Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo (69361 Views)

I Regret Wearing Bikinis, Nudity – Rihanna / Rihanna "My Mum Told Me That I Am Originally An Igbo Woman" (pics) / Rihanna: My Mom Said I I Am Igbo | Nigeria Should Turn Igboland Into Silicone Va (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by lanocfoods: 9:43am On Aug 13, 2021
That will explain her wealth, Igbos are blessed with the spirit of money making. Ada Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by kense88: 9:50am On Aug 13, 2021
Investigative:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/im-originally-igbo-says-rihanna/amp/
of course, we know this even before the news. She is a proud biafran

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Blackdisciple(m): 9:51am On Aug 13, 2021
Its not surprising tho.

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by kingolu1(m): 9:51am On Aug 13, 2021
Rights from on set Igbo has always been betraying themselves, all because of money, there fore father sold them to slave master all because of money, If you check the history of slaves trade in Nigeria, most especially west Africa, IGBO tribe were the highest in terms of slavery. The white were able to deceive them because of their system of ruling. Only the rich family is allowed to sit in the council meeting. Once you don't have a big farm, you have any influence. That is why it so difficult for the white to enslave the southwest and the North.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by infogeneral: 9:53am On Aug 13, 2021
It's true, Rihanna is Igbo. It's also true, ESN is unknown gun men in the south east.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Maj196(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2021
She try tongue
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by gforce5: 9:56am On Aug 13, 2021
This thread has proven once and for all that most people people on this forum are tribalistic illiterates. I am not igbo but if she actually said that her mum told her that she's igbo why doubt it? All black diasporians are descended from Africa. Most of the descendants of slaves were taken from present day Nigeria, Ghana, Gabon, Sierra Leon, Gambia and Angola. It is a well-known fact that majority of blacks in Brazil and Cuba are yoruba descendants. Blacks from quite a few caribbean countries such as Haiti, Bahamas and others are descendants from the Igbo tribe. If her mother did a DNA test and the result of that test confirmed that she's igbo, why dismiss it? It is a shame that history is not taught in Nigerian schools.

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by stagger: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2021
A lot of Barbadians are of Igbo origin. It is a known historical fact.

Same way a lot of Yorubas ended up in Latin America. Check the black-skinned Brazilians and all...they are mostly of Yoruba origin.

Even the word "Lagos" is a Portuguese word. Where do you think all the da Silvas in Lagos and co got their names from?

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by rita25(f): 9:59am On Aug 13, 2021
DON JAZZY NOW U CAN SHOOT UR SHOT........RIHANA IS AN IPOBIAN

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Ewedegubbler: 10:04am On Aug 13, 2021
FFK food is ready. Femi over to you. start singing her praises and writing poems about her... maybe she go come give u one round for dream
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by gazza07(m): 10:05am On Aug 13, 2021
Igbo amaka

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Ewedegubbler: 10:07am On Aug 13, 2021
kingolu1:
Rights from on set Igbo has always been betraying themselves, all because of money, there fore father sold them to slave master all because of money, If you check the history of slaves trade in Nigeria, most especially west Africa, IGBO tribe were the highest in terms of slavery. The white were able to deceive them because of their system of ruling. Only the rich family is allowed to sit in the council meeting. Once you don't have a big farm, you have any influence. That is why it so difficult for the white to enslave the southwest and the North.

The same way Tinubu betrayed Abiola and is now slaving and licking Buharis dross. meanwhile, you are hiding in your hut in Ogbomosho with bags of dirty jazz and human skull praying to be another Tinubu..

May satan put some sense in your anus that u call head

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by REALretep(m): 10:08am On Aug 13, 2021
Ok naa
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by sylve11: 10:08am On Aug 13, 2021
Uchasa:

Until he says so. Not all Brazilians are of Yoruba or Kongo descent. Moreover, Neymar is mixed breed, he has European ancestors.

asian ancestors as well...... cool
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Fahdiga(m): 10:09am On Aug 13, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
Monogamy won't let me rest too

if I send you screenshot of his pm you'll shake head

he's pestering gandollar too
I've given up on that guy since his case is beyond redemption. Only God can save him from excessive konji. Gandollar also told me the same thing. That guy might be a rapist from the way he behaves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Fahdiga(m): 10:12am On Aug 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
We DO NOT PRACTICE HOMOSEXUALISM IN YORUBALAND NEITHER DO WE DO IN ISLAM
Oga leave the beautiful lady alone. How many times will I have to warn you. She says she doesn't like you and you are too low for her why don't you move on and find your level. Abi na by force. I just pity the women around you

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by sylve11: 10:14am On Aug 13, 2021
meobizy:
Majority of the Caribbeans are aware of their ancestral lineage. She’s likely correct. I don’t know why she chose to broadcast it now. The thing I find the most funny is Nigerian guys impregnating island girls and acting like the child will come out looking exotic. My friend, that female is from any other West African country in origin. Na pikin wey resemble you go fall out.

hahaha grin cool
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Luvhunta(f): 10:16am On Aug 13, 2021
Rihannaya grin

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Flytime: 10:17am On Aug 13, 2021
traihit:

The question we should be asking is "how does the Igboness of Rihanna translates Igboland into the glory it ought to be? How does it improve the lives of all Igbos suffering in this perilous country?".

If we can't answer the questions, it's a waste of time proving or disproving the Igboness of Rihanna.
her being Igbo doesn’t make her Nigerian,that’s what people don’t realize

She may have roots to Nigeria but she isn’t Nigerian
It's just like most americans having roots to the uk but they aren't british
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by King44(m): 10:27am On Aug 13, 2021
It's a lie, no credible source
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Silentgroper(m): 10:28am On Aug 13, 2021
One of my sec school classmate surname is cole. Me was like, how come? . The bro was a conc yoruba boy oo. Yeah. So we later got to understand say one of d whitey 4rm d slavery days gbensh one of his great grandma nd gave her d name. So d great grandma hung to d name like a trophy.

Astrodome was right wen he said yorubas nd igbos were d one that made up the masses of slaves back then and most got exported.

But one thing makes me cringe. How come d hausas were nt slaves? . Did they sell us out.

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Monogamy: 10:29am On Aug 13, 2021
AchalugoNwa:

All liars shall rot in hell fire.

I dare you to post the screenshot..
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by dmbb: 10:31am On Aug 13, 2021
Laslaslala:

The Israelites were slave to wicked Egypt but at d appointed time ,what happened

Where can u compare Israel with Egypt of today
The Jews are practically the richest group on earth today

Find another USELESS THING to say not something as useless as u
Once a slave is always a slave. The Jews that the Nigerian government molested and nothing happened? grin
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Collins4u1(m): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by NoFucksToGive: 10:35am On Aug 13, 2021
Monogamy:

All liars shall rot in hell fire.

I dare you to post the screenshot..

AchalugoNwa:

Abeg post am make see laugh... No wonder they guy doesn't have a job. I thought as much

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Psalmistproject: 10:36am On Aug 13, 2021
ThickSharon123:

grin follow me...so you're here grin grin. I saw it online, it's true, so no need to be angry, okay. grin grin

And Abakaliki women are fine, what do you mean. I guess you're right. She may be from there, who knows. But she's Igbo that's all that counts. grin grin
If I catch una!
Yes abakiliki women fyn but haba not like Rihanna. You know what I mean.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Psalmistproject: 10:44am On Aug 13, 2021
traihit:

The question we should be asking is "how does the Igboness ofwi Rihanna translates Igboland into the glory it ought to be? How does it improve the lives of all Igbos suffering in this perilous country?".

If we can't answer the questions, it's a waste of time proving or disproving the Igboness of Rihanna.

Well, knowing that everyone in your family above 40yrs made it despite the challenges they went through will give you great encouragement that you have that blood line of blessings despite the hard times you are going through.

To me as an igbo man, it makes me believe I can achieve my dreams no matter how things are now. Because our God is really alive in everyone of us.
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by traihit: 10:47am On Aug 13, 2021
Flytime:
her being Igbo doesn’t make her Nigerian,that’s what people don’t realize

She may have roots to Nigeria but she isn’t Nigerian

I actually posted that comment because it seems the major tribes in Nigeria (Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa) derive pleasure in projecting personalities to themselves just to prove superiority to other tribes instead of the three of them working to make Nigeria work for them.

Affirmatively, I've been receiving insults in my mention which confirms my initial belief.

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Emyogalanya: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2021
It's true. Her name is anglicized form of ahanna. Igbos like Mtn everywhere you go

1 Like

Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by FORWARDEVERLY: 10:59am On Aug 13, 2021
No wonder you are the feminist cheerleader..
Re: Rihanna: My Mum Told Me I Am Igbo by Tenrytega: 11:00am On Aug 13, 2021
Igbo Amaka, omalichanwa
Aright guys, see what i found and its 100% legit check it out.

This free video reveals how young Nigerians are earning as high as N435,436 per month from Bet 9ja, Nairabet & other Sports betting companies without placing a single bet or owning a betting shop!"
https:///lrkoh8

Its yet another beginning of the top leagues in Europe , guess you must be tired of wasting your money on betting sites. Trust me, I was once like you until I discovered an easier way to make money from these betting companies without placing a single bet. Watch this video to learn how.
https:///lrkoh8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa's Darker Neck To Banky W & Adesua Etomi's Wedding Got Fans Talking / Mike Ezuruonye, Nkem Owoh & Zoro Drinking Beer In Public Bar. PICS / Cherubim & Seraphim Church Honors DonJazzy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.