Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo (69426 Views)

I Regret Wearing Bikinis, Nudity – Rihanna / Rihanna "My Mum Told Me That I Am Originally An Igbo Woman" (pics) / Rihanna: My Mom Said I I Am Igbo | Nigeria Should Turn Igboland Into Silicone Va (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by ubee(m): 9:04am On Aug 13, 2021
This is almost certainly falsehood.
Not a single credible news portal carries a report to show that Rihanna said this.
Not even one. No link, no matter how many keywords you link together on google search.
Only a number of obscure news portals in Nigeria, and surprisingly, "The Nation" online. (I didn't know they could be so mediocre)

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by ObaKlaz: 9:04am On Aug 13, 2021
gimakon:
[s]

You are dumb. Igbos and yorubas make up the bajan Language of the West Indies, scattered over Jamaica, Barbados , Grenada and parts of Dominica. According to our older fathers, one of the tribes of Gad abi children were of the Igbo race. Admit you don't know anything and let people teach you than allow hate for a tribe destroy you and the seeds you will have in the long run. your forefathers told you Igbos were the main problem when even Fulani wrecking all the havoc in present day Nigeria, know the slimy tribe is your tribe. Your hate is getting you absolutely no where. You are dumb and a complete failure.
Just day go, I wont respond to you. You are not worth it. You are just a bloody Waste of time. [/s]
Pheeew!
All these insults just to prove ZERO points in the end?! Now, why shouldn't I believe you're miserable in life? It doesn't take much to get you guys emotionally triggered.

Asshole!
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by eldoradoxx: 9:05am On Aug 13, 2021
Majority of the blacks in the continental USA and neighbouring Island nations in the Americas such as Barbados, Bahamas etc are from Nigeria. The transatlantic slave trade thrived very well around the Bights of Biafra which is today's East and South South Region of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by velocity25(m): 9:05am On Aug 13, 2021
Why hate
Igbo amaka

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Kewellbanks: 9:07am On Aug 13, 2021
How will this add to the change we clamoured for? Mtchew
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by AchalugoNwa(f): 9:09am On Aug 13, 2021
Fahdiga:
Chai. Imagine how Thatfairguy1 a 47 year old man is disgracing himself because of puna. I don't know why yoromuslims are always sex freaks. Nne don't stoop so low to accept Thatfairguy1. Both him and his buddy Mono can't afford you. I'm ashamed for both of them
Monogamy won't let me rest too

if I send you screenshot of his pm you'll shake head

he's pestering gandollar too

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Laslaslala: 9:15am On Aug 13, 2021
ObaKlaz:
From being Israelis to bringing development to Barbados.

Odiegwu!
Shut ur Nyash

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Okoyouth: 9:18am On Aug 13, 2021
Igbo amaka

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2021
igbo kwenu!!

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by TheKingIsHere: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2021
Nowenuse:
Does this mean Rihanna is Igbo? grin

After 3 years, your answer is on this thread

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by dmbb: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2021
Investigative:

Igbo are also in babarbados
The slave island
Nee braithwithe
Like igbo refer to their old mum
https://www.nairaland.com/4369961/barbados-overwhelmingly-igbo
You mean Igbo are slaves
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Laslaslala: 9:22am On Aug 13, 2021
barragan:

Funny people, the person you're quoting is also one of you. I swear you people are clowns.
You are d real demented bile clown
One of our own kii u there
When a soul among ur clan has allowed himself to be sold out it means he has become a goat in d midst of sheep it also means he can
betray u, sell u out to the enemies or even kill u

That is how Judas killed Jesus," the enemy of a man shall b a member of his household"
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by ObaKlaz: 9:22am On Aug 13, 2021
gimakon:

My momma is an idiot, a useless bastard.
She's a useless good for nothing thot.
I agree with you, boy. cheesy grin
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by ObaKlaz: 9:24am On Aug 13, 2021
Laslaslala:
Shut ur Nyash
Have a nice day.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Newton85: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2021
Princedapace:

Oga, it is so because I don't understand why a simple news like this brought up mumu talks from some people. Some even insulted igbos over this news. This makes no sense at all.
People have the right to ask questions. So many fake news abound on the net. Putting words into the mouth of popular figures is very common around here. From my own end, can you please show me where and when Rihanna made this interview? Who interviewed her? Any reputable source?
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by philips007(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2021
Igbo is spoken in southern Nigeria, Kogi, Benue, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon, Haiti,Barbados, Belize, Trinidad and Tobago, it also supplied a large chunk of words to the Jamaican Patois.

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by AreaFada2: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2021
Bia Riri Nwam, biko relocate to 9ja sharp sharp. Ofe Owerri and correct akpu will make that ya complexion even more fantabulous. grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by ThatFairGuy1: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2021
We DO NOT PRACTICE HOMOSEXUALISM IN YORUBALAND NEITHER DO WE DO IN ISLAM
Fahdiga:
Chai. Imagine how Thatfairguy1 a 47 year old man is disgracing himself because of puna. I don't know why yoromuslims are always sex freaks. Nne don't stoop so low to accept Thatfairguy1. Both him and his buddy Mono can't afford you. I'm ashamed for both of them
AchalugoNwa:
thatfairguy1 has been begging me on pm for hookup but I made it clear to him that I'm not cheap.
I used to like him till I discovered that he's a yeroba Muslim and I don't do Allakuba people angry

since then he has been disturbing me trolling me

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Laslaslala: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2021
dmbb:

You mean Igbo are slaves
The Israelites were slave to wicked Egypt but at d appointed time ,what happened

Where can u compare Israel with Egypt of today
The Jews are practically the richest group on earth today

Find another USELESS THING to say not something as useless as u

3 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by seunfape(m): 9:29am On Aug 13, 2021
Ibos like accommodating good things
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Laslaslala: 9:29am On Aug 13, 2021
If u ask them thell say it is dot in a CIRCLE
The most useless big for nothing circle
Let them keep deceiving themselves
Im a proud DOT BOY

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Newton85: 9:30am On Aug 13, 2021
CSTRR:

You are a clown.
A brainless hating clown.

Rihanna being igbo will add nothing to anybody's account.

But there is a chance of that being true.
If fons and ewes were also taken there, how does that invalidate the fact that Rihanna could be Igbo, you incoherent sub-humanoid?
Do you know the scale of slave trade that went on in the Calabar coast?

She could be fons or ewe but she can't be of Igbo heritage?
Is that how your hateful, clownish mind work?

If T.D Jakes could trace his Igbo ancestry to Nigeria, so what is so special about Rihanna's DNA?

You are very lucky you are not on Twitter.
That your mouth wey sharp, I for help you tame am.

Hateful bonobo.
Dear chestbeating IPOB cretin, can you just show me where and when Rihanna granted such interview? Who did she grant such an interview? Stupid people putting words into the mouth of popular figures in order to come chestbeat. The delusional slowpoke is even threatening to tame my mouth on Twitter, as if his irrelevant ancestors from Arochukwu or Onitsha created Twitter. Why not tame my mouth here on Nairaland? Monumental werey!
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Toscarel: 9:31am On Aug 13, 2021
Monogamy:
Hahahah..

Why are this people like this?

Rihanna's mum is from Barbados.. How is Barbados related to Igbo.

Btw, why not show us Rihanna's tweets

Inferiority complex na real bad disorder aswear

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by ostartruth: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2021
if HUSHPUPPI says now that his father is from Igbo, they will stone us, blackmail us, and throw all manners of aspersions on us.

"MY MUM TOLD ME I AM IGBO".

The envy crew has arrived.

IGBO AMAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Newton85: 9:33am On Aug 13, 2021
EmmyCC:

You have a phone with internet access right? Use Google and get cleared, this news have been reported by most reputable media outlets (The verified Nations Newspaper handle was quoted above). Bro no go choke oh she talk am be say she talk am.
Oga, who did she grant the interview? All we can read here is just "in a recent interview." No mention of when and where she granted the interview or who she granted such interview. The very hallmark of FAKE NEWS.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by generalwo(m): 9:34am On Aug 13, 2021
Investigative:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/im-originally-igbo-says-rihanna/amp/
.... Soon people will begin to celebrate Rihanna being an igbo woman.... As if na one kind achievement..... Rihanna na one of my best artists but the way this news go take fly dey irritating somehow.... Na now u go begin see igbo Amaka all over naira land like say na them give her name... Meanwhile Evans na igbo man too..... Nobody dey shout igbo Amaka follow am..... It is well....
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by generalwo(m): 9:37am On Aug 13, 2021
Investigative:

Igbo hatred will lead you no where than premature death
.... Wishing him premature death because if a comment and his own opinion makes me want to believe you hold the key to eternal life..... Don't forget, you may die before those you wish premature death.... This is a social media space... Everyone has the right to air his or her opinion.... Don't wish people death for what or how they think or feel... When u point one finger at someone... Don't forget, the other 4 of your fingers are pointing right back at you
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by AchalugoNwa(f): 9:38am On Aug 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
We DO NOT PRACTICE HOMOSEXUALISM IN YORUBALAND NEITHER DO WE DO IN ISLAM
learn how to talk to a lady like me

learn how to toast

trolling can never win a ladies heart
you can never troll me into accepting you

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Newton85: 9:39am On Aug 13, 2021
It is very glaring that this is another despicable fake news made up by some people to chestbeat. No link and no source. No mention of where and when she granted such interview too. All one can see is just some nonsensical "in a recent interview" hogwash being disseminated by some ragtag blogs in Nigeria. And some clowns want us to gullibly gulp it hook, line, and sinker in order not to risk being accused of some nonsensical "Igbo hatred." Bunch of fake news peddling and loving fools!
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by olisaEze(m): 9:43am On Aug 13, 2021
No wonder she looks like Chidinma the slasher. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mike Ezuruonye, Nkem Owoh & Zoro Drinking Beer In Public Bar. PICS / Burna Boy Buys Rolls Royce As Christmas Gift (Video) / Linda Ikeji Launches New Website's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.