Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4590202 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2012
Yahoo1 (odd miniker I have to say)...I agree that Alves needs to shave smiley

I also don't like the 3-4-3. Its too risky unless you play 3 CBs. But more important, the players always look confused and don't always appear to know which position they should be playing in. This lack of rythn is what I hate most about 3-4-3.

On to our purchase of Song: I'm still surprised that the club spends so much on a sub. I don't agree that prices go up simply because Barca is interested. The prices are up because our scouts always go for established stars in big clubs. Look at how much Real Madrid, Mab U have paid for players lately (Sahin, Chicharito, Podolski, etc) and you see that clubs have generally seen Barca as mugus since the Ibra deal and they know Barca will go to any length to get a player it wants.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2012
Stealthy: Yahoo1 (odd miniker I have to say)...I agree that Alves needs to shave smiley

I also don't like the 3-4-3. Its too risky unless you play 3 CBs. But more important, the players always look confused and don't always appear to know which position they should be playing in. This lack of rythn is what I hate most about 3-4-3.

On to our purchase of Song: I'm still surprised that the club spends so much on a sub. I don't agree that prices go up simply because Barca is interested. The prices are up because our scouts always go for established stars in big clubs. Look at how much Real Madrid, Mab U have paid for players lately (Sahin, Chicharito, Podolski, etc) and you see that clubs have generally seen Barca as mugus since the Ibra deal and they know Barca will go to any length to get a player it wants.

On the chalkboard, it looks simple. If any team can play 3-4-3, Barca can. It's just a matter of tactical discipline. In my view, Busquets and Cesc were the number one culprits yesterday. Cesc was simply anarchic, and Busquets seemed to not have his head in place for the game.

Busquets always getting caught out of position meant Puyi could not afford to cover the right flank, and had to stay in the center. Alves was always going to push further up, so I would not blame him. In fact, we were a bit lucky to concede only one goal. We conceded a couple of crosses pulled behind the back line, that were simply missed by the most advanced Sociedad players. A Higuain or Ronaldo would bury those easily.

And on Song: You have a point. Maybe the problem is the type of players we buy. Anybody coming from the EPL would always be expensive. How much do you think Liverpool would sell Jordan Henderson, a practically useless player, to any club? Look how much City have signed Jack Rodwell, another untested quantity.
Maybe we should look in the direction of Mexico and South America, and get some talent in. Though we have done some good business in Barca B, which are probably expected to come into the first team in a year or two. Let's pray and hope Song turns out useful. I think we needed a buy in that mold anyways.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2012
Stealthy: Yahoo1 (odd miniker I have to say)...I agree that Alves needs to shave smiley

..i agree, no one knows what vilanova is planning though. I like song,he is notdisciplined tactically,but in Barca he will have to change that part of his game! I dont know,but Barca always goes 4 d big guns just like you said,i think if we have gone for herrera of mexico that would have been much better! I noticed in our match yesterday that xavi and fabregas looked good together! When is thiago coming back from injury? Any idea?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2012
AjanleKoko:

LOL.
We started last season with a 5-0 against the Yellow Submarine. wink

@Topic, on Song:

Check out this article on Song, from Carlo Garganese of Goal.com.
seen that...carlo is an ass,the way he was saying all those stuffs it sounded more like he hated song.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2012
^^
More likely a closet Arsenal fan.

Gamper trophy ongoing. Sampdoria leading by a goal. Not a bad display so far by the boys, just lacking in organization as expected.
Deulofeu should be in the first team next year; he's really good. JDS might actually be a better prospect than Montoya at right back. Montoya actually scares me with the way he's playing embarassed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2012
Eyoniggar, so u don wed ehn? You no come invite us make we sing the Barca anthem for there?! cheesy

Congrats man. How is the madam? Hope she's a barca fan too lol!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
Both Fontas and Montoya have been horrible.
Batra hasn't been bad.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2012
AjanleKoko:

LOL.
We started last season with a 5-0 against the Yellow Submarine. wink

@Topic, on Song:

Check out this article on Song, from Carlo Garganese of Goal.com.

That article is garbage! Wonder y goal.com would ever publish such a stale on its website.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2012
The article turned my stomach! I have never seen an article as unprofessional as that. Carol or whoever wrote that displayed a vicious, spiteful, angry hatred, towards the person of Song . That's about the worst article i have read.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ShehuAba(m): 11:33am On Aug 21, 2012
I read the article too from carol. And i was so disappointed, To me think he was so biased and realy displayed his hatred towards Song. All in all, Song welcome to FC Barcelona.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 12:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
The carlo is Italian..i heard italians are full of racists,just like what gattuso and totti did to balotteli....! Anyway i agree G.D shuld be promoted!..am still waiting in anticipation for the thursday super copa! Thats T.V s first real test! Mes que en club
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
Carlo Garganese is an anglophobic, calcio - loving dolt. He hates anything English and modern football.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
Deulofeu's hat-trick over the weekend for Barca B. First match of the season. Barca B lost 5-4. Dongou also got on the score sheet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXArGW08bXA
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
Johnpaul88: The article turned my stomach! I have never seen an article as unprofessional as that. Carol or whoever wrote that displayed a vicious, spiteful, angry hatred, towards the person of Song . That's about the worst article i have read.

there's nothing stomach-turning in that attitude. alex song has no positional discipline to be a top defensive midfielder....although i have heard wenger say he often instructed him to join in the attack but that itself is a brainfart! it's one of the reasons arsenal are the most susceptible to counter attacks! teams like wigan do counterattack against arsenal and score successfully!

that said, he's still a superb signing for barcelona(that's the only disagreement i have with the author of that article) and that is because barcelona are a different side to arsenal. barcelona's refusal to lose possession is their greatest weapon - it means their opponents can only work with 25% possession of the ball which suggests the opponents must score from the few chances they cop! song will do well at barcelona without a doubt because he won't be as exposed to attacks like he was at the emirates!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:40am On Aug 22, 2012
coogar:

there's nothing stomach-turning in that attitude. alex song has no positional discipline to be a top defensive midfielder....although i have heard wenger say he often instructed him to join in the attack but that itself is a brainfart! it's one of the reasons arsenal are the most susceptible to counter attacks! teams like wigan do counterattack against arsenal and score successfully!

that said, he's still a superb signing for barcelona(that's the only disagreement i have with the author of that article) and that is because barcelona are a different side to arsenal. barcelona's refusal to lose possession is their greatest weapon - it means their opponents can only work with 25% possession of the ball which suggests the opponents must score from the few chances they cop! song will do well at barcelona without a doubt because he won't be as exposed to attacks like he was at the emirates!

See you contradicting yourself.
If he's not going to be exposed to attacks, what use will he be then? If he goes forward he'll get in the way of the triangular passes. If as you all say he is bad at defending, we'll be in for a torrid time then. So how is he a superb signing?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:26am On Aug 22, 2012
More on squad issues.

Zubi yesterday foreclosed the possibility of future signings. Looks like they will work with the squad they have. About 34 million of the 40 million Euro budget has been spent anyway. Looks like they're still expecting a big money deal for Neymar in the coming years.

Though he says some exits are likely. So we might see Afellay or JDS get sold. Maybe even Tello. I hope they leave Fontas and Batra though. If there is anything we need badly, it's defenders.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 11:27am On Aug 22, 2012
AjanleKoko:

See you contradicting yourself.
If he's not going to be exposed to attacks, what use will he be then? If he goes forward he'll get in the way of the triangular passes. If as you all say he is bad at defending, we'll be in for a torrid time then. So how is he a superb signing?

my comment is self-explanatory!
i said his appalling positional discipline should be blamed on wenger. when wenger was asked why he pushes song forward, wenger said he wanted to fool the opposition into trouble! i am certain barcelona will not ask song to bomb forward - he will have a defined role which is - to sit in front of the defence and snuff out attacks!

the link below should help your further questions about song!
http://goonerhead.com/arsenals-dm-or-playmaker-analyzing-alex-song/
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:43am On Aug 22, 2012
coogar:

my comment is self-explanatory!
i said his appalling positional discipline should be blamed on wenger. when wenger was asked why he pushes song forward, wenger said he wanted to fool the opposition into trouble! i am certain barcelona will not ask song to bomb forward - he will have a defined role which is - to sit in front of the defence and snuff out attacks!

the link below should help your further questions about song!
http://goonerhead.com/arsenals-dm-or-playmaker-analyzing-alex-song/

Even as a holding midfielder, he has many weaknesses. He's a reasonably okay passer, but for someone playing in a holding role for Barca, he will have his work cut out for him. Busquets doesn't even win balls by tackling or fouling. In fact he obstructs the play, and usually draws fouls from the attacking opposition. Song will tackle a lot, and that scares me.

Putting him beside Keita (who he's obviously replacing) in a skill-for-skill comparison, Keita still comes out better. Keita is a better passer, two-footed, great shooting ability, a box-to-box player, good in the air, and can even join the attack. Keita was a good x-factor, and made a decent impact in those games where a change of plan was needed.

Song is probably going to add to the problems that Fabregas has been creating since he joined. More anarchy in the middle, and that worries me. I doubt he can play the ball on the ground. More likely he will try long adventurous balls.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
AjanleKoko:
Even as a holding midfielder, he has many weaknesses. He's a reasonably okay passer, but for someone playing in a holding role for Barca, he will have his work cut out for him. Busquets doesn't even win balls by tackling or fouling. In fact he obstructs the play, and usually draws fouls from the attacking opposition. Song will tackle a lot, and that scares me.

busquets is the master of interception and constituting a nuisance to his opponents. his positioning is the best i have seen from a midfielder. his ability to read the game helps him to intercept passes - song is more physical who likes to get stuck in. that said, song is a better centre-half than busquets can ever be.....this was why i said alex song is a good buy for barcelona!

Putting him beside Keita (who he's obviously replacing) in a skill-for-skill comparison, Keita still comes out better. Keita is a better passer, two-footed, great shooting ability, a box-to-box player, good in the air, and can even join the attack. Keita was a good x-factor, and made a decent impact in those games where a change of plan was needed.

the advantage song has over keita is the fact that keita cannot play as a centre-half! song would be doing a back up for 2 positions(busquets and puyol/pique)!!!

Song is probably going to add to the problems that Fabregas has been creating since he joined. More anarchy in the middle, and that worries me. I doubt he can play the ball on the ground. More likely he will try long adventurous balls.

song is a neat passer - of course, not as great as the barca boys but he is never going to need long passes - a defensive midfielder at barcelona does not pass the ball more than 5-10 yards! i am sure alex song will be fine in barcelona!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 12:10am On Aug 23, 2012
Thanks@Stealthy, my wife was never a Football fan to begin with,but knowing that you have married a soul mate, there is no doubt that she must follow your lead in everyway possible,she became the number 1 critic against any fan that hates on Barca,and oh my!! she instantly fell in love with Messi,and could analyze his moves/skills professionally,likewise describing his attacking prowess as it really is.

As for Moudrid, lets see how it goes tomorrow, AS USUAL THOUGH. wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 8:18am On Aug 23, 2012
Messi has not scored against Madrid in the last four classicos' but am tipping him to score in this 3-1 win
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2012
coogar:

busquets is the master of interception and constituting a nuisance to his opponents. his positioning is the best i have seen from a midfielder. his ability to read the game helps him to intercept passes - song is more physical who likes to get stuck in. that said, song is a better centre-half than busquets can ever be.....this was why i said alex song is a good buy for barcelona!

the advantage song has over keita is the fact that keita cannot play as a centre-half! song would be doing a back up for 2 positions(busquets and puyol/pique)!!!

song is a neat passer - of course, not as great as the barca boys but he is never going to need long passes - a defensive midfielder at barcelona does not pass the ball more than 5-10 yards! i am sure alex song will be fine in barcelona!

You just can't make a point without shouting sha embarassed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 10:25am On Aug 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:
You just can't make a point without shouting sha embarassed

you are probably retarded.....you shout only when you type in caps
where did you school that made you so poor mentally?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:27am On Aug 23, 2012
coogar:

you are probably retarded.....you shout only when you type in caps
where did you school that made you so poor mentally?

Kid, E don do. You've entertained us enough, though your performance this time leaves a lot to be desired.
Now run back to your Man United thread. tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 10:36am On Aug 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Kid, E don do. You've entertained us enough, though your performance this time leaves a lot to be desired.
Now run back to your Man United thread. tongue

i hope you realise this is a public forum and i ain't your relative begging you to sponsor me abroad----that i support man utd does not mean i don't know more about barcelona than you plastic fans/glory hunters.....so engage your brain gear before saying what i can use against you!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:45am On Aug 23, 2012
coogar:

i hope you realise this is a public forum and i ain't your relative begging you to sponsor me abroad----that i support man utd does not mean i don't know more about barcelona than you plastic fans/glory hunters.....so engage your brain gear before saying what i can use against you!!!

Sagamite don describe you perfectly. 'You Go Kill Me Today' attitude. Your posts reveal you to be a kid, which is why I usually dismiss your rants wink
I mean, who argues with their kid? tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 10:49am On Aug 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:
Sagamite don describe you perfectly. 'You Go Kill Me Today' attitude. Your posts reveal you to be a kid, which is why I usually dismiss your rants wink
I mean, who argues with their kid? tongue

sagamite is right cos he knows i am a winner - winners don't quit, this is why i always put him to the sword! as for you, you should be worried your kid packs more intelligence than you do...
you don't even know me and you are spewing nonsense that i am a kid - what the fuck do you think you are now? father nature? ajanlekoko, you are a nuisance!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:51am On Aug 23, 2012
coogar:

sagamite is right cos he knows i am a winner - winners don't quit, this is why i always put him to the sword! as for you, you should be worried your kid packs more intelligence than you....

you don't even know me and you are spewing nonsense that i am a kid - what the fuck do you think you are now? father nature?

Of course you're a kid. I mean, who goes from thread to thread, ranting and getting into every redundant and meaningless argument under the sun? Only children, with lots of sugar pumping through their veins.
Be quiet already jare.
Don't come and stink up this thread with your noise. Run along now angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 10:59am On Aug 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:
Of course you're a kid. I mean, who goes from thread to thread, ranting and getting into every redundant and meaningless argument under the sun? Only children, with lots of sugar pumping through their veins.

who starts a thread to intentionally drags his own relatives in a swamp? an insecure self-seeking, alcohol-sodden brat!!! i know people like you - the moment you make 100,000 naira as salary, your shoulder elevates like you wear a shoulder pad!
ignorant peasant!

Be quiet already jare.
Don't come and stink up this thread with your noise. Run along now angry

thought i told you this thread does not belong to you.....don't snarl at me like i am one of your begging relatives! that pitiful attitude of "na me get am" is your biggest let down - i am sure you were deprived in your childhood! silly rabbit!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2012
^^
That was cute grin

But seriously, you have entertained enough. Run along now tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
the signing of alex song is for me the best thing to happen to my barcelona. i want some steel and size in my team. ive always sought that and now my dream has been answered, i fear no foe. bring on madrid now, bring on chelsea. and any other 'bully' of a team. with a line-up as valdez, alvez, alba, pique, puyol, song, busquets, xavi, iniesta messi, villa. the world is ours, and everything in it!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
We should be fine this evening with Moudrid. If our defence gets their acts together well, we'll be fine all right.

My prediction for line up

Valdes

Alves Pique Mescharano Alba

Xavi Busquet Iniesta

Alexis Messi Pedro

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.