Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,602 members, 7,865,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4947) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4677699 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4944) (4945) (4946) (4947) (4948) (4949) (4950) ... (6234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 9:32am On Nov 10, 2021
jpmoriarti:
At 39 or so, I wonder what he might still offer us as a player. I won't take him as a player. It would represent a step backwards. Focus should be in getting the best out of Sergino Dest and grooming him to become the next Dani Alves for us.

Whilst I agree that Dani should be allowed to coach defensively, I must still point out that despite being at 39, that man has got one heck of strength and stuff that most FB don't have. I watched him keenly at the Olympics and before that, Sau Paulo. His playmaking skills are top-notch.

But as I said before, I would prefer him to groom Oscar, Dest, and Balde to become the next best thing to happen to us.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2021
Ansu Fati's injury, less serious than expected

The Barça forward could already be under the command of Xavi Hernández in less than three weeks

Xavi Hernández has received good news concerning Barcelona's wonderboy, Ansu Fati (19 years old). The youngster, who was injured last Saturday in the match against Celta, with a muscle break in the hamstring of his left leg, has been speculated to be at the disposal of the Barça coach in less than three weeks.

In previous news, the FC Barcelona medical team gave no forecast of downtime that the young striker may be sidelined. The worst predictions were that he would be away from the playing fields for four to six weeks.

Visit to Juan physio

According to MD, the extent of the forward's injury is not considered as serious as the day he suffered it and could finally be put under Xavi's command in less than three weeks. After 'breaking' in Vigo, Ansu visited the prestigious physiotherapist Joaquín Juan in Madrid, who has been responsible for treating several important players, including Cristiano Ronaldo. The Barça forward has already done a good part of the rehabilitation after his last knee operation under Juan's orders and this time he has once again asked for his advice.

The discharge of Ansu will be one of the best news that Xavi can receive, given the scoring ability of the striker and the sweet moment he lived before his pain in Balaídos.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by musicnmagic(m): 10:14am On Nov 10, 2021
Physical training coach that doesn't look fit.

We are gradually getting it right.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:21am On Nov 10, 2021
Nice to hear that Ansu will be available sooner than expected.

International break will take 2 wks out of it. So he should return on or after the Benfica game.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:25am On Nov 10, 2021
Barcelona wants to renew Ousmane Dembele's contact with the Alemany formula. For every "x" amount of games he plays, he'd seen a definite amount. If he plays more, he earns more.

You reap what you sow

®Classic.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:29am On Nov 10, 2021
FirstbornWds:
Barcelona wants to renew Ousmane Dembele's contact with the Alemany formula. For every "x" amount of games he plays, he'd seen a definite amount. If he plays more, he earns more.

You reap what you sow

®Classic.
Yeahh serves him right. He has been unfair to the club during this 4 years. Earning so much and delivering so little due to numerous fitness issues. How can you miss almost 100 games in 4 years? That's like 3 seasons worth of football match. Mind blowing.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2021
Xavi interested in bringing back Trincao

The Portuguese winger is on loan at Wolverhampton until the end of the season but the new culé coach would be interested in being able to count on the footballer in January

After a season with little significance at Barça, Francisco Trincao (21 years old) is having a productive assignment at Wolverhampton and his good performances have made him one of the regular starters of the English team at this start of the season, adding a goal in nine games.

The good performance of Trincao is positive news for Barça as they point out that Xavi Hernández would be working to recover the lad in January to have more competition upfront. Several sporting spotlights in Spain are suggesting that Xavi would ask the Barça management to negotiate with Wolverhampton about the return of the Portuguese international, who is on loan until the end of the season. It's no longer news that Xavi considers wingers as key pieces in his schemes and Trincao could be of great help to the squad due to his overflow.

It's worth remembering that Wolverhampton paid 6 million euros for the transfer of Trincao until the end of the season, with the English team having a buy-out option of 30 million euros for the youngster to stay. From all it seems, if Barça is interested in getting him back, then the board must be ready to compensate Wolves financially.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
No surfing and jetsetting to watch Shanghai or Australian Open. grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
Pjanic, expectant about his future after the arrival of Xavi

The Bosnian midfielder, who has been on loan to Besiktas for a season, has a contract as a Barça player until 2024 and, although he is not scheduled to play again in January, he will return in July 2022 with the hope of gaining the confidence of the new coach.

Miralem Pjanic, who still has a contract with FC Barcelona until 2024 has regained the hope of succeeding as a Barça player after the departure of Ronald Koeman and the arrival of Xavi Hernández.

For now, Pjanic will complete his year on loan to Besiktas, where he suffered two muscle injuries that stopped his good start to the season. However, he has played six of the twelve days of the Turkish League and two of the four Champions League games. Although he has not scored, he has however provided four assists, two in each competition, especially from set-pieces.

Seeing the lack of opportunities with Koeman, Barça and the player ended up accepting the offer from Besiktas, who paid over 2.75 million to pen his loan, signing a one-year assignment without an option to buy at the end of the loan. His return in January is not contemplated, as is the case with Francisco Trincao (on loan to Wolverhampton), but in July 2022, already 32 years old, he will join the orders of Xavi Hernández, who has signed until 2024.

Pjanic has always declared himself an admirer of Xavi as a footballer, even stating that “ he liked watching Barça games, you can always learn something. Players like Xavi, Busquets, or Iniesta are an example to follow."
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
There are rumours of Sterling coming to barca in Jan. What's ur view on this?

For me, if Sterling has to come then coutinho has to go. Sterling will be a good addition to our attack.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
Between Coutinho and Dembele, who's the worse signing?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
FirstbornWds:
Between Coutinho and Dembele, who's the worse signing?
it has to be coutinho. Man was in his prime and liverpool best player wen we bought him. At least injury has not been fair to dembouz. i think we still dey owe liverpool.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
Aguero is injury prone. Dembouz can't b trust to b physically fit, depay is not barca material even though he's always on d first eleven. Trincao should come back in january.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Aguero is injury prone. Dembouz can't b trust to b physically fit, depay is not barca material even though he's always on d first eleven. Trincao should come back in january.

It's absolutely wrong to say Depay isn't Barca material. You don't expect that he becomes a "Messi" and start shouldering our responsibilities as the only reliable forward we have now.

Although he tends to be unserious at some point but with a touch of discipline and a fit-forward three/four players, he's not bad at all.

I agree about Trincao though but I still don't see how we can pull that off. There's news that Xavi will promote teamB players and also register Collado in Jan.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
it has to be coutinho. Man was in his prime and liverpool best player wen we bought him. At least injury has not been fair to dembouz. i think we still dey owe Liverpool.

I concur.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Nonsense!
How can you say Depay is not Barca material? Who's Barca material in this present squad? What's even Barca material?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense!
How can you say Depay is not Barca material? Who's Barca material in this present squad? What's even Barca material?
depay is not barca material...talent wise he's in d same category wit gerrad deulefu. Depay is a man u reject. Bartomeu ruined our finance ...in a saner clime. Luuk d jong and memphis depay is not fit to b on barca bench. We still have quality players in dis barca squad. marc stegen , busi, frenkie , pedri are world class players.... Fati b4 his injury last year was on d right track.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
FirstbornWds:

It's absolutely wrong to say Depay isn't Barca material. You don't expect that he becomes a "Messi" and start shouldering our responsibilities as the only reliable forward we have now.

Although he tends to be unserious at some point but with a touch of discipline and a fit-forward three/four players, he's not bad at all.

I agree about Trincao though but I still don't see how we can pull that off. There's news that Xavi will promote teamB players and also register Collado in Jan.
Memphis depay is not bara material. A touch of discipline at wat age? The same discipline he couldn't get at man u and lyon. once xavi get trincao, aguero and braihtewhite come bak 4rm injury... depay minutes on d pitch will drastically reduce. We bought him cox koeman requested plus he came on a free transfer and offered to take lower salary. depay can't become messi. We knw he can't.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Memphis depay is not bara material. A touch of discipline at wat age? The same discipline he couldn't get at man u and lyon. once xavi get trincao, aguero and braihtewhite come bak 4rm injury... depay minutes on d pitch will drastically reduce. We bought him cox koeman requested plus he came on a free transfer and offered to take lower salary. depay can't become messi. We knw he can't.

So Braithwaite is a Barca material but Depay isn't?

Nawa for you.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
FirstbornWds:

So Braithwaite is a Barca material but Depay isn't?

Nawa for you.
Martin is good for squad rotation. I don't think he will start ahead of aguero if both of dem re fit. There are many good squad players dat ve played 4 barca in recent years dat re beta dan memphis who's a starter in terms of discipline and postional awareness or off the ball movement. Cristian tello, Ibrahim afellay, Sedou keita, Adriano and Paulinho...even braithwaite..are all ranked above memphis.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Martin is good for squad rotation. I don't think he will start ahead of aguero if both of dem re fit. There are many good squad players dat ve played 4 barca in recent years dat re beta dan memphis who's a starter in terms of discipline and postional awareness or off the ball movement. Cristian tello, Ibrahim afellay, Sedou keita, Adriano and Paulinho...even braithwaite..are all ranked above memphis.

How you go even rate Marthin ahead of Memphis ever?

Asin how? On what premise? Aside from being able to play as a CF, he has the pace to thrive as a winger. He's definitely not someone that should make up the squad as a Sub or just to fill in the numbers. Memphis is heads and shoulders above Marthin abeg

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Lmaooo grin grin omo this guy funny sha grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
pu7pl3:

Lmaooo grin grin omo this guy funny sha grin
i dey serious bro. Depay is overrated. Dude is lazy and selfish. Check d goal alaba scored in d classico. Depay casually lost d ball. Alaba went on d counter. Depay followed him but as soon as alaba passed d ball 2 a teammate and ran into d space vacated by a barca fullback who was higher up d pitch..depay suddenly stopped running after alaba. Is dat not stupidity? Any small challenge , he's already rolling on d floor. Most times he complete his dribble by using aggressive power. He sabi use yansh , hands and shoulder to push off defenders. That is not a feature of a barca forward dat has pace and dribbling. la Depay la Boateng. I dont blame him though, on a normal depay and luuk de jong has no business in barca

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Devvy4: 11:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
i dey serious bro. Depay is overrated. Dude is lazy and selfish. Check d goal alaba scored in d classico. Depay casually lost d ball. Alaba went on d counter. Depay followed him but as soon as alaba passed d ball 2 a teammate and ran into d space vacated by a barca fullback who was higher up d pitch..depay suddenly stopped running after alaba. Is dat not stupidity? Any small challenge , he's already rolling on d floor. Most times he complete his dribble by using aggressive power. He sabi use yansh , hands and shoulder to push off defenders. That is not a feature of a barca forward dat has pace and dribbling. la Depay la Boateng. I dont blame him though, on a normal depay and luuk de jong has no business in barca

You really Dey watch barka matches joor

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GuiseppeO: 11:35am On Nov 11, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Tbh...I agree with you to an extent, if I was the coach and I had all Barca’s fit...my front three would be Fati, Aguero and Dembele.

But na condition make crayfish bend, Depay isn’t Barca material but we go manage am, please don’t mention Braithwaite again...Maybe if we tried him in the rightback position sha grin

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

You are a comedian grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by teeshet: 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2021
Awesome01:
There are rumours of Sterling coming to barca in Jan. What's ur view on this?

For me, if Sterling has to come then coutinho has to go. Sterling will be a good addition to our attack.
sterling is wasteful. We would gladly release him to you guys.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OhBritannia(m): 5:50am On Nov 12, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
lol haha you funny die!!!
I think you are joking though.
Do you know what a coach like Guadiola or Alex Ferguson will turn mephis into?
Just wait until xavi retouches him before you judge him.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Payporte: 10:22am On Nov 12, 2021
Damn,he should just retire

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 11:10am On Nov 12, 2021
This is not good

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:40am On Nov 12, 2021
FirstbornWds:
This is not good
Payporte:
Damn,he should just retire

Cardiac issues ain't nothing to play with.

He is lucky to be alive to receive his diagnosis.

He should just manage the money he has made and invests well.

Or maybe go to coaching school.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:40am On Nov 12, 2021
FirstbornWds:
This is not good
I am sorry to hear this but personally I was never really favourably disposed to his signing. I thought he has passed his prime by a long margin. It was a doomed signing, right from the beginning. Picking up 4 months injury even without kicking a ball for us. We never really should have signed him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4944) (4945) (4946) (4947) (4948) (4949) (4950) ... (6234) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Feleezy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.