Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4582136 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4730) (4731) (4732) (4733) (4734) (4735) (4736) ... (6185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2021
ThierryJay:

Yes o, if both are in form and I'm without loyalty bias, I'll pick Gerard over Xavi for that single crucial match cos he will deliver more than Xavi in that match. Over the entire season however, I'll pick Xavi more cos he's more consistent and will support getting a trophy more.

Gotcha grin

That means you will be happy to watch Gerrard slip or gift the ball to opposing strikers cos that's his MO

You don't got nothing grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2021
Oldboss:

are you for real
Gerard is no where close in delivering in big games like Xavi

FirstbornWds:

I'll chop your head off

Triggered grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ungun known man grin angry

ohma456:

Vidal, Zlatan, Dani Alves, Caseres, Edgar Davids, Zamborotta and Lilian Thuram.. That first pics na unknown gun man
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
ThierryJay:

Yes o, if both are in form and I'm without loyalty bias, I'll pick Gerard over Xavi for that single crucial match cos he will deliver more than Xavi in that match. Over the entire season however, I'll pick Xavi more cos he's more consistent and will support getting a trophy more.

Gotcha grin

I'll chop your head off
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2021
Debroslink:

FA CUP win against Westham
Win against Olympiakos
Are you kidding me?

Win against a shambolic Madrid team whose galaticos were past their prime. A team which hadn't won La Liga for 4 years in a row. A team battered and brutalised by Henry's Arsenal a year before Gerrard. Is that what you are using to praise Gerrard? Are you kidding me?

But when Gerrard faced real teams like Chelsea, invincible Arsenal, Zidane's France, Suarez's Uruguay, he choked big time.

Modric over Gerrard anytime anyday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YVHGKJNrw8

Circumstances bro. Being 3-1 down in a final, to then equalize with 2 spectacular strikes for your team, dying minute, that's the stuff of legends. No single performance by Modric reaches this level.

Lol, that Madrid team won the La liga twice in a row in 07 and 08, so they were strong.

That he didnt perform well enough against Chelsea and the likes is main reason I say he was inconsistent which is what gives Modric the advantage.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2021
FirstbornWds:

I'll chop your head off

grin grin grin grin That's what Pur7le wanted to see.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2021
pu7pl3:

That means you will be happy to watch Gerrard slip or gift the ball to opposing strikers cos that's his MO

You don't got nothing grin

I'll take that chance lol
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2021
Oldboss:

are you for real
Gerard is no where close in delivering in big games like Xavi

Let's get this straight, Xavi is better than Gerard and Xavi is more consistent in delivery. However, Gerard has an individual x-factor which at its best trumps Xavi's output although inconsistent. This is what I'm banking on when I made that choice.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2021
ThierryJay:

Circumstances bro. Being 3-1 down in a final, to then equalize with 2 spectacular strikes for your team, dying minute, that's the stuff of legends. No single performance by Modric reaches this level.

Lol, that Madrid team won the La liga twice in a row in 07 and 08, so they were strong.

That he didnt perform well enough against Chelsea and the likes is main reason I say he was inconsistent which is what gives Modric the advantage.

2 goals against freaking Westham. grin Call better teams abeg.
If 2014 Atletico was leading by 2 goals, there's nothing Gerrard would do. Modric crushed that tight defence with a well placed cross for Ramos

Madrid was rubbish in 07. They only won the league because Ronaldinho started partying and wasn't serious anymore. Henry destroyed that same Madrid at the Bernabeu a year before and we are not making noise about it.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2021
ThierryJay:

Let's get this straight, Xavi is better than Gerard and Xavi is more consistent in delivery. However, Gerard has an individual x-factor which at its best trumps Xavi's output although inconsistent. This is what I'm banking on when I made that choice.

X-factor against almighty Westham grin. You mean the X-factor that made him give back passes to Henry o and numerous occasions. grin

Don't just even try to bring in Xavi into this discourse. Xavi has been winning league titles since he was 18. Long before Ronaldinho or Messi. Gerrard was slipping off before league title. Spot the difference.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2021
Debroslink:

X-factor against almighty Westham grin. You mean the X-factor that made him give back passes to Henry o and numerous occasions. grin

Don't just even try to bring in Xavi into this discourse. Xavi has been winning league titles since he was 18. Long before Ronaldinho or Messi. Gerrard was slipping off before league title. Spot the difference.

Let's just let this argument rest. I have made my point and that isn't going to change. Same with yours.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2021
pu7pl3:

Triggered grin grin

Getat
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 29, 2021
ThierryJay:

You are totally missing the point. I do not dispute that Modric is an overall greater player than Gerard and that is largely due to his consistency in quality just like Xavi.

My point is Gerard has better individual outputs than Modric has when both are on song. In fact he is renowned for this. [s]When you think of Istanbul, FA Cup 2007, Real Madrid 07, Olympiakos 04, you think of Gerard [/s]alone as the instigator, the magician, the driver in all these matches. Modric, like Xavi, on the other hand is more systemic. So when you talk of UCL final 16, Club world cup final and co, he is regarded more as a contributor in those victories rather than as the protagonist.

This attribute of Gerard is what I preferred over Modric. Gerard's drawback is that he isnt as consistent in delivering magic on a regular basis like Iniesta for club and country and that is why Modric ranks above him.

Where the rest of his Liverpool teammates boiling beans on the pitch?

Why didn’t you highlight his performance in City’s 2014 Ucl victory after Suarez, Sturidge & sterling did all the hard work?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
When next they ask you what Pedri does to have warranted him being preferred to Thiago, Ceballos, Asensio and others, show them this

https://www./barcaboard/permalink/881181939166409/?app=fbl
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2021
devvy44:

Where the rest of his Liverpool teammates boiling beans on the pitch?

Why didn’t you highlight his performance in City’s 2014 Ucl victory after Suarez, Sturidge & sterling did all the hard work?

Sorry, party don finish, you can now go to bed.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Android17: 4:34am On Jul 30, 2021
ThierryJay:

Thanks for admitting that its individuality first before trophies. A GOAT is expected to have both so I agree with you on that.

Just a slight point of correction, Zidane played either the game against Senegal or the last game against Denmark in 02 WC, so the failure of France at that tourney was collective as Henry also missed the second and third games due to an early red card. Also, Zidane did not play in the 2003 confed cup in which Henry won golden ball.

To your initial argument, frankly I consider Gerard and Modric to be at similar level/in same class. Gerard produced more spirited spectacular individual displays while Modric is more technically gifted and consistent similar to Xavi. So using trophies won to separate them is in order and on that basis, I believe Modric edges Gerard out in greatness.

But if I have a choice in a single crucial match, I'll take a prime Gerard over prime Modric.

I enjoy reading your posts. Very informative and logical.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 30, 2021
ThierryJay:

Sorry, party don finish, you can now go to bed.

Pained grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 7:53am On Jul 30, 2021
What manner of fuckery is this? See pettiness.

Like seriously? Bloggers and lies no be here. Funnily enough, it's on google first page and search.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2021
Oldboss:
there is one thing to be learnt from Ronald Koeman’s
first season at Barcelona, it is his confidence in the youth.
Last season, the Dutchman not only bet on Pedri, Oscar
Mingueza, Ronald Araujo and Ilaix Moriba but also made
many of them starters by the end of the season.
The preseason is the perfect time to identify young assets
and decide whom to bet on for the first team. Mundo
Deportivo reports that Koeman has identified four players
to provide opportunities with the first team.
The first of the four is Yusuf Demir . The Austrian forward
was signed for the B team this summer but has
impressed the manager and staff in training.
In the opening two games, the 18-year-old has sizzled in
the front line. His cohesion with the team has been one
that very few players can boast of. The idea of stepping
him up to the first team may pay off tremendously.
The second player on the list is Alejandro Balde .
Barcelona have looked far and wide for a player to provide
Jordi Alba competition, and it seems the coach has found
the answer in the B team.
The 18-year-old has shown composure and flair in the
preseason so far. Moreover, he has been dynamite going
forward. With the vacancy in the first team still not filled,
Balde could well be in the first-team plans.
Gavi and Nico Gonzalez are the two midfielders who
complete the list. Koeman sees Nico Gonzalez as a direct
replacement for Sergio Busquets.
The 16-year-old Gavi lit up the field against both Nastic
and Girona. His initiative driving forward with the ball
especially is of great appeal to the manager.
Barcelona have a lot of stars in the making and identifying
the creme-de-la-creme is the first step. Barcelona could
hope to have four new match-winners come the end of the
season.

Yeah! Good one. Getting back to the La masia days gradually. Bartomeu no try at all, he spoil a lot of things.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2021
wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2021
GrammarNazi1:
wink
TKO

The person that started anything like a Messi versus Ronaldo debate needs to be tied at a stake.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2021
FC Barcelona, Juventus, and Real Madrid CF welcome today's Court's decision enforcing, with immediate effect, UEFA's obligation to unwind the actions taken against all European Super League founding clubs, including terminating the disciplinary proceedings against the undersigning three clubs and removing the penalties and restrictions imposed on the remaining nine founding clubs for them to avoid UEFA's disciplinary action.

The Court backs the request made by the promoters of the European Super League, dismisses UEFA's appeal, and confirms its warning to UEFA that failure to comply with its ruling shall result in fines and potential criminal liability. The case will be assessed by the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg, which shall review UEFA's monopolistic position over European football.

We have the duty to address the very serious issues facing football: UEFA has established itself as the sole regulator, exclusive operator, and unique owner of rights of European football competitions. This monopolistic position, in conflict of interest, is damaging football and its competitive balance. As shown by ample evidence, financial controls are inadequate, and they have been improperly enforced. Clubs participating in European competitions have the right to govern their own competitions.

We are pleased that going forward we will no longer be subject to ongoing UEFA's threats. Our aim is to keep developing the Super League project in a constructive and cooperative manner, always counting on all football stakeholders: fans, players, coaches, clubs, leagues, and national and international associations. We are aware that there are elements of our proposal that should be reviewed and, of course, can be improved through dialogue and consensus. We remain confident in the success of a project that will be always compliant with European Union laws.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Virus99: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2021
GrammarNazi1:
wink

Ronaldo plays forward. His job is to score goals and not to give assist.
Oya remove the assist and count only the goals... cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Virus99: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2021
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (4730) (4731) (4732) (4733) (4734) (4735) (4736) ... (6185) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.