Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. (1068 Views)

"Fathala Wildlife Reserve In Senegal" Where You Can Chill With A Lion With A St / A Nairalander Visit To The Historic Cardiff Castle / "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by AGUBANZE(m): 8:28am On Aug 11, 2021
This was a little trip I took a while ago. I visited St Georges's castle at Cape Coast In Ghana. Beautiful serene beach free of plastic waste and properly managed. You will find your inner peace and discover your true identity after exploring the slave castle and coming face to face with the violence that went on there. Sit back and relax while you feed your eyes.

Cc : Laslasticlala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn6H0dUxyEc

Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by AGUBANZE(m): 8:34am On Aug 11, 2021
1st : Picture is the Main Castle.

2nd picture: Door of no return. Nobody that goes out from here ever comes back. They leave through these tiny doors to the boat, trafficked through the Atlantic.

3rd picture: Plaque for the memorial of the atrocities committed.

4th picture: Slave exit to waiting boats.

Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by AGUBANZE(m): 10:15am On Aug 11, 2021
1st picture: Slave prison. Anybody trying to escape when captured is detained here, they never leave till they die. So depressing.

2nd picture: Stairs from Exhibition center.

3rd picture: Wood carving from the exhibition center.

4th picture: These are cannons the British used to defend the castle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn6H0dUxyEc

Cc:

Laslasticlala

1 Share

Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 14, 2021
Did you enter Ghana by air or by road?
Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by PetroDolla2020: 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
Ghana’s land borders are closed.

businesshub101:
Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by AGUBANZE(m): 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2021
businesshub101:

Land Borders are open if you know how to move from Iyare motors.

1 Like

Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Ghana’s land borders are closed.

Ghana man, you don start.. anyways, your border is our backyard, we can visit anytime
Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by PetroDolla2020: 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
you and who's backyard? come and visit now. RUBBISH cool

[s]
businesshub101:

Ghana man, you don start.. anyways, your border is our backyard, we can visit anytime
[/s]
Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by PetroDolla2020: 10:07pm On Aug 14, 2021
When will nigerians learn to respect the laws of other countries? Even if you don't respect laws in your country you don't have to carry on like that in other countries now. and when they are arrested, they will be shouting Ghana hates nigerians shocked

[s]
AGUBANZE:

Land Borders are open if you know how to move from Iyare motors.
[/s]
Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by AGUBANZE(m): 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
When will nigerians learn to respect the laws of other countries? Even if you don't respect laws in your country you don't have to carry on like that in other countries now. and when they are arrested, they will be shouting Ghana hates nigerians shocked

[s][/s]

He be like bolt loose for your head. Lol. I took the trip before the lockdown. The border is open. May Ogun kill their border closure. As if Ghanaians are not coming to Lagos to purchase goods. Don't come here and yarn with your blind sentiment.
Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by AGUBANZE(m): 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2021
[quote author=businesshub101 post=104796447]

Ghana man, you don start.. anyways, your border is our backyard, we can visit anytime [/quote

Don't mind him. Ghana that I can trek from Lagos. It's ECOWAS, if they don't want to be members they should inform us so we give them the Mali treatment.

1 Like

Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by PetroDolla2020: 11:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
Ghana's land borders are closed! what is difficult about that for you to understand? anyone leaving or arriving in Ghana can only do so by air-through the Accra airport! That is the law proclaimed by the President of Ghana. what is difficult for you to understand about that?

Nigeria's borders are open and so anyone can go to Nigeria. Ghana's land borders are CLOSED, huh? If you can't come into Ghana by air, and observe all covid protocols, then stay in your country. Nothing spoil,huh/

AGUBANZE:

He be like bolt loose for your head. Lol. I took the trip before the lockdown. The border is open. May Ogun kill their border closure. As if Ghanaians are not coming to Lagos to purchase goods. Don't come here and yarn with your blind sentiment.
Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by AGUBANZE(m): 11:40pm On Aug 14, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Ghana's land borders are closed! what is difficult about that for you to understand? anyone leaving or arriving in Ghana can only do so by air-through the Accra airport! That is the law proclaimed by the President of Ghana. what is difficult for you to understand about that?

Nigeria's borders are open and so anyone can go to Nigeria. Ghana's land borders are CLOSED, huh? If you can't come into Ghana by air, and observe all covid protocols, then stay in your country. Nothing spoil,huh/

Go and sit down, Lagos economy is bigger than the currency manipulating the economy of that your little village Ghana. As if Ghana is America, what insolence. Even people go to America illegally. Bros be calming down before the hate for Nigerians kills you.
Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 15, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
you and who's backyard? come and visit now. RUBBISH cool

[s][/s]

There's no stopping us, I'd you deport 5000 Nigerians, 50,000 will enter
Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by AGUBANZE(m): 5:48am On Aug 15, 2021
1st picture : White mans Church. They practiced their Christianity over where they kept Africans as slaves. Let that sink in for some minute.

2nd picture: The open space before the wall was filled with water. The ocean overlooking that's the The Gulf of Guinea.

3rd picture: This is another part of the Castle. The Dutch I think dominated this side.

4th picture: They use these cannons to protect the castle.

Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by NiklauseFred(m): 8:23am On Aug 15, 2021
Op you doing a great job

T.O.G Is here!

0.Hadampson
1.Niklausefred
2. Fidelismaria
3. Nicoswit
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHillary (UK)*
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFap123
20.Daintyprincess (new member)
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134
23.Tolzy11(welcome to the crew)
24.RedChiefPriest
25.GodsGabby (welcome cool)
26.Ayomide8990 (welcome mate)
27.Jizzyjordan
28. opeey[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by 2Lynx(m): 8:46am On Aug 15, 2021
NiklauseFred:
Op you doing a great job

T.O.G Is here!

0.Hadampson
1.Niklausefred
2. Fidelismaria
3. Nicoswit
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHillary (UK)*
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFap123
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134
24.RedChiefPriest
27.Jizzyjordan
28. opeey
Funny, this has been my part of my course of study for few years now, this is but a little glimpse to the horror you call "violence"...
I assure you if you go deeper no matter your religious doctrine you will HATEhate anything "White", it will take great will to overcome that.

1 Like

Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by AGUBANZE(m): 9:08am On Aug 15, 2021
1st picture: Officers mess. That's where the soldiers are then I think.

2nd picture: Governor's lodge. The colonial governor's office is situated here. The guide said he pucks, black girls from the stairs. Depressing history.

3rd picture: Chains at the museum used in the past.

4th picture : The beach from the private Coconut Grove Resort axis.

Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by daintyprincess(f): 10:03am On Aug 15, 2021
NiklauseFred:
Op you doing a great job

T.O.G Is here!

0.Hadampson
1.Niklausefred
2. Fidelismaria
3. Nicoswit
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHillary (UK)*
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFap123
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134
24.RedChiefPriest
27.Jizzyjordan
28. opeey
Thanks
Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by AGUBANZE(m): 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2021
All the pictures are from Elmina beach, Gulf of Guinea. Beautiful and serene.

Re: Exploring Elmina Castle (st George Castle) Ghana. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
Don’t mind that loose guy bro. He is usually pained when he sees Nigerian exploring Ghana. Bro, when next you’re visiting or have people who want to visit for business, stay or tourism. I am very much available as I base and do business in Ghana. My woman is Ghanaian and visits Ghana 2wise in three months to buy goods.

AGUBANZE:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know That You Personally Pay For Ambulance In The US / Northumbria University Deposit / How Can I Change My Canada Visiting Visa To A Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.