Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4589067 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2012
www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/agreement-with-arsenal-for-song

We have concluded with the transfer of Alex Song from Arsenal. He costs €19M and will sign for 5 years.
I am glad he finally came. He's young and will add something new for us . He's welcome to the biggest club in europe
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2012
Alex song has been signed by us for £15m. Now that's a good buy.

We can now use Masch as a full time CB.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2012
www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/agreement-with-arsenal-for-song

We have concluded with the transfer of Alex Song from Arsenal. He costs €19M and will sign for 5 years.
I am glad he finally came. He's young and will add something new for us . He's welcome to the best club in europe
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2012
usbcable: EKU ILE
SHE ALAFIA LE WA NIBI YI.

eyin eyan yi eda ju sha etun fegba Orin(Songi) lowo clubu onibon ni.

e jowo e sha nu fun baba to di owo ni north-london yen jare.

Alhaji,
How pickin jare.
Even me sef i tire. That club is acting like our feeder club. Help me give them Sahin, so they don't feel bad grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2012
Done deal. Song becomes a Blaugrana in the coming days. And for those saying the lad won't get play time, I can bet the joke is on them. Xavi is coming of age now and won't be readily available as other seasons. His role would be occupied by Busi so that Song can take up the holding midfield role(something of a change for the team), while Masch becomes the natural successor to Puyi...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2012
Johnpaul88: And what on God's name is this now. I hope no one is coming here to curse we honourable barcelona fans. Pls take notice that this thread is not for illiterates. We're all learned and will like to read in english only. Everybody has their local language.

@JP,
my comments are not meant to be cynical.
however, its a free world as at the last time i checked.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Alhaji,
How pickin jare.
Even me sef i tire. That club is acting like our feeder club. Help me give them Sahin, so they don't feel bad grin

he is fine sir.

I fee really sorry for them. i wish they will be able to shake off the tag of being a feeder club to other clubs.
but i see this as nemesis catching up with Wenger. he used to reward players that have thirty and above with one year renewal contracts.
the young gunners are now wiser.
why wait till thirty and be treated with one year contracts? they simply wised up and sought greener pastures while its still possible. thus making Arsenal a stepping stone to greater heights.

as for sahin, make i no lie, i wouldnt mind him joining up with them but at the same time want him to stay and make a claim to being a RM player.

off topic,

hows the Iberian regions
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:56am On Aug 19, 2012
Song is all in. Song Billongs to us now. Good signing. The price is just right. He will bring something different to what we already have - aggression, directness - and he's also a fine passer.
Yeah, I've heard people complain about his tactical naivety and positional indiscipline but IMO, it's all down to Wenger's laissez-faire approach. At Arsenal, they play a rotating midfield where players take turns to assume midfield roles so Song who is supposed to be the DM is sometimes the farthest forward of all midfielders. He'd fit in just fine and he has Cesc to help him with the integration.

Anyways, I guess this is bye bye JDS.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 19, 2012
usbcable:

@JP,
my comments are not meant to be cynical.
however, its a free world as at the last time i checked.
alright.
Hope ur kid's fine...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 11:22am On Aug 19, 2012
Welcome song , hope he fits in well and who said Busquet will assume the role of Xavi in the coming future ? Sergio pretending busquet ? shocked shocked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2012
sweetguy10: Welcome song , hope he fits in well and who said Busquet will assume the role of Xavi in the coming future ? Sergio pretending busquet ? shocked shocked

Busquet is an excellent passer of the ball.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2012
honeric01:

Busquet is an excellent passer of the ball.

the best one touch passer of the ball in the whole planet!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2012
coogar:

Bravo..

We are showing soceidad what football is all about.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2012
Lamborghini Mercy Messi
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2012
sweetguy10: Welcome song , hope he fits in well and who said Busquet will assume the role of Xavi in the coming future ? Sergio pretending busquet ? shocked shocked

Yes, I said so?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2012
HT: FCB 4 - 1 RSO
brillant things happening here! Tello looked very sharp, with two assists already
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:09pm On Aug 19, 2012
coogar:

Not in this game, not by a long shot. He's been awful.

Masch + Puyi in a 3-4-3 looks to me like a recipe for conceding soft goals.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
FT: FCB 5 - 1 RSO.

Thrashing for Sociedad!
Villa made it 5 on his first competitive game after 8 months. So happy for him!
MVP is back and they all scored for the first time together since UCL final with Manchester united. I hope this is going to be a fantastic season for us! I'm excited already...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2012
Good season opener. Congrats especially to El Guaje for making a goalscoring return to La Liga.
The Masch + Puyol combination is not going to fly this season. Especially if Alves and whoever plays on the right of midfield (Fabregas initially) is not going to peg back the runners on the left flank.

Fabregas was quite poor in this game. Same for Busquets, lots of misplaced passes, very hesitant in breaking up play. Tello was quite surprising, got behind the fellow at right back quite easily, and notched up two assists. He can only get better.

Looking forward to the first Clasico on Thursday wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2012
It's like Tito forced Tello to write 300 pages of "I will use my head". No headless chicken runs today. He played great.

Great to see Villa back and getting amongst the goals.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2012
Defensively we are still poor,we were caught off balance everytime Sociedad came at us.Alba has not added anything diffrent to our defence.i Wish Tito could put pressure on Sandro to land a CB.i am happy MVP are back and i do hope they keep scoring to relief Messi of unnecessery pressure.all in all, it was a good game.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by fredoooooo: 10:26pm On Aug 19, 2012
messi don start again , doubles in opener , wahala dey , hope he's not going to double what the goals he scored last season , watching barca is like watching computer game grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:49pm On Aug 19, 2012
medjai: It's like Tito forced Tello to write 300 pages of "I will use my head". No headless chicken runs today. He played great.

Great to see Villa back and getting amongst the goals.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 20, 2012
Madrid were held to a frustrating home draw with Valencia yesterday. That's nice for us but we shouldn't care about their performance. We should rather concentrate on our own game and see where that can get us. I saw hunger and eagerness in our team yesterday that i hadn't seen in a long time. Hopefully, if they can stay fit we can reconquer Spain and Europe. That's that about all.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 9:01am On Aug 20, 2012
My opinion;---5tings i learned from yesterdays match agains R.sociedad;;;

1.Messi is d best,and he will help us a lot this season just like previous season

2.Alba is a great signing,but that doesnt change our defensive problems.

3.Barcelona is trying to play more with width,that will definetly help us,with the kind of hunger we showed 2day!.

4.If Tello continues this way,he will be great,we have wingers that can definetly cause any defence problems..and with villa back and shooting,pedro back to form,sanchez strong and fit...and all avoiding injury,we will have our trophy back!

5.we need to improve our defense! Alves needs to run more!

Now we wait for the first big test;-El classico thursday live

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2012
We have friendlies today??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2012
eyoniggar: We have friendlies today??

Gamper Trophy, against Sampdoria.

Yahoo1: My opinion;---5tings i learned from yesterdays match agains R.sociedad;;;

1.Messi is d best,and he will help us a lot this season just like previous season

2.Alba is a great signing,but that doesnt change our defensive problems.

3.Barcelona is trying to play more with width,that will definetly help us,with the kind of hunger we showed 2day!.

4.If Tello continues this way,he will be great,we have wingers that can definetly cause any defence problems..and with villa back and shooting,pedro back to form,sanchez strong and fit...and all avoiding injury,we will have our trophy back!

5.we need to improve our defense! Alves needs to run more!

Alves needs to run more?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 11:24am On Aug 20, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Gamper Trophy, against Sampdoria.

Alves needs to run more?
i love the way we have great full backs that can attack like crazy,yes! Alves is a beast...but r.sociedads equalizer was because of the gap he left behind!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:40am On Aug 20, 2012
Yahoo1: i love the way we have great full backs that can attack like crazy,yes! Alves is a beast...but r.sociedads equalizer was because of the gap he left behind!

The gap is a tactical plan which turned out to be a tactical error leading to Sociedad's equalizer.

They started the game in a 3-4-3, with Alves as an extra midfielder. Look at the way he pushed up very early in the game. In the second minute, he was Barca's most advanced player, and nearly got on the scoresheet. Himself and Pedro were expected (likely) to pick up runners on that flank, pegging back any left-sided player.

The equalizer was a result of a through ball between the two center backs, squared across to a runner (Castro) coming on from the flank. Alves seemed to be running through the middle, coming inside to help out the center backs (Busquets's job), and as a result he wasn't there to pick Castro up. The consequence was, Castro had only Valdes at his mercy.

I'm not sure we can play the 3-4-3 with both wingbacks trying to stretch the play. If we really want to utilize width, why not play the 4-3-3? One of the men in the middle can cover the flanks, and Busquets can cover the middle, whenever the fullbacks are in space.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ajanlekoko

Good points in ur post on transfers were u trying to beat my word count lol?!

Good start to the season. I don't recall any other season starting with a manita!

I like the fact that the team looks more direct, passing forward more than sideways, until we went 3-1 up when the guys started to take things easier, understandably.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2012
AjanleKoko:

The gap is a tactical plan which turned out to be a tactical error leading to Sociedad's equalizer.

They started the game in a 3-4-3, with Alves as an extra midfielder. Look at the way he pushed up very early in the game. In the second minute, he was Barca's most advanced player, and nearly got on the scoresheet. Himself and Pedro were expected (likely) to pick up runners on that flank, pegging back any left-sided player.

The equalizer was a result of a through ball between the two center backs, squared across to a runner (Castro) coming on from the flank. Alves seemed to be running through the middle, coming inside to help out the center backs (Busquets's job), and as a result he wasn't there to pick Castro up. As a result, he had only Valdes at his mercy.

I'm not sure we can play the 3-4-3 with both wingbacks trying to stretch the play. If we really want to utilize width, why not play the 4-3-3? One of the men in the middle can cover the flanks, and Busquets can cover the middle, whenever the fullbacks are in space.
.i have always seen that 3-4-3 as very risky for us,but if we really get used to it,and every player gets to know what they should do,then i think it will work,but right now i agree with you! If you think alves needs a shave,thumbs up! Lol.....though he was clifford with that beard!.....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2012
Stealthy: Ajanlekoko

Good points in ur post on transfers were u trying to beat my word count lol?!

Good start to the season. I don't recall any other season starting with a manita!

I like the fact that the team looks more direct, passing forward more than sideways, until we went 3-1 up when the guys started to take things easier, understandably.

LOL.
We started last season with a 5-0 against the Yellow Submarine. wink

@Topic, on Song:

Check out this article on Song, from Carlo Garganese of Goal.com.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Awesome01(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.