Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) (1638 Views)

Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion / Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) / Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Dtruthspeaker: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2021
CharisEleos:

Yeah I do.
Willie Willie had its own style. It was pure horror but then, I wasn't that scared because people made fun with it and some would even wear his ghost costume and be using it to scare us. So it didn't really give me the chills like Hauwas.

Yes third eye. Olu Jacobs. " I wonder" "I just wonder" lol.. veeeery boring. I didn't like it but my mum and elder sister must tune to it every Wednesday.

Good to know a lot of people still remember that movie.

grin do you remember the ogbanje girl movie where she goes out spiritually when she sleeps to go and play with her mates?

Is it Lynx? I just remembered another movie called "Lynx"

"Abiku" grin is the name of the movie with the ogbanje girl.
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin do you remember the ogbanje girl movie where she goes out spiritually when she sleeps to go and play with her mates?

Is it Lynx? I just remembered another movie called "Lynx"

"Abiku" grin is the name of the movie with the ogbanje girl.

Yeah that Omotara girl movie. I loved that movie.
Lanre Balogun was her dad while sola fosudo was the "Superior" that man that used to appear to her in negative picture film cheesy. Good old memories.

Those tiny children will be hailing her with a song.
Atara Bay Bay Bay
Atara Bay Bay Bay .... Lol... cheesy

Which one is Lynx? I may know it but not with the title.

Good old days. cool
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Dtruthspeaker: 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2021
CharisEleos:

Yeah that Omotara girl movie. I loved that movie.
Lanre Balogun was her dad while sola fosudo was the "Superior" that man that used to appear to her in negative picture film cheesy. Good old memories.

Those tiny children will be hailing her with a song.
Atara Bay Bay Bay
Atara Bay Bay Bay .... Lol... cheesy

Which one is Lynx? I may know it but not with the title.

Good old days. cool

Good old days in deed and you really watched those movies oh, what a powerful memory you've got.

It was from behind curtains with the lights on, fingers in my ears and a trembling soul, that I used to "Watch" them (I did not really watch them)

I preferred Moonlighting, Dempsey and Makepeace, Jake and the fat man, Frank Spencer, Circus Centre Ring and others
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Good old days in deed and you really watched those movies oh, what a powerful memory you've got.

It was from behind curtains with the lights on, fingers in my ears and a trembling soul, that I used to "Watch" them (I did not really watch them)

I preferred Moonlighting, Dempsey and Makepeace, Jake and the fat man, Frank Spencer, Circus Centre Ring and others

Lol... @ behind curtains.
I used to sit close to my mom then to watch such movies. So as soon as the movie ends, im clinching endlessly to her until she lays me to sleep.

Yeah moonlighting and Spencer were all regular movies.

What of
Simon Templer
The invisible Man
Doctor Who
Robinhood. grin...

Op will say all these old mama and papa yaf derailed her thread with non-scary movies. Lol.. I'm feeling nostalgic right now.
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Dtruthspeaker: 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2021
CharisEleos:

Lol... @ behind curtains.
I used to sit close to my mom then to watch such movies. So as soon as the movie ends, im clinching endlessly to her until she lays me to sleep.

Yeah moonlighting and Spencer were all regular movies.

What of
Simon Templer
The invisible Man
Doctor Who
Robinhood. grin...

Mumsi, bounce me saying "shebi I told you that you can not watch it, go to bed"

So, bed I no fit stay, parlour I no fit stay, tomorrow in school, efribody will be trying to give me gist for what happened in the movie, if I said I did not watch it, hey, hell everywhere.

Invisible man followed Oliver Twist which followed Jane Eyre, then the Prince and Pauper.

Oh, we were born in good times, oh I remember "Good Times, Sanford and sons! Rent-a-Ghost.

CharisEleos:
Op will say all these old mama and papa yaf derailed her thread with non-scary movies. Lol.. I'm feeling nostalgic right now.

grin he made the mistake of saying "growing up". So, even 1952 growing up is invited.
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2021
author=Dtruthspeaker post=104815196]
Mumsi, bounce me saying "shebi I told you that you can not watch it, go to bed"

So, bed I no fit stay, parlour I no fit stay, tomorrow in school, efribody will be trying to give me gist for what happened in the movie, if I said I did not watch it, hey, hell everywhere.
Lol..

Invisible man followed Oliver Twist which followed Jane Eyre, then the Prince and Pauper.
Yeah, I Know only Oliver in this list

Oh, we were born in good times, oh I remember "Good Times, Sanford and sons! Rent-a-Ghost.
Yeah sure. Our time was fun and peaceful.

What about "Halo Halo" German comedy at night?
That funny man that would always say " Gud May..ning" lol... Wow... I miss those days.

grin he made the mistake of saying "growing up". So, even 1952 growing up is invited.

Lol...
Abi o. Old school Lapel thinz grin tongue
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Dtruthspeaker: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
CharisEleos:
author=Dtruthspeaker post=104815196]
Yeah, I Know only Oliver in this list

Don't mind those ones, you missed nothing and they were boring.
CharisEleos:

What about "Halo Halo" German comedy at night?
That funny man that would always say " Gud May..ning" lol... Wow... I miss those days.
Abi o. Old school Lapel thinz grin tongue

grin Oh, Alo' Alo! "Oui! (we) Zee geeiamerns (Germans) are in zee bar."

Then you remember "Faulty Towers"!
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2021
author=Dtruthspeaker post=104818124]

Don't mind those ones, you missed nothing and they were boring.
Ok. Cos I only watched interesting ones.

grin Oh, Alo' Alo! "Oui! (we) Zee geeiamerns (Germans) are in zee bar."

Then you remember "Faulty Towers"

Lol...

Ah.. that title " faulty Towers" seems to strike a cord faintly in my memory now.. but I can't really remember what it was all about.

Not to forget, the "wonder years' that small fine oyinbo boy lol... tongue

Phew!
I might just look up some of these movies at my free time.

Thanks for digging up some great oldies.
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Dtruthspeaker: 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2021
CharisEleos:
author=Dtruthspeaker post=104818124]

Ok. Cos I only watched interesting ones.

Lol...

Ah.. that title " faulty Towers" seems to strike a cord faintly in my memory now.. but I can't really remember what it was all about.

Not to forget, the "wonder years' that small fine oyinbo boy lol... tongue

Phew!
I might just look up some of these movies at my free time.

Thanks for digging up some great oldies.

Yeah! Thanks too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by fellowben(m): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
CharisEleos:

Lol.. you too? cheesy

Please what's the title of that movie?

So terrifying especially where Dauda ( husband) was calling her in a Calabash.
Dauda : Hauwa hauwa hauwa
Hauwa : Dauda, where are you?
Then she slumps. Chai!!!

Movie title: Links�
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2021
fellowben:

Movie title: Links�

Wow Really??
Thanks.
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Shemmyglo(f): 6:46am On Aug 18, 2021
Agbranla and Ide esu by Mount Zion on I think NTA.

Danihun and ishawuru really scared me then that when it is time to watch it I always feel like running away and I won't be able to sleep that day.
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Maxymilliano(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2021
Evil encounter and Zombie in the early 80s ... Omen 1, 2, 3 in early 90s
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by prettyangel10(f): 10:23am On Aug 18, 2021
CharisEleos:
Basket case. very scary creature.

The devil dog

Omotara Abiku Ogbanje

Pot of life. "Amiwu". Haaa this one was a Blockbuster then and still is.

Hauwa in telemovies. Can't remember the title of that movie. It scared the hell out of me. (Acted by one Gobadaya) The woman that was killed by her husband and her ghost went to visit her children in school.

Things fall apart. The part where those Spirits were tormenting Okonkwo.

I remember that Hauwa program to, the way the ghost be calling Hauwa and it will be echoing. I remember Amiwu too. Chai.

(1) (2) (Reply)

.. / Why Do Some Baby Fathers Neglect Their Children Welfare? / Is It wrong to correct ones parent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.