Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4608774 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (6195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 9:10am On May 04, 2012
AjanleKoko: ^^
He scored the only goal for Malaga against us, in both fixtures. He can't be that bad.

In any case I agree with your earlier submission. Scoring goals is not our problem. Keeping things tight at the back, and defending set pieces/counter-attacks, those are our failings. And they are more of coaching adjustments. I hope Tito is looking at those. "we played true to our style" won't be tenable next season.
That was why i was hoping you guys would get an outsider to replace Pep.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2012
medjai: We don't need Llorente or any other striker for that matter. We have no problems in attack. This season has been our best in terms of goalscoring. Our strike force is fantastic and it will be even better once Villa is back and Pedro is firing on all cylinders.

Any further tinkering is unnecessary.

Messi

Sanchez
Pedro
Villa
Cuenca
Tello
Afellay

And even Iniesta and Fabregas can play there if needed.

We have the best player in the world in Messi, who can score 50/60 goals a season and create a lot too.

We have players who can compliment Messi perfectly, working hard to make space for him and scoring when chances are presented - Pedro, Villa and to a lesser extent Sanchez.

And pace merchants who can take advantage of tired defenses late in matches and be competent starters as well - Cuenca, Tello.

If needed, Villa can be played through the middle (if Messi is unavailable), and so can Fabregas.

We might have a few worries, firepower up front isn't one of them.

Bro, we still need one NATURAL 9 if we are to be a little bit different from last season, we need someone who can bring in another dynamics to the forward line, we SUFFERED scoring during our matches against Ac milan (away) and Chelsea (away), they locked shop and we had no answers to the problem, we had most of all these strikers, yet nothing came out. Having a taller striker (in box) striker helps to give us alternatives in the attack, we need at least 2-3 defenders too and also a better goal-keeper, out of the 3 goals we conceded in the hands of Chelsea, VALDEZ caused 2.

We had Ibrahimovic but was/is he a forward who stays in the box? NO!

Does he use his head even with his height? No!

So Ibrahimovic is not a yardstick to why we should or should not buy a tall box striker. you can see how useless gomez is to Bayern with his height and heading ability, this is what we need when tiki-taka fails.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:28am On May 04, 2012
Cules,
Lots of buzz around Dani Alves. From PSG to Anzhi. Rumour has it, he will go in the summer.
Do you guys think we should let him leave? He's good going forward, and has put in a decent shift at the back as well. I think the club needs to keep him, he's very valuable.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:23am On May 04, 2012
AjanleKoko: Cules,
Lots of buzz around Dani Alves. From PSG to Anzhi. Rumour has it, he will go in the summer.
Do you guys think we should let him leave? He's good going forward, and has put in a decent shift at the back as well. I think the club needs to keep him, he's very valuable.

You can't force a player to stay but if he wants to leave, he can leave, RB is not that hard to find, infact there are alot of pacy RB who are willing to join BARCELONA, so no cause for alarm, before he came, we never had issues with RB, him leaving won't cause any issue either as long as we get a befitting replacement.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:18pm On May 04, 2012
You can't force a player to stay but if he wants to leave, he can leave, RB is not that hard to find, infact there are alot of pacy RB who are willing to join BARCELONA, so no cause for alarm, before he came, we never had issues with RB, him leaving won't cause any issue either as long as we get a befitting replacement.

Bros you harsh o embarassed

He has said he wants to stay; I think it's the club that wants to cash out.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Bros you harsh o embarassed

He has said he wants to stay; I think it's the club that wants to cash out.

Not really bro, i remember when he was threatening to leave us if we didn't increase his take home pay, maybe now we are on the driving seat now, maybe he's troublesome in the dressing room and Vita is trying to chase out those who are likely to give him more health issues.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:39pm On May 04, 2012
^^
Na who be Vita? cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2012
^^^

I mean vilanova = vila not vita lol grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 04, 2012
I like Dani a lot and i really like him to stay with us. But the recent dressing room hiccups with teammates should not be entertained. If the club feels he is becoming a problem, they should sell him. I think Barca have given him all there is to win in club football. He can continue to have fun with us or he tries elsewhere!

I like all our summer targets starting from Llorente, Van Persie, Jordi Alba, Thiago Silva, Alaba , Javi Martinez but non excites me more than Javi Martinez. His height, aerial strenght, ability to play at 4 or 5/6, confidence in bringing the ball out of defence to attack, passing ability, calmness and young age, makes him the best of all the prospect.

Jordi Alba is the best '3' we can get but his problem is that of height. I don't think there is any fullback available now that is good at attack and also awesome in defence. Take Marcelo for instance.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 3:45pm On May 04, 2012
You guys seem to forget that Barca had chances in the games you said the opponents defense was locked. The chances were just not taken. So the problem was being wasteful in attack and being undisciplined in defense.

I still want Alaba though.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 4:22pm On May 04, 2012
Lots of wishlists are being bandied around, mostly by Barca fans and not the club.
- David Alaba- no hope of getting him.
- Thiago Silva - Also Mission Impossible.
- Jordi Alba - people don't like him cos he's short, like most Spaniards tend to be. But he can bomb down the left flank, which is always welcome.
- David Luiz - Skilful but erratic. Another Tarzan-haired fellow. Would be interesting to see a Pique-Luiz pairing. But he was expensive, which makes me wonder if Chelsea will sell him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 5:56pm On May 04, 2012
Hey Cules

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 6:11pm On May 04, 2012
Summer Wishlist:
DEF: Hummels or Vertonghen.
I prefer Vertonghen simply because he can also play
as a left-back. Should Vilanova decide to perfect the
3-4-3 system Vertonghen will be the key man.

Picture this; best comment from guardian-
Madrids league title this year is
like the analogy of a monkey
hitting keys at random and
eventually creating a
Shakespeare text.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:28pm On May 04, 2012
Does it make u pple feel better to insult and denigrate madrid?

i guess it helps u sooth the pain and hurt of [size=48pt]losing[/size] shey? grin grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:03pm On May 04, 2012
4llerbuntu: Does it make u pple feel better to insult and denigrate madrid?

i guess it helps u sooth the pain and hurt of [size=48pt]losing[/size] shey? grin grin grin grin

Sorry but you are saying?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 11:36pm On May 04, 2012
Hmm! All these wish list.

Zubi has already ruled out making any marquee signings. He said we won't be splashing the clash.

If we are to buy then we'd have to sell.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:59am On May 05, 2012
^^^
No marquee signings, yes. But the club will sign new players. Jordi Alba is almost a certainty. We might also see Vertonghen, though I suspect he might not see much game action for the first team. Apart from that, no new signings in attack or midfield. Xavi will still play next season, and so will Tarzan.

And the club will sell players.
Keita, Afellay, Alves, they might leave. Also, Fontas and Batra might go on loan, or be sold with a buyback clause. Montoya, Cuenca, Dos Santos, and Tello will likely join the first team.

My prediction. wink.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 8:13am On May 05, 2012
Should Alves decide to leave we have Montoya . The guy is cool on the ball , strong defensively and very calm though we will miss the attacking and twin-like pairing between messi and alves .Anyway we really need to get a defender .David Luiz is a NO ! he tends to lose his head when dribbled and he has no CB positioning .Vertonghen would be a good buy or that Batra guy ..he is calm on the ball and . We don't need any forward signings IMO , the combo of /Cuenca/Alexis/villa -Messi -Pedro/tello is Okay . Keita should be offloaded , i see this happening very soon because Pep is leaving and he(pep) seems to like Keita very much , Javi Martinez should be bought .Anyway the boards and president knows best ..Forza Barca !
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:14pm On May 05, 2012
^^
I actually find it very unlikely that a player like Javi Martinez, who has been very crucial for Athletic this season, would be sold.
Neither Llorente, who might get a shot at the Spain number 9 for Euros, if Villa remains the way he is.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:53pm On May 05, 2012
Mcleo007: Summer Wishlist:
DEF: Hummels or Vertonghen.
I prefer Vertonghen simply because he can also play
as a left-back. Should Vilanova decide to perfect the
3-4-3 system Vertonghen will be the key man.

Picture this; best comment from guardian-
Madrids league title this year is
like the analogy of a monkey
hitting keys at random and
eventually creating a
Shakespeare text.

best analogy?
only a monkey will think of this talkless of writing it.

now go ask your monkey journalist what analogy he has for barcelona loosing the league.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:24pm On May 05, 2012
Messi is now on 70 goals. Highest ever in the top flight.
Add that to Valdes' obvious Zamora, plus the possibility of 4 cups, and it wasn't such a bad season after all.

In Madrid, it's looking like only Jose Mourinho has won anything this year - his much-coveted Spanish title grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:34pm On May 05, 2012
Messi is now FIVE SIX goals ahead on the Pichichi. Second successive hat-trick. 49 goals, and likely to break the 50-goal barrier in Spain.
Twale for this man, e joo.

-14 goals in the UCL, still top scorer, despite being out.
-70 goals in a single season.
-49 goals in La Liga.

That Ballon D'Or does not look like it is leaving Catalunya any time soon grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:40pm On May 05, 2012
Now that we have lost the league, referees in Spain have started to give us dodgy penalties. They think this will make is forget all the genuine penalties they didn't give us when it mattered?

Meanwhile why does every handball in La Liga warrant a yellow card? This is the most absurd feature of La liga refereeing this season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:45pm On May 05, 2012
Messiah keeps smashing the records. He is a truly outstanding player. Simply special.

But one of these days I'll like to see him give up a penalty kick to Mascherano for a chance to score his first Barcelona goal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:50pm On May 05, 2012
Stealthy: Now that we have lost the league, referees in Spain have started to give us dodgy penalties. They think this will make is forget all the genuine penalties they didn't give us when it mattered?

Meanwhile why does every handball in La Liga warrant a yellow card? This is the most absurd feature of La liga refereeing this season.

Well . . . I would not call them dodgy penalties. Rules is rules. A foul in the box, a handball in the box . . . they are penalties.
The dodgy penalties came in the Champions League. One in particular, against Milan.

Make that five goals. Ronaldo managed to pull one penalty back against Granada, a team that did so well against Madrid in 80 minutes, and proceeded to shoot themselves in the head undecided. Our own Odion Ighalo gave a good account of himself though.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 10:14pm On May 05, 2012
AjanleKoko: Messi is now FIVE SIX goals ahead on the Pichichi. Second successive hat-trick. 49 goals, and likely to break the 50-goal barrier in Spain.
Twale for this man, e joo.

-14 goals in the UCL, still top scorer, despite being out.
-70 goals in a single season.
-49 goals in La Liga.

That Ballon D'Or does not look like it is leaving Catalunya any time soon grin
i will remind you when its displayed in madrid by cris.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:15pm On May 05, 2012
usbcable:

Dare to dream, uncle grin
When your man did his own last year, he broke Spain's record. This year, Messi has scattered a host of European records. By the time he starts with the European Golden Shoe, then wins his second European player of the season, your man's eye will clear.

Even the national team captains and coaches, who will do the voting, will slap you for what you just typed tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:17pm On May 05, 2012
usbcable:

Are you related to Jonathan? grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:18pm On May 05, 2012
honeric01:

Are you related to Jonathan? grin

Maybe Cris is planning to poke Leo in the eye at the award ceremony, and run off with the trophy.
I wouldn't put it past him shagrin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:33pm On May 05, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Maybe Cris is planning to poke Leo in the eye at the award ceremony, and run off with the trophy.
I wouldn't put it past him shagrin

Anything madrid is a suspect grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 10:51pm On May 05, 2012
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:14pm On May 05, 2012
New record; 50 liga goals! Omo mehn...

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (6195) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto, stephennel(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.