Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,124 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign (51647 Views)

US Election Results: 6 Votes Remaining For Biden To Win / Trump Calls COVID’19 A “Chinese Virus” / Trump Calls Kim Darroch, UK Ambassador 'A Very Stupid Guy' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by LoveJesus87(m): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Trump should shut da fuckkkkkkkkkk up

Activities of terrorists can not be quashed.....it can only be reduced at some point...and with time they grow strong again
Because terrorists are like hydra when their head is cut off then expect another head instantly as an outgrowth from other parts of the body

They gained alot of shit son....Americans and all those nations will never assist you if they have nothing to benefit

spot on. They are not fools
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by baralatie(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
EmptyGarden:
Imagine say na Trump be President now? This matter for be bread and butter for CNN.
grin

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by tundess: 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2021
cheesy cheesy
Anyone remember when Trump became POTUS and authorised the use of The Moab on a mountain complex in Afghanistan in 2017? Neither did the Taliban obviously grin grin
So much for "strenght"......

The evacuation and its disorganisation rests at Biden's desk. His staff and the Joint Chiefs failed. Woefully. I guess the only excuse they can give is that the expected the ASF to at least delay the Taliban onslaught for a few months.

But it was Trump that negotiated the withdrawal; without even involving the Afghan puppet government. And then coercing them to release thousands of talib prisoners who went straight back to fighting the government forces. All to keep the Taliban in the negotiations. Ben Wallace, UK Defence Secretary said the Trump administration deal was a "rotten deal" and so bad that he felt compelled to ask other NATO countries to expand their operations to counter the US drawdown. The NATO members declined. As expected considering how much the Trump administration had insulted and belittled NATO.

Trump has correctly recognised that Americans are exhausted with forever conflicts. Afghanistan being a prime example. He campaigned against Hillary on that principle.
His appeal to "strenght" is a fig leaf designed to mask America's retreat. He berated Obama for showing weakness against China and telegraphing US intentions to the Talibs. China is still undiminished (ask Pakistan and Afghanistan and Philippines etc) and the Talibs have won. Trumpian "strenght" is just televisual posturing. If it looks good on TV, it must be effective. The thoughts of a reality show orchestrator.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Fahdiga(m): 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
You and Republican should Go and Force Afghan to embrace Democracy Against their wish as you're all forced in Biafra land to practice monarchical governments. undecided

NONSENSICAL
Just continue dancing with your kettle in celebration of Taliban
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by SmartyPants(m): 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2021
BruncleZuma:
This clown that legitimised the Taliban by meeting with them and having a peace deal last year. And was going to pull out in a week like a Yaba Left tenant.

What do you mean legitimised? In the eyes of who and to what effect? So now that Biden has illegitimized or delegitimized them for you, has there been progress?

The taliban has always remained poised to reclaim power. A peace deal as the precursor to an organized exit was a sensible move.

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by mesmer: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fahdiga:
This is one area that Republicans are miles better than the Dems. Such a scenario like what is currently happening in Afghanistan can never happen under a leadership of the grand old party
I guess you are not a student of history.
Heard of The fall of Saigon?

It was a Republican President in the name Gerard Ford who over saw it. Guess what, it did happened under the old Republican party sir... Kindly learn your history.

2 Likes

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by nasbiafra(m): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
i sincerely miss trump

A no nonsense president

by now drones would have been operating in afghanistan

destroying asses of the talibans

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by lexy2014: 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
Moorish:

I don’t think Afghans are Arabs tho

No they aren't arabs
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Guardiola84: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
Providence2020:
Even though I prefer Trump to Biden, the situation happening right now was inevitable right from the start. What started out as a counter terrorism campaign eventually became a drawn out occupation/nation building project. Their futile efforts to install a puppet government didn't work out and all presidents present and past including Bush and Obama are to blame.

I believe Trump is the sensible one who called the middle east debacle a mess for which it is. He must've made plans for an organized withdrawal that involved prominent leaders of the Taliban and the afghan government.

However it's not that difficult to see things from the Taliban perspective, you can have a deal with the US but it really doesn't help when the guy you had an agreement with gets voted out of office grin it's like a circus that renews itself in washington. New variables and new politicians can't be trusted and truth be told nobody I repeat nobody is afraid of President Joe Biden.

The US took an L and the entire world is laughing hard right now

Remember the "peaceful" Obama and the drone strikes on children? Yep that was a nobel peace prize winner. Also the debacle in yemen and libya too(Benghazi) grin

Abeg relax, Trump the "warmonger" never went to war and his foreign policy that the Democrats insulted actually brought peace through Strength. Do you know that the Taliban has released thousands of US prisoners that were in Bahgram Air Base? This is happening while sleeping Joe is still allowing illegal migration into US cities. No checks no deportations. It is well

Bros oil dey your head sir,don't mind all d CNN brainwashed slaves on nairaland commenting rubbish about Trump, biden is a compound dickhead that's why dem thief election for him they know he can't win not even a state gubernatorial election
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Guardiola84: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2021
tundess:
cheesy cheesy
Anyone remember when Trump became POTUS and authorised the use of The Moab on a mountain complex in Afghanistan in 2017? Neither did the Taliban obviously grin grin
So much for "strenght"......

The evacuation and its disorganisation rests at Biden's desk. His staff and the Joint Chiefs failed. Woefully. I guess the only excuse they can give is that the expected the ASF to at least delay the Taliban onslaught for a few months.

But it was Trump that negotiated the withdrawal; without even involving the Afghan puppet government. And then coercing them to release thousands of talib prisoners who went straight back to fighting the government forces. All to keep the Taliban in the negotiations. Ben Wallace, UK Defence Secretary said the Trump administration deal was a "rotten deal" and so bad that he felt compelled to ask other NATO countries to expand their operations to counter the US drawdown. The NATO members declined. As expected considering how much the Trump administration had insulted and belittled NATO.

Trump has correctly recognised that Americans are exhausted with forever conflicts. Afghanistan being a prime example. He campaigned against Hillary on that principle.
His appeal to "strenght" is a fig leaf designed to mask America's retreat. He berated Obama for showing weakness against China and telegraphing US intentions to the Talibs. China is still undiminished (ask Pakistan and Afghanistan and Philippines etc) and the Talibs have won. Trumpian "strenght" is just televisual posturing. If it looks good on TV, it must be effective. The thoughts of a reality show orchestrator.

Oga mechieonu gi there biden is a failure, trump left WH since January biden is now in charge how mkt?foolish CNN brainwashed slaves
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Guardiola84: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2021
flinton:
Trump should take a chill pill

Withdrawing d troops is not d problem but d manner in which d withdrawing is made,right now its obvious biden America is weak n disorganized in d eyes of d world ,fake president, fake inflation, fake CRT,fake border policy,fake vaccine passport mandates now fake military withdrawal at Afghanistan biden is a complete failure let's tell ourselves d truth
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by bukatyne(f): 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2021
Trump and Biden interestingly have a sort of resemblance to me.

@Trump: cruise catcher. cheesy
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Guardiola84: 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

What is wrong with you angry trump was not rigged out he lost fair and square.

What Biden is implementing started under trump and it was trump's idea learn to read before talking and stop embarrassing yourself on a public forum

I don't even know how some CNN brainwashed slaves reason at all,u people on CNN rubbished everything trump did while office n were claiming biden would do better n later rigged him out in election ,now why did u biden continue with trump military withdrawal policy ?d same trump u claimed is deadbrain n wanna destroy America? Pls trump left WH in January biden is in charge now n d whole have seen how wealk ,disorganized n directionless America is now ,Obama was right biden bleeps everything up,d idiot is even on vacation while d Taliban army is chasing Americans out of Afghanistan imagine!!rubbish
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Guardiola84: 3:10pm On Aug 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

What Biden is implementing started under trump and it was trump's idea learn to read before talking and stop embarrassing yourself on a public forum

I don't even know how some CNN brainwashed slaves reason at all,u people on CNN rubbished everything trump did while office n were claiming biden would do better n later rigged him out in election ,now why did u biden continue with trump military withdrawal policy ?d same trump u claimed is deadbrain n wanna destroy America? Pls trump left WH in January biden is in charge now n d world have seen how wealk ,disorganized n directionless America is now ,Obama was right biden bleeps everything up,d idiot is even on vacation while d Taliban army is chasing Americans out of Afghanistan imagine!!rubbish
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Elonmuzk(m): 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
What is that nonentity talking about? Was it not Trump that negotiated with Taliban, even invited them to the US and agreed on troops withdrawal with them? Was it not the same deranged Trump that released Beradar from Pakistani prison in 2018? I hate when that idiot makes stupid statements like this one. This is Mike Pompeo with Beradar just last year!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Elonmuzk(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Dude, stop arguing with little urchins here, you are wasting your time. Just ignore them, Trump is like their mini-god.

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Elidrisy20: 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2021
Trump that dropped mother of all bombs in Taliban, but what happen?
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by NSK4U(m): 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2021
America flag being lowered down is really a disgrace.
Heaven knows Trump would never have allowed that!
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2021
Guardiola84:

[s] don't even know how some CNN brainwashed slaves reason at all,u people on CNN rubbished everything trump did while office n were claiming biden would do better n later rigged him out in election ,now why did u biden continue with trump military withdrawal policy ?d same trump u claimed is deadbrain n wanna destroy America? Pls trump left WH in January biden is in charge now n d whole have seen how wealk ,disorganized n directionless America is now ,Obama was right biden bleeps everything up,d idiot is even on vacation while d Taliban army is chasing Americans out of Afghanistan imagine!!rubbish[/s]

Balderdash,next time shut up and read and stop talking especially on issues you have zero idea of since you don't know that trump wanted to withdraw American troops and make a deal with the Taliban and released over a 1000 of their fighters so if we are being fair how isn't it trump's fault
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2021
NSK4U:
America flag being lowered down is really a disgrace.
Heaven knows Trump would never have allowed that!

Stop overhyping trump he would never have done anything different he even released more terrorist as a failed or botched peace treaty with the Taliban say what you know angry
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2021
Elonmuzk:
Dude, stop arguing with little urchins here, you are wasting your time. Just ignore them, Trump is like their mini-god.

I am a lady.

Thanks,trump is really their idol

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Elonmuzk(m): 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

I am a lady.

Thanks,trump is really their idol
Lol, my bad *Lady smiley

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by dohyn(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2021
Trump's plan was to leave in September this year and he even said so in April 2021. I might be wrong but I doubt leaving a few weeks earlier is the cause of this palaver.

The Afghan military and Govt were not ready to handle the Taliban. However, if after 20 years, they still didn't have enough training for the Taliban, then it's on then.

Don't forget though too that Trump's deal included the release of 5000 Taliban prisoners who have likely taken up arms again.

Gandollaar:
Biden tweeted same yesterday. But we can never know all the politics involved then and now.

Trump seems to be complaining about the hurried exit I guess.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Gandollaar(f): 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2021
dohyn:
Trump's plan was to leave in September this year and he even said so in April 2021. I might be wrong but I doubt leaving a few weeks earlier is the cause of this palaver.

The Afghan military and Govt were not ready to handle the Taliban. However, if after 20 years, they still didn't have enough training for the Taliban, then it's on then.

Don't forget though too that Trump's deal included the release of 5000 Taliban prisoners who have likely taken up arms again.

I agree with you. I'm waiting to see the type of recognition the new government will get from the rest of the world in the coming days.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Gandollaar(f): 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
Elonmuzk:
Lol grin

I'm sure you are feeling like the real Elon Musk wink
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Elonmuzk(m): 7:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
Gandollaar:
Lol grin

I'm sure you are feeling like the real Elon Musk wink
"You can say that again". We have similar traits, he's just richer grin grin
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Sleekfingers: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
Tony3245:
Na Nigeria I just dae pity. Make book haram no go form alliance with this other set of terrorist. Na dead zone.
On a serious note, we need to restructure this country before things get out of hand.

Kindly check my signature for your project write up, assignments, business proposals, advertisements, articles etc...

Boko Haram wey don form alliance with al qaeda and isis long time ago......we are sitting on a ballistic missile......
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by caandi: 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2021
Trunk again? Pls let Biden be . These people don’t love you. Let them be
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by Krismas(m): 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I see. So this is how confusion rises. The topic itself is misleading. I read it to mean Trump calling for Biden to resign as a president, but in his statement, no where did he call for Biden to step down as the president. Yes, I get it now it's all just "politics" stuff and he's only complaining about how Biden withdrew. He said Biden ran out, but he would have tactically withdrew. grin, And what you meant by resigning is Biden's exiting from Afghanistan, not his stepping down as a president, that the article erroneously claimed.j

What's all this muddying and jamming of heads?

They are surely making me think rightside up.
coolU brilliant

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by authority2006(m): 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kriss216:
For 20 years Afghan Forces trained with US Military.
US spent $2billion those years on Afghanistan, yet Afghan forces couldn't hold the country for just few days of US evacuation.

Afghanistan as a country wanted the Talibans to rule them. Islam is always for war.

God bless the United States of America.

You missed the point here, may be it has to do with your hatred for Islam. What you missed is that, you can't give people what they don't want.
Re: Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign by harveyosho1(m): 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2021
FOXDOSSIER:

So why is Trump calling for Biden to resign? Meanwhile show me where Trump initiated US withdrawal
Trump and tantrums are like 5&6 grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DonaId Trump: I Will Give up Power If Electoral College Votes Biden In December / Israeli Navy Unit Shooting Hamas Terrorists At Sea (Video) / 60 Killed In Seoul Halloween Party Stampede, 150 Injured (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.