Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists (30985 Views)

Abducted Abuja-Kaduna Train Victims: Pay Ransom To Terrorists, Gumi Tells FG / Faruk Yahaya: We’re Set To Take Battle To Terrorists’ Enclaves / Ozekhome: Why Northerners Are Scared Of Southern Governors’ Asaba Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Almaigaa: 11:09am On Aug 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Walai. Igbo land will be Islamised first.

True talk grin grin

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Naijaolosho2: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I was watching a documentary today on CNN about the Talibans capture of a major city in Afghanistan. The first thing they did was to get all girls from age 12 and above for the commanders and various members to get married to and it got me thinking. The Taliban and the various terror groups in the north all share the same ideology. No amount of weapons or super intelligence can defeat this guys. I mean the USA poured in over 20 billion dollars in Afghanistan. Sent in high end weapons, trained the Afghan troops yet they still lost the war. 20 years gone, thousands of Americans dead and the war was lost.

If a whole America couldn't defeat the Taliban what is the fate of the Nigerian army in winning the boko haram war. They are even recruited into the same army and people in the south are just sitting down. Whether people like it or not. Those guys will take over the north and when they do what happens to the south. I mean people make a lot of noise on social media but we all know southern tribes aren't used to wars or warrior like in nature compared to the north that has known and fought all kinds of wars. Even if the country divides as people want it to. Will independent southern nations have the resources to fight the terror groups in the north. With Afghanistan under taliban control it will become a training and funding ground for all forms of terror group.

I have always predicted southern Nigeria to be like congo or Liberia in the future but with what's going on in the north it might be much worst than Afghanistan and Yemen put together.

You think so because you're myopic in nature. If you don't have something relevant to share why not go and sleep?
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Flytime: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2021
macrodata:
The big guns are reserved for China, Russia & North Korea cheesy
North Korea won’t get the big guns except Russia and China backs them up which might happen if a war breaks out
Russia has said they’ll declare war on the us if they attack North Korea which would lead to world war 3 and the only war the USA could invade North Korea and end the situation once and for all is if North Korea attacks the south first
Russia has said they won’t be involved if North Korea attacks first

1 Like

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Jaqenhghar: 11:11am On Aug 16, 2021
LLiKYekoba:
We'll build a WALL longer and taller than the Great wall of China. Keep the northern terrorist ragheads in their region.
You can't build a street na wall you want build. With which money if I may ask.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by NairaMaster1(m): 11:12am On Aug 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I was watching a documentary today on CNN about the Talibans capture of a major city in Afghanistan. The first thing they did was to get all girls from age 12 and above for the commanders and various members to get married to and it got me thinking. The Taliban and the various terror groups in the north all share the same ideology. No amount of weapons or super intelligence can defeat this guys. I mean the USA poured in over 20 billion dollars in Afghanistan. Sent in high end weapons, trained the Afghan troops yet they still lost the war. 20 years gone, thousands of Americans dead and the war was lost.

If a whole America couldn't defeat the Taliban what is the fate of the Nigerian army in winning the boko haram war. They are even recruited into the same army and people in the south are just sitting down. Whether people like it or not. Those guys will take over the north and when they do what happens to the south. I mean people make a lot of noise on social media but we all know southern tribes aren't used to wars or warrior like in nature compared to the north that has known and fought all kinds of wars. Even if the country divides as people want it to. Will independent southern nations have the resources to fight the terror groups in the north. With Afghanistan under taliban control it will become a training and funding ground for all forms of terror group.

I have always predicted southern Nigeria to be like congo or Liberia in the future but with what's going on in the north it might be much worst than Afghanistan and Yemen put together.

You spoke well but America didn't go to war with Taliban.

Secondly, Afghanistan is 99.9% Islam.

Boko Haram cannot do that if supporter of APC and SLG couldn't do it in Sudan.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by amnesty7: 11:12am On Aug 16, 2021
Monogamy:
North can not fall to terrorist..m
Amen. May the enemies of Nigeria never succeed.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by colestephan86: 11:13am On Aug 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Thanks for this .
1 the southern states must consciously work on growing most of what they eat. No politics around it,it's not a party thing.
2. Now is when the government should effect the community policing
3 every single resident in the southern states must be identified,
4. The north will follow their Islamic believes against western education.
Now the question is what does their Islamic teachers tell them?
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by NapoleonHill: 11:13am On Aug 16, 2021
naija4life247:
Afghanistan shares border with Russia, yet Taliban no dey pass their boundary enter Russia because they know it will take Russia few hours to wipe out Taliban and join Afghanistan to Russia forever.

So, of Book Haram takes over the Northern land of sorrow, tears and blood and fully establishes its government of killing and maiming, Lower Niger will protect and secure its boundaries
These are two different issues. The first is that Russia doesn't share a border or boundary with Afghan and you wrongly claimed.

Second is, even if they share same boundary, Russia is the biggest country in the world with a small population of 144 million for it size. Its inhabitants occupy a portion while the vast majority of the land is meant for defend. Before you creep into the mainland Russia, there's enough land for war where you'll be massively defeated.

Third is, Russia has a military strength that would give you a run for your money and is indeed a sovereign country strong enough to protect its borders and water bodies.

Do we have any of these in southern Nigeria? No. My people say something. They say, the death that is killing one's neighbours is telling one a proverb. We should be worried about these people and their extremism.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Jaqenhghar: 11:13am On Aug 16, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
Nothing like mighty USA, even Russia lost the war in Afghanistan too..the mountainous terrain makes it difficult to stage war against the Taliban there. They are good in mountain warfare.

Taliban and boko haram are two different set n fighting on different terrain too.

Only a southern president with the political will can defeat n crush them.any northerner will not.
The problem is not a president. The security apparatus like any other sector is unprofessional. No one feels any responsibility to anything except their stomachs

1 Like

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by sowilli: 11:14am On Aug 16, 2021
I wonder why many believe US was there for the benefit of Afghanistan. If that was the case, why hasn't the US sent troops to Northeast Nigeria. There is more to world politics than we hear. Russia and US that are potrayed not to be in good terms are now on the same page on Afghans case. Have you ever wondered why there are no "taliban Ideology" in Saudi or UAE. A nation is made up of people. Whatever you see is a reflection of the majority. Do you think Atiku or Dangote, Rabiu, Dantata and many others will allow their investments in the hands of Bokoharam. Terrorism is business and it depends on who is gaining.

7 Likes

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by RolexOfGeneva(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Do you think the south has the resources to build a wall. The south is also very poor too.
How is the south very poor. Akwa Ibom alone supplies over 1500 barrels of crude oil per day.
That's about 400 billion Naira per month at current oil price.
Stop typing what you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Unrated900(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Why don't you worry about the fate of your terrorist infested, poverty ravaged North instead of worrying about what the person who is presently feeding you will eat in time of famine?

Don’t mind the fool
Useless northerns
Very poor people
Make the country separate self
Them go suffer fire
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by calcal: 11:15am On Aug 16, 2021
Not 20 Billion but Trillions

tensazangetsu20:

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Jaqenhghar: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2021
Karleb:
Whether we'll win or not isn't the question.

The question should be, have we tried to win this war?

Since the days of GEJ, the northerners have been firmly behind Boko Haram. Some northerners are only against them now because they killed Muslims. Trust me, if Boko Haram and bandits targets were southerners and Christians alone, most northerns would still be firmly behind them.

The northerns have done their best to frustrate the pseudo efforts of the government, especially this present administration.

The thing seems like a joke to me, how can you send aides to pay for ransom to bandits and tell me you don't know where they are?
You take pictures with them, have a round table discussion with them but yet, you don't know their locations?

Remember what OBJ did in Niger Delta? How he cleared those militants after having a group discussion with them? Trust me, we can pull something as easy as that off, especially with the fact that majority of these Boko Haram and Bandits have very low IQ.

There is a saying in yoruba that, if you don't play, you can't win.

As for the future of the South, we have oil, we are intelligent amongst other things.
The southern states are the best in Nigeria.
It's the safest place to be in Nigeria.
If you remove the northern affiliation and for the fact that we don't get to share revenues with the north who are much than us in terms of number of geopolitical zone, state and population, we will do very fine. We'll also easily attract foreign investors.
You are still talking of oil in the 21st century. You ckearly dont know whats up.
Your intelligent people how have they built your regions. The intelligence is only used to get high paying jobs and little else. You cant even maintain a stretch of road with all your intellectuals you think you will suddenly start building because the northerners are no more eh?
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Godpunishnairal: 11:17am On Aug 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Before then all your generation must have been dead in the North. Your sister and mother Toto will be ripped off by the Boko boys

1 Like

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by DMCY: 11:18am On Aug 16, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
Nothing like mighty USA, even Russia lost the war in Afghanistan too..the mountainous terrain makes it difficult to stage war against the Taliban there. They are good in mountain warfare.

Taliban and boko haram are two different set n fighting on different terrain too.

Only a southern president with the political will can defeat n crush them.any northerner will not.

Rightfully said!
But I still think a southern president with no inclination towards a second term agenda is the only person that can combat the terrorist group in our dear country. I believe we all know what will happen if the said president contest another election.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Fidelarinze9(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

For your mind.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by descartes400: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2021
shegzhkn:
Lol.

Op needs to understand some tricky things before making some assertions. first of all if US should stay extra 50 years in Afghanistan, it will change nothing and also rivals like china and Russia cannot match US in operations like this.

Taliban is Afghanistan and Afghanistan is Taliban, that is the only reason they are still existing, they had the support of the people quite frankly let face it, if 85k strong Taliban fighter should be taken care of right now, by tomorrow you get another 85, so it pointless occupying the country and that is what uncle sam realised.

And yes Afghanistan has a difficult terrain you should study it and the fact is US air force cannot be conducting ops just anyhow there is something called the rules of engagement - they will not put the lifes of civilian at risk because they had their enemies in sight.

Don't worry boko haram is a business operations established by ur leader they are hated in the south.

They have the support of the people that are filling up airports and military camps to escape the onslaught from the Taliban you say? undecided
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by sunnnnyuu(m): 11:20am On Aug 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Boko Haram will not take over the northern Nigeria, mark my words WILL NOT, but I am praying may God help North break from this evil marriage done by UK to join rich North with parasitic ungrateful South.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by tmcleo2k2(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2021
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by bluefilm: 11:21am On Aug 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I was watching a documentary today on CNN about the Talibans capture of a major city in Afghanistan. The first thing they did was to get all girls from age 12 and above for the commanders and various members to get married to and it got me thinking. The Taliban and the various terror groups in the north all share the same ideology. No amount of weapons or super intelligence can defeat this guys. I mean the US

A poured in over 20 billion dollars in Afghanistan. Sent in high end weapons, trained the Afghan troops yet they still lost the war. 20 years gone, thousands of Americans dead and the war was lost.

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by shegzhkn: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2021
descartes400:

They have the support of the people that are filling up airports and military camps to escape the onslaught from the Taliban you say? undecided

compute the percentage of the folks running aways over all citizen of the country, then we can start from there.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by NazareneMonk: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2021
If southern Nigeria falls to ISWAP today, first thing they will do is to behead the males and marry off our fine fine sisters to their fighters and even export some to neighbouring countries. 8years above is ripe for marriage according to them.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:23am On Aug 16, 2021
NazareneMonk:
If southern Nigeria falls to ISWAP today, first thing they will do is to behead the males and marry off our fine fine sisters to their fighters and even export some to neighbouring countries. 8years above is ripe for marriage according to them.
This is what I predicted yesterday but a lot came for our heads
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Powersurge: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2021
orion7:
china and russia wont allow this. These guys dint even Carr about human rights etc if Afghanistan try rubbish China ir russia will finish Taliban and annex the whole country

Terrorism is multi-headed hydra.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Powersurge: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2021
mightyhaze:
Which brand of whiskey u dey like... I'm serious

Smiling.

1 Like

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by IamgratefulLord(f): 11:29am On Aug 16, 2021
Powersurge:
Oga your story is shortlived. First of Russia got her ass whooped in Afghanistan.

Second of all, USA, thoroughly dealt with Taliban, removed them from government, installed new govt etc. The next phase now is to teach Afghans to fight their own war. Which is what US would do eventually.

Thirdly, America though not invincible is a master tactician. Withdrawal from Afghanistan and subsequently allowing terrorists taking over the country would be strategic.

First, it will allow the oppressed China's Ughur region, to have direct access to a terror nation. And you know the problems in the Urghur region in China.

Secondly, Taliban can easily seize Tajikistan and Uzbekistan which are at the backyard of Russia. Bringing terrorism into China-Russia mix would be a great tool for global dominance. Sacrificing Afghanistan to achieve that aim wouldn't be a difficult decision.

Knowing that America has over 50 years experience dealing with terrorists, they have moved into the realm of using terrorists to achieve their aims. Rather than completely wiping them out. Don't forget that at the height of Iran-US crisis, there were insinuations that America wanted to activate ISIS who is arch enemy of Iran.

If the global GDP is $80tr and your country alone controls $22tr out of it, you can do a lot.

It will be very difficult for terrorists to overun the south if we remove govt interference. Because for one, they are easily identifiable compared to southern population. Secondly, the south is much smaller and less mountainous. Thirdly, we have more resources to fight a prolonged warfare than them, amongst others.
Did your write this piece yourself or copied from another source? If you wrote it yourself, you're a smart ass!! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by theNOISEmaker: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2021
Powersurge:
Oga your story is shortlived. First of Russia got her ass whooped in Afghanistan.

Second of all, USA, thoroughly dealt with Taliban, removed them from government, installed new govt etc. The next phase now is to teach Afghans to fight their own war. Which is what US would do eventually.

Thirdly, America though not invincible is a master tactician. Withdrawal from Afghanistan and subsequently allowing terrorists taking over the country would be strategic.

First, it will allow the oppressed China's Ughur region, to have direct access to a terror nation. And you know the problems in the Urghur region in China.

Secondly, Taliban can easily seize Tajikistan and Uzbekistan which are at the backyard of Russia. Bringing terrorism into China-Russia mix would be a great tool for global dominance. Sacrificing Afghanistan to achieve that aim wouldn't be a difficult decision.

Knowing that America has over 50 years experience dealing with terrorists, they have moved into the realm of using terrorists to achieve their aims. Rather than completely wiping them out. Don't forget that at the height of Iran-US crisis, there were insinuations that America wanted to activate ISIS who is arch enemy of Iran.

If the global GDP is $80tr and your country alone controls $22tr out of it, you can do a lot.

It will be very difficult for terrorists to overun the south if we remove govt interference. Because for one, they are easily identifiable compared to southern population. Secondly, the south is much smaller and less mountainous. Thirdly, we have more resources to fight a prolonged warfare than them, amongst others.
I kinda see sense in this..
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by AldrichAmes: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2021
mach7:
Russia was never in Afghanistan and never got its ass whooped. For your information, the Soviet Union who was in Afghanistan was there at the behest of the legitimate government to fight against the mujahideen who were attempting to bring down the government with the support of the American government (Operation Cyclone). That same mujahideen metamorphosed into the Taliban you have today.

The Soviets withdrew in 1989 when the government of Gorbachev was attempting to build peaceful relations with the West through "perestroika".

They weren't defeated as the government they came into support still stood on its own for 3 years after the Soviets withdrew. Compared that to the Americans who haven't even left the Airport when the entire nation crumbled in a matter of weeks.

Study your history and don't attempt to propagate falsehoods to please your masters.

The Taliban can't do nada to either Tajikistan or Uzbekistan who are both under the protection of Russia. Neither can they attempt to infiltrate China as claimed.

p.s. The combined losses suffered by the Americans and its lapdog allies in terms of money and equipment is several times in magnitude of what the Soviets lost in Afghanistan.

The only sensible post on the thread and I like how you explained everything in a chronological order. The guy you quoted is an ignorant turd.

I think most people tend to forget that Taliban was US backed Mujahideen of the Cold War era and most of their commanders were trained by the CIA. So it isn’t shocking they overran the country within a few days after the Americans withdrew. The war was a mistake in the first place and Afghanistan has always been a place where empires are buried. I’m pretty sure Biden realized that those poppy fields aren’t worth it anymore and with almost $1trillion wasted on the country; it’s time to start something new.

Topic:

North and South are divided by rivers. If the North gets overrun by Islamists, just blow up the bridges that connect the two regions and fortify the other side. Islamists can’t really do much unless they have CIA backing. And in every country they have overrun; they were backed by the CIA. A bunch of AK47s and RPGs carrying ragtag army on their own aren’t as vicious as most think. They only become vicious when they’re being used by a powerful external force.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by KillingIsFun: 11:33am On Aug 16, 2021
I'm really disappointed that a Biafran would spit this kind of garbage.

cheruv:
The future of southern Nigeria would be bleak because there are more southern idiots than rational beings
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Powersurge: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2021
IamgratefulLord:

Did your write this piece yourself or copied from another source? Of you did write it yourself, you're a smart ass!! cheesy

lol. I wrote it myself. I usually follow up war analysis and commentary. Middle East/Asia is of particular interest to me. There is one last war that would be fought. That war will either tumble USA as the sole superpower or set her as the undisputed champion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Hamiltonii: 11:36am On Aug 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Do you think the south has the resources to build a wall. The south is also very poor too.

Stop making naive and stupid remarks about the worth of the various forms of resources in Southern Nigeria. Go and study.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NLC Takes Protest To National Assembly (Pictures) / Tinubu Met, Resolved Muslim-Muslim Ticket Crisis With CAN Leaders - Leadership / Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.