Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Thinking Of Divorce? Think Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thinking Of Divorce? Think Again (180 Views)

"I Am Thinking Of Selling My Soul To The Devil" - Nigerian Woman / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" / The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thinking Of Divorce? Think Again by SonofIssachar: 1:04am On Aug 11, 2021
Thinking of divorce? This testimony is good for you. It will help you to think twice.

“I am 32 years old. Me and my ex-hubby dated for six years, I started dating him while I was in grade 12, I was 19 years old then. We were best of friends. I waited until he completed college and started work, my family, and his family then met, we got married and had a son. (7 years old now).

My husband was short-tempered at times, but our problems started when I wanted to make him feel like he couldn’t control me. Every time we argue, I would pack my bags, go to my family and explain. My sisters would phone my husband and shout at him. If he is controlling me I would always dare him that if he wished to divorce me, he should do so. I never wanted a divorce, I just had pride and I never wanted to look a loser in his eyes.

One day, I pushed him so hard that for the first time he beat me and locked me outside. I went to my family; my family took him to the police. This happened every time. I would pretend like I was being abused! But to be honest, I used to abuse my husband emotionally.

He was arrested and detained. I was asked by his family to withdraw the case. My husband was never a violent man; he did what he did because I pushed him to the wall. Of which he openly knelt down and apologized. I withdrew the charges, and we reconciled.

After three months, I packed my bags after a small issue, and he remained alone. After two days I received a call that he was in the hospital, my family told me that I shouldn’t go there because it would look like I was begging him, and my sisters believed he was faking the illness.

All this time, people felt sorry for me like I was the one being abused. He spent a week in the hospital, after he came out, I just received a divorce summons. I wanted to say no to divorce, but because I felt this pride, I wanted him to change his mind and beg me. I called him and said he will get the divorce because I had been living like I was in hell. This, of course, was not true.

When we went to court, I wanted to make him pay, so I told the court that I needed his properties to be shared. To my surprise he openly told the court that whatever he and I acquired together should be given to me, all he wanted was divorce.

We got divorced in July 2009. This Saturday, my ex-husband is getting married again, whilst I am here wasted! My family members are gossiping about me, and I depend on what my ex gives to my son for survival.

I know I wasted my marriage. I am here telling all wives to be careful how they get advice. Don’t be cheated. Even my young sisters are much more respected than me. Those who encouraged me to get a divorce are the ones always bad mouthing me now.

There is no benefit in pride! This is a perfect example and advice for those dancing in some overrated ego.

Credit: Relationship Matters Forum

Meditation: Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. – Proverbs 16:18 (NIV)

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!!!

Also read:

Excess and Excuses
Essence Of Family
When You Divorce Me…

(1) (Reply)

International Demons Have Fallen / Beware Of Greed / God Spoke To Me In His Word About Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.