Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,632 members, 7,816,608 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign (51654 Views)

US Election Results: 6 Votes Remaining For Biden To Win / Trump Calls COVID’19 A “Chinese Virus” / Trump Calls Kim Darroch, UK Ambassador 'A Very Stupid Guy' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Krismas(m): 9:22am On Aug 16, 2021
naptu2:
More

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-bcz6sqr3mt0
coolMumu political talk. Trump knows very well that defeating the Taliban was impossible. Trump was the first American president to start negotiating with those Obama called TERRORISTS. Hoping to exit Afghanistan thru the backdoor. Wot he is saying is just self-promotional. Biden did the most sensible thing END THE CRACY SENSELESS WAR
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Fahdiga(m): 9:25am On Aug 16, 2021
lexy2014:

That was before Trump. Trump brought d republican party to an all time low. It was trump who made a very stupid watery deal with d Taliban in d first place that prompted d departure of US forces. One of d conditions of deal was that d US will leave Afghanistan if d Taliban promised not to accomodate terrorists groups. What type of dumb deal is that? Trump was also inviting d Taliban to d US for negotiations. I was just asking myself then, what is wrong with trump for Gods sake? What is he smoking?
Agreed. Trump goofed
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Fahdiga(m): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2021
muykem:
You forgot That withdrawal of US military started during Donald Trump and Biden followed his withdrawal plans to the letter.
Yeah I remembered. That was an expensive mistake from Trump
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Krismas(m): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2021
dohyn:
Trump is just an idiot who wants relevancy in any way possible and as usual, his fans have started mastur*bating all over this post.
This ultimately is an American failure, right from Bush jnr to Obama, trump and now Biden is left with the mess.
trump escalated this by negotiating with the Taliban and releasing 5000 taliban prisoners. He even invited the Taliban to Camp David for crying out loud!!!He was going to pull out of Afghanistan, Biden just finished the process.

That's his secretary of state negotiating with Taliban behind the back of the Afghan government. They laid the plans for this shit show to happen and then, turn around to blame Biden?

Anyways, if the Afghans too haven't learnt how to tackle Taliban in the 20 years that the West has been in their country, then shame to them. They just rolled over with no fight.
coolBut Afghanistan is Taliban and Taliban is Afghanistan. The US was the only odd man out, attempting to impose their way of LIES on the country.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by ofiko123(m): 9:28am On Aug 16, 2021
Wishing him happy resignation in advance...
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Cnach: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2021
Tony3245:
Na Nigeria I just dae pity. Make book haram no go form alliance with this other set of terrorist. Na dead zone.
On a serious note, we need to restructure this country before things get out of hand.

Kindly check my signature for your project write up, assignments, business proposals, advertisements, articles etc...
Kia no dey fear. Who be Boko Haram? See they can take over North, even aso rock and if West leave them they can enter bc of religion but u see South South and South East? Na until they kill all of us b4 they can take over
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Krismas(m): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:
Agreed. Trump goofed
coolWhatelse shud Trump have done? In Chess if u come to a ZugZwang position, the honorable thing is to resign.

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Fahdiga(m): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Fahdiga,ignatio and emptygarden come and read this
Negotiating with the Taliban is where I blame Trump
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Cnach: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:
So now what is the difference between truth and Biden ?
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Moorish: 9:38am On Aug 16, 2021
BafanaBafana:
Trump the ipob Messiah that year. He has found his voice.
On this very matter, Trump's plan has always been to pull US troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq.
It was also same Trump who pulled out US troops from the Syria Turkish border, leaving the Kurds who have been US allies at the mercy of the Turkish. Outright betrayal.
In my opinion, the Arabs should be left alone! Let them chart their own course. Every conflict in the middle east is either directly or indirectly related to the west.
Arabs should be left the f**k alone

I don’t think Afghans are Arabs tho

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by APOSTLECHUMA: 9:44am On Aug 16, 2021
HEZBOLLAH HAS INDIRECTLY TAKEN OVER LEBANON AND NOW WE HAVE TALIBAN TAKING OVER AFGANISTAN. WHO KNOWS, PERHAPS ONE DAY BOKO HARAM AND ISWAP WILL OVER-RUN NIGERIAN SOLDIERS AND OCCUPY ASO ROCK. MUSLIMS WORLD OVER, HAVE AN AGENDA AND IT IS TO MAKE THE ISLAMIC HALF MOON BECOME A FULL MOON BY THE WHOLE WORLD BECOMING ISLAMISED BY FORCE. CHRISTIANS SEEK YE NOT REPOSE, FOR YOUR GUARDIAN ANGELS SAY, YE ARE IN THE MIST OF FOES, WATCH AND PRAY.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by STRI1: 9:47am On Aug 16, 2021
Kriss216:
For 20 years Afghan Forces trained with US Military.
US spent $2billion those years on Afghanistan, yet Afghan forces couldn't hold the country for just few days of US evacuation.

Afghanistan as a country wanted the Talibans to rule them. Islam is always for war.

They've left since 2014

God bless the United States of America.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Skyfornia(m): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:
This is one area that Republicans are miles better than the Dems. Such a scenario like what is currently happening in Afghanistan can never happen under a leadership of the grand old party

You are 100% correct...the Talibans took advantage of the Democrats. But I'm very optimistic the Talibans government won't last...
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by STRI1: 9:50am On Aug 16, 2021
Kriss216:
For 20 years Afghan Forces trained with US Military.
US spent $2billion those years on Afghanistan, yet Afghan forces couldn't hold the country for just few days of US evacuation.

Afghanistan as a country wanted the Talibans to rule them. Islam is always for war.

God bless the United States of America.
They've left since 2014
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by ShedrachU(m): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2021
The drama is just started.

Now that the Taliban fighters have taken over the government, I smell a counter attack on America, it will be a retaliation.

Biden should get ready grin
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by chukel(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2021
optimistic0001:
I just hope America wont regret their decision in the near future. Trump is far stronger than many America President lately, under him, this can't happen this quick. Biden needs to learn some things from Trump especially boldness and political will.
how do you people just wake up and type nonsense. It was trump who hosted taliban leaders in camp david. He negotiated with them that american troops will all be evacuated by May 1st 2021. What the hell are you talking about. Biden just concluded what he initiated.

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2021
One republican president invaded Afghanistan, another republican president negotiated troops withdrawal. But it's all biden's fault grin
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Magnoliaa(f): 10:24am On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:

See soft landing.
If Trump did something wrong, it's an expensive mistake or a bad decision. If Biden did the same, he's not fit to be the president. grin Trump's (reckless) actions and utterances always have nothing to do with his person to y'all. Mtcheeeww.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Magnoliaa(f): 10:27am On Aug 16, 2021
ShedrachU:
The drama is just started.

Now that the Taliban fighters have taken over the government, I smell a counter attack on America, it will be a retaliation.

Biden should get ready grin

And if this should happen, it'll seem like a failure of Biden's governance or he's the cause of it.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Magnoliaa(f): 10:34am On Aug 16, 2021
Krismas:
coolWhatelse shud Trump have done? In Chess if u come to a ZugZwang position, the honorable thing is to resign.

So if Trump was still the president and had withdrawn the US troops like he planned to, would he have resigned now? undecided

Where una dey get una thinking faculties, sef??

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by MT: 10:37am On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:
This is one area that Republicans are miles better than the Dems. Such a scenario like what is currently happening in Afghanistan can never happen under a leadership of the grand old party

The same Trump that negotiated with Taliban without ensuring that the Afghanistan Govt had a good, smooth negotiation with the Taliban. I am not absolving Biden of any mistake, but your attempt to tout Trump as the next best thing after sliced bread was heavily flawed.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Krismas(m): 10:40am On Aug 16, 2021
Magnoliaa:

So if Trump was still the president and had withdrawn the US troops like he planned to, would he have resigned now? undecided

Where una dey get una thinking faculties, sef??
coolU are thinking upside down. I was only saying u don go into a battle dat has no exit strategy. Biden did what was honorable by exiting. Trump wud have done the same thing, so his complain, is just opposition talk. Politics, dats all

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by ensamy(m): 10:45am On Aug 16, 2021
Because of foolish Religion shocked shocked
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by crafteck(m): 10:57am On Aug 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Trump should shut da fuckkkkkkkkkk up

Activities of terrorists can not be quashed.....it can only be reduced at some point...and with time they grow strong again
Because terrorists are like hydra when their head is cut off then expect another head instantly as an outgrowth from other parts of the body

They gained alot of shit son....Americans and all those nations will never assist you if they have nothing to benefit

You are ignorant.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Magnoliaa(f): 11:07am On Aug 16, 2021
Krismas:
coolU are thinking upside down. I was only saying u don go into a battle dat has no exit strategy. Biden did what was honorable by exiting. Trump wud have done the same thing, so his complain, is just opposition talk. Politics, dats all

I see. So this is how confusion rises. The topic itself is misleading. I read it to mean Trump calling for Biden to resign as a president, but in his statement, no where did he call for Biden to step down as the president. Yes, I get it now it's all just "politics" stuff and he's only complaining about how Biden withdrew. He said Biden ran out, but he would have tactically withdrew. grin, And what you meant by resigning is Biden's exiting from Afghanistan, not his stepping down as a president, that the article erroneously claimed.

What's all this muddying and jamming of heads?

They are surely making me think rightside up.

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2021
bennybaba:
After two years of the Taliban in government I see America starting a new war against the Taliban kick starting another 20years of war...Defence industrial complex must chop.

Exactly!

Trump starved them, so they kicked him out. Now their man is there, food is ready.

Wars loading........... Make dem sha no add Naija for the list.

God pass dem.

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Flamemignon1(m): 11:23am On Aug 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Trump should shut da fuckkkkkkkkkk up

Activities of terrorists can not be quashed.....it can only be reduced at some point...and with time they grow strong again
Because terrorists are like hydra when their head is cut off then expect another head instantly as an outgrowth from other parts of the body

They gained alot of shit son....Americans and all those nations will never assist you if they have nothing to benefit

Wrong!!! No nation will help another nation unless they have something to benefit from them. We are humans, it's in our nature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by bayelsaowei(m): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2021
dohyn:
Trump is just an idiot who wants relevancy in any way possible and as usual, his fans have started mastur*bating all over this post.
This ultimately is an American failure, right from Bush jnr to Obama, trump and now Biden is left with the mess.
trump escalated this by negotiating with the Taliban and releasing 5000 taliban prisoners. He even invited the Taliban to Camp David for crying out loud!!!He was going to pull out of Afghanistan, Biden just finished the process.

That's his secretary of state negotiating with Taliban behind the back of the Afghan government. They laid the plans for this shit show to happen and then, turn around to blame Biden?

Anyways, if the Afghans too haven't learnt how to tackle Taliban in the 20 years that the West has been in their country, then shame to them. They just rolled over with no fight.
exactly my thoughts..if the afghan government hasn't built a very strong military over a period of 20 years and a close knit government over same period then i think they can't be helped any further...it seems the majority of Afghans love the talibans..

Except we are saying the US should keep steering Afghanistan forever or kuku just envelop Afghanistan as part of the US..

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Gandollaar(f): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2021
dohyn:

Biden tweeted same yesterday. But we can never know all the politics involved then and now.

Trump seems to be complaining about the hurried exit I guess.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 16, 2021
Biden failed, all the billions spent and man power sacrificed amount to nothing. Taliban did not win, America left.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by barcaboi(m): 11:50am On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:
Oga do your findings; Trump authorized the withdrawal of troops and that emboldened the talibans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DonaId Trump: I Will Give up Power If Electoral College Votes Biden In December / Israeli Navy Unit Shooting Hamas Terrorists At Sea (Video) / 60 Killed In Seoul Halloween Party Stampede, 150 Injured (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.