [md]

• Barça has already spoken to the dutchman, and are finishing his contract.

• They want him to sign for 2 years, but that would affect the upcoming board.

• Today the board will meet to discuss the elections and fire Setien.

Koeman is the chosen one to become Setien’s replacement. Negotiations for his arrival are advanced and an agreement is close.
@ffpolo#FCB

Messi was at dinner with his entourage yesterday. He asked the club for clarity. He is waiting to see who will be the new coach.
@DiMarzio via @NonSoloJuve
#FCB

The information that has appeared in Uruguay on the interest of Ajax for Suarez is true. From the Dutch club they already spoke personally with the forward weeks ago to tell him their idea and offer.
@orioldomenech
#FCB
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
barackodam:

Una no go learn

Bros, Messi is not Xavi, neither is he Iniesta.
He's Messi, the greatest of all time with every characteristic that completes a player.

We still need him at Barcelona to tutor lads coming up. A single mistake of letting go will Barcelona's undoing. Of course, it's okay if he starts getting littler secondary roles from time to time but just letting him go will be outta the box. It'll be worse than a Tsunami hitting us.

And yes, he still has at least three years to offer us optimal footballing.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
tesppidd:

At 33 Messi is a bit diminished but still better and stronger than all of your favourite footballers.

Begin from 365 days back and tell me any footballer on the planet that posted better numbers than Messi.

Just 365 days.

It is preposterous for any body to suggest to sell Messi on account of the performances of the team.

WTF!

Our people are just myopic. Letting go off ancestors from our team doesn't involve Messi. I mean, this guy is better than every youngster out there in everything. It's not as if he's slow or anything but just because we want to let go of oldies.

There are better things we should focus on abeg. Messi's position is not one of the problem

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Our people are just myopic. Letting go off ancestors from our team doesn't involve Messi. I mean, this guy is better than every youngster out there in everything. It's not as if he's slow or anything but just because we want to let go of oldies.

There are better things we should focus on abeg. Messi's position is not one of the problem
And then they are talking about age as if that is all that matters.

We let Xavi go at 33 Messi must go at 33.

Okay so we let Ronaldinho go at 28, why didn't we let Messi go at 28 too?

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
tesppidd:
And then they are talking about age as if that is all that matters.

We let Xavi go at 33 Messi must go at 33.

Okay so we let Ronaldinho go at 28, why didn't we let Messi go at 28 too?

Abi now. Help me ask them

8 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
The first batch of immediate clear outs should consist of the following;
1.Busquets
2.Rakitic
3.Vidal
4.Roberto
5.Alba
6.Suarez
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ronald Koeman. lipsrsealed

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 1:53pm On Aug 17, 2020
tesppidd:

Just 365 days.

WTF!

I'm not asking him to be sold because of performances.

I'm asking him to leave so we can face what we dread the most now.

Wouldn't it have been better if we list to Bayern, 8 - 2 without Messi playing?

Would Bayern have even scored 8 against a Messi-less Barça?

The presence of Messi infuriated them the more, and they sort to disgrace him even more.

When Messi leaves, we approach our worst fears sooner than later. That's why I'm advocating for him to leave already

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 1:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Bros, Messi is not Xavi, neither is he Iniesta.
He's Messi, the greatest of all time with every characteristic that completes a player.

We still need him at Barcelona to tutor lads coming up. A single mistake of letting go will Barcelona's undoing. Of course, it's okay if he starts getting littler secondary roles from time to time but just letting him go will be outta the box. It'll be worse than a Tsunami hitting us.

And yes, he still has at least three years to offer us optimal footballing.

I'm actually tired of that excuse. Messi is not Xavi nor Iniesta.

That's what everyone keeps saying, but those are Spaniards who were born and bred in Spain. They knew when to call it quits despite their love for the clubs.

We have a pique, busi and Messi who are 33 but still want to be starting every damned game.

If we talk about Busi also, we get that who will replace him reply, as though Busi wasn't an untested player when he replaced Yaya

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
My mum would say,

"kosi igba ti maku o ni ku"

There's no time don't die won't eventually die.

Whether we like it or not, Messi's days are numbered.

We will talk bad about all the oldies as much as we like, but end it up with "except Messi"

Kontinew......na here all of us dey

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
barackodam:

I'm actually tired of that excuse. Messi is not Xavi nor Iniesta.

That's what everyone keeps saying, but those are Spaniards who were born and bred in Spain. They knew when to call it quits despite their love for the clubs.

We have a pique, busi, and Messi who are 33 but still want to be starting every damned game.

If we talk about Busi also, we get that who will replace him reply, as though Busi wasn't an untested player when he replaced Yaya

Uncle, there's a whole difference between a guy who has the capacity to part of the offensive on the pitch from people whose capacity is delegated to a particular play. Not downplaying their prowess, but it'll be extremely off to say because Xavi and Iniesta left/allowed to go or were already being sidelined at 33, then you'd want the same to be done for Messi. My brother, these two left Barcelona at the care of a worthy talisman that had the capacity to change games in our favor.

Messi abandoning at this point will not only leave us in shambles, but it also will completely take off the entire respect (if there's any left) any team has for us.

We need a total revamp, but not at the expense of Messi. Nah, that's too extreme.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
Koeman? Okay o

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Uncle, there's a whole difference between a guy who has the capacity to replicate every single act I the pitch from people whose capacity is delegated to a particular play. Not downplaying their prowess, but it'll be extremely off to say because Xavi and Iniesta left/allowed to go or were already being sidelined at 33, then you'd want the same to be done for Messi. My brother, these two left Barcelona at the care of a worthy talisman that had the capacity to change games in our favor.

Messi abandoning at this point will not only leave us in shambles, but it also will completely take off the entire respect (if there's any left) any team has for us.

We need a total revamp, but not at the expense of Messi. Nah, that's too extreme.

I agree, you have a point. But when they were in the team, we weren't doing passtomessi.

Passtomessi is what brought us to this stage, a stage where we now dread Messi leaving, like he won't ever leave.

I say, let's get over it already. So long as Messi is there, we can't stop passtomessi. Even with the Koeman coming, he can't actually ask Alba not to pass to Messi. And every new signing will want to be on the good books of Messi.

Passtomessi will continue, in a nutshell
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
Barcelona appoints Ronald Koeman.

But like someone pointed out, must we play with Cyruff mentality? Can we not just evolve to something better?

Anyways, wishing Koeman the best. Hopes he helps in this bitter evolution!! And hope he's not a glorified "Quick Setting" ( Quique Setien) or Valverde.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
barackodam:

I agree, you have a point. But when they were in the team, we weren't doing passtomessi.

Passtomessi is what brought us to this stage, a stage where we now dread Messi leaving, like he won't ever leave.

I say, let's get over it already. So long as Messi is there, we can't stop passtomessi. Even with the Koeman coming, he can't actually ask Alba not to pass to Messi. And every new signing will want to be on the good books of Messi.

Brother, PasstoMessi will continue but what we need is a team that needs to understand when to shoot, pass to a better-placed player, or even knock out defenses without bothering Messi too long. If Koeman can, I'll prefer the subjects Messi, to a particular position (If he's playing the full striking position, let him stay there. If he's playing Right-wing, let him maintain there). The other teammates need to start stepping up.

Then again, Messi should start playing fewer matches. With that, other teams will concentrate on the other threats in our team than Messi. Much emphasis wouldn't be placed on him and even if it is, we'll have other players exploiting the space... Of course, we know the kind of trouble Messi brings when he can smell as much as a small space.

But asking him to leave now, under whose tutelage will those other young players grow? Nobody knows more about Barcelona and style than Messi, I feel the knowledge hasn't been impacted fully yet.

Baba still has a lot to offer.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueAngel444: 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
tesppidd:
There was a time people here were bashing Dembele but I was seriously rooting for him.

If Dembele can only stay healthy then he's got that left wing locked down for the next 7 years.

IMO.

Just check out a front 3 of

Dembele Lautaro Messi..
which Lautaro is it Messi thag wants to leave you will do a swap deal for, or wait Griezmann?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueAngel444: 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
FirstbornWds:

But like someone pointed out, must we play with Cyruff mentality? Can we not just evolve to something better?

Anyways, wishing Koeman the best. Hopes he helps in this bitter evolution!! And hope he's not a glorified "Quick Setting" ( Quique Setien) or Valverde.
he should do a Pep and say all the players he wants to release cheesy if he has the balls grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Koeman is the right man.Have you seen Netherlands play under him?? I have watched plenty games since he's appointment and he fits as our system. I never understood appointing Setien taking over Valverde in the first place. Netherlands had to get rid of the Robbens and RVPs and handed the rebuilding job to him and see where they are right now. De Jong will flourish under him as he has done in the national team. This is a right step in the right direction and the was what I expected after that night at Liverpool. Next to go is Bartomeu and hopefully either Laporta or Font takes over before we can now move to field to do a massive clear out there
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
barackodam:

Nah. I agree that the whole passtoMessi was partially what brought about our current predicament but Barca has faired fairly fine in matches he was absent. We forget Neymar stepping up and the demolition of Madrid at Santiago was done without Messi,Suarez has stepped up in games Messi has missed including his hattrick against Madrid last season,Coutinho stepping up etc. The problem for the larger part of it goes to those who has seen Suarez playing absolutely rubbish whenever Messi is around and still keeps him in the team including playing him in Champions league games he went seasons without scoring. Those like Valverde who did a great job in stabilizing the team when Neymar left but decided that we will play the whole passtoMessi. Those who had seen where we were going but decided for some reason to still keep that same Valverde in his job. Messi may be part of the problem but he is not the problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4084) (4085) (4086) (4087) (4088) (4089) (4090) ... (6210) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.