Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,946 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:34 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (793) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4668926 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 1:07pm On May 13, 2015
honeric01:

The man needed to tweak the team to his taste which he finally did even though noise makers wouldnt let him be.

they complained that he moved Messi to the left rather than give him free role.. today he still did what he was criticized to be doing and we can all see.

where in the team does he not tweak? apart from the forward line he has always maintained even during the early days, the other parts have always been tweaked.

So its not your noises that made him become a great coach overnight, rather it made him sustain his philosophy while hastening the result.

I wonder where you bring out some of this statements! undecided
did Suarez not start playing as a winger? was it not after much criticism that he was moved to the center

I don't even understand you anymore! are you trying to say Lucho was not under any pressure during that period? undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 1:14pm On May 13, 2015

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 1:17pm On May 13, 2015
honeric01:

Now, some are even trying to exclude him from the successes the team is enjoying..

irritating!

Can you show me a post where anybody implied this? or keep your irritating self-pleasing lies to yourself!

i miss the old era where issues are discussed deeply and reasonably.. not this era of he did this, he did that, hes a mole bla bla bla
yea... not this era of been pessimistic of beating another team even when their key players are injured just like you were doing!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 1:22pm On May 13, 2015
I must give kudos to Pep for a great job done last night. He really showed he's a great coach(despite the conspiracy theories here and there).

Where are now on course for another breathtaking trophy season which will be a repeat of Pep's 1st era. But the only difference between the two era is the way and manner at which we win our games now. Pep era had a lot of encounters with Jose Mou 's teams which brought about so many different names such as Uefalona, fifalona, uniceflona etc (conspiracy theories everywhere). Now those names are gone maybe because we don't have to play Mou and therefore we don't have any issues with the EPL fans.
We are now enjoying our victories without any names attached thanks to Lucho for his ability to groom the team and make it injury free when it matters most.
Some tend to discredit him at any slight chance, but we must admit he will surely rank among the best coaches ever should he see the team trough the treble process. We all castigated him when things were not going well and must as well praise him now that things are going well with the team. He's a great coach!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 1:30pm On May 13, 2015
Chanchit:
. Bro, no body fit tell me say Barca no fix this match, apart from substituting Suarez, Messi was moved to top 9 where he was almost invisible and Barca played with no urgency. Someone somewhere is trying to do Pep a favour.

Some people dont seem to read games well. Bro kindly go and re-watch the match. After the 1st half, try to observe what Pep was whispering to Messi. You are absolutely spot on with your statement.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 13, 2015
honeric01:

Thats the simple thing..

Some here hate him for no just reason, if you read their comments sometimes, you'd want to vomit..

Now, some are even trying to exclude him from the successes the team is enjoying..

irritating!

During pep's time, people praised him for keeping the team almost fit all through the season, the same fit is being done by Lucho, yet only few has made mentioned of this. before now, we were hit with injuries mismanagement, but now it seems all the players have some healing powers in them.. no one is mentioning what Lucho and his team are doing to achieve this.

i sometimes prefer to just zoom through the thread, shake my head at rants and petty talks, then zoom off.

i miss the old era where issues are discussed deeply and reasonably.. not this era of he did this, he did that, hes a mole bla bla bla
It's easy to support a winning team or coach, as the case may be. But true test comes when things suddenly, are not going as planned.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 2:50pm On May 13, 2015
Johnpaul88:
It's easy to support a winning team or coach, as the case may be. But true test comes when things suddenly, are not going as planned.

Na so we see am o.. some think its by posting everyday whether it makes sense or not is what makes them a fan!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 2:51pm On May 13, 2015
homesteady:

Can you show me a post where anybody implied this? or keep your irritating self-pleasing lies to yourself!

yea... not this era of been pessimistic of beating another team even when their key players are injured just like you were doing!

I should show you? what kind of silly question is this? i should show you what multiple members posted days, weeks or months ago about the coach?

These are the kinds of comments i find so petty. embarassed

I was not saying we wouldn't win, i cautioned the "i will beat them badly" comments some were making. or are you saying i said we wouldn't win? . i was against over-confidence!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 2:54pm On May 13, 2015
homesteady:

I wonder where you bring out some of this statements! undecided
did Suarez not start playing as a winger? was it not after much criticism that he was moved to the center

I don't even understand you anymore! are you trying to say Lucho was not under any pressure during that period? undecided

Few words:

Go back and watch the highlights of yesterday's match, watch how both goals were scored. watch what happened between Messi, Suarez and Neymar before the goals (FH), then tell me what happened and the roles the three played.

I no too like endless nothing..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 3:00pm On May 13, 2015
homesteady:

Isn't it obvious? can't you see?
If you have little tactical knowledge, you would have known that We play entirely different from all those rubbish we were playing during the 1st half!

grin grin grin, see someone talking about tactical knowledge, too bad i do not have much time to dig..

Like i said, kindly analyze the 2 goals we scored yesterday, the angle the 3 players operated from during the match and also during goal scoring period.

Our last 3 matches, kindly watch the highlights, maybe you can learn something about interchanging frontlines especially between Messi and Suarez.

One more thing, maybe you'd be lucky to spot the 4:2:2:1:2, 4:1:2:2:1 we changed to and also 4:1:2:1:2.. let me give you the benefit of doubt that you're going to see this.. i am waiting....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 3:03pm On May 13, 2015
Eruditor:

What attributes?

Does he react to the opposing manager's on-the-spot tactics better now?

Do we defend setpieces better?

Do we score more from setpieces than ever?

We defend more from set piece than before, if you don't see this, then there is a problem somewhere.

We concede less arm ball in the are, we concede less PK in the area, we now press higher and deeper, the midfield has learnt how to cover up than before, the front line know understands eachother better, they are now fitter and sharper e.t.c

I can't help you see what you don't want to see. if you feel these aren't true, then what more can i say?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 13, 2015
Congratulations for our making it to the Final. It's being a huge success so far, though NO cups are worn. There's NO denying the fact we shall win a few trophies.

Last night was great at Munich. We eliminated those who did the same to us just two years ago.

Just this afternoon, as I was pondering on our season, I aasked the question. What's responsible for our success? What factors can we say are largely responsible for our successful season? We weren't like this last season.

In your opinion, what factors contributed to this great season?

Cc All Cules.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 3:38pm On May 13, 2015
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Below lies the biggest answer to the question above me: MSN is now mature and bearing big ripe fruit cheesy

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 4:29pm On May 13, 2015
dearpreye:
Congratulations for our making it to the Final. It's being a huge success so far, though NO cups are worn. There's NO denying the fact we shall win a few trophies.

Last night was great at Munich. We eliminated those who did the same to us just two years ago.

Just this afternoon, as I was pondering on our season, I aasked the question. What's responsible for our success? What factors can we say are largely responsible for our successful season? We weren't like this last season.

Cc All Cules.
In my opinion:

1. The rotation policy of the coach has helped to keep the team fresh and less injury-prone. Although every player wants to play every game but as it is now, there's no player that wouldn't be impressed with how far we've come this season with a possible treble edging closer.

2. MSN have also been key as they've come to understand themselves better. On a normal day, they're three quality individual players but their combination, teamwork and selflessness towards each other is proving to become a great weapon against opponents.

3. The upgrade of Cesc Fabregas, Ivan Rakitic. He brings physicality to the midfield and he also has the quality to make the final pass just as we saw for Messi's second goal in the 1st leg of the semi-finals against Bayern.

4. The defense have also been key as we've shipped out fewer goals in our last six or seven matches bar the 2nd leg against Bayern. Pique is in form coupled with El Jefecito and jordi Alba.

5. Luis Enrique's direct approach. No much talk on this one. We now play a mix-up of tiki-taka and counter-attacking football. This has made us somewhat unpredictable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 13, 2015
mcdreeezy:
In my opinion:

1. The rotation policy of the coach has helped to keep the team fresh and less injury-prone. Although every player wants to play every game but as it is now, there's no player that wouldn't be impressed with how far we've come this season with a possible treble edging closer.

2. MSN have also been key as they've come to understand themselves better. On a normal day, they're three quality individual players but their combination, teamwork and selflessness towards each other is proving to become a great weapon against opponents.

3. The upgrade of Cesc Fabregas, Ivan Rakitic. He brings physicality to the midfield and he also has the quality to make the final pass just as we saw for Messi's second goal in the 1st leg of the semi-finals against Bayern.

4. The defense have also been key as we've shipped out fewer goals in our last six or seven matches bar the 2nd leg against Bayern. Pique is in form coupled with El Jefecito and jordi Alba.

5. Luis Enrique's direct approach. No much talk on this one. We now play a mix-up of tiki-taka and counter-attacking football. This has made us somewhat unpredictable.

Brilliantly captured. I'm particularly obsessed with point 3. Ivan Rakitic. He's a huge improvement on the lazy Fabregas. He's brought a lot of physicality to our midfield. He's also more of a box-to-box midfielder. I also think he's largely responsible for point 5. We have become more direct because of Ivan Rakitic.

Every other point is valid. It's hope we win another treble to cap what's been a fantastic season.

Thank you for your contribution.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 4:54pm On May 13, 2015
honeric01:

We defend more from set piece than before, if you don't see this, then there is a problem somewhere.

We concede less arm ball in the are, we concede less PK in the area, we now press higher and deeper, the midfield has learnt how to cover up than before, the front line know understands eachother better, they are now fitter and sharper e.t.c

I can't help you see what you don't want to see. if you feel these aren't true, then what more can i say?

You missed my point. Lucho started out trying to fix these things (the emboldened) you are talking about and off late (apart from yesterday) we have seen the necessary improvements so that's not what we complained about.

He rotated the team endlessly and few times without need (especially the front 3). He was slow to react when other manager's changed their tactics and sometimes it worked against us. Yesterday and Sevilla come to mind.

He played Suarez on the right and the midfielders never tracked his run on many occasions or they simply went for the more conservative and safe pass. Remember when people wanted Daniel Alves gone by all means because of his failed crosses and putrid performances? He got his defensive pairings wrong in the group stage game against PSG. He changed from all these to the mix of counter-attacking and tiki-taka which we now enjoy and with a more predictable line-up. Not the early days when the Barcelona B grads like Rafihna and co were starting important matches.

The keyword is that he changed.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 5:00pm On May 13, 2015
dearpreye:

Brilliantly captured. I'm particularly obsessed with point 3. Ivan Rakitic. He's a huge improvement on the lazy Fabregas. He's brought a lot of physicality to our midfield. He's also more of a box-to-box midfielder. I also think he's largely responsible for point 5. We have become more direct because of Ivan Rakitic.

Every other point is valid. It's hope we win another treble to cap what's been a fantastic season.

In fairness to Fabregas we rarely deployed him in the role Rakitic currently plays. For the most part Fabregas played as a false 9 in some matches and an 11 for the most of the remainder of the other times. I saw a comment attributed to Bourinho where he said Barca didn't use Fabregas well. Same way with Ibra and maybe Alexis Sanchez.

Doesn't matter now. The results don't lie.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2015
Eruditor:

You missed my point. Lucho started out trying to fix these things (the emboldened) you are talking about and off late (apart from yesterday) we have seen the necessary improvements so that's not what we complained about.

He rotated the team endlessly and few times without need (especially the front 3). He was slow to react when other manager's changed their tactics and sometimes it worked against us. Yesterday and Sevilla come to mind.

He played Suarez on the right and the midfielders never tracked his run on many occasions or they simply went for the more conservative and safe pass. Remember when people wanted Daniel Alves gone by all means because of his failed crosses and putrid performances? He got his defensive pairings wrong in the group stage game against PSG. He changed from all these to the mix of counter-attacking and tiki-taka which we now enjoy and with a more predictable line-up. Not the early days when the Barcelona B grads like Rafihna and co were starting important matches.

The keyword is that he changed.

Suarez still plays on the right side, even yesterday he did when the formation changed, you need to look closely to see this.

that first goal should give you a better understanding.

on paper, hes seen as the CF, but when they play, he swaps position with Messi countless times..

When Messi drives in from the right to the middle, he immediately switches from middle to right.

what they had then was "gelling issues", now that they are through with gelling, you hardly see the "errors" you pointed out. tiny things changed!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 5:21pm On May 13, 2015
dearpreye:
Congratulations for our making it to the Final. It's being a huge success so far, though NO cups are
Just as the first response to your post pointed out; the major factor is the attack trident. Last time we had a free-scoring trident like this, we won a treble (sextuple).

Let me also add that Guardiola was responsible for never achieving his highest success simply because he disbanded the trident that worked the most; and couldn't put another together (simply because he was trying too much to bring in boys from La Masia).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 5:23pm On May 13, 2015
honeric01:

Suarez still plays on the right side, even yesterday he did when the formation changed, you need to look closely to see this.

that first goal should give you a better understanding.

on paper, hes seen as the CF, but when they play, he swaps position with Messi countless times..

When Messi drives in from the right to the middle, he immediately switches from middle to right.

what they had then was "gelling issues", now that they are through with gelling, you hardly see the "errors" you pointed out. tiny things changed!

Whenever Messi drops deep it always appears like Suarez is on the right but he is not- not anymore. He is now the registered CF. You don't expect a mobile team like Barca to have static players, that's why it appears like Suarez plays on the right. To check if your assertion is right watch the RM game at Santiago and the replay at Nou Camp. Suarez was the one tracking back to assist Alves to mark but in the reverse fixture and even yesterday, Messi was the one doing that.

And when you talk about little errors you need to realise that Barca since 2008 have only always had "little errors". Remember we had equal points with the La Liga champions last season and we lost by the odd goal in the CDR final. That was nearly a double cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 13, 2015
logica:
Just as the first response your post pointed out; the major factor is the attack trident. Last time we had a free-scoring trident like this, we won a treble (sextuple).

I agree. ...but there's more than just the trident!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 5:32pm On May 13, 2015
dearpreye:

I agree. ...but there's more than just the trident!
What else? Matter of fact, in Guardiola's first season, Barca had a much stronger defense - Puyol, Abidal and an eager Pique + Yaya who also fitted in the mid-field.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 5:32pm On May 13, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Really? Humour me more!
Enrique was always in charge even when some glory hunters here and indeed the majority of the media, branded him a mediocre coach because he was trying out a few things when it was still safe to experiment. He knew when he must get everything together and boy, did he get everything together! He even admitted he doesn't read the papers anymore because his wife advised against it on health reasons. I'm so delighted he has made some glory hunters and pointless critics here and in goal.com, to eat the humble pie. Most are just waiting for the slightest mistake to pounce but his cheer courage and will power has silenced them all.

By your position here, you make we fans and pundits who criticise the coach aPpear as "haters" and "unreasonable". We're all passionate About the club and can express that passion in whatever sane way possible. Everybody can't sing praises of the coach every so often, hence, he begins to see himself as a god. This is sports, not science.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 5:34pm On May 13, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, you're welcome wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 5:44pm On May 13, 2015
logica:
What else? Matter of fact, in Guardiola's first season, Barca had a much stronger defense - Puyol, Abidal and an eager Pique + Yaya who also fitted in the mid-field.
The coach!!!
Lucho too plays a major role in the success so far. His ability to keep the players fit, manage the dress room and keep the stars happy is a major key. Imagine Messi willingly playing away from the CF to accommodate Suarez, Xavi taking up a role from the bench without any issue, that must be a good job by the coach. The boys are happy, motivated and as such ready to give everything to the coach.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 5:49pm On May 13, 2015
sebod:

Imagine Messi willing playing away from the CF to accommodate Suarez.
You guys are funny. What position was Messi playing at the beginning of his career with Barca? This same position has been Messi's position ever since; until Pep saw a weakness in the Real Madrid set up. That was the first time Messi ever played from the center (according to the instructions Pep gave, he was to start from the wing as usual then shift to the center). This tactic worked so well, Barca beat Real Madrid 6-2 right in the Bernabeu. Ever since then, that tactic had been used and it worked for a while. So what you are seeing is simply status quo. Besides, neither Messi nor any Barca player is ever fixed as a false 9. At any point in a match, various people play the role: Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Pique, even Dani Alves!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 5:49pm On May 13, 2015
Eruditor:

Whenever Messi drops deep it always appears like Suarez is on the right but he is not- not anymore. He is now the registered CF. You don't expect a mobile team like Barca to have static players, that's why it appears like Suarez plays on the right. To check if your assertion is right watch the RM game at Santiago and the replay at Nou Camp. Suarez was the one tracking back to assist Alves to mark but in the reverse fixture and even yesterday, Messi was the one doing that.

And when you talk about little errors you need to realise that Barca since 2008 have only always had "little errors". Remember we had equal points with the La Liga champions last season and we lost by the odd goal in the CDR final. That was nearly a double cheesy

We had equal error last season yet we didn't get to the finals? 4points ahead of the La liga and in the cup final? you mean last season and the season are the same?

Like i said on the frontline, the only changes i see remain the gelling that finally came, there is nothing new at the front that hasn't been tried before. the gelling was what was lacking, hence the misunderstanding between the midfielders and the forward line.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 5:52pm On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

He's an average coach because he substituted Suarez who had a slight injury? Go sleep

You certainly didn't see through my points.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 13, 2015
sebod:

The coach!!!
Lucho too plays a major role in the success so far. His ability to keep the players fit, manage the dress room and keep the stars happy is a major key. Imagine Messi willingly playing away from the CF to accommodate Suarez, Xavi taking up a role from the bench without any issue, that must be a good job by the coach. The boys are happy, motivated and as such ready to give everything to the coach.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 6:05pm On May 13, 2015
honeric01:

We had equal error last season yet we didn't get to the finals? 4points ahead of the La liga and in the cup final? you mean last season and the season are the same?

Like i said on the frontline, the only changes i see remain the gelling that finally came, there is nothing new at the front that hasn't been tried before. the gelling was what was lacking, hence the misunderstanding between the midfielders and the forward line.

I am showing that the difference between last season and this season is so little, we could have easily done the double last year.

In other words, those things like gelling, playing this player in this position, reducing rotation that you call "little errors" is the difference between our nearly season and this epoch-making one.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 6:17pm On May 13, 2015
logica:
You guys are funny. What position was Messi playing at the beginning of his career with Barca? This same position has been Messi's position ever since; until Pep saw a weakness in the Real Madrid set up. That was the first time Messi ever played from the center (according to the instructions Pep gave, he was to start from the wing as usual then shift to the center). This tactic worked so well, Barca beat Real Madrid 6-2 right in the Bernabeu. Ever since then, that tactic had been used and it worked for a while. So what you are seeing is simply status quo. Besides, neither Messi nor any Barca player is ever fixed as a false 9. At any point in a match, various people play the role: Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Pique, even Dani Alves!
I am not sure you got my point sir. Ever since Messi started playing as CF (false 9), he had been playing fine and scored lots of goals. Can you remember the major issue Ibrahimovic had with Pep? Can you remember Tata also tried at a point to play Messi wide which did not work out well? My point? Suarez is able to settle well in the team because of Messi,s willingness to shift. And that's down to his good heart and the work of the coach. So my praise goes to the coach for being able to manage the players well without any dressing room issues.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 6:33pm On May 13, 2015
sebod:

I am not sure you got my point sir. Ever since Messi started playing as CF (false 9), he had been playing fine and scored lots of goals. Can you remember the major issue Ibrahimovic had with Pep? Can you remember Tata also tried at a point to play Messi wide which did not work out well? My point? Suarez is able to settle well in the team because of Messi,s willingness to shift. And that's down to his good heart and the work of the coach. So my praise goes to the coach for being able to manage the players well without any dressing room issues.
And you don't have a grasp of Barca tactics. As I mentioned earlier, no single player plays False 9. The problem with Ibrahimovic was he was too rigid as a traditional 9; the problem we never had with Eto'o. Tata's problem was his stubbornness in sticking to tactics that had failed; same issue that almost undid Enrique.

I think you are still stuck on that fable by Ibrahimovic that Messi displaced him from his role as a 9. When Eto'o was instructed to swap positions with Messi, he knew it was a tactic; Ibrahimovic saw it differently. Messi was never unwilling to play as instructed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.