Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,314 members, 7,867,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:43 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4681728 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5805) (5806) (5807) (5808) (5809) (5810) (5811) ... (6235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 11:11pm On Mar 02, 2023
jpmoriarti:
What a disciplined and resolute performance from Barcelona!!!
Our best defensive performance of the season, missing our best players.

No shot on target from Real Madrid

Probably the best defensive performance I've ever seen Barca play in a long time. Prolly contender for best ever. Cos the attacks from Madrid was Nonstop. 😢

Our Centre backs got to be commended for this match. Alonso that we love to jibe about was prolly the best defender in the second half. Kounde and Araujo also put in the work. Balde did his part getting us something upfront.

The mentality of the players won this match and not Xavi's brilliance or anything. It just shows even with average players, with the right mentality, you can still perform with a good tactical set-up by the coach in which all players complements each other.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Indasboki: 11:12pm On Mar 02, 2023
Other clubs: Never scored real Madrid first it's a trap.

Barcelona: Hold my 🍻 beer. This is not applicable to us.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dollywood(m): 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2023
Indasboki:

Ferran was the only forward playing well in the first half and he was pivotal to our goal as he gave Kessie that pass. He was really good in the second half as he created the goal chance for Kessie that Fati blocked.

The whole of our defenders stood well today. FDJ bossed well and did what was necessary.

Gavi’s defensive work rate in the last 20minutes was insane as well.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Indasboki: 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2023
abduleez1:

Probably the best defensive performance I've ever seen Barca play in a long time. Prolly contender for best ever. Cos the attacks from Madrid was Nonstop. 😢

Our Centre backs got to be commended for this match. Alonso that we love to jibe about was prolly the best defender in the second half. Kounde and Araujo also put in the work. Balde did his part getting us something upfront.

The mentality of the players won this match and not Xavi's brilliance or anything. It just shows even with average players, with the right mentality, you can still perform with a good tactical set-up by the coach in which all players complements each other.

Xavi really needs to up his tactics and should be ready to tweak to win, something with Scolani's Argentina. Each game, with the opposition in mind before anything.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by meme98: 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2023
Make una help me beg Xavi to troway Raphinha... That guy na heavy fraud of a player. Dude can't even dribble on a one-on-one situation, can't make accurate pass, can't even cross. I no really know who scout that guy for Barca aswear
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by PJtech: 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2023
I remember when Lenglet still dey that dey that defense, OMG
That guy nah God forbid

And Emerson Royal... I'll forever be grateful to Tottenhan Hotspor
jpmoriarti:
They will come out when it suits them. Today is not that day.

We're not yet at the level Xavi wants the team to be but this kind of defensive performance is what we have lacked in years. Play as a compact unit. Resolute and disciplined. You won't have all your best players all the time. The team is what matters the most, not any one player.

Yes, we didn't create much going forward, but we made sure Real Madrid didn't either.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Indasboki: 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2023
Dollywood:

Gavi’s defensive work rate in the last 20minutes was insane as well.

That one... is really pivotal to how we play. His mentality from start to finish is one thing the rest players need to imbibe.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dollywood(m): 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2023
abduleez1:

Dude shut the Bleep up and give Xavi his credit!

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by PJtech: 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2023
This is his first season.. lets see how he performs nxt season
meme98:
Make una help me beg Xavi to troway Raphinha... That guy na heavy fraud of a player. Dude can't even dribble on a one-on-one situation, can't make accurate pass, can't even cross. I no really know who scout that guy for Barca aswear
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Indasboki: 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2023
meme98:
Make una help me beg Xavi to troway Raphinha... That guy na heavy fraud of a player. Dude can't even dribble on a one-on-one situation, [b]can't make accurate pass, can't even cross. I [/b]no really know who scout that guy for Barca aswear

There's no better final third passer and crosser of the ball in our team than Raphina.. The first one is right and even I am beginning to get worried because he was ok at Leeds although not too much of a dribbler still.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kilishihunter:
Real madrid with 13 shots
Not one single one troubled MATS even with Alonslow in our defence, Oh my Jesus
PS: Araujo na truly Akpororo papa, Dem no need DNA test to confirm am

😂😂😂

Dem still never tell us wetin Vini do Araujo. That man has made it his business to frustrate Vinicius life. Weyrey Vini even been dey use style reinforce him confidence in the first half by encouraging the fans and taunting Gavi.

Na small remain make I curse Gavi papa. That guy is becoming a menace with his seemingly dumb yellow cards accumulation every match day. It used to be charming then and an inside joke between fans but it's becoming annoying now.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by PJtech: 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2023
At-all at-all bro
Indasboki:

No 2k on top o. Na proper 4 odds I play.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dollywood(m): 11:18pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
Real Madrid lose their FIRST match at home in 11 months

Their last defeat at the Bernabeu came against Chelsea in April 2022.

when you are big you are big

Man shut the Bleep up! And the loss came against the underdog Barcelona riddled with injuries and poor form. Foool.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dollywood(m): 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2023
abduleez1:

😂😂😂

Dem still never tell us wetin Vini do Araujo. That man has made it his business to frustrate Vinicius life. Weyrey Vini even been dey use style reinforce him confidence in the first half by encouraging the fans and taunting Gavi.

Na small remain make I curse Gavi papa. That guy is becoming a menace with his seemingly dumb yellow
cards accumulation every match day. It used to be charming then and an inside joke between fans but it's becoming annoying now.

Gavi is still a child. He’s definitely learning. There’s arguably no better midfielder than Gavi at his age now.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 11:21pm On Mar 02, 2023
Dollywood:

Dude shut the Bleep up and give Xavi his credit!

You shut the fvvk up. If you no fit bring facts or logical analysis to back stance or make good argument, sit the h£ll down. 👎
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by meme98: 11:21pm On Mar 02, 2023
Indasboki:

There's no better final third passer and crosser of the ball in our team than Raphina.. The first one is right and even I am beginning to get worried because he was ok at Leeds although not too much of a dribbler still.

I beg to differ. Abi no be the same Raphinha wey me dey watch week in week out? Once that guy hold ball I dey loose hope... God bless Ferran Torres joor. I no know wetin that guy do Xavi wey him dey always chop bench
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:21pm On Mar 02, 2023
abduleez1:

Nonsense.

Give praise where it is due. What is the difference between coach's brilliance and player's mentality. This should be the most rubbish talk I have heard here in a long time. You don't want to give credit to the coach because you already said he will fail in Barca, so you're desperate for your incompetent opinion to hold true.

If it were coaches like Mourinho or Tuchel or Simeone that got this kind of result in Santiago Bernabeu, you will be singing his praise as a tactical masterclass, but because it is Xavi, you're beginning to fume in the mouth.

Next time, you don't know what to say after a win, just go to sleep.

Our players were disciplined in defence. Kept their shape. Reduced their mistakes. Marked their players. Refused to be drawn out of position. Attacked when they had to. Held the ball when they had to. Got the goal from winning the ball upfront. What more do you want from a team that is going through bad patch and missing lots of players, from coach perspective
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2023
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense.

Give praise where it is due. What is the difference between coach's brilliance and player's mentality. This should be the most rubbish talk I have heard here in a long time. You don't want to give credit to the coach because you already said he will fail in Barca, so you're desperate for your incompetent opinion to hold true.

If it were coaches like Mourinho or Tuchel or Simeone that got this kind of result in Santiago Bernabeu, you will be singing his praise as a tactical masterclass, but because it is Xavi, you're beginning to fume in the mouth.

Our players were disciplined in defence. Kept their shape. Reduced their mistakes. Marked their players. Refused to be drawn out of position. Attacked when they had to. Held the ball when they had to. Got the goal from winning the ball upfront. What more do you want from a team that is going through bad patch and missing lots of players, from coach perspective

Guy go rest. It seems dementia is setting in cos you clearly mixing me up with someone.
[size=8pt][/size]I don't have an agenda or any stupid grudges or prejudice against any player in Barca.

If you perform I praise you. If you play nonsense I criticise you. Same goes for the coach. My arguments are mostly dynamic and not mostly sentimental.

Based on my own POV, the way I rank coaches tactical acumen is based on a lot of things and not geared towards solely on whether we win or not.
If you win some matches sef and you played atrociously, you go still collect. It's not all about winning all the time but how you play.

As for me, a coach will be judged based on how good he reads the game, his formation, his substitutes, the time he makes his changes, who he subs out vs who subs in, the performance of the subs and how such changes affects the dynamics of the teams play on the field. Reading opposition coach or team's tactics, seeing threats, cutting out threats etc. All this will come into play and I will definitely not join you dey shout Nonsense kumbaya even if we win if I still glaring problems.

Still, a brilliant match for players. Wish they can replicate this tenacity on European nights.

If it's allowed for some people to praise only a particular player as the difference maker and brilliant member in the team and forgetting about the work of the others who made that happen. I see no reason for your tears when such is applied to a coach.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Indasboki: 11:38pm On Mar 02, 2023
meme98:

I beg to differ. Abi no be the same Raphinha wey me dey watch week in week out? Once that guy hold ball I dey loose hope... God bless Ferran Torres joor. I no know wetin that guy do Xavi wey him dey always chop bench

You see to dribble, Raph wack die. I no trust am. But for the rest way you talk, he sabi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dollywood(m): 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2023
abduleez1:

You shut the fvvk up. If you no fit bring facts or logical analysis to back stance or make good argument, sit the h£ll down. 👎

I don’t have any damn analysis or arguments that a meathead like you will understand.

Give Xavi his damn credit. Peasants like you will be pessimistic before the match and after the match. Relaxing on your damn bedbug infested bed and discrediting a manager that spent days working on how to deflect Real Madrid’s inevitable attacks. Like the damn coach takes a nap every now and then and would throw a big match like this away. Stupid.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dollywood(m): 11:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense.

Preach, brother. Preach to that numbskull!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 11:44pm On Mar 02, 2023
Dollywood:

I don’t have any damn analysis or arguments that a meathead like you will understand.

Give Xavi his damn credit. Peasants like you will be pessimistic before the match and after the match. Relaxing on your damn bedbug infested bed and discrediting a manager that spent days working on how to deflect Real Madrid’s inevitable attacks. Like the damn coach takes a nap every now and then and would throw a big match like this away. Stupid.

Lol, it's clear you're looking for someone to trade 'meathead' craptalk with.
I no get time for useless trolls. Go and sleep.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2023
Dollywood:

Arm chair critics, who know more than everyone but never held any responsibility or delivered on any task, all their wretched life but are quick to turn professors, just to abuse and give free reigns to the pent up frustrations they have had to endure all their miserable lives.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dollywood(m): 11:51pm On Mar 02, 2023
abduleez1:

Guy go rest. It seems dementia is setting in cos you clearly mixing me up with someone.
[size=8pt][/size]I don't have an agenda or any stupid grudges or prejudice against any player in Barca.

If you perform I praise you. If you play nonsense I criticise you. Same goes for the coach. My arguments are mostly dynamic and not mostly sentimental.

Based on my own POV, the way I rank coaches tactical acumen is based on a lot of things and not geared towards solely on whether we win or not.
If you win some matches sef and you played atrociously, you go still collect. It's not all about winning all the time but how you play.

As for me, a coach will be judged based on how good he reads the game, his formation, his substitutes, the time he makes his changes, who he subs out vs who subs in, the performance of the subs and how such changes affects the dynamics of the teams play on the field. Reading opposition coach or team's tactics, seeing threats, cutting out threats etc. All this will come into play and I will definitely not join you dey shout Nonsense kumbaya even if we win if I still glaring problems.

Still, a brilliant match for players. Wish they can replicate this tenacity on European nights.

If it's allowed for some people to praise only a particular player as the difference maker and brilliant member in the team and forgetting about the work of the others who made that happen. I see no reason for your tears when such is applied to a coach.

Your saying trash and think you’re misguided and deluded at the same time. Your hunger for European glory might have planted an illusion in your empty skull. Maybe you’ve forgotten Barcelona is in a damn financial crisis and we can’t even boast of a domestic trophies in the last few years and suddenly you want us to become invincible against European giants because we’re Barcelona. The same Barcelona that was labeled an European failure for the past seven years, and played Europa League last season.

We’re at the top of the table and we just defeated our informed bitter rival, Real Madrid.

That’s decent, and I won’t let one European night ruined the team’s mentality and the remaining season. If the players kept that ‘We failed in Europe” mentality into this match, we’d lose terribly and dumbass like you’d still blame Xavi of course.

You think it’s as easy as ABC to motivate the squad to play brilliantly after a back to back losses against teams you’d expect we would win.

SMH. I have headache, man. I can’t stress myself further over a nutcase like you.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 11:51pm On Mar 02, 2023
Let’s talk about Alonslow the Super CB

Man shut us up ,but you all should keep pretending cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 11:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
our backline made the difference tonight.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
Dollywood:

Preach, brother. Preach to that numbskull!
Some of so=called Barca fans I am seeing in this thread these days, ehhh Lacking in depth. Fuming in the mouth. Frustrated lots who thought being a Barcelona fan will provide a hiding place from their miserable lives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 11:53pm On Mar 02, 2023
Na wa o. I hope you guys know that this what they call " In-fighting " sha?

Make una do am sofri-sofri o. Gudnite.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 11:56pm On Mar 02, 2023
Make una Calma abeg, Biko 🙏
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 12:00am On Mar 03, 2023
This win once again proves Xavi's tactical flexibility.

He knew his XI was highly depleted so he went with a pragmatic & defense-first game plan, and it worked out beautifully. Madrid had just 1 big chance, Barça had 2 and should've won 2-0.

Xavi Masterclass at the Bernabeau!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 12:01am On Mar 03, 2023
There must be somethin wrong with this jpmumu and his life, cuz Wetin concern fans personal lives with their opinions about the club's management?
What a dimwitted man-child
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 12:02am On Mar 03, 2023
PJtech:
I remember when Lenglet still dey that dey that defense, OMG
That guy nah God forbid

And Emerson Royal... I'll forever be grateful to Tottenhan Hotspor
Hopefully totenham will help us buy Lenglet just like we scammed them with Emerson but the latter has been surprisingly playing well these days even being nominated for the February EPL player of last month

(1) (2) (3) ... (5805) (5806) (5807) (5808) (5809) (5810) (5811) ... (6235) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.