Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,269 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo (69375 Views)

I Regret Wearing Bikinis, Nudity – Rihanna / Rihanna "My Mum Told Me That I Am Originally An Igbo Woman" (pics) / Rihanna: My Mom Said I I Am Igbo | Nigeria Should Turn Igboland Into Silicone Va (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Mummyimbecile(m): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2021
Monogamy:
Hahahah..

Why are this people like this?

Rihanna's mum is from Barbados.. How is Barbados related to Igbo.

Btw, why not show us Rihanna's tweets

Inferiority complex na real bad disorder aswear
if she had said she was from your Brown roof republic, you won't be asking for tweets to validate it... Envy no good oo..

Igbo Amaka!

3 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Totilopussylick(m): 11:10am On Aug 13, 2021
Generalwoodz:
RiRi , I am Amadi, the son of Maazi Okafor your Igbo brother. Our village is deep in the Hinterlands. The villagers miss you dearly, your uncle's and aunties can't wait to see you... Maazi Okonkwo the Palm wine tapper has offered to give two big pot of fresh palm wine if you visit us this Xmas...RiRi, you'll def like it.

I know one-day you'll make a U-turn and search for your true roots.
I have been praying for the day, when you come to my village in Nsukka, I'd then take your hands, and we go to the market and I buy hot Okpa for you... In the evening, We'd eat AKPU and ofe ONUGBU together... Riri, I want to hold your hands and look deep into eyes and say, "Nwanyi oma" take me to "America when next you're going back"...Any DON JAZZY that comes close to you would be arrested by Abba KYARI'

Since nobody has said lemme Shout it Igbo Amaka
Omo you get time ooo.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Shalommy(f): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2021
Everyone claiming naija. Chaii.. I no go japa again.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Guardiola84: 11:26am On Aug 13, 2021
Investigative:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/im-originally-igbo-says-rihanna/amp/

Don jazzy u see your life? Your dreams don d come true ooo,my guy stop dulling n shoot your shot na, keep your hands straight n shot ,I see rihana walking down d aisle with u in future but for now continue d masturbate with her pix na wetin fit u now��
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by CaptainDo: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2021
Monogamy:
Hahahah..

Has it gotten to this? You are crying out pool of blood just because the innocent girl said she is of Igbo origin. Chai! Hatred is a bitch. No let Igbo case give you a chronic High BP.

3 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by EndBuhariNow(m): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2021
Children of waste region will cry to bed this evening

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by bewla(m): 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2021
Totilopussylick:
Igbo Amaka.
Oyinyechi.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
Monogamy:

All liars shall rot in hell fire.

I dare you to post the screenshot..
so that I'll break rule 10 and you'll report me to the mods
nooooo
your plan will not work tongue
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Dbb01(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
Lol...when are now coming back to Nigeria
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by stagger: 12:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
Silentgroper:
One of my sec school classmate surname is cole. Me was like, how come? . The bro was a conc yoruba boy oo. Yeah. So we later got to understand say one of d whitey 4rm d slavery days gbensh one of his great grandma nd gave her d name. So d great grandma hung to d name like a trophy.

Astrodome was right wen he said yorubas nd igbos were d one that made up the masses of slaves back then and most got exported.

But one thing makes me cringe. How come d hausas were nt slaves? . Did they sell us out.

They had no access to the waters of the Atlantic. Hence, theirs was the trans-Saharan slave trade (not trans-Atlantic that affected southerners). This is why some Arab countries also have black people. I have met a Saudi black in the embassy at Abuja. Go to Oman, Qatar, etc. There are blacks there and they are of Northern origin (not just Nigeria, but Mali, Niger, etc).

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Silentgroper(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
stagger:

They had no access to the waters of the Atlantic. Hence, theirs was the trans-Saharan slave trade (not trans-Atlantic that affected southerners). This is why some Arab countries also have black people. I have met a Saudi black in the embassy at Abuja. Go to Oman, Qatar, etc. There are blacks there and they are of Northern origin (not just Nigeria, but Mali, Niger, etc).
Oh!
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Celense(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
Who's that on your dp?
ThickSharon123:
I knew she was Igbo since she began singing. The looks can't be denied oooo grin kiss
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by bigcasava1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
Ah! Rihanna they ur comment go increase the hatred for us oo!
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by bigcasava1(m): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
God bless the Igbo race

I've made my research and she truly admitted being Igbo.

Igbo Amaka Truly.
you don't have work.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by bigcasava1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2021
Investigative:

Igbo are also in babarbados
The slave island
Nee braithwithe
Like igbo refer to their old mum
https://www.nairaland.com/4369961/barbados-overwhelmingly-igbo
pls live them make frustration kill them

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by bigcasava1(m): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2021
Monogamy:
Hahahah..

I don't see any reason why this is really giving you headache.

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Abagworo(m): 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
Since almost every tribe claims to have sold Igbos as slaves to Europeans few centuries ago then there is likelihood of having more Igbo overseas Africans than any other group. Many of them escaped slave ships and founded new settlements in the Caribbean while others either died from self drowning or were tied and forced into farms in America as slaves. I had a friend from Suriname whose family still tell stories of their escape with pride. They consist of people kidnapped on Igboland by agents of Slave traders but managed to escape and establish a new settlement.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Belafonte(m): 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
Wait, I thought "my mama tell me say I be igbo" was an insult? What changed? grin
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Lucas4903: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

Oga stop Hating grin

There is no hating. The news is fake as it is. It doesn't add anything to anyone even if she was Ibo. But no mainstream media has the news only Nigerian Bloggers and carried by major newspapers which is a shame in itself. The news is fake as it is. I am Ibo and one with his brain intact and not washed by all manners of ibo-supporting news. Let's be smarter than this.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Yankee101: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2021
Igbo men don go Barbados go do development
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Awise09(m): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
So that now Donjazzy can hustle her the more, OK o
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Vitally123: 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
Then come home gal! Not in doubt, she has every look of the Igbo woman plus the enterprising spirit of the Igbo. Time will tell; good luck gal!

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Timetravel88: 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
Lemmy123:
Read this news earlier.. I'm surprised tho.. Because all along when her colleagues were identifying with Nigeria, she never mentioned it.. Good she knows her root.

Meanwhile..
Anyone here who has a job for me should please reach out to me.
I studied economics, rounded up NYSC last year but yet to land a job no matter how hard I try.

She is not identifying with Nigeria, she identified with the Igbos.
Learn the difference and know peace

My skill sets are
Writing (Creative and content writing)
Copywriting
A bit of graphics (Cartooning and logos)
Proofreading.

My number is on my signature
My location is Abuja

I'd really appreciate whether the job is online or offline. Thank you all
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by ThatFairGuy1: 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
A whole Mr Canceller running after adadike is now a lady. Are you a lesbian? Or if you're a gay, go seduce your fellow gay, Fahdiga
AchalugoNwa:
learn how to talk to a lady like me

learn how to toast

trolling can never win a ladies heart
you can never troll me into accepting you
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Saintfrancis82(m): 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2021
Okay ooooo, my sister
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by charleoj(m): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2021
What shall we name her then? Nkechi, sounds nice

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
ObaKlaz:
From being Israelis to bringing development to Barbados.

Odiegwu!
You sound really pained grin

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by patomberekpe(m): 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
You know the other day ESPN presenter Steven A was talking trash about Nigerian native names making fun of it, then I asked myself Steven A ,your a Black Man claiming your hometown Is NEW York! Blacks are from African countries, You black Americans claiming to come From Miami,California etc are all in denial,Is better You start locating were You come From AKON could have claimed to come From NEW Jersey,But he realized he come From senegal.

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by OdokoTobou3(m): 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
igbos and unity begging is 5&6....... soon they will also claimed that all americans are igbo because they already claimed fully white man donald trump as igbo man and the name okechukwu...
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by OdokoTobou3(m): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2021
just do some thing and be great igbos will claimed you..... immidiately ipob heard that rihana is now one of the richest musician they claimed her....... rihana will not happy if she heard this
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by ThickSharon123(f): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Will you keep quiet

Excuse me? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa's Darker Neck To Banky W & Adesua Etomi's Wedding Got Fans Talking / Cherubim & Seraphim Church Honors DonJazzy (Photos) / Mike Ezuruonye, Nkem Owoh & Zoro Drinking Beer In Public Bar. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.