Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,910 members, 7,810,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? (3196 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by okababa(m): 3:22am On Jul 19, 2007
one will easily know that you are like CHRIS OYAKHILOME(A FALSE PREACHER)
hOW on earth will you say that a xtian can put on trousers as female, paint lips like jezebel and curl his hair like chris oyakhiome and you think that such can ever get to heaven.
What do you think holiness is? a filthy rag? please be guided! any church, person or pastor that is not in total agreement with pastor kumuyi/deeper life is not from God and will go to hell fire if they fail to repent.
As for me, pastor Kumuyi is the only man of God in africa and possibly the world. Also note that you don't have to agree with this statement as the bible say that whosoever will be a friend of God will be an enemy of the world so , that a lot of people hate deeperlife or pastor Kumuyi is enough confirmation that the man is realy from God
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by koolbone(m): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2007
Not this guy again
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Ajiade: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2007
Why do u condem the man of GOD? It is written that u shall not Judge, then Why are u saying someone will we go to HELL or HEAVEN. HEAVEN OR HELL is not judge by what u wear or the type of church u went to, so therefore seek for the forgivess of GOD.
I am not saying this to defend the man and for u to know that i am not a christian, my name is MUHAMMED WAHEED.
Therefore, is a MAN of GOD.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by MyPeace(f): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2007
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pls get urselve/head examined. Who made you GOD?
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by anny2007: 10:15am On Jul 20, 2007
My candid advice to u okababa is that '' Please be very careful not to judge people '' You r not GOD and u will never be GOD.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Elgaxton(m): 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2007
@Okobaba

Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm (not even with ur mouth.).

Hope U're preparing urself for the aftermath of this ur thot/ post.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by iyeyemi: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2007
ordinarily, posts like this one merit no response.its clear that the author has no mind of his own and is a bigot to say the least.plus kris o, plus kumuyi o and any otha person that might make the list of 'men of God' thats nobody's jurisdiction to judge
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by melandash(m): 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2007
Okababa what a post to put. I am proud to be a member of Beliver's Loveworld. I also had the same impression and attitude as you. I really can not start any form of argument with you at all. I pray that God shall give you Wisdom and open your eyes pf understanding to show you knowledge. No matter what as Christians we are of one family united by the shedding of the Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. We all have different functions but for the same purpose to reconcile the unbelivers unto Him. I love you and have no anger against you but pure love.

Take Care
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Kashif(m): 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2007
Okababa,

You are a disgrace to Christianity!! shocked shocked shocked

How could you come up with such judgemental post? I am restraining myself not to write in my anger angry(because you posted Religious content in Career section -  a further explanation that you are not with your senses. P E A C E!
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Ivvie: 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2007
Pastor Kumoyi is not the only true pastor in Africa, though I listen and read his sermons. They are extremely rich.

The other criterias are true, paint your lips, cross dress and participate in all other forms of perversion will cost you indeed.

Christianity is not a bed of gold. People want to eat their cake and have it. Jesus said if you were to be with him, take up your cross and follow him. That is also part of the cross you'll have to bear with. Santification is a "painful" yet slow process but in it, you have power the world doesn't.

Why must there be insults. And you call yourselves heaven-bound Christians. God will help all of us.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by labiyemmy(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2007
how can a man who calls himself Okababa makes any sense? Y'all know the meaning of Okababa?

To Mr Okababa - maybe one ofthese people you think are hell bound will be the one that will open the gate of hell to you when you arrive there. So - dont speak too soon boy.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Ivvie: 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2007
@labiyemmi

What is the meaning of Okababa?
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by ricadelide(m): 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2007
Let me paraphrase just a few "WORDS ON MARBLE" from our friend okababa with some equations about hell and heaven.

okababa:

hOW on earth will you say that a xtian can put on trousers as female, paint lips like jezebel and curl his hair like chris oyakhiome and you think that such can ever get to heaven.
1   Female wearing trouser = hell
2   Female wearing lipstick = hell
3   Male curling hair = hell

Steer clear of these and heaven's door is probably wide open.

Further inferences from equations 1 - 3
(i)   Probably more than 90% of American females wear trouser, thus, there would be very few american females in heaven
(ii) More generation Y and Z females wear trousers than X and earlier generations, thus there would be very few ladies of the younger generation in heaven
(iii) Females are far more likely to wear trousers and lipstick than men are likely to curl their hair, thus, there would be far more men in heaven than women

What do you think holiness is? a filthy rag? please be guided! any church, person or pastor that is not in total agreement with pastor kumuyi/deeper life is not from God and will go to hell fire if they fail to repent.
Do i need to paraphrase? according to oka, Kumuyi (NOT christ) is the yardstack for people ie individuals, and DL for churches ie congregations - failure to conform, and? = Hell . . . . . (4)

As for me, pastor Kumuyi is the only man of God in africa and possibly the world.
All others, since you can't become pastor Kumuyi, don't even bother. Again = Hell . . . . (5)

Also note that you don't have to agree with this statement as the bible say that whosoever will be a friend of God will be an enemy of the world so , that a lot of people hate deeperlife or pastor Kumuyi is enough confirmation that the man is realy from God
6 A lot of people like you = Hell
7 A lot of people hate you = 'realy from God' = Heaven

thus from equation 7, we can safely postulate thus;
A lot of people hated Abacha = 'realy from God' = Heaven  (QED)

Need i do more paraphrasing?
The question is; when would some "christians" GROW UP??

nb. i'm not dissing Pastor Kumuyi and no offence to our DL folks, just had to respond to this post. Cheers all.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Ivvie: 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2007
Be careful Ricade, you don't know this person. 90% of what he has said is true. I don't know him either. The only thing God will want form you is to pray for him. Even in his err. If God has opened his eyes to some of what he is saying, you don't have the right to shut it. God is not a decision for anyone to play with. We have different people in the body of Christ. You don't know his purpose on earth. By principle of spiritual authority, be very careful. If he had no love, he wouldn'thave shared what he understands.

The meaning to his screen name is what I am yet to found out.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by ricadelide(m): 11:49pm On Oct 28, 2007
Ivvie:

Be careful Ricade, you don't know this person. 90% of what he has said is true. I don't know him either. The only thing God will want form you is to pray for him. Even in his err. If God has opened his eyes to some of what he is saying, you don't have the right to shut it. God is not a decision for anyone to play with. We have different people in the body of Christ. You don't know his purpose on earth. By principle of spiritual authority, be very careful. If he had no love, he wouldn'thave shared what he understands.
Ok - i should be careful; because i told him that his statements are false?
True, i don't know this person, neither do you know me. Can you let me know which "90%" of what he has said that is true and which 10% isn't? And please, let me know the yardstick by which you have determined the vericity of his claims. Since we can both appeal to the bible it would be good for it to be your reference, rather than using the yardstick of one's own opinion. Your own judgement is NOT the word of God.
The "only thing" that God wants from me isn't just to pray for him, it goes beyond that - it would start from correcting him. We are to walk in Jesus' steps - and i don't recall that Jesus only "prayed for" the people in his time when they said things that didn't line up with the Truth. I don't know if i need to run you through the scriptures on the several injunctions to correct, rebuke, etc wrong teachings - like Pastor Kumuyi being the only man of God in the world and the yardstick by which all others will be judged?! How sad.
God does not open people's eyes to err - so i don't understand what you mean by God opening his eyes in his error. Even if its only a little error that he made (which is blatantly not the case) one still needs to point it out, and be careful in ridding oneself of it - a little leaven affects the whole lump of dough.
And as regards my "not having the right" to express my mind - i really don't think i need to respond to you in that regard. I suppose you also think that in expressing my mind I obviously do not know God, and thus, you have a right to "shut" me.
Obviously, i haven't shown by my posts on this site that i'm here to play. I might have tried to use a joking tone so that i would ease on having to say my mind with more gravity, but that does not detract from the seriousness of the issue. It is statements like this that have led to sects that eventually split off entirely from christianity eg the JW's - because they were convinced that only they had or knew the truth. I'm surprised that, rather than strongly rebuking him for such brazen statements, you're suggesting i shut my mouth for doing so (not that i even did so - ie rebuke him - i focussed on his post rather than his person and implored him to GROW UP).
True we have different people in the body of christ - NO, we do not have different gospels in the body of christ (Eph. 4;4-6). When people make strong assertions such as this, then they should be bold enough to face up to the implications. Like i made it clear elsewhere, i don't have a problem with people choosing to believe certain things, it however becomes an issue when you make disputable matters that can't be justified from the bible as being the basis for christian living, and label other christians that do not follow such inclinations as going to 'hell' and not being 'true christians'.
I don't need to know his purpose on earth (i pray it is a good one) before i can make a comment. But i do know that making statements such as those by "christians" is the basis of a lot of problems in the body of Christ, and i know that it is necessary to "contend for the faith" and not be afraid to point out the truth.
Lastly, i do not recall accusing him of "having no love".  One can be sincere, and yet be sincerely wrong. Beyond that, i do not think it is hatred that made me point out his mistakes either - open rebuke the bible says is better than hidden love. I pray some of us that are so quick to make reference to the word love would realize what true love really entails.
Sorry in advance if my tone is strong.
Cheers.

nb. his screen name means either sorghum or millet (not sure which) used for making pap
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Ivvie: 1:00am On Oct 29, 2007
@rica

Sincerely, all God wants from your own side is to pray for him in your own innocence.  In your own understanding of what you deem as right and wrong.  That way, God lifts you  up.  My ministry is prayer.  Whenever people grieve or offend me and I do nothing, the consequences are usually not funny.  God deals with them thoroughly.  It's the same to those that dig a pit for me.  It's the same for any true child of God (I'm not saying you aren't).  90% of what he is saying is right and for the sake of peace and building-up, I won't emphasize on them.  You cannot change a man.  Everything I know about the christian walk was revealed to me by God through consecration and sanctification.  Many Christians are not consecrated, thus being of little use to God.  You dare not do anything to a consecrated Christian.  God himself will see to it that he deal with you while he gives you time to repent.  I'm not being fanatic.  My very first job, I never knew people could spot a Christian without asking.  I was asked to pray for a missing person, the person was found two days after.  Also, I was always made fun off at work and a person also harrassed me persistently.  I took the matter to God and the following day, the person never returned.  She left all her stuff but never returned.  The rest of my colleagues were put on final and would be fired if my boss ever heard a whisper against me.  That's God's glory for you.  (Just one out of many). Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord! All he has to do is nothing and God takes over. The same principle should be in operation in your life if you are true child of God. You should never strife.

You don't know him, but he is on your side (if you are a Christian). He might be a baby Christian or may be someone seriously seeking more of the Father.  Just pray for him.  He doesn't need any more persecution than what the world offers to him.  No one is perfect, the fall of Adam was a gradual process, same with the birth of Christ. 

Psalm 9  .17:  The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.  

The fact that everyone does the same thing doesn't mean it's right.  Nations that forget God will be cast to hell.  If an entire continent is caught within a fad, God will put that nation in hell.  Deut made it clear that you should not follow the multitude to do evil.  I just had to stress on this.  We have been commanded to work out our salvation with trembling and fear.

Thanks for the meaning of his name.  Someone on another thread made it seem his name was symbolic to something derogatory.

Grace
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by labiyemmy(m): 1:15am On Oct 29, 2007
Ivvie:

Be careful Ricade, you don't know this person. 90% of what he has said is true[b][/b]. I don't know him either. The only thing God will want form you is to pray for him. Even in his err. If God has opened his eyes to some of what he is saying, you don't have the right to shut it. God is not a decision for anyone to play with. We have different people in the body of Christ. You don't know his purpose on earth. By principle of spiritual authority, be very careful. If he had no love, he wouldn'thave shared what he understands.

The meaning to his screen name is what I am yet to found out.

Please point out the 90% truth in what he has said and let us see how you arrive at the 90% - not by revelation but statistically.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Ivvie: 1:24am On Oct 29, 2007
@Labiyemmy

You have a bible, don't you. Go through the contents from the first to the very last page and filter what is right and what's wrong.

The thirst of your curiosity would be quenched.

Peace
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by labiyemmy(m): 1:29am On Oct 29, 2007
Ivvie:

@Labiyemmy

You have a bible, don't you. Go through the contents from the first to the very last page and filter what is right and what's wrong.

The thirst of your curiosity would be quenched.

Peace

I assume you mean the following statements by the poster are correct:

1. Noone who is female and puts on trousers will go to heaven

2. Noone who is female and paints her lips will go to heaven

3. Noone who curls his hair like Chris Oyakhilome will enter heaven

4. Any church, person or pastor that is not in total agreement with pastor kumuyi/deeper life is not from God and will go to hell fire if they fail to repent.

5. Pastor Kumuyi is the only man of God in africa and possibly the world.

6. That a lot of people hate deeper life or pastor Kumuyi is enough confirmation that the man is realy from God

7. Whosoever will be a friend of God will be an enemy of the world

So - you are saying I cn corroborate all the above statements by reading my bible cover to cover?

But can you let us know how he scored 90%?
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Ivvie: 1:39am On Oct 29, 2007
Well, you are dead wrong.  The simple directive that I gave you (if you wanted to know what I meant) was to go through your bible from the first page to the last excluding the concordance.  I made no statement that you assumed.  I am not assuming anything nor making conclusions. Until you've done that, don't come to any conclusion.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by labiyemmy(m): 1:45am On Oct 29, 2007
@Ivie - anyway - I am only quoting from your previous post where you said 90% of what he said is true. So I take it you dont mean that - thanks.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Ivvie: 1:54am On Oct 29, 2007
@Labi

You are welcome, Man. Have a great evening.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by ricadelide(m): 2:22am On Oct 29, 2007
@Ivvie,
Sincerely, all God wants from your own side is to pray for him in your own innocence.  In your own understanding of what you deem as right and wrong.  That way, God lifts you  up.
Sincerely again, that's not "all God wants from (my) own side". You are not God, so you don't know all God wants. We can know God's mind from the scriptures. Thank God for your ministry of prayer; however, that's not the only ministry. There is also the ministry of the word (Acts. 6:4) - and this ministry involves a lot of things, which include; correcting, rebuking, encouraging, etc all in love. (2Tim. 3;16, 4:2). I have tried to point out to my brother that what he is teaching is false; his statements have been clearly itemized both by me and @labiyemmy, yet as requested you haven't been able to show from the bible that what i am saying is wrong nor that his statements are right. The bible has always been the yardstick, not our own opinion - it hasn't changed. Like i said earlier, if one makes blanket statements and sweeping generalizations such as those, then one must be ready to defend it from the Word. The clear thing the bible tells us to do with regard to false teaching is not to condone it, nor to ignore it, but to confront it (see 1Tim. 1:3, Titus. 1:11 etc). So saying i should ignore and just pray is going against clear scriptural injunctions. If that were the case, what is the purpose of discussion fora such as these? why did Paul have to write the whole book of Galatians - why didn't Paul just pray? (not that he didn't pray, he did (4;19), but that's not all he did - he also spoke ie wrote). In fact, Jesus rebuked the churches in Pergamum and Thyatira for tolerating and holding to false teaching, rather than condemning and exposing them from the word. It is as we "speak the truth in love" that we will grow up into him in all things (Eph. 4:15).

As for the rest of your post, i really don't have anything to say - you are entitled to your convictions, i have no problem with that. It seems you haven't gotten the whole point i've been trying to make: we must quit calling other christians of different persuasion from ours on things the bible does not condemn or from a different congregation as going to hell. The bible is the yardstick for right and wrong. The bible is very clear in the book of Colossians chapter 2. Let me quote from 20 to 23;

"If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as, 21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men? 23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence."

Those "rules of men" based on our understanding (or lack thereof) of right and wrong may be good for some, and may even be a form of consecration as it were, but they have no foundation in the word of God and thus should not be used in labelling others as being on 'the road to perdition'. Cheers.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by ricadelide(m): 2:50am On Oct 29, 2007
7. Whosoever will be a friend of God will be an enemy of the world

Actually @labiyemmy, no 7 in your post is true from the word; the reverse of this post is explicitly stated in James 4:4
"You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."
This latter phrasing is corroborated by 1John 2:15.

The reverse phrasing in the quote can be validly inferred from John 14:18-19 and 17;14. Cheers.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by pilgrim1(f): 3:10am On Oct 29, 2007
He's at it again - making me sign in when I should be busy for part II of my exams!

Oga Rica. . . grin

You don start again O!! Kai! My belle wan burst with laff when I read this one:

(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-66969.0.html#msg1626338)

When I finish, wipe water comot my eye, the only word I could mutter was "awesome".

Well done. cheesy
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by ricadelide(m): 3:28am On Oct 29, 2007
@ First pili grin
abeg no vex. i been wan soft-pedal but my keyboard no gree cheesy

As per the exams, sebi na you? "As thou hath destroyeth part I so shalt thou destroyeth part II" (Rev. 23;1) grin
Easy on bros olabo for the other thread oh. Enjoy smiley
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by pilgrim1(f): 3:47am On Oct 29, 2007
Hehe. . . grin

ricadelide:

@ First pili grin
abeg no vex. i been wan soft-pedal but my keyboard no gree cheesy

That's good! Your keyboard was only in league with my dearest wishes! grin

ricadelide:

As per the exams, sebi na you? "As thou hath destroyeth part I so shalt thou destroyeth part II" (Rev. 23;1) grin

Ah - na God do am for me O! To tell the truth, I wasn't seriously prepared (and went in for it wondering if I go make "average"wink. But I was attending 'extra-mural' to pep up for part II when result reach me say. . . I scatter part I!! grin cheesy

But em. . . part II go hard O! The whole thing sef - na wah! But I need the promotion that badly! cheesy

ricadelide:

Easy on bros olabo for the other thread oh. Enjoy smiley

Lol. . . that uncle no dey hear word! He reminds me of somebody down my street that often. . . em. . !! And that is why I no fit spare uncle Ola sometimes.

But I go try go soft a bit on him.

Enjoy. cheesy

How far with your exams sha? I hope all's going according to His grace O?!
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by ricadelide(m): 4:37am On Oct 29, 2007
pilgrim.1:

That's good! Your keyboard was only in league with my dearest wishes! grin
Kai, no wonder, na you dey remotely control d thing, lol.

Lol. . . that uncle no dey hear word! He reminds me of somebody down my street that often. . . em. . !! And that is why I no fit spare uncle Ola sometimes.

But I go try go soft a bit on him.
Actually as the guy dey follow u about sef u no get choose - he deserves it. The rest of us can just sit back dey gbadun your 'dealings' with our friend.

How far with your exams sha? I hope all's going according to His grace O?!
Actually my exams went just as you described for yours. That's why i'm here gallivanting cheesy. The thing hard for exam hall but sha result na different story. God dey always surprise.
Best wishes with yours - promotion must come, by then we must 'wash' am. Cheers cheesy
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Ivvie: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2007
@Ricade

Leave him alone and pray for him. You cannot change a man's mind. Only God can. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. I don't know what he has said in the past and not ready to care either. I do believe that he is very much inline with God's word. You don't strife with people. From the little I have read on his posts, God is actually stricter than all he has said (though he erred on one of his lines). Jesus warned that except your righteousness surpasses that of the pharises, you won't enter the kingdom of God. The pharisees were righteous, godly and exhibited a high level of holiness - besides their hypocricy. Your goal is to be spotless or have a spotless garment when Christ returns. Show a little compassion and in your right, place your issue against the poster to the throne of grace. That way, it's no longer your problem. You did not die on the cross, Jesus did and it doesn't profit the kingdom of God if it fights each other.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Backslider(m): 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2007
Much as I respect Kumuyi. Anyone can Go to Hell.

When you Change your Natural appearance to that of others you will meet your maker. You may laugh from Argentina to Zimbabwe.

You are forewarned flee sin. Seek Righteousness. You will have your day in Court with God The Judge of all men.

@ Ivie

Men will continue to deform their bodies and they will come back and ask you don't you rubb pomade on your body? You just watch the Church is now corrupting the world. You will soon see Natural moral men saying that the Church has brought evil in the world. Already they are doing it with money.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by Ivvie: 9:15pm On Oct 29, 2007
Backslider:

Much as I respect Kumuyi. Anyone can Go to Hell.

When you Change your Natural appearance to that of others you will meet your maker. You may laugh from Argentina to Zimbabwe.

You are forewarned flee sin. Seek Righteousness. You will have your day in Court with God The Judge of all men.

@ Ivie

Men will continue to deform their bodies and they will come back and ask you don't you rubb pomade on your body? You just watch the Church is now corrupting the world. You will soon see Natural moral men saying that the Church has brought evil in the world. Already they are doing it with money.

There is a scripture for those type of people - every tree my Father has not planted will be rooted out. Those people indeed will be rooted out as scripture dictates. True, decadence'll occur but not from the church.
Re: Who Is Chris Oyakhilome, A Man Of God? by ricadelide(m): 10:12pm On Oct 29, 2007
Ivvie:

@Ricade

Leave him alone and pray for him. You cannot change a man's mind. Only God can. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. I don't know what he has said in the past and not ready to care either.
Erm. . . bros, have you thought of practicing what you preach? Why don't you try leaving me alone and praying for me; since you're demanding i do same. This is a discussion forum, if you post anything, someone else can come and make thier mind known. I've showed you from the WORD that correcting people when they are wrong is required from christians. You haven't been able to show anything as of yet on this thread from the Word - like i've said countless times, we are not kids here that would just swallow what anyone is saying without cross-checking to see if the bible sanctions such. There is really no need for the unfounded condescension. If you have something to back up your claims, we'd gladly listen.
This is an extreme example for the sake of illustration; but if someone were to come here and post that Jesus was a sinner (again just an example); according to you, my responsibility as a christian is to "leave the person and pray for him"? Sorry, that's not what the bible teaches.

I do believe that he is very much inline with God's word.
its really not hard sir. I've asked you many times to please show us how, and as of yet you haven't been able to do so. He made 7 sweeping statements as @labi itemized. I have taken it upon myself to show from the scriptures the one of the seven statements that has a scriptural backing. You haven't shown any. Can you please do so? We don't take people's opinions for God's word - no matter who the person is. Thanks.

You don't strife with people. From the little I have read on his posts, God is actually stricter than all he has said (though he erred on one of his lines).

Lol . . . . bros, i haven't 'striven' with anybody on here. I have only expressed my mind - i did not tell anyone not to express their minds; in case you don't realize, you are the one doing so. You can't just make statements that have no basis and except people to just accept them for whatever reason. I don't claim to know everything - I have learnt a lot from this forum, especially from people who were willing and ready to defend what they have to say from the word. However, the bible does not implore us to be gullible but to rather check things out (Acts. 17:11). You said he only erred in one of his posts - can you show how "90% of what he said is true"? I think it is the reverse and i have shown it.

Jesus warned that except your righteousness surpasses that of the pharises, you won't enter the kingdom of God. The pharisees were righteous, godly and exhibited a high level of holiness - besides their hypocricy.
Bros, don't even go there. I don't want to take you on on this quote for now. Let me spare you. The pharisees were righteous, godly, and holy? Besides their hypocrisy? (Like thier hypocrisy is one small inconsequential issue ehn?) Did you even get the whole point of Jesus's clashes with them? No wonder we are not on the same page. Legalism is a major bane (and unfortunately is still around).

Your goal is to be spotless or have a spotless garment when Christ returns.
Thanks for letting me know my goal. Indeed my goal is to be like him, and as long as my focus is on him the rest will fall in place (Col. 3:1 - 4, 1John 3:2-3) . And like my footnote reads, by His grace i'm on the way to being like him.

Show a little compassion and in your right, place your issue against the poster to the throne of grace. That way, it's no longer your problem.
Thank you. Try practicing what you preach. I have done so. Beyond that, i have also gone further by obeying Prov. 27:5.

You did not die on the cross, Jesus did and it doesn't profit the kingdom of God if it fights each other.
Lol . . . . this is getting tedious. I don't fight people. It does not profit the kingdom if people think that their misinterpretation should be swallowed by the rest of us as the Word of God. Try reading Ephesians 4. That same chapter that talks about the "unity of the spirit" also lets us know that we must "speak the truth in love" - after pointing out that we must not, like children, be blown about by any wind of doctrine (14). Cheers.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley as well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delivered From Ritualists- "Testimony Of How God Saved My Husband" / Is The Black Church All About Titles And Positions? / Amazing Nonsense In Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.