Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles (9275 Views)

Astonishing Picture Of Incoming President Tinubu (photo) / Pyramids Built By Ancient IGBO... / The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Is this why Fulani chased you out of Ilorin??
Fulani never chased Yoruba out of Ilorin,Yoruba Muslims decided they want a religious leader to lead them who happened to be a Fulani, exact same thing that happened to Hausa kingdoms.Most of the fighters were not even Fulanis.
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by DoggoneDogg: 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
[s]
HedwigesMaduro:

Yorubas built a great empire. We had hausa, nupe and other slaves in our domain. Ilorin was lost due to a revolt by a Yoruba general. I know as a Igbo you don't know history since you don't have history. All these were happening while your flat headed ancestors were wearing palm fronds and dropping from palm trees (in between being raided for slaves by Niger Delta tribes). You suck on that you ignorant bum from a clan of no history.
Ibrahimmrfish:

Fulani never chased Yoruba out of Ilorin,Yoruba Muslims decided they want a religious leader to lead them who happened to be a Fulani, exact same thing that happened to Hausa kingdoms.Most of the fighters were not even Fulanis.
[/s]

Where is the Oba of Ilorin??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
DabuIIIT:

They ain't proud but they want a nation of their own...what you gotta say about that?

I hold them by the balls and dare them to secede. I'm the owner of the zoo and the baboons will do as I say.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by DabuIIIT: 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
SlyDev:

I hold them by the balls and dare them to secede. I'm the owner of the zoo and the baboons will do as I say.

You see lols!!!!!!
You zmbs simply can't do without the Igbos,no way.

I'm a proud Niger Deltan n truth is, without those Igbos guys,you kaboki lechsss are arid..n without us Niger Deltans,Una don quench patapata
Truth will always come out grin
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by lifeisgood12: 2:34am On Aug 14, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Oyibos noted the fact that Igbos were lighter than Yorubas and other Africans.

It is difficult to determine the complexion of someone from those ancient black and white cameras, but one obvious fact is that they are all much fairer than their hair
igbos arent even close to being the lightest.

1 Like

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by lifeisgood12: 2:36am On Aug 14, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Igbos are by far, academically more intelligent that Fulanis and Zulus.

Igbos are also not darker than the tribes you mentioned. And some Igbos have hazel eyes. Fulanis and Zulus don't normally have hazel eyes, unless they are faking it with contact lenses.
https://howafrica.com/meet-aissatou-sabaly-the-senegalese-lady-with-an-incredible-hazel-eyes/
lol you cant generalize all fulanis cause you havent seen most of them
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by lifeisgood12: 2:41am On Aug 14, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Shagari, Monguno, Ahmadu Bello and the rest are also dark-skinned, yet they are Fulanis. So you conveniently forgot about them. I have seen a huge number of Fulani cattle herders and they are generally darker than Igbos. Their darkness even approaches the Yoruba shade.
In fact, I can't even remember seeing any Fulani cattle herder that is lighter than me, and I am not really fair. I have perhaps the same complexion as Peter Obi.

You guys never believed Precious Chikwendu was naturally fair-skinned until she started having fair-skinned boys for FFK.

There is a reason whites of 1600s and 1700s coined the term Red-Eboe, clearly to denote the fairer skinned Igbos, when compared to the generally very dark-skinned Yorubas and other sub-saharan Africans
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua is a fulani yet has a light complexion. Same goes to buhari and aisha. Shagari was still a little bit fair. You also have to acknowledge environment plays a huge role. Most of these people u mentioned live along the sahel line which makes their skin darker. Look at the north african tuaregs and how their skin evolved to a darker complexion after living in the sahara for years.
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by lifeisgood12: 2:44am On Aug 14, 2021
Newton85:
Oga, no need for the long, boring epistle. There's no ethnic group in Southern Nigeria (at least) that doesn't have light skinned people. Some just have more light skinned people than the other. Many Fulanis are so lightskinned they could be mistaken for North Africans. Infact, their features and light skin has led many anthropologists to posit that Fulanis could be mixed descendants of Amazigh (Berber) people of Northern Africa and some negroes. That Fulanis have more light skinned people than Igbos isn't even debatable, same way Igbos having more light skinned people than pretty much every group in Southern Nigeria isn't debatable. But that still doesn't detract from the fact that Igbos are a predominantly dark skinned people. Show me any picture of a large concentration of Igbo people and let's see these "predominantly light skinned" Igbos. Lastly, I'm a very proud dark skinned African man, there's nothing to be ashamed of. It's you that should stop being ashamed of your dark skinned Igbo ancestors.
You are actually right bro. Fulanis are a product of mixing a niger-congo group(senegalese) and north african(most likely tuaregs).
Source: https://bmcgenomics.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12864-019-6296-7
https://www.reddit.com/r/23andme/comments/f8zhd9/fulanitoucouleur_from_senegal_and_mauritania/
https://www.reddit.com/r/23andme/comments/jh7zek/updated_results_fulani_parents_from_mauritania/
https://www.reddit.com/r/23andme/comments/mjf9fi/fulani_for_senegal_so_i_did_both_ancestry_and/

1 Like

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by OfoIgbo: 4:11am On Aug 14, 2021
lifeisgood12:

Umaru Musa Yar'Adua is a fulani yet has a light complexion. Same goes to buhari and aisha. Shagari was still a little bit fair. You also have to acknowledge environment plays a huge role. Most of these people u mentioned live along the sahel line which makes their skin darker. Look at the north african tuaregs and how their skin evolved to a darker complexion after living in the sahara for years.

Buhari is not fairer than Ngige and is not significantly fairer than Onyeama some of his Igbo ministers. And the funny thing is that we see these Igbo ministers as dark in Igboland.

Now Berbers also dwell in the Sahel region and are significantly fairer than Fulanis.
Fulanis were slaves also, yet the appellation RED was reserved for Igbos.
Igbos have always been fair without mixing with a lighter skinned tribe. Fulanis mixed with Arabs and Berbers to achieve their complexion, and yet, it cannot be said that they are lighter than igbos
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by stonemasonn: 4:17am On Aug 14, 2021
Kennyking1234:
I am a young Igbo guy. After much research I discovered the hair styles of my ancestors. Its amazing how most Igbo elders ain't aware of this and would force one to barb his hair.

Notice how full their hair is. Am guessing they have several techniques for managing their which should be extinct by now

Something tells me what we practise as Igbo culture today isn't what this guys practised. The culture has been bastardized

Look at them arguing about light skin and dark skin, I swear theirs no hope.

And one would expect intellectual discussions on this thread but just look at... So many Dumbo's with their e-tribal war...
Christianity happened.
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by OfoIgbo: 4:18am On Aug 14, 2021
lifeisgood12:

https://howafrica.com/meet-aissatou-sabaly-the-senegalese-lady-with-an-incredible-hazel-eyes/

So you had to travel all the way to Senegal to find a hazel eyed Fulani. I am sure by the time I travel to Togo, I will also find a hazel eyed Yoruba.
But in my own extended family, I have about 6 or 7 hazel eyed people,and they are completely Igbo, with no blood infusion from any fairer tribe for the past traceable 300 years
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by lifeisgood12: 4:45am On Aug 14, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Buhari is not fairer than Ngige and is not significantly fairer than Onyeama some of his Igbo ministers. And the funny thing is that we see these Igbo ministers as dark in Igboland.

Now Berbers also dwell in the Sahel region and are significantly fairer than Fulanis.
Fulanis were slaves also, yet the appellation RED was reserved for Igbos.
Igbos have always been fair without mixing with a lighter skinned tribe. Fulanis mixed with Arabs and Berbers to achieve their complexion, and yet, it cannot be said that they are lighter than igbos
Buhari is almost close to ngiges skin complexion. Like i also said earlier, environment plays a huge role. Look at senegalese/malians/chadians alot of them are very dark skinned due to living near the sahara and uv rays. Buahri sef isnt even a full breed fulani, his mother is hauss/kanuri. Fulanis were barely represented in the trans atlantic slave trade compared to igbos. tuaregs have been in the sahel for over 1000 years. North africans and middle eastern populations have always been lighter than other africans. I cant even generalize all tuaregs, the ones in west africa have niger congo admixture compared to their counterparts in libya . Darker skin is found in indigenous populations nearer to the equator. Lighter skin is found in indigenous populations further from the equator. North african is further from the equator compared to other sub-saharan africans hence lighter skin tone.

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by lifeisgood12: 4:52am On Aug 14, 2021
OfoIgbo:

So you had to travel all the way to Senegal to find a hazel eyed Fulani. I am sure by the time I travel to Togo, I will also find a hazel eyed Yoruba.
But in my own extended family, I have about 6 or 7 hazel eyed people,and they are completely Igbo, with no blood infusion from any fairer tribe for the past traceable 300 years
Anyone can have hazel eyes or even blue eyes. Rendille people for example are known for their blue eyes. If you have it then good for you.
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by oyatz(m): 5:59am On Aug 14, 2021
greymiles:
Igbos are way far ahead of yorubas from time

Look at the people in the backgrounds of the middle left and middle top pictures, they were naked and only covered their private parts with leaves.
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by oyatz(m): 6:07am On Aug 14, 2021
Kennyking1234:
cause it took so much time for the camera to take and process the pictures. This was in 1930's and 1940's

So these people were still walking about naked as recent as the 1930s?

1 Like

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by oyatz(m): 6:14am On Aug 14, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Igbos are by far, academically more intelligent that Fulanis and Zulus.

Igbos are also not darker than the tribes you mentioned. And some Igbos have hazel eyes. Fulanis and Zulus don't normally have hazel eyes, unless they are faking it with contact lenses.

No tribe is more academically intelligent than another tribe but one individual may be be more intelligent than another individual.
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by tamdun: 6:36am On Aug 14, 2021
earthsync:

They all look dark skinned undecided
Colonial masters impregnated many Igbo women, that's why u see fair people amongst them today, if u doubt me tell them to present ancient photo of Igbo with light skin
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by tamdun: 6:41am On Aug 14, 2021
DabuIIIT:

You see a pic of how many people and a pic in black and White and you are still telling the world how much wisdom you have!!!!
Even with black and white pictures,i can still identify light skin people,abi u need glasses ni

1 Like

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by DabuIIIT: 6:44am On Aug 14, 2021
tamdun:

Even with black and white pictures,i can still identify light skin people,abi u need glasses ni

Just see how your moniker sounds!!!!
No wonder!! grin
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by tamdun: 6:48am On Aug 14, 2021
greymiles:
Igbos are way far ahead of yorubas from time
Show me any picture of precolonial yoruba that dress naked,like d pics below, ur people were ahead of Yoruba and yet they walk naked

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by tamdun: 6:49am On Aug 14, 2021
DabuIIIT:

Big f... @40. grin
U no say na tru I tell you, if u can identify oyinbo from black and White pic,why can't u identify light skin Igbos?
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by OfoIgbo: 7:09am On Aug 14, 2021
lifeisgood12:

Yearly WAEC results reveal a lot. Northern states aren't exactly blazing an academic trail. In other nations where Fulanis are indigenous,. I'm unaware of their academic exploits in those climes also.

But Igbos as a group are highly represented in academic excellence list both here in Nigeria and abroad
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by OfoIgbo: 7:13am On Aug 14, 2021
lifeisgood12:

Buhari is almost close to ngiges skin complexion. Like i also said earlier, environment plays a huge role. Look at senegalese/malians/chadians alot of them are very dark skinned due to living near the sahara and uv rays. Buahri sef isnt even a full breed fulani, his mother is hauss/kanuri. Fulanis were barely represented in the trans atlantic slave trade compared to igbos. tuaregs have been in the sahel for over 1000 years. North africans and middle eastern populations have always been lighter than other africans. I cant even generalize all tuaregs, the ones in west africa have niger congo admixture compared to their counterparts in libya . Darker skin is found in indigenous populations nearer to the equator. Lighter skin is found in indigenous populations further from the equator. North african is further from the equator compared to other sub-saharan africans hence lighter skin tone.

You and I well know that Igbos are the fairest in the band Igbos are in.

Igbos are generally fairer than Edo, Yoruba, Benin Republic, Togolese and Ghanaian ethnic groups
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by DabuIIIT: 7:33am On Aug 14, 2021
tamdun:

U no say na tru I tell you, if u can identify oyinbo from black and White pic,why can't u identify light skin Igbos?
Go and look for job o...so you don't end up calling your jnrs bros
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by DabuIIIT: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2021
tamdun:

Show me any picture of precolonial yoruba that dress naked,like d pics below, ur people were ahead of Yoruba and yet they walk naked

I hate coming to your level of shallowness but what you gotta say about this?

1 Like

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by lifeisgood12: 7:50am On Aug 14, 2021
OfoIgbo:

You and I well know that Igbos are the fairest in the band Igbos are in.

Igbos are generally fairer than Edo, Yoruba, Benin Republic, Togolese and Ghanaian ethnic groups
there are multiple tribes in ghana, togo, benin republic, even nigeria that i dont know of. So you cant generalize without sufficient analysis
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by lifeisgood12: 7:53am On Aug 14, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Yearly WAEC results reveal a lot. Northern states aren't exactly blazing an academic trail. In other nations where Fulanis are indigenous,. I'm unaware of their academic exploits in those climes also.

But Igbos as a group are highly represented in academic excellence list both here in Nigeria and abroad
yorubas are also reprensented in academic excellence wherever they go lol
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by lifeisgood12: 7:54am On Aug 14, 2021
DabuIIIT:

I hate coming to your level of shallowness but what you gotta say about this?
;Digbo kwenu

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by tamdun: 7:55am On Aug 14, 2021
LordVoldermort:

But if you followed the thread you'll see that it was not Igbos that began the dark skinned argument, instead of someone to comment on the culture he decided to comment on the skin tone

I think some black Nigerians have serious inferiority complex that manifest itself in form of resentment
The first comment started by insulting yoruba people
Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by tamdun: 8:00am On Aug 14, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Do you know that Obi Cubana is probably the darkest Igbo person that most Igbos will ever know, but I can marshal out a list of Yorubas that are as dark and even darker than him, from the public domain.

Check the pictures attached.

Take note of the last one that shows Obi Cubana with Igbos surrounding him, and see how his very dark complexion sticks out.
He will not stick out, if he took that picture in the midst of Yorubas.
U think u r wise, why u dey post filtered pic grin
What about this pics, who's darker

1 Like

Re: Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles by tamdun: 8:14am On Aug 14, 2021
DabuIIIT:

Go and look for job o...so you don't end up calling your jnrs bros
Well, am very OK with my job, I even live in my own house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Two, Kidnap Over 100 In Fresh Niger Attack / We Will Not Disband ESN - IPOB / 'I Stand With Buhari' Solidarity Rally In Jigawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.