Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria (37024 Views)

Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by hyzich(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2021
sakssey23:

Did you graduate from FUTO?

no
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by arthurwillia(m): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2021
dettolgel:

Most German schools does. You can get admission and if you do well in your msc your chances of getting a paid PhD is higher. You can be paid as high as 1700 euros every month.

Ok thank you for this
1700 as a PhD baa
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by legallyminded: 11:42am On Aug 12, 2021
GhanaBurger:
LoL grin It's legal But not avaliable to nigerians
LOL, who cares?
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 12, 2021
legallyminded:

LOL, who cares?
cheesy
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 12, 2021
taneez:

There are hardly jobs for people who read Chemical engineering. My advice,:
Since you know digital skills start looking for where you can work for free as an intern. Enrol in CXL institute- there is a scholarship. Check Ingressive for good now now. I think there is a scholarship too. Go to LinkedIn and myjobmag. Look at people who are working in tech. What skills do they possess. Begin to look for ways to get those skills. Be hungry for knowledge. Check out hubspot inbound marketing. Look for internships or offer your service. I promise you that within 6 months of dilligence you will have a good career

Thank you very much for this Sir. This was the discussion I had with a friend recently. Chemical Engineering isn't much valued in Nigeria save for the petroleum industry. Mech and E/E engineers and even some computer programmers often take the jobs because Nigeria is not yet an industrialized nation. Many of my classmates in those depts who didn't even go through all the stress, advanced mathematics, reaction kinetics, optimization, and so on, have gotten jobs right now but we CHE are ......... Well, God is good sha.
I would key into these things you just said. I will learn and improve myself more. Thanks once again Sir
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by salvationproject(m): 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kuriosmynd:

The guy is speaking bad grammar.
I guess he wanted to say ''first class students 'and' second class upper". There no need using "with" ....The gramar really fucvked with my head cos it's odd
I for fear o
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Obasempiree(m): 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2021
soleexx:

Hi bro need some help...I need direct info from just for my lit sis...

*What are the scholarship requirements you submitted
*And what area or universities you have applied in the past...thanks
*Additional info will be appreciated
Hello brother follow this link and attend this webinar later this month they do award scholarships too.
https://www.accessmbadotcom/about-us.

*change the dot to . cheers!
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by dettolgel: 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2021
arthurwillia:

Ok thank you for this
1700 as a PhD baa

Yeah in country like Netherlands and Belgium the pay could be as high as 2k euros every month. Meanwhile what is your field of study?
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by arthurwillia(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2021
dettolgel:

Yeah in country like Netherlands and Belgium the pay could be as high as 2k euros every month. Meanwhile what is your field of study?

Physiotherapy is my field of study, exercise science

1 Like

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2021
Oktane:

It's a generational problem.
Social media is the name of this generation.

If you doubt me, ask a prolific and experienced HR manager.
Absolutely

It's a generational problem. A menace which had come to stay. The mass failure in just concluded UTME is a clear case study. They assume having access to the internet and a mobile phone. Particularly, a smart phone is all that matters. They did abused that opportunity of sourcing information pertaining to their studies on the internet. No reading culture anymore. The teachers are not doing enough. The students are not being tutored with keen interest. They got no morale for their job. They're either being underpaid or owned some months running to years backlogs payments. No infrastructure, the ratio of students to teachers is quite worrisome. The teachers are not properly trained as at when due, no international exposure. The students probably had siblings, niece, nephews, cousins et al who got education in one of the best schools in the country. They probably had ample numbers of graduates with good grades, who knows her onions with good head on their shoulder. Yet nothing ababsolutely to show for it. It's indeed a generational problem. We seriously need to get our act right. This country needs a thorough overhaul. Else, the children yet unborn will inherit this mess.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by SavageResponse(m): 2:02am On Aug 13, 2021
Bizibi:
they don't connive with white guys,the blacks are the ones doing it.... Even in Nigeria companies they play politics against each other infact I heard about one incident in a company in Abuja this week.

There was a company in bayelsa that almost folded up because the employees were stealing money.when the employer brought in auditors to audit the accounts,some of them sent in their resignation letters and left immediately.

The chaiman partnered with some expatriates to manage the company for him.

An average Nigerian finds it difficult to resist stealing from his employer sad
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Apexbb: 10:21am On Aug 13, 2021
GhanaBurger:
drop a mail
ahmad.rufai70@gmail.com
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 10:39am On Aug 13, 2021
freshalien:

Like I said to the OP, apply for scholarships. There are fully funded scholarships all over the internet, look for them, search deep in the internet for them. Schools abroad are looking for bright minds like you to sponsor your education, accommodation, feeding and even flight and visa. Get one and leave that sinking country.
Thanks for your input. I do appreciate
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2021
urchcoded:
I have a 30k job already from playing the piano in a church. I plan to look for any job especially a teaching job, while I buy a laptop and learn data science full time
That's cool. Keep pushing bro
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2021
Bizibi:
they don't connive with white guys,the blacks are the ones doing it.... Even in Nigeria companies they play politics against each other infact I heard about one incident in a company in Abuja this week.

There was a company in bayelsa that almost folded up because the employees were stealing money.when the employer brought in auditors to audit the accounts,some of them sent in their resignation letters and left immediately.

The chaiman partnered with some expatriates to manage the company for him.
That's interesting. Blacks with their gullible mindset
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 13, 2021
Apexbb:

ahmad.rufai70@gmail.com
sent you a mail
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by dettolgel: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
arthurwillia:

Physiotherapy is my field of study, exercise science

I don't know about the field but in the field of public health, biostatistics there are some scholarships for students coming from Africa. My friend got one for msc biostatistics about 4 years ago and he was paid 1300 euros every month for 2 years. I know someone that knows some that got one for msc econometrics and the scholarship was for 800 euros per month.

Meanwhile try and look up erasmus scholarship for African students.
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by ponlear(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2021
ONNYX:

You write very well Sir. whether we believe it or not our ability to express ourselves in verbally and in written form goes a long way in defining our personality.

I really loved your write up which reflected your abilities and innate capacity. Your attitude however NEEDS revamping. You need to change your appreciation of whatever life presents to you at any point in time.

In this particular case that woman gave you a great opportunity to learn and understand (and first hand too) the ropes of management. You are indebted to her. You will only come to value the experience you have drawn from this in the future when circumstances require your tapping from that epoch of your life.

This is my very modest opinion.

Think about it.

Thank you �
I learnt a lot from her as a matter of fact, in fact I took the role cos I wanted to more about leadership and what I learnt has been practically helpful running my own business.

Growth is essential and when one seem to be on the same spot when the effort for the next level has been invested, one might have to pivot and that was what’s happened back then.
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by arthurwillia(m): 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
dettolgel:

I don't know about the field but in the field of public health, biostatistics there are some scholarships for students coming from Africa. My friend got one for msc biostatistics about 4 years ago and he was apod 1300 euros every month for 2 years. I know someone that knows some that got one for msc econometrics and the scholarship was for 800 euros per month.

Meanwhile try and look up erasmus scholarship for African students.
thank you for this
I appreciate
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Olumaeme: 11:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:
You are daft what's there to engage intellectually with an empty vessel like you who thinks you are so important but is bombastic bastard... Next time keep shut rather than come online to exhibit ur crass idiocy...

Lmao, see the handiwork of Poverty.
Enjoy ya Joblessness ����
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Elpadre22: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
I don't believe hard work pays in Nigeria....it's either u know someone or u cheat ur way up.

A man once attended an interview, the three where interviewed at same time, d first guy was a freaking genius...man was the distant second...d last guy....u will even wonder how he got his degree...

But u know what....He got the job, it turns out his uncle was in charge of dat fed establishment in d state grin

I once also saw how, the incorruptible "saint" approved the appointment of a long time retiree with one of the worst performance in that agency simple because a governor recommended him. This is despite seasoned & well decorated candidates being on ground.

When u refused to do the right thing, NO AMOUNT OF LOANS CAN save the country

1 Like

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by iamcourage(m): 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
You are still talking about certificate, what you graduated with and who appreciates you and who didn't appreciate you in 2021. Be like Sapa never touch you well
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Ltherman(m): 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2021
Well. This was therapeutic. I finished with a 3rd class law degree and made a 2.2 from law which sort of dashed my hopes of working in any of the top or mid tier law firms. Currently working in a low tier firm in Ilorin where the take home pay cannot even take me home. Some days it seems like i missed my way in this early days of practice, I'm seriously considering switching career but I'm still a bit confused on what to switch to or how best to get the most out the situation.

Any advice and pointers will be appreciated.

Furthermore, are there foreign scholarship for 3rd class applicants?
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2021
There is one or many scholarly grants/scholarship for Third class graduates..... I think in Australia, but not for all courses..... Check for your academic field(Check it up on Google).

1 Like

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by SALVAI: 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
Buy or sell your paypal funds
$110 PayPal from balance
420/$ what'sapp 0809 567488 9
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by soleexx(m): 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
Obasempiree:

Hello brother follow this link and attend this webinar later this month they do award scholarships too.
https://www.accessmbadotcom/about-us.

*change the dot to . cheers!

Awesome, thanks wink
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by dobnina(f): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2021
SALVAI:
Buy or sell your paypal funds
$110 PayPal from balance
420/$ what'sapp 0809 567488 9
Don't do any Transaction with this guy.
He is a Scammer.
You have been warned.

1 Like

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Albertone(m): 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olumaeme:

My brother, that's the problem.

Graduating with first class is only an added advantage of getting employed.

What's the use of a First class graduate who cant write error free sentences?

Did he tell you he studied English language in school?

As long as the lecturer marking your script understands your point and it is correct then,you get your mark.
It is only language department that pays attention to grammatical errors.
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Olumaeme: 7:13am On Sep 24, 2021
Albertone:

Did he tell you he studied English language in school?

As long as the lecturer marking your script understands your point and it is correct then,you get your mark.
It is only language department that pays attention to grammatical errors.

That is the problem with why graduates are not employable

Must you study English to make good sentences? What you are literally saying is that, you must study mathematics and statistics to do basic calculations.

Assuming you run an organisation or a company, you will make excuses for your employee who cannot communicate effectively with your customers or stakeholders because they didn't study English language.

Well, let me tell you, as a graduate there are some basic things you should be able to do, and effective communication is one of them (especially writing), if you can't, you can kiss getting a job goodbye.

2 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by tarantino1: 5:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
taneez:

There are hardly jobs for people who read Chemical engineering. My advice,:
Since you know digital skills start looking for where you can work for free as an intern. Enrol in CXL institute- there is a scholarship. Check Ingressive for good now now. I think there is a scholarship too. Go to LinkedIn and myjobmag. Look at people who are working in tech. What skills do they possess. Begin to look for ways to get those skills. Be hungry for knowledge. Check out hubspot inbound marketing. Look for internships or offer your service. I promise you that within 6 months of dilligence you will have a good career

Hi, mind if I send a DM concerning this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. / Jobberman's 2013 - 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria. / 7 Sentences You Shouldn't Say To Your Boss - EVER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.