Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? (1406 Views)

Revelation 4 Vv 14, Jesus Is The Source Of God's Creation / Free Will The Inevitable Risk In God's Creation Plan / Is Man's Destiny In Gods Hands Or Is It Man That Shapes His Own Destiny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by BassReeves: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2021
obonujoker:
There is no relevant similarity between man and Ape... Darwin lies have been trashed a lot of times...

Man is not a beast... Ape is

KnownUnknown:
But what about BassReeves’ fantastic example of the Samaritan Ape and the episode of the snake infested pond?

Surely that’s a similarity even without Darwin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ZZQtoREYU

The beast in the zoo is amused by the humans larking about, it even clapped in appreciation
Even with similarity(ies) at the end of the day, a beast is still a beast, and homo sapiens are still homo sapiens

1 Like

Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by KnownUnknown: 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
BassReeves:
You don't have to be impressed that an ape offered a hooman a helping hand

I posted the picture to prove exactly that apes care for fellow primate, unlike most hoomans, hence there is nothing wrong in the God prerogative to make man have so many similarities with the beasts called Apes.

Using the actions of one ape to prove something detrimental about human behavior is hasty generalization. You say the ape cares for a fellow primate unlike hoomans but the hooman in the picture is caring for the ape therefore disproving your claim. Anyway, we agree about the similarities.

BassReeves:

Apes clearly are beasts hence it is easy to understand, when they exhibit objectionable or unpleasant behaviour(s)

Habitat loss inarguably is one of the greatest threat to all animals like them, and its the elimination or alteration of the natural living conditions necessary for these beasts to survive what leads to, instances like that of chimps killing people in Uganda.

Apes clearly are beasts hence it is easy to understand, when they exhibit objectionable or unpleasant behaviour(s). Therefore, it would be imprudent of God to make man have similarities to these beasts

Habitat loss inarguably is one of the greatest threat to all people like them, and its the elimination or alteration of the natural living conditions necessary for people to survive that led to, instances like that of Israelites killing men, women, and children except the virgins in Midian.
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by Mystery9(m): 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2021
falcon01:
If God created man, who created God? This is a simple and yet a complex question, depends on your stance.
Please I am begging you, go and watch 'Before Genesis by prophet Ulbert Angel' on YouTube
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by KnownUnknown: 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2021
BassReeves:

What evil to the reader would budaatum have scored with that inventiveness?

That was lying not inventiveness. There was no creativity or original thought. Just a lie and a co-option of the Good Samaritan parable.
Budaatum was just fostering the current environment we live in where propaganda is disseminated all over the internet and the liars say it's for a good cause. All it takes is a picture and some bullshit caption.
Budaatum also claims the people he fooled are lazy. Well, if they are lazy why compound their ignorance by leading them on.
Budaatum thinks the lie is for a good cause, but that's what they all say.
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by BassReeves: 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
KnownUnknown:
Using the actions of one ape to prove something detrimental about human behavior is hasty generalization. You say the ape cares for a fellow primate unlike hoomans but the hooman in the picture is caring for the ape therefore disporving your claim. Anyway, we agree about the similarities.
Animals generally are beasts, and so can be unpredictable, one chimp might care for a human, but another chimp in a similar situation won't think twice before ripping a human being's face off.

KnownUnknown:
Apes clearly are beasts hence it is easy to understand, when they exhibit objectionable or unpleasant behaviour(s). Therefore, it would be imprudent of God to make man have similarities to these beasts

Habitat loss inarguably is one of the greatest threat to all people like them, and its the elimination or alteration of the natural living conditions necessary for people to survive that led to, instances like that of Israelites killing men, women, and children except the virgins in Midian.
Beloved its you having the hump over why did God make man have so many similarities with the beasts called Apes. Remember?

You ask that question forgetting that God is Sovereign, meaning that God can act and do anything independently and do so without outside interference or anyone poke their nose(s) into His business, creation and creativity.

When you do start creating from scratch, an animal like a pygmy marmoset, the smallest monkey in the world, for instance, then maybe, we can start having a proper and worthwhile discussion because you by then would have paid your dues and earned the right to continue with this your determined inquisition.

Just get this clear, if not anything else, homo sapiens are made in the image of the Godhead and according to likeness of the Godhead

1 Like

Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by KnownUnknown: 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2021
BassReeves:
Animals generally are beasts, and so can be unpredictable, one chimp might care for a human, but another chimp in a similar situation won't think twice before ripping a human being's face off.

Beloved its you having the hump over why did God make man have so many similarities with the beasts called Apes. Remember?

You ask that question forgetting that God is Sovereign, meaning that God can act and do anything independently and do so without outside interference or anyone poke their nose(s) into His business, creation and creativity.

When you do start creating from scratch, an animal like a pygmy marmoset, the smallest monkey in the world, for instance, then maybe, we can start having a proper and worthwhile discussion because you by then would have paid your dues and earned the right to continue with this your determined inquisition.

Just get this clear, if not anything else, homo sapiens are made in the image of the Godhead and according to likeness of the Godhead

Okay, the Godhead is a Supernatural Ape. I knew the Indians were on to something with the Monkey God.
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by BassReeves: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2021
KnownUnknown:
That was lying not inventiveness. There was no creativity or original thought. Just a lie and a co-option of the Good Samaritan parable.
Budaatum was just fostering the current environment we live in where propaganda is disseminated all over the internet and the liars say it's for a good cause. All it takes is a picture and some bullshit caption.
Budaatum also claims the people he fooled are lazy. Well, if they are lazy why compound their ignorance by leading them on.
Budaatum thinks the lie is for a good cause, but that's what they all say.
Matthew 13:12
'For whoever has [spiritual wisdom because he is receptive to God’s word], to him more will be given,
and he will be richly and abundantly supplied;
but whoever does not have [spiritual wisdom because he has devalued God’s word], even what he has will be taken away from him.
'

Luke 8:18
'So be careful how you listen; for whoever has [a teachable heart], to him more [understanding] will be given;
and whoever does not have [a longing for truth], even what he thinks he has will be taken away from him.”
'

1 Kings 22:19-23
'19Then Micaiah continued,
“Listen to what the LORD says! I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the armies of heaven around him, on his right and on his left.
20And the LORD said, ‘Who can entice Ahab to go into battle against Ramoth-gilead so he can be killed?’
“There were many suggestions,
21and finally a spirit approached the LORD and said, ‘I can do it!’
22“‘How will you do this?’ the LORD asked.
“And the spirit replied, ‘I will go out and inspire all of Ahab’s prophets to speak lies.’
“‘You will succeed,’ said the LORD. ‘Go ahead and do it.’
23“So you see, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all your prophets. For the LORD has pronounced your doom.”
'

Did you notice how you avoided giving what evil exactly to the reader would budaatum have scored with the inventiveness?

budatuum, is absolutely correct, because you can't con or fool a man/woman, except you feed their laziness, ignorance and ego. It's all in the detail and when you do not concentrate on the details, you may run into unexpected problems and Matthew 13:12 and Luke 8:18 above are self explanatory of the consequences of that (e.g. their ignorance is compounded)
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by BassReeves: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2021
KnownUnknown:
[s]Okay, the Godhead is a Supernatural Ape.

I knew the Indians were on to something with the Monkey God.[/s]
Acts 17:22-31
'22Paul stood in the middle of the Areopagus, and said, "You men of Athens, I perceive that you are very religious in all things.
23For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription: 'TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.'
What therefore you worship in ignorance, this I announce to you.

24The God who made the world and all things in it, He, being Lord of heaven and earth, doesn't dwell in temples made with hands,
25neither is He served by men's hands, as though He needed anything, seeing He himself gives to all life and breath, and all things.
26He made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the surface of the earth, having determined appointed seasons, and the boundaries of their dwellings,
27that they should seek the Lord, if perhaps they might reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.
28'For in Him we live, and move, and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also his offspring.'
29Being then the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold, or silver, or stone, engraved by art and design of man.
30The times of ignorance therefore God overlooked. But now he commands that all people everywhere should repent,
31because He has appointed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained; of which He has given assurance to all men, in that He has raised Him from the dead."
'

God has nothing physically similar with apes and you for that your 'the Godhead is a Supernatural Ape' blasphemy have increasingly descended more to a level, lesser than that of an animal and you also with it, proved that you're just as ignorant as the Indians

1 Like

Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by KnownUnknown: 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
BassReeves:
Matthew 13:12
'For whoever has [spiritual wisdom because he is receptive to God’s word], to him more will be given,
and he will be richly and abundantly supplied;
but whoever does not have [spiritual wisdom because he has devalued God’s word], even what he has will be taken away from him.
'

Luke 8:18
'So be careful how you listen; for whoever has [a teachable heart], to him more [understanding] will be given;
and whoever does not have [a longing for truth], even what he thinks he has will be taken away from him.”
'

1 Kings 22:19-23
'19Then Micaiah continued,
“Listen to what the LORD says! I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the armies of heaven around him, on his right and on his left.
20And the LORD said, ‘Who can entice Ahab to go into battle against Ramoth-gilead so he can be killed?’
“There were many suggestions,
21and finally a spirit approached the LORD and said, ‘I can do it!’
22“‘How will you do this?’ the LORD asked.
“And the spirit replied, ‘I will go out and inspire all of Ahab’s prophets to speak lies.’
“‘You will succeed,’ said the LORD. ‘Go ahead and do it.’
23“So you see, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all your prophets. For the LORD has pronounced your doom.”
'

Did you notice how you avoided giving what evil exactly to the reader would budaatum have scored with the inventiveness?

budatuum, is absolutely correct, because you can't con or fool a man/woman, except you feed the laziness, ignorance and ego. It's all in the detail and when you do not concentrate on the details, you may run into unexpected problems and Matthew 13:12 and Luke 8:18 above are self explanatory of the consequences of that (e.g. their ignorance is compounded)

I already gave it. The person was just lying and there was nothing inventive in about it. Inventiveness means having the ability to create or design new things or to think originally. Captioning the picture truthfully could have conveyed the message without the lies.
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by KnownUnknown: 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2021
BassReeves:
Acts 17:22-31
'22Paul stood in the middle of the Areopagus, and said, "You men of Athens, I perceive that you are very religious in all things.
23For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription: 'TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.'
What therefore you worship in ignorance, this I announce to you.

24The God who made the world and all things in it, He, being Lord of heaven and earth, doesn't dwell in temples made with hands,
25neither is He served by men's hands, as though He needed anything, seeing He himself gives to all life and breath, and all things.
26He made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the surface of the earth, having determined appointed seasons, and the boundaries of their dwellings,
27that they should seek the Lord, if perhaps they might reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.
28'For in Him we live, and move, and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also his offspring.'
29Being then the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold, or silver, or stone, engraved by art and design of man.
30The times of ignorance therefore God overlooked. But now he commands that all people everywhere should repent,
31because He has appointed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained; of which He has given assurance to all men, in that He has raised Him from the dead."
'

God has nothing physically similar with apes and you for that your 'the Godhead is a Supernatural Ape' blasphemy have increasingly descended more to a level, lesser than that of an animal and you also with it, proved that you're just as ignorant as the Indians

I see why you insult me but what did the Indians do to you?!!!!
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by BassReeves: 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
KnownUnknown:
I already gave it.
No you didnt. You never named what the evil he perpetrated.

KnownUnknown:
The person was just lying and there was nothing inventive in about it.
You call it lying that budaatum's little poetic licence to embroider a good education provision?
Is it a malicious lie? Is it evil-intentioned?
Did it educate morally and have a propensity to improve someone?

KnownUnknown:
Inventiveness means having the ability to create or design new things or to think originally.
Well if budaatum didnt do the latter,mat least budatuum executed and carried out the former

KnownUnknown:
Captioning the picture truthfully could have conveyed the message without the lies.
budatuum skilfully crafted and created a new and extra flavour off the original

1 Like

Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by BassReeves: 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2021
KnownUnknown:
I see why you insult me!!!!
C'mon grow a thick skin. I merely paid you back with your coin.
What do you think it is, when you drew the first blood, with you calling the Godhead a 'Supernatural Ape', hmm?
Didnt you considered that speaking about the Godhead in that your lacking good manners, refinement and grace description is disrespectful and scornful?

KnownUnknown:
... but what did the Indians do to you?!!!!
The men of Athens, even in their paganism and ignorance recognised that there is 'AN UNKNOWN GOD' but the Indians are worse off in that with their idolatry, they are worshipping a half man half monkey

1 Like

Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by KnownUnknown: 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2021
BassReeves:
C'mon grow a thick skin. I merely paid you back with your coin.
What do you think it is, when you drew the first blood, with you calling the Godhead a 'Supernatural Ape', hmm?
Didnt you considered that speaking about the Godhead in that your lacking good manners, refinement and grace description is disrespectful and scornful?

The men of Athens, even in their paganism and ignorance recognised that there is 'AN UNKNOWN GOD' but the Indians are worse off in that with their idolatry, they are worshipping a half man half monkey

Who told you I’m offended? I said I see why you insult me. The apelike characteristics of the Godhead must have triggered your emotions. I do find it interesting that you take the Supernatural Ape as an insult. I followed your reasoning. Man has similarities with Apes, Man was made in the image of God. Therefore, God has apelike features and the Godhead is a Super natural Ape. Judging by the way you responded to Supernatural Ape, It seems you are the Godhead I drew first blood from.

I was just wondering about your beef with the Indians. Now I see you’re not sophisticated enough to understand the Indian mysteries and cosmogony.
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by BassReeves: 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2021
KnownUnknown:
[s]Who told you I’m offended?! I said I see why you insult me. [/s]
If you didnt feel offended, you wouldnt have made mention of insult, because I never insulted you anyway

KnownUnknown:
[s]The apelike characteristics of the Godhead must have triggered your emotions.[/s]
You knew what you are doing calling the Godhead a Supernatural Ape so dont play the 'triggered your emotions' card here

KnownUnknown:
[s]I do find it interesting that you take the Supernatural Ape as an insult.[/s]
You calling the Godhead the Supernatural Ape was said out of ignorance and not really an intentional insult

KnownUnknown:
[s]I followed your reasoning. Man has similarities with Apes, Man was made in the image of God. Therefore, God has apelike features and the Godhead is a Super Ape.[/s]
Enjoy yourself as you roll about and lie in your ignorance of mud

KnownUnknown:
[s]I was just wondering about your beef with the Indians. Now I see you’re not sophisticated enough to understand the Indian mysteries and cosmogony.[/s]
I am sophisticated enough not to worship a half man half monkey

1 Like

Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by KnownUnknown: 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2021
BassReeves:
No you didnt. You never named what the evil he perpetrated.

You call it lying that budaatum's little poetic licence to embroider a good education provision?
Is it a malicious lie? Is it evil-intentioned?
Did it educate morally and have a propensity to improve someone?

Well if budaatum didnt do the latter,mat least budatuum executed and carried out the former

budatuum skilfully crafted and created a new and extra flavour off the original

The evil committed is lying. There was nothing skillfully crafted or created or new. Just lies.
But people inculcated with lies don’t value truth, so you have my empathy.
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by BassReeves: 10:49pm On Aug 15, 2021
KnownUnknown:
The evil committed is lying. There was nothing skillfully crafted or created or new. Just lies.
1. Is it a malicious lie? Yes it is a malicious or No, it isnt a malicious lie?
2. Is it evil-intentioned?
2b. Are all lies evil-intentioned?
3. Did it educate morally and have a propensity to improve someone? Yes, it educate morally and has a propensity to improve someone or No, it doesnt educate morally and has no propensity to improve someone?

1 Like

Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by KnownUnknown: 10:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
BassReeves:
If you didnt feel offended, you wouldnt have made mention of insult, because I never insulted you anyway

You knew what you are doing calling the Godhead a Supernatural Ape so dont play the 'triggered your emotions' card here

You calling the Godhead the Supernatural Ape was said out of ignorance and not really an intentional insult

Enjoy yourself as you roll about and lie in your ignorance of mud

I am sophisticated enough not to worship a half man half monkey

Lower than an animal is quite an insult but it’s also funny given the context. The Supernatural Ape is an apt description judging by the deeds of the Godhead. You know how an ornery ape could rip your face off if angered? The Godhead is similar with all the smiting, killing, drowning etc. It’s like King Kong throwing a fit. Except it’s a super sized King Kong that can hold the earth in his palm.

You’re sophisticated enough not to worship a half man half monkey but not quite sophisticated enough to disbelieve that the Supernatural Ape roamed around the desert with one particular group for 40 years.
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by BassReeves: 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2021
KnownUnknown:
Lower than an animal is quite an insult
Its an apt description of the level of descent your moral degeneracy slid down to

KnownUnknown:
but it’s also funny given the context.
What's funny, is that given the context, you havent created from scratch, an animal like a pygmy marmoset, the smallest monkey in the world, you havent paid any dues and so havent earned the right to engage anyone with your determined inquisition.

KnownUnknown:
[s]The Supernatural Ape is an apt description judging by the deeds of the Godhead. You know how an ornery ape could rip your face off if angered? The Godhead is similar with all the smiting, killing, drowning etc. It’s like King Kong throwing a fit. Except it’s a super sized King Kong that can hold the earth in his palm.

You’re sophisticated enough not to worship a half man half monkey but not quite sophisticated enough to disbelieve that the Supernatural Ape roamed around the desert with one particular group for 40 years. [/s]
The succinct description given of your bestial behaviour and the level of descent your moral degeneracy slid down to betrayed the darkened state of your soul.
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by KnownUnknown: 4:42am On Aug 16, 2021
BassReeves:
Its an apt description of the level of descent your moral degeneracy slid down to

What's funny, is that given the context, you havent created from scratch, an animal like a pygmy marmoset, the smallest monkey in the world, you havent paid any dues and so havent earned the right to engage anyone with your determined inquisition.

The succinct description given of your bestial behaviour and the level of descent your moral degeneracy slid down to betrayed
the darkened state of your soul.

You’re severely mistaken. I have no soul!
Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by BassReeves: 7:50am On Aug 16, 2021
KnownUnknown:
You’re severely mistaken.
Denying the truth doesnt change the fact, you see, denial is a protective device, a shock absorber for the soul. It prevents one from acknowledging reality until one's prepared to cope with that particular reality. I can shout and scream the truth at you, but you will not see or hear it until you are ready.

KnownUnknown:
I have no soul!
If you have no soul, so what have you then?

1 Like

Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by budaatum: 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
KnownUnknown:

I seriously am lost for words at what to say to you.
And I say so after serving a 24 hour ban!

Re: Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? by ikes9(m): 1:19am On Aug 17, 2021
Man is God's greatest prize,we are the apple of His eyes that is why even after Adam and Eve sinned(rebellion,the very same thing Lucifer and the third of the stars did) Jesus Christ came to die for us,to give us an inheritance and a better identity
Man is the only being created in God's image and likeness, when a person becomes born again what happens? Christ comes to dwell in the person's heart,and the Bible tells us that Father and Son are one,that means Father and Son live in our hearts,and guess what? The Bible also says we have been marked in Christ with the seal of promise which is the Holy Spirit. So God the Father,God the Son and God the Holy Spirit dwell in a believer (which is man)
So please tell me, which other being has such privilege??
In Christ man is an heir of God and joint heir with Christ,a member of God's household, Kings and priests unto God,a citizen of Heaven. As Christians God has raised us up with Christ Jesus and seated us in the Heavenly Realms IN Christ Jesus. And the Bible tells us that Christ is seated at the right hand of the Father, if we are seated IN Christ,doesn't that mean we are also seated at the right hand of the Father IN Christ
Which other created being has such privilege??

We should read scriptures and ask for understanding,if Christians understood the authority and power they have in Christ,the world would have been a better place but I thank God that we're getting there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catholic priest Father Martins Enegbuma assaulted parishioner as she visited on / Thirty Years War. / Do This Scripture Contradict Itself And Make The Bible Invalid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.