Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,282 members, 7,860,653 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:50 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4668353 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4085) (4086) (4087) (4088) (4089) (4090) (4091) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
barackodam:

I'm not asking him to be sold because of performances.

I'm asking him to leave so we can face what we dread the most now.

Wouldn't it have been better if we list to Bayern, 8 - 2 without Messi playing?

Would Bayern have even scored 8 against a Messi-less Barça?

The presence of Messi infuriated them the more, and they sort to disgrace him even more.

When Messi leaves, we approach our worst fears sooner than later. That's why I'm advocating for him to leave already
Wow!

Since it has come down to cherry picking games.

Look at the second round match against Napoli;
Do you have any credible evidence that we would have crossed Napoli without Messi to coman even play the Bayern sef

Look at the group stages ; do you have any credible evidence that we would have qualified from that group stage without Messi? and then coman even play Napoli sef

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Debroslink:
Truth is Messi needs one last stroll to glory before leaving Barcelona or retiring. All we need is Bartomeu to get the hell out and Laporta to handle things. A great coach will change our useless tactics of depending on Messi. Laporta will bring back La Masia. La Masia will replace some of our over-aged players.

Grieezmann, Coutinho and Dembele must not be sold for any reason. Grieezmann and Coutinho especially, need a change of tactics to flourish.

I'd say Victor Font. Laporta might just be riding on past glory.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
Adiwana:

Koeman is the right man.Have you seen Netherlands play under him?? I have watched plenty games since he's appointment and he fits as our system. I never understood appointing Setien taking over Valverde in the first place. Netherlands had to get rid of the Robbens and RVPs and handed the rebuilding job to him and see where they are right now. De Jong will flourish under him as he has done in the national team. This is a right step in the right direction and the was what I expected after that night at Liverpool. Next to go is Bartomeu and hopefully either Laporta or Font takes over before we can now move to field to do a massive clear out there
Please let's conclude on this after atleast a season. We saw him at Everton. Managing a Club team is not same as a National team. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope he succeeds here. So, Welcome Koeman.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by peterd53(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2020
I hope Koeman utilities de jong in his prefer role
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
Sommyroy10:
Please let's conclude on this after atleast a season. We saw him at Everton. Managing a Club team is not same as a National team. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope for him to succeed here. So, Welcome Koeman.

More reason why a better environment is needed. He has just the right personality and has being in this type of environment with the Netherlands. Poch could've been good but he would never have survived as he doesn't have that character. He couldn't survive with Levy,he won't certainly survive in Barca especially which is way bigger than Tottenham and Levy combined with the way things are right now

It will take more than one season for this mess to be fixed but I really prefer him to be the man in charge. Time will tell anyway
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
barackodam:

I'm not asking him to be sold because of performances.

I'm asking him to leave so we can face what we dread the most now.

Wouldn't it have been better if we list to Bayern, 8 - 2 without Messi playing?

Would Bayern have even scored 8 against a Messi-less Barça?

The presence of Messi infuriated them the more, and they sort to disgrace him even more.

When Messi leaves, we approach our worst fears sooner than later. That's why I'm advocating for him to leave already

Lol,this has to be the most senseless thing I've ever read. So,players are now the reason why opposition players decide to score?? So Madrid won't have have conceded 5 at Camp Nou if Ronaldo was not there?? Lol,bro wtf

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2020
tesppidd:
Wow!

Do you have any credible evidence that we would have crossed Napoli without Messi to coman even play the Bayern sef

Look at the group stages ; do you have any credible evidence that we would have qualified from that group stage without Messi? and then coman even play Napoli sef

It would have been far better we lost to Napoli than the disgraceful beating we received in the hands of Bayern most especially how some fans and players bragged about beating them

Arsenal rivals are yet to forget the 8-2 flogging they received in the hands Of Man U, so think of how long football fans will keep remembering the 8-2 flogging of Barcelona

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TefBarzz(m): 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
Players that need to leave/be sold...
1.Messi
2.Suarez....Long overdue
3.Busquets
4.Pique
5.Rakitic,Braithwaite,

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biomustry: 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
The problem is not only sacking and appointing a new coach, so long as dem Suarez, Vidal, Busi, Raki etc are in the team na cycle b dat, especially Messi-Suarez partnership

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
Welcome valverde 3.0

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
tesppidd:
Wow!

Wetin you dey talk like this sef? undecided

It's because Messi is in the Team that's why they can't do without him, Barcelona against Napoli without Messi will be like Napoli vs Sassuolo, but if Messi and the old guys goes, the rest will Learn to fend for themselves.

I've said this before, Barcelona needs rebuilding, and doing so with Messi will yield the same result that got us where we are today, because the new players will still be dependent on him

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2020
haymekus:
Welcome valverde 3.0
Appointing Koeman is not a brilliant move, it's a hasty decision that will have a backlash at the end

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
haymekus:
Welcome valverde 3.0

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2020
khingTony:

Appointing Koeman is not a brilliant move, it's a hasty decision that will have a backlash at the end

That man no dey ever calm down,I mean Bart
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2020
temi1290:

That man no dey ever calm down,I mean Bart
Seriously, there is no need to rush

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
khingTony:
Seriously, there is no need to rush

Let's just hope for the best
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Reading comments here about Messi leaving Barcelona is quite shocking..

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
khingTony:

Wetin you dey talk like this sef? undecided

It's because Messi is in the Team that's why they can't do without him, Barcelona against Napoli without Messi will be like Napoli vs Sassuolo, but if Messi and the old guys goes, the rest will Learn to fend for themselves.

I've said this before, Barcelona needs rebuilding, and doing so with Messi will yield the same result that got us where we are today, because the new players will still be dependent on him
Oga;

With quality players like Neymar and Dembele it was possible to build a suberb team with Messi.

We need a board that can give us quality signings and a coach that can tinker with the system.

A total of 9 old guys cannot just go like that at once. All at the same time.

It has never been done in the history of football.

You want to wake up from your slumber and say Messi should go.
Alba, Suarez, Pique, Busquets, Suarez, Vidal, Roberto, Rakitic, all of you are old, oya go.

Mtcheew!

It is completely delusional to think so.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:52pm On Aug 17, 2020
TLona1:
Reading comments here about Messi leaving Barcelona is quite shocking..
What is shocking about it?

I remember vividly in 2014 on this thread, a number of persons wanted a 27 year old Messi sold only because we hadn't won the Champions league in 3 years.

So don't be shocked...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2020
I swear there are a lot of under cover Real Madrid fans on this thread disguising as Barca fans.

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
tesppidd:
I swear there are a lot of under cover Real Madrid fans on this thread disguising as Barca fans.
Because I say make We sell Messi?

Na wa oh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
It's happening already.

PSG ready to offer Vidal a pay rise to join them..

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
Adiwana:

Nah. I agree that the whole passtoMessi was partially what brought about our current predicament but Barca has faired fairly fine in matches he was absent. We forget Neymar stepping up and the demolition of Madrid at Santiago was done without Messi,Suarez has stepped up in games Messi has missed including his hattrick against Madrid last season,Coutinho stepping up etc. The problem for the larger part of it goes to those who has seen Suarez playing absolutely rubbish whenever Messi is around and still keeps him in the team including playing him in Champions league games he went seasons without scoring. Those like Valverde who did a great job in stabilizing the team when Neymar left but decided that we will play the whole passtoMessi. Those who had seen where we were going but decided for some reason to still keep that same Valverde in his job. Messi may be part of the problem but he is not the problem

I never said Messi was the problem though. Our dependence on him is
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Brother, PasstoMessi will continue but what we need is a team that needs to understand when to shoot, pass to a better-placed player, or even knock out defenses without bothering Messi too long. If Koeman can, I'll prefer the subjects Messi, to a particular position (If he's playing the full striking position, let him stay there. If he's playing Right-wing, let him maintain there). The other teammates need to start stepping up.

Then again, Messi should start playing fewer matches. With that, other teams will concentrate on the other threats in our team than Messi. Much emphasis wouldn't be placed on him and even if it is, we'll have other players exploiting the space... Of course, we know the kind of trouble Messi brings when he can smell as much as a small space.

But asking him to leave now, under whose tutelage will those other young players grow? Nobody knows more about Barcelona and style than Messi, I feel the knowledge hasn't been impacted fully yet.

Baba still has a lot to offer.

Isn't that what I was saying?

Wasn't that why I said Xavi and Iniesta already had a secondary role at his age. And that he should be given such too?

What did I get, Messi is not Xavi and Iniesta, Messi still has 3 more years left in him.

Torrh, I kukuma shut up
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
tesppidd:
Wow!

Yes, I personally stated it on this thread that only Messi could ride us past Bayern.

But that begs the question, how long are we going to keep relying on him to sort us out?

What happens in matches that he's human and can't do anything, who would step up?

Our over reliance on Messi is more harm than good. Yes, it's exhilarating watching Messi ride us past opposition, we'd forever keep relishing it...

My problem is, why are we holding on to him like he won't ever leave us? Why?

We haven't even started planning for life after Messi. We don't even want to have a discussion about it, because it's an insult to Messi.

Shey Messi no go leave again?

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
barackodam:

Yes, I personally stated it on this thread that only Messi could ride us past Bayern.

But that begs the question, how long are we going to keep relying on him to sort us out?

What happens in matches that he's human and can't do anything, who would step up?

Our over reliance on Messi is more harm than good. Yes, it's exhilarating watching Messi ride us past opposition, we'd forever keep relishing it...

We haven't even started planning for life after Messi. We don't even want to have a discussion about it, because it's an insult to Messi.

I just tire for those guys

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
Adiwana:

Lol,this has to be the most senseless thing I've ever read. So,players are now the reason why opposition players decide to score?? So Madrid won't have have conceded 5 at Camp Nou if Ronaldo was not there?? Lol,bro wtf

Yes, presence of players motivate opposition to score more or less. It's psychology...

On one end, you have a Neuer vs MATS fight, on the other hand, you have a Barça vs Bayern fight.

They have a team, we have Messi. I don't think they can have any other joy than watching Messi cry.

2 - 1, or 3 - 1 certainly won't do that

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
barackodam:

lol

It's obvious you're channelling your grievance at the wrong quarters.
You are obviously blaming Messi for the over reliance on Messi.
How could you blame Messi for over reliance on himself?
What is the work of the coach?

It's not your fault though. When Barca have employed farmers as coaches recently.
Mediocre coaches everywhere. That's what's affecting you guys.

Coaches will come and collect 5 million pounds a year but still cannot solve a Messi dependency problem.

I miss big time coaches like Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Capello and co.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
barackodam:

You want to sell a man who's still the best footballer in the world simply because the team over depends on him?
Over depend!
grin grin grin

I am sorry Baracko, you're my guy but that's got to be the most stupiid thing I ever heard.

grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
Captain Cules: civil war brewing

[img]https://media./images/883b1f53aaac6834c1fb9c2da1731a41/tenor.gif[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Zyxzzzz: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
pu7pl3:
Captain Cules: civil war brewing

[img]https://media./images/883b1f53aaac6834c1fb9c2da1731a41/tenor.gif[/img]

New day grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
Leadway really used this grin grin grin wtf grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4085) (4086) (4087) (4088) (4089) (4090) (4091) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.