Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,573 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4613144 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (6200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2012
Dear Barca cules, we are on the verge of accomplishing what no other club has done since this presitigious competition was named The Uefa Champions League, so if a defeat like this comes up, we need to be more confident and have faith in our team. Definitely we played better, but luck obviously wasnt on our side judging from the woodwork and clear missed chances.

I am confident we'll turn things around in camp nou, nevertheless I can never forget screaming at the top of my voice that fab was spose to have been subbed,he wasnt in the game @all, better still have iniesta play in the middle,I really hate to see him play on the left flank,that way, maybe we would have gotten an away goal. All the same, no shaking, we have to focus on the classico ahead, then finish off chelsea on Tuesday. We are champions ordained by the Heavens, and we'll always be. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:57am On Apr 19, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

so upon all una mouth and gra gra, chelsea still beat una?

na d referee cause am sha. if to say e do im job like im suppose, u know as usual wink wink wink una for don dey misyarn

e good sef, make el clasico dey on equal footing, na d two of una lose
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 7:43am On Apr 19, 2012
ddippset: drogba should have come to the pitch with his mattress tonight. with all his sleeping around one would have expected an extra 5 minutes at least. but we only got 3 and so we are spared of 'uefalona' chants tonight.
Dude was wearing flip flops.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:53am On Apr 19, 2012
Mcleo007:

Your words are kind and comforting. Just the best response to give to proling Throls

stop crying. pele ma sunkun mo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 19, 2012
How Barcelona FC left Stamford bridge without scoring is a modern-day soccer mystery.
That inability to score away is a big albatross.
But I think you can do it,because I don't see how this Chelsea squad can get any kind of result at Camp Nou.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:59am On Apr 19, 2012
^^
Essentially, it was pure luck.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by partyprofs(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2012
Pls how do i open tagged on my andriod tablet?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 10:49am On Apr 19, 2012
We have accepted our defeat in good faith.we aint crying and blaming match officials for a clear penalty denied,and rough tackle ignored.i am proud of this team and the way they can easily move on with or without a win.Pep has prepared the team in the best possible way,as a matter of fact,i was not expecting him to have deployed such an attacking minded line up considering the fact that El-classico is just around the corner.there was nothing wrong with his tactics except the fact that i dont like seeing Iniesta usefulness in the middle thrown away or reduced to a winger just to accommodate a false 9 in Cesc that was missing chances that my two years old son could have converted.be that as it may,we were able to create a whole lots of chances away from home despite how good Chelsea defenders were on the night,we made their defenders looks so good and organized because we have refused to take our chances.nobody would have been talking about their defensive tactics,if Alexis and pedro goal attempt that strike the bar ended in the back of the net.we also defended poorly, and people are not really concern about that,how on earth they manage to put away the only chance they created through out the game?the counter could have been easily dealt with because we out numbered them in our 18yards box,they were 4 of our players plus valdez as compare to Drogba and Remires.Maschrano was to be blamed for the goal,he was closing on Drogba,while Puyol and xavi have their eyes on Remires just for him to ignore his man and start running towards puyol leaving only Drogba calling for the ball for God knows how long.we are going to score in camp nou eventually,but i am also worried how our opponent usually scores the only chance they create against us.i am positive 90mins in camp nou is enough for us to turn things around,it was their lucky night and ours will surely comes on tuesday.God bless Barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:08am On Apr 19, 2012
Nice 1 ogazi. wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2012
AjanleKoko: ^^
Essentially, it was pure luck.
Not completely correct. As much as Chelsea were lucky to a point, Barca were were unusually not incisive in their final 3rd. Besides after 25 mins i began to worry for Barca as their passing was uncharacteristically sloppy and not as imaginative as expected.
whoever passed that ball to Messi that he lost which led to the goal was more at fault for that goal than even Messi.
Dude was clearly struggling as he seemed injured. Why pass to him?Do his team mates think he is not human?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2012
Everyone is hailing Chelsea's defensive performance as masterclass but if those 2 balls that struck the post had entered,we would have been discussing how timid and toothless Chelsea were at home.
Football analysis is funny.
I doubt Barca will play as poorly as they did last night any time soon.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:21am On Apr 19, 2012
I recall when a certain Mourinho said a certain goal number 2 scored by a certain catalan was pure luck.

all the cules here laughed off the idea that luck played a part in it.

now that same luck knack them akpako yesternight they now accept that it exist. grin

off topic:
where was Messi in the match? grin
20 Million passes 99.9% accuracy
goals=0
assist=0
grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2012
how could a man like mourinho called a barcelona goal luck. a man who always sticks his tail behind his legs when he plays barca. a man who always parks the bus when he plays barca because he is scared to attack. a man who is always completely outplayed by barca. and then call a barca goal a lucky goal? a man who team never matches barca man for man in a football game. like i sadi before these 1 billion passes and 99% possession arent for nothing. let anybody win the champions league but barca would always be regarded as the best team in the world or even history. just like when inter won the champions league, barca was still the most revered, regarded as the best. it is our legacy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:39am On Apr 19, 2012
so xavi's shot was intentionally hit to bounce off Marcelo.

what a genius he must be undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AlabaSlim: 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2012
Well as a utd fan i was nut hapi wit d result....yestaday showed dat futbal could b cruel sumtyms
me$$i was alwayz loosin d ball @ midfield
i PRAY hellc get knocked out nx wk.....imagine pple praisin hellc's per4mance;it showz dat futball is truli DEAD
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AlabaSlim: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2012
BUT cm 2 tink of it, Y r pple evun on TOTALBARCA & oda social sitez insultin cesc & sanchez leavin m£$$ì(who was d CAUSE 4 dat goal); is it dat he is UNTOUCHABLE or it wil b sacrilege 2 do SUCH na wa o
i jus pray barca scale tru 2 dat final xcept GOD has destined it wil b chelshit.....
HEHN IMAGINE PPLE ON D STRIT YESTADAY SAYIN CHELSHIT WERE BETA & OUTPLAYED BARCA EVUN ON RADIO STATIONs-wat an ABOMINATION 2 FOOTIE
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2012
Alaba_Slim: BUT cm 2 tink of it, Y r pple evun on TOTALBARCA & oda social sitez insultin cesc & sanchez leavin m£$$ì(who was d CAUSE 4 dat goal); is it dat he is UNTOUCHABLE or it wil b sacrilege 2 do SUCH na wa o

its is a sacrilege an ominous one for that matter.
but in football take the praise collectively as well as the blame.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:30am On Apr 20, 2012
lionel messi has paid his dues big time. he's a living legend. one of the best in history if not the best. the man could do no wrong.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 10:09am On Apr 20, 2012
It cud be justifiable if he had lost possession of the ball normally, but he just had a groin injury minutes before Lampard dispossessed him of the ball. So no biggy. Next to be seen off: Madrid. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ritchboy(m): 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2012
Why everyone be hating on Fab 4? He missed(air shot) one good chance(similar scenario to Busquets' in the last minute who gets no blame), had another one heading for the bottom corner brilliantly cleared off the line, and they want to slaughter the nuccah. Did you not see the sick passes he was dropping?

The biggest culprits on the night were Messi for trying to dribble from that position, Valdes for his joke of a save attempt(how does this guy still play for Barca?), and Sanchez for missing the easiest chance of the lot.

You cannot really blame tactics either when the team has created 5 or 6 good chances to score and limited the opposition to one(which Valdes shoulda saved, again, no blame), Iniesta in the middle won't breeze through the heart of Chelsea's bus and score/create if Messi couldn't do it.

Shyte happens, on another day it coulda been 3 or 4 nil. That said, Barca's away record in these big UCL away games is notoriously poor.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2012
^^
Actually that's quite a realistic view of things.
But you know footie fans. We usually have to blame somebody grin who is too well-paid to care, anyway cheesy

On the away record, I have to say, I don't know of any big team that chalks up routine away victories against fellow big teams in Europe. It just doesn't happen.
This season in particular. Barca deserves some credit, they at least beat Milan away in the group stages.

In fact this season seems to be Guardiola's best in the UCL; his first 2 seasons, he only managed draws away from home, in both the group and knockout stages. He only has drawn one and lost one this season away. Up till the round of 16, he picked up all 3 points away.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 21, 2012
We need to convert some of our so many chances. It was our greatest undoing against Chelsea and now everybody is talking about how wonderful their defence was. Who would have said all these assuming our goalscorers were clinical enough to put away at least 3 out of 11 chances created. Nevertheless, when your first chance on goal was to hit the woodwork, then that match is not for you.

I believe that the upcoming matches will be a lot different. We will be luckier and will be winners!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:35am On Apr 21, 2012
we all have seen how teams park the bus against barca. i mean some of the biggest teams in the world. several times madrid have done it, inter, and now chelsea. ( nuff props to man u and arsenal who aren't cowards but come out to contest the ball man- to- man) at the end of the day they call it a pattern. they chase the ball, they struggle for possession, they put in tackles, they run and run and run; despite these they fail to win the ball. they go for their last resort; put 8 men behind the ball .and then they call it a pattern. barca attack , attack and attack. they dont go for the initiative. they only depend on barca to make a mistake. at the end they call it a pattern. there's no one who doesn't want possession and when ure not good enuff to get the ball back, you call it a pattern. but at the end football is football. just as evil sometimes prevails over good, anti-football sometimes prevails over football.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:08am On Apr 21, 2012
We need to have a better strategy for playing against park-the-bus teams. We can call it anti-football but the truth is that almost every team that has succeeded (or nearly succeeded almost) against Barca in the last few years has emploed this same tactic.

The onus is on Pep to find a solution against such teams other than pass, pass, rack up high possession stats, but no goals.

1. We need to be clinical with the few chances we get. We have the best midfield in the world and they will always create chances for the attackers. But will they take those chances?

2. We need to shoot more from outside the box. When teams are parking the bus, they make it harder for their keeper to see incoming shots, plus there's always a chance of deflections.

3. We do need a proper out and out striker, possibly a tall one of the Ibra mould. While the Ibra move didn't turn out well (he was way too expensive; Pep wasn't as patient with him as he would with the Catalan/La masia boys; he didn't exactly fit into the team), it doesn't change the fact that we need proper scorers who can also head in a cross.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:13am On Apr 21, 2012
I don't like to be a doubter but I now feel that we won't make it into the UCL final. Chelsea will come to Noun Camp to defend and counter. If we're as ineffectual in goal as we have been most of this season, who can guarantee that we will score 2 or more goals? Especially if Messi is triple marked?

When we lose the 1st leg away, most Cules always feel that we will simply score the necessary goals at home. But look at what happened against inter in 2010. Even last season, we barely overcame Arsenal (1 goal and we would have been out). The trick is to not attack naively when playing away & risk counter attacks. 0-0 is better than 1-0 loss. If the full backs refrain from goin forward its difficult for anyone to score against us. when they go forward and a counter attack is on, the CBs get pulled out of position and we are opened up.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2012
On to el classico - I don't care too much if we win or draw tonight. We should just be in top shape for Tuesday. Madrid will come to defend and hold out for a draw. Even if we win, our league run in is tougher than Madrid's so the league is still a long shot. I feel the league was lost when Pep played a crazy formation against Villareal and followed that by resting too many starters against Osasuna, because he was too worried about Bayer Leverkusen, of all inconsistent teams.

Cules abeg, I have a little issue:

I'll be travelling tonight (silly me, I didn't remember el classico when booking the ticket sad). Where can I watch the match in the international wing of MMIA? I hope I no go watch classico go miss my flight!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:27am On Apr 21, 2012
Stealthy: We need to have a better strategy for playing against park-the-bus teams. We can call it anti-football but the truth is that almost every team that has succeeded (or nearly succeeded almost) against Barca in the last few years has emploed this same tactic.

The onus is on Pep to find a solution against such teams other than pass, pass, rack up high possession stats, but no goals.

1. We need to be clinical with the few chances we get. We have the best midfield in the world and they will always create chances for the attackers. But will they take those chances?

2. We need to shoot more from outside the box. When teams are parking the bus, they make it harder for their keeper to see incoming shots, plus there's always a chance of deflections.

3. We do need a proper out and out striker, possibly a tall one of the Ibra mould. While the Ibra move didn't turn out well (he was way too expensive; Pep wasn't as patient with him as he would with the Catalan/La masia boys; he didn't exactly fit into the team), it doesn't change the fact that we need proper scorers who can also head in a cross.
the only way to counter this 'park the bus' system is by parking the bus as well or praying for luck. when your opponent puts 8 men behind the ball, only luck can work it out.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2012
Stealthy: We need to have a better strategy for playing against park-the-bus teams. We can call it anti-football but the truth is that almost every team that has succeeded (or nearly succeeded almost) against Barca in the last few years has emploed this same tactic.

Stealthy, if you have followed the team in the last 4 years, you'd notice that Pep has tried everything you've suggested. And they have largely not worked. Ibra, Chgrynskiy, Maxwell . . . a host of signings that haven't delivered, for a simple reason. The Barcelona team is trained to play a certain way since the early 70s. And it has largely worked for us, I mean, 13 of a possible 16 titles. I have no complaint. Besides, putting Ibra in a a team with 6, 7 other ball-players, what do you expect?

For me, I support Barcelona because they play a different system, and don't change their style every time a new coach shows up, like some of these EPL teams. Which is also why I respect Manchester United. They have their style and stay true to it. After all, United was knocked out of UCL and Europa. Are Basle and Bilbao better teams than United? It's just one year, one cup. We can't possibly win all titles every year.

Let's not take these games too much to heart. So what if we lost to Chelsea, and are 4 points behind Madrid? The boys still have a chance, and I'll support them to the end, and beyond. They got here by playing the way they do, and I don't expect them to change. If we had put in 2 or 3 of those 6 or 7 chances we had against Chelsea, we'd be here popping champagne. I'd like to see Chelsea come and park the bus at the Camp Nou. It will be very difficult, all it takes is a goal from us, and I know our boys will spend the 90 minutes knocking on the door. It's just a one goal lead, we can overturn this deficit.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2012
Half chnace one goal by madrid.i will see if Pep wont shop for an experience center back.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mukina2: 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2012
hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hi friends grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2012
Ronaldo has outplayed messi tonight.they are worthy of the trophy.i am not sure if we can do better on tuesday.we need to start thinking of how to rebuild this team against next season.Forza Barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by diggz: 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2012
Useless peeps!!! How Market?

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (6200) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Philip6800(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.