Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 - Career (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 (119344 Views)

Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction / January Salaries Of Federal Civil Servants To Be ‘delayed Beyond Normal’ – Memo / Nigerian Banks Salary Structure 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by mykel2yc(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18
maik99:
Richmondefosa is Stanbic having a GT Programme anytime soon?

Another set is starting TS on 29th
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by maik99(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18
mykel2yc:

Another set is starting TS on 29th

Ohh I missed the advertisement then
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by emtech100: 12:36pm On Jan 20
Dazzle9696:

I got the invite for the class starting tomorrow, but I got a mail saying it has been cancelled, please did you get the mail as well, are you in Lagos already?

I am also scheduled for Jan 29th. But no message on medicals or physical documentation screening. Can we link up?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by emtech100: 12:38pm On Jan 20
Holuu:
It has been postponed till mid December or Early January,no specific date yet though

Let's link up before TS @ emtech909@gmail.com
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by samegold(m): 1:18am On Jan 21
richmondefosa:

I have a really tight schedule.
I may or may not.
If I will, I'll update this thread.

Thank you for reaching out.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by kkkp: 10:49am On Jan 25
richmondefosa:
Stanbic has increased salary 😁

By March, they will increase it again.
check your mail
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by imoh4king(m): 3:48pm On Jan 25
richmondefosa:

Boss, I don’t have a sure plug o.
There are outsourcing companies that recruit on their behalf.
Integrated corporate services limited (ICSL) at Obanikoro recruits for them. Same with RIL and U-Connect. These are the main companies I know. You could register with them and hope you get called. They may call you for other banks though. So registering with them is not a sure call you’ll be sent to Stanbic.
I wish you all the best.

bro, do you know how much UNION BANK pays their Staff in operations
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Wealthier: 10:41pm On Jan 30
Hi Richmondefosa

I anticipate the stanbic ibtc diesp program 2024 and kind of nervous. Please any idea when it commences for this year?

Please can you help with your email address
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by anthropizzy(m): 12:00am On Feb 03
winnifredd:
Good afternoon everyone, please gtb and stanbic which is better in terms of pay and job security.

To me i feel is stanbic.

The culture in stanbic is wonderful and before they would sack a staff, that staff too would know that he or she might get sack. Stanbic don't so sudden sack like the way others do.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Effulgent(m): 8:17am On Feb 03
winnifredd:
Good afternoon everyone, please gtb and stanbic which is better in terms of pay and job security.

Go to stanbic o. Gtb will use work wound you, especially if you are in head office or marketing. The work culture in gtb is kinda not so good.

The bank is a tier one bank with do many customers, so your expect something like that.

Stanbic money is also better, at least the salary. But I know gtb has a lot of bonuses. Profit sharing, quaterly bonus and all. So far you are full staff.

Concerning job security, I don't think banks sack people anyhow like that, except say you did something bad o. Majorly banking sector has job security, so far you are full staff.

Overall, I would say you should go with stanbic.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:19am On Feb 03
Effulgent:

Go to stanbic o. Gtb will use work wound you, especially if you are in head office or marketing. The work culture in gtb is kinda not so good.

The bank is a tier one bank with do many customers, so your expect something like that.

Stanbic money is also better, at least the salary. But I know gtb has a lot of bonuses. Profit sharing, quaterly bonus and all. So far you are full staff.

Concerning job security, I don't think banks sack people anyhow like that, except say you did something bad o. Majorly banking sector has job security, so far you are full staff.

Overall, I would say you should go with stanbic.

Work no much for Stanbic, are you kidding me?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Effulgent(m): 12:27pm On Feb 03
iLoveYouToo:

Work no much for Stanbic, are you kidding me?

Lol. I no talk say work no much for stanbic.

Take for an example, branch operations, gtb banking hall will always be crowded even as early as 8:30am till closing hour.

Work much for stanbic, in fact, every bank has much work to do but obviously, banks with more customers will do more, that's all I meant.

Although, when it comes to those working in head office, like the fincon, treasury, these people work a lot, and that's not really dependent on the bank.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by wowmagonline: 9:17pm On Feb 05
Explore the intricacies of Nigeria's banking sector through my blog post, revealing the nuanced factors influencing bankers' salaries. Gain valuable insights into economic dynamics, and the broader financial landscape that shape compensation in this vital industry. Check it out at https://www.parrotgist.online/2024/02/bankers-salary-in-nigeria.html

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by VisionaryMe: 3:49am On Feb 21
Hello guys,

I just got an offer at Stanbic IBTC as an experienced hire (ABO). I'll be resuming next month at the Stanbic IBTC Towers in Lagos.

Many thanks to Richmond, who has been doing a lot of good work on this thread. He has been particularly helpful, especially with the words of encouragement in making this become a reality. I was always in his DM on WhatsApp for the past couple of years.

The new challenge now is the issue of accomodation, as I'll be relocating down to Lagos from another state. I'll be glad if any good Samaritan will be willing to assist for at least the first 1-2 months of my resumption.

I welcome valuable suggestions and advice as I begin a new phase at Stanbic IBTC.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by samegold(m): 1:44pm On Feb 21
VisionaryMe:
Hello guys,

I just got an offer at Stanbic IBTC as an experienced hire (ABO). I'll be resuming next month at the Stanbic IBTC Towers in Lagos.

Many thanks to Richmond, who has been doing a lot of good work on this thread. He has been particularly helpful, especially with the words of encouragement in making this become a reality. I was always in his DM on WhatsApp for the past couple of years.

The new challenge now is the issue of accomodation, as I'll be relocating down to Lagos from another state. I'll be glad if any good Samaritan will be willing to assist for at least the first 1-2 months of my resumption.

I welcome valuable suggestions and advice as I begin a new phase at Stanbic IBTC.

Congratulations
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by HighOptimism(m): 7:07pm On Feb 21
VisionaryMe:
Hello guys,

Congratulations...More wins.
Were you an ET, and how many years of experience?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Ilysm(f): 5:06pm On Feb 22
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by icedmila: 7:30pm On Feb 23
VisionaryMe:
Hello guys,

Hey, I sent an email. Kindly accept/respond so we can discuss further. Thanks bro.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by brainiac228(m): 4:28pm On Mar 11
SandraFad23:
Hello everyone, I need your help. How do I get in to UBA, Stanbic or Gtbank as an experienced hire. I was a contract staff for 3 years and full staff for close to 2. I’m a ET in tech. Please advise.
Most time it's by knowing an internal person that can give you info about openings.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by brainiac228(m): 4:54pm On Mar 11
richmondefosa:
Stanbic has increased salary 😁

By March, they will increase it again.
Please how much is the current net for ABO and BO in Stanbic?
Is the pay for tech different from the normal salary structure?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 1:35pm On Mar 12
brainiac228:

Please how much is the current net for ABO and BO in Stanbic?
Is the pay for tech different from the normal salary structure?

Stanbic ABO now is #511,000 net (your take home salary after all deductions)

BO is now 650-700k net

We're already in March. By 20th, It'll be increased and I'll come back to update this thread with my findings.

There's no difference in salary between business areas. You can only have difference in Bonus which is of course due to several factors; appraisal performance inclusive.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by maik99(m): 2:09pm On Mar 12
richmondefosa:

BO is now 650-700k net

We're already in March. By 20th, It'll be increased and I'll come back to update this thread with my findings.

There's no difference in salary between business areas. You can only have difference in Bonus which is of course due to several factors; appraisal performance inclusive.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

I don’t understand o
Na every month dem dey increase salary for Stanbic?😂

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Ominie(m): 6:14pm On Mar 12
maik99:

I don’t understand o

Walaii e surprise me too grin

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by brainiac228(m): 12:23am On Mar 13
richmondefosa:

BO is now 650-700k net

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Thanks so much I do appreciate.
For tech roles is the recruitment done by recruiting/consulting company or is it handled in-house?
Are the tech roles full-time? Or there are both full-time and contract?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 11:17am On Mar 13
maik99:

I don’t understand o

Join Stanbic and experience this. grin cheesy

To sha join naim be the koko. E no easy to enter.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 11:25am On Mar 13
brainiac228:

Thanks so much I do appreciate.
For tech roles is the recruitment done by recruiting/consulting company or is it handled in-house?
Are the tech roles full-time? Or there are both full-time and contract?

Stanbic has different pathways to join as a tech inclined person.

There is the DigiTAP and DiSEP program. If you scale through successfully, you are coming to IT. Regular graduate trainees, Contract staff and full-time staff in other departments can also switch to tech subject to the availability of the role and suitability of the candidate. I did not have a tech background but I switched to IT (the non-technical side). These are the various ways.

Stanbic still has some software developers who are not Stanbic staff. They are outsourced from Companies like TEK Experts, Uridium Technologies, SBSC, etc.

I believe this answers your questions and satisfies your curiosity.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Ocon: 6:20pm On Mar 13
richmondefosa:

There is the DigiTAP and DiSEP program. If you scale through successfully, you are coming to IT. Regular graduate trainees, Contract staff and full-time staff in other departments can also switch to tech subject to the availability of the role and suitability of the candidate. I did not have a tech background but I switched to IT (the non-technical side). These are the various ways.

Stanbic still has some software developers who are not Stanbic staff. They are outsourced from Companies like TEK Experts, Uridium Technologies, SBSC, etc.

Cheers.
Thank you chief,

Please can I send you my CV, if you could possibly help me submit to the HR dept ?

Currently an ET (2 years) and I am looking for my next role
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by preshOnogwu1(m): 8:01am On Mar 14
Good morning, guys. Please, I really need you to advise me.
I will be resuming Access Bank's Training School in May, but I'm currently being profiled for employment (tech) by Stanbic IBTC.
I took part in the 2023 Stanbic IBTC DISEP course.
Guys, what do you think I should do in this situation?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 8:16pm On Mar 14
preshOnogwu1:
Good morning, guys. Please, I really need you to advise me.
I will be resuming Access Bank's Training School in May, but I'm currently being profiled for employment (tech) by Stanbic IBTC.
I took part in the 2023 Stanbic IBTC DISEP course.
Guys, what do you think I should do in this situation?

I genuinely do not see the problem.
Resume with Access Bank training school. Stanbic has not offered you anything concrete yet but Access has.

When Stanbic offers you an employment contract, only then can you be rest assured that you've gotten the job.

Since it's DiSEP, you'll be meeting me soon.
Cheers
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by brainiac228(m): 8:26pm On Mar 14
richmondefosa:

Cheers.
Yes it does.
Thanks so much
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 8:28pm On Mar 14
Ocon:
Thank you chief,

Please can I send you my CV, if you could possibly help me submit to the HR dept ?

Currently an ET (2 years) and I am looking for my next role

Hi!

I don't work in HR. I don't know anyone who works there.
I genuinely have no influence over employment or any hiring process.

I only provide information and guidance on what you need to know and our culture here in Stanbic IBTC.

Go to the career portal of Stanbic IBTC website. Check for suitable roles and shoot at as many as you feel you're qualified for.

The worst that can happen is a rejection mail.

When you get that, give it a go again.

I know people who tried many times before eventually getting in.

Wishing you all the very best.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Ocon: 7:59am On Mar 16
richmondefosa:

Hi!

I don't work in HR. I don't know anyone who works there.
I genuinely have no influence over employment or any hiring process.

I only provide information and guidance on what you need to know and our culture here in Stanbic IBTC.

Go to the career portal of Stanbic IBTC website. Check for suitable roles and shoot at as many as you feel you're qualified for.

The worst that can happen is a rejection mail.

When you get that, give it a go again.

I know people who tried many times before eventually getting in.

Wishing you all the very best.

Cheers!
no problem boss

thanks for the response

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone / How To Improve On Your Career With I.T / How Much Do Bank Workers Earn?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.