Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) (81495 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Dixie Wildfire Becomes The Largest In California History(Pix) / Biden Wins More Votes Than Any Candidate In US History, Breaks Obama's Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
falseprophet:
Afghanistan is not in any chaos, the streets are safer now than when America were running things.

Taliban is already offering amnesty to saboteurs and it can only get better from here.

Don't let western media fool you into thinking "Afghanistan have fallen"

They are safer for you, buy you're not a woman or little girl who will be forced into marriage (rape). But I'm sure you knew that and would properly fit in well alongside the Taliban.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
bokoharam and nairaland zombie members are all happy at the victory of the talibans....
very funny set of northern illiterates..... undecided
You southern bastard, what is the correlation between North and this news and what made u wrote this nonsensical statement.
undecided undecided
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:

Lol

Since Trump deal in Dubai till 17 August 2021 what should Biden do differently amidst growing internal and external debt ... Need for SBA loan and EDD with other Stimulus package to stimulate American economy

Bro Biden pulled out intelligently and daring them to do their worst

Bro, there is nothing intelligent about Biden's pull out. On the contrary, it shows a white house that didn't have any contingency plans, that didn't do a proper risk assessment before the pull out, and that erroneously underated the Taliban. So you think need to stimulate the American economy and other excuses you gave is the reason for this shambolic pull out? Lol.

You will know Biden messed up big time when even the prime minister of a country that is the number 1 ally of the US (UK) is indirectly putting the blame for this mess on the US.

And for your information, economy, debts have never stopped the US from carrying out anything militarily!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Banker247: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
Best speech in history....If the Afghan government had put up a good fight, they could ve been assisted....Why will I initiate a war in which I
cannot see my way through....Who am I fighting for? The same government that has already accepted defeat? of-course No!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2021
Meninmen:

Bro, there is nothing intelligent about Biden's pull out. On the contrary, it shows a white house that didn't have any contingency plans, that didn't do a proper risk assessment before the pull out, and that erroneously underated the Taliban. So you think need to stimulate the American economy and other excuses you gave is the reason for this shambolic pull out? Lol.

You will know Biden messed up big time when even the prime minister of a country that is the number 1 ally of the US (UK) is indirectly putting the blame for this mess on the US.

And for your information, economy, debts have never stopped the US from carrying out anything militarily!

It was the US Military's contingency plans. And no-one will believe they didn't have any. Plans are only as good as the intelligence you get and and I don't think Biden had intelligence saying the Afghan army we trained for 20 years at a cost of almost 100Billion US would lay their guns down and run away and the Taliban would take over the country in a week. Shit, the President fled. Maybe, they should have known. I believe in helping people, but I can't send my family to fight/die for you if yours won't fight/die for you. I was mad seeing all those young men fleeing the country... pick up a gun and defend your home.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Krismas(m): 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2021
Freebills12:
[color=#770077][/color]
The question should be 'is America really fighting this war for the Afghan or for herself?... bearing in mind that all the lslamic terrorist groups will converge at Afghanistan to fight her especially Al Qaeda
coolForget propaganda, check carefully, u will see Al-qaeda doesn’t attack civilian targets. Al-qaeda did not fight in the Afghan war. They were never on ground. It was all a lie in d first place

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by OmoEpe(m): 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
abbey621:
Forget the media hysterics and the political rhetoric, the USA had to leave afghanistan at some point. Trump started it and Biden completed it, what we are seeing now is the realizsation that all the money and the weapons/training given to the Afghan government was ofutufete, they are all one and the same with the Taliban. You can't fight people's war for them, it is clear the afghan people are in love with the Taliban, just like the Northerners are in love with Boko Haram, Herdsmen or whatever!

And igbos with IPOB/ESN

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by osazsky(m): 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
At time I dont know if its nigeria or usa that is a zoo confused white monkeys.u guys condemned trumped for wasting tax payers money in afangan..told him to withdraw troops now Biden gave u ur wishes..then y this..Nigerians and americans are Terrible people no one can govern them.last two months when america troops started leaving Afghan it was celebrated like Christmas..y are they wailing the men are happy with the Taliban what is wrong with the women are they not muslims.is a muslim woman suppose to work in a bank or get a PhD I dont get it..u dont like western education u prefer Islamic studies y then are they wailing..allow afghan children and women into your country at ur own peril dont start complaining 9 years time o..a word is enough for the wise..

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IkwereIgbo: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2021
Lovenorth:

The flat head can never be allowed to head a vital position in this country forever

You round heads has been living under the Igbo man-made decree 34.

The bigger joke is on you slave, come and change it. So we are still ruling you.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by abbey621(m): 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2021
OmoEpe:

And igbos with IPOB/ESN

Yep, can't save people that don't want to be saved.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IkwereIgbo: 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:

cool

Mutual feelings... Not expecting any political logical comment from a flat header whose ancestors down to him and ethnicity of 30 million humanoid can't produce a fvcking President in 50 years , vice in 35, senate President in 15 , Speaker in 35.... I mean they can't even gain independence from a fellow black African Nigeria to have a Biafra Nation

I guess eating akpu is the only feat they are meant to achieve

The present might of the Central Government has its root to decree No. 34 of General Aguiyi Ironsi.

It's only a house boy like you and a low-class animal that doesn't know that you are a slave to the Igbos for life.

A tribe who gave you independence and still control your economy, an idiot from a most useless coward tribe in Nigeria want to speak when the real landowners are talking, we control your city and make you an immigrant in our region, who truly rule this nation, the bigger joke is on you.

We will continue to dominate you animals...See your region, you are close to second class. Who presidency help,with or without we are what we are.

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by OmoEpe(m): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
brightalo1010:
anyone that didn't support your baseless and useless sentiment is either fulani or yoruba, zuzurugi puo nu uzo. Even the platform you are ranting on is for who if I may ask. Your iberiberism won't let you think well beyond bigotry level.

wasting usa Tax payers money on a useless war in another man's country which Biden felt he no longer want is what you're here making noise about. Onye kwue okwu isi na obu MBA ozo. Ishi adikwa gi nma?

USA has left and you are free to send ESN UGM and IPOB there to fight for Afghanistan citizens since you have them so much in mind. Why are you on NL ranting? Onye Ala

Taliban aren't on chestbearers level. Even their supreme leader knows that Taliban is different from Buhari
Common OBJ they can't try their rubbish with. Buhari indecisive leadership is what has made the mosquitoes IPOB appear like an Eagle

Who born dem papa? Awon da?
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by lexy2014: 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
kayjay69:
military strategists say the US cannot commit their entire resources to Afghanistan or any one country alone. if they do, they run the risk of other nations running wild. so you see, even if iraq was not invaded, i do not think the taliban could have been vanquished entirely.

a majority of the people there are deeply conservative. the US installed government was corrupt and inept, the people in government were the direct antithesis of the average afghani. so unless the US dropped an atomic bomb on the entire Afghan people and started all over (which is near impossible) then the outcome was always going to be the same.

just like vietnam, it was a lost cause from the beginning simply because the US felt as they always do that the people of Afghanistan would support them in liberating themselves from the Taliban.

there are countries out there that need true liberation, Nigeria for example, but you won't see the US come to our aid. Rather they would go to places such as Iraq and Afghanistan where not only are they deeply unpopular but they tend to overestimate their reputation.

the US didnt go to afghanistan in d first place for d purpose of "liberating" afghanistan from d taliban. so d issue of liberation doesnt arise. d US was also never interested in vanquishing d taliban. it only intended to deter and weaken d taliban considerably after it had settled in and achieved its goals. d iraq war was its biggest distraction. its strategy was to invest in d afghan army both financially and militarily so as to equip them with d ability of securing d country. unfortuanately, d ruling political and military elite were only interested in lining their pockets with american financial aid. d afghan military had d same 20years that d Taliban had and with better support and funding. why then couldn't they defend their country? how u say d US "installled" a corrupt govt in afghanistan is difficult to grasp when d general attitude of d people toward d taliban is laughable.

am not sure how and why u think d US will come and liberate nigeria and under what pretext that they would want to embark on such a venture

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Blackbishop(m): 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
Righteousness2:
Way back, we spoke on how America ( The Sleeping Giant) has become a shadow of itself.
I said here that America has become a bunch of Clown, heading for Destruction and on the edge of Oblivion.

The USA did not just become a world Power because they had the Dollar. It is GOD ALMIGHTY that makes Kings and Brings down kings. The POWERS that be are Ordained by GOD. GOD Blessed the USA and made her a Super Power.

The USA has over the years deviated from the laid down Godly Foundation of the Founding Fathers. The USA was built on Judaic Godly Principles but today it has become a Cesspool of Iniquity, Abominations, Lawlessness ,unGodliness and everything evil.

Trump who was seen as Unqualified and a Fornicator was GOD'S Mercy on the USA to turn them back to their root. I remember I kept vocing it here that Trump is a Mercy Period.

What is happening now to the USA is just a shadow of what is Coming. When GOD Invest in you and you mess up! Once your cup gets full , it is Disater and Destruction.

America today From its Leadership has turned its back on GOD.
GOD has also turned HIS back on her.

If GOD turned His First Born Isreal to a graveyard and drove them out of their land when they messed up, America aka Babylon the Great will not be Spared.

My Admonishment to all and sundry is this, in this Endtimes, there are Nations that are appointed for Destruction, so ensure you seek God's Face and Permission before you go on that trip, because GOD will only protect the Person he sends to a place.

Am amazed at your level of reasoning even though have made it a serious point to always ignore your short sightedness but how in the world can you meddle religion into world politics. So the common did not tell you that fighting war for 20years and not result it’s better to leave it abi?
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Krismas(m): 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
kayjay69:
military strategists say the US cannot commit their entire resources to Afghanistan or any one country alone. if they do, they run the risk of other nations running wild. so you see, even if iraq was not invaded, i do not think the taliban could have been vanquished entirely.

a majority of the people there are deeply conservative. the US installed government was corrupt and inept, the people in government were the direct antithesis of the average afghani. so unless the US dropped an atomic bomb on the entire Afghan people and started all over (which is near impossible) then the outcome was always going to be the same.

just like vietnam, it was a lost cause from the beginning simply because the US felt as they always do that the people of Afghanistan would support them in liberating themselves from the Taliban.

there are countries out there that need true liberation, Nigeria for example, but you won't see the US come to our aid. Rather they would go to places such as Iraq and Afghanistan where not only are they deeply unpopular but they tend to overestimate their reputation.
coolWen did Afghans ever tell u they didn’t want the Taliban? Ur analysis is lap-dogging western fables. Taliban is Afghan and Afghan is Taliban
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Walex124(m): 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:

Literacy means ability to read and write... Only a dunce would read a comment and call anyone an illiterate even after reading

You hypocrite Nigerian Christians... Joe Biden gave you options to volunteer yourself and head to Afghanistan if you so much care about Afghanistan citizens, he is just not drafting American citizens

Simple!!!!

don't mind them, the only thing that make them happy is bad news ...
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by EndBuhariNow(m): 11:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
America become weaker under sleepy Joe... Americans just voted another clown �
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
IjeBos:

It was the US Military's contingency plans. And no-one will believe they didn't have any. Plans are only as good as the intelligence you get and and I don't think Biden had intelligence saying the Afghan army we trained for 20 years at a cost of almost 100Billion US would lay their guns down and run away and the Taliban would take over the country in a week. Shit, the President fled. Maybe, they should have known. I believe in helping people, but I can't send my family to fight/die for you if yours won't fight/die for you. I was mad seeing all those young men fleeing the country... pick up a gun and defend your home.

You really do not understand the issue here. That the Afghan president fled his country is not the issue. That Afghan soliders and Afghan citizens couldn't defend their country against the Taliban is not the issue here. They can flee from the country and allow the Talibans take over, their cup of tea. The issue here is the Manner the US hurriedly pulled out it's troops from Afghanistan, emboldening the Taliban to capture more terrotries. Now, there are still Americans, and Aghans who helped the US who are still in Afghanistan. The hurried withdrawal has put their lives in danger. You saw how helicopter was used to evacuate occupants of the US embassy? The last time that happened was during the Vietnam war when the US came back embarrassed. Few days ago, Biden sent 1,000 troops back Afghanistan to secure the safe evacuation of Americans, allies, and some Afghans that helped the US. If this is not confusion, I don't know what It is.

It is a show of shame for the US. We are not even talking of America weapons that have fallen into the hands of the Taliban that will find their way into the hands of China and Russia. The pull out was shambolic, chaotic and embarrassing! I guess meeting the deadline for pull out was more important to Biden than ensuring the safe evacuation of persons and equipments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by pepetua(m): 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
[quote author=Jerryherd post=104895733]

cool

Mutual feelings... Not expecting any political logical comment from a flat header whose ancestors down to him and ethnicity of 30 million humanoid can't produce a fvcking President in 50 years , vice in 35, senate President in 15 , Speaker in 35.... I mean they can't even gain independence from a fellow black African Nigeria to have a Biafra Nation

if your tribe produce a fucking president for one million years,it can't improve an average life condition of your tribe,they remain a cursed being on the planet earth.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Stanbaba30: 11:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
Definitely one would see Trump as a better candidate, where he in his shoes right now. Wahala still plenty sef ahead.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Fortune118005(m): 11:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
God will highly bless you for this
What can you say about Nigeria, any hope for us esp. the Christians?
Righteousness2:
Way back, we spoke on how America ( The Sleeping Giant) has become a shadow of itself.
I said here that America has become a bunch of Clown, heading for Destruction and on the edge of Oblivion.

The USA did not just become a world Power because they had the Dollar. It is GOD ALMIGHTY that makes Kings and Brings down kings. The POWERS that be are Ordained by GOD. GOD Blessed the USA and made her a Super Power.

The USA has over the years deviated from the laid down Godly Foundation of the Founding Fathers. The USA was built on Judaic Godly Principles but today it has become a Cesspool of Iniquity, Abominations, Lawlessness ,unGodliness and everything evil.

Trump who was seen as Unqualified and a Fornicator was GOD'S Mercy on the USA to turn them back to their root. I remember I kept vocing it here that Trump is a Mercy Period.

What is happening now to the USA is just a shadow of what is Coming. When GOD Invest in you and you mess up! Once your cup gets full , it is Disater and Destruction.

If GOD turned His First Born Isreal to a graveyard and drove them out of their land when they messed up, America aka Babylon the Great will not be Spared.

My Admonishment to all and sundry is this, in this Endtimes, there are Nations that are appointed for Destruction, so ensure you seek God's Face and Permission before you go on that trip, because GOD will only protect the Person he sends to a place.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by HBB1(m): 11:17pm On Aug 17, 2021
Righteousness2:

Didn't Trump start the process of leaving Afghanistan?

Besides when is he winning the election?

2 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ocelot2006(m): 11:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
Meninmen:

You really do not understand the issue here. The issue is not whether the US should pull out of Afghanistan. Infact, Trump was the President to sign a deal with the Taliban for the US to pull out of Afghanistan. Most Americans agree that it is time to pull out of Afghanistan, but it is the Manner in which the US pulled out that is the problem. I am a Biden supporter, but his advisers messed him up big-time.

So what should America have done differently? How should they have carried out their withdrawal from Afghanistan with only 2500 left in country? Keep in mind that the President already announced weeks ago his intentions regarding the withdrawal, including the evacuation of Afghans who helped the coalition, and he did just that. He even promised airstrikes to aid the Afghan govt slow the Taliban advance. What else should he have done? Let his nation spend more years in Afghanistan

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ocelot2006(m): 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
goodheart02:

I was just trying to make a pinpoint on his way of describing the western media of which I'm sure he's still listening to BBC or CNN. I actually know of the Taliban offered amnesty, but you and I know they are likely not to honor it

You're probably right. No one trusts the Taliban, and there have been multiple reports of killings and forceful marriage of women and young girls as young as 13 years old.

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ibuildstuff(m): 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
descartes400:

Why I referenced Trump is because he would have done a better job than Biden!

Biden just blamed trump . It was trumps policy. That’s funny because so far Joe’s only policy has been to undo trumps , check the borders crisis. But in this calamity it’s all trumps fault . He is such a disgrace. Joe biden will go down as the worst president to live in the white house

Biden acts as if he was bound by the agreement President Trump made. The man has overturned virtually everything President Trump has done, doing so in this case would've been just another day at the office. What a lame excuse.

I agree the Afghans needs to step up to the plate, after nearly 20 years of support. However, the withdrawal without any pre-conditions is just another blunder from incompetent President Joe Biden

President Trump’s agreement was “conditions-based”. The Taliban ignored those conditions under Biden, and Biden ignored them as well. No excuse for Biden’s inept and disastrous pull-out.

This is not a question whether The US stay in Afghanistan. It is an issue of his negligence of planning and due diligence for a credible withdrawal. Yet still he tries to deflect.

As for the US mid-term Election slated for November next year is I believe the Republicans will claim the house back and probably impeach this inept President.
Trump also released 5000 Taliban fighters as part of the deal, in return Taliban promise to be moderate n no longer extremist.

This is the same as when buhari forgive repented Boko Haram, thats exactly what Trump did.

Your so called trump really had a deal with terrorist and believe they will no longer be extremist.

Even you will not be that foolish.

Immediately I saw "condition base" I knew you had no idea what you were talking about.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ibuildstuff(m): 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
Meninmen:

You really do not understand the issue here. The issue is not whether the US should pull out of Afghanistan. Infact, Trump was the President to sign a deal with the Taliban for the US to pull out of Afghanistan. Most Americans agree that it is time to pull out of Afghanistan, but it is the Manner in which the US pulled out that is the problem. I am a Biden supporter, but his advisers messed him up big-time.
Trump also released 5000 fighters to Taliban as part of the deal hope u know. Keep defending rubbish.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by SleekyPosh(m): 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
Righteousness2:

E no go better for you!!!!

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
Meninmen:

You really do not understand the issue here. That the Afghan president fled his country is not the issue. That Afghan soliders and Afghan citizens couldn't defend their country against the Taliban is not the issue here. They can flee from the country and allow the Talibans take over, their cup of tea. The issue here is the Manner the US hurriedly pulled out it's troops from Afghanistan, emboldening the Taliban to capture more terrotries. Now, there are still Americans, and Aghans who helped the US who are still in Afghanistan. The hurried withdrawal has put their lives in danger. You saw how helicopter was used to evacuate occupants of the US embassy? The last time that happened was during the Vietnam war when the US came back embarrassed. Few days ago, Biden sent 1,000 troops back Afghanistan to secure the safe evacuation of Americans, allies, and some Afghans that helped the US. If this is not confusion, I don't know what It is.

It is a show of shame for the US. We are not even talking of America weapons that have fallen into the hands of the Taliban that will find their way into the hands of China and Russia. The pull out was shambolic, chaotic and embarrassing! I guess meeting the deadline for pull out was more important to Biden than ensuring the safe evacuation of persons and equipments.

Lol. I think you are confused. "That Afghan soldiers and Afghan citizens couldn't defend their country against the Taliban" is the issue. If the Afghan soldiers could defend Kabul, then Taliban wouldn't have been there and all those images you saw wouldn't have happened. The US didn't plan on closing the embassy that soon, as they thought the Afghan army could stand up to the Taliban. So, there was a mad rush to close the embassy and evacuate everyone as the AFGHAN ARMY defected and let the Taliban take over the WHOLE country.

As to the weapons; most of them were already evacuated. The weapons the Taliban have are the ones they took from the Aghan army who defected (again, you see how that matters). Or do you think the US should have taken back the Guns, tanks and planes we gave them before we left. And China/Russia needs those weapons? lol. Jesus, get a clue.

And as to the helicopter. No, that wasn't the last time it was used.

Honestly, these aren't easy issues. Try to do more thinking and less talking. I'll post this again so you can get a better idea of what brought us here:
Trump made a deal with the Taliban (without the current Afghan government in the room), that by May 1st 2021 the US would leave. And the US wanted a cease fire until then. In return the Trump admin would release 5000 prisoners (one of them who is the Taliban Leader now). In the process Trump drew down the troops and all the supplies needed to maintain them from 14000 to 2500 which was finished the week before Biden was sworn in. He boxed Biden in and bragged about it. He effectively gave the country over to the Taliban. His own words.

https://twitter.com/WUTangKids/status/1427325408148590597
"I started the process, All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. [The Biden administration] couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process."

So, on May 1st the Taliban was going to start a new offensive with the aid of the 5000 newly released prisoners. Biden had 2 choices, surge more troops in so he could have time to draw them down or pull everyone out (the same things the Generals told Obama more than 10 years ago); he didn't want to get again boxed in by the military to keep troops for another 10 years. He extended the deadline from May till Sept. He thought he would have 6 month then 90 days.. well until the Afghan army folded. Just to get an idea, Trump left 2500 troops there before he left, we have about 6000 troops there now just to offer protection for the evacuation. If Biden would have wanted to stay longer he would have needed to surge some people say another 100,000 troops to fight the Taliban.

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ibuildstuff(m): 11:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
Meninmen:

Do u know US has been pulling their troops out since the time of Obama, trump made it official.
You think Biden just woke up one morning and said everybody should come home. Biden didn't hurrily remove US troops as u are insinuating, they have been leaving gradually ever since.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ibuildstuff(m): 11:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
descartes400:
Trump ma Man!

Not only was he acquired he was also vindicated!

We await the mid-term election next year November.
IjeBos:

Lol. I think you are confused. "That Afghan soldiers and Afghan citizens couldn't defend their country against the Taliban" is the issue. If the Afghan soldiers could defend Kabul, then Taliban wouldn't have been there and all those images you saw wouldn't have happened. The US didn't plan on closing the embassy that soon, as they thought the Afghan army could stand up to the Taliban. So, there was a mad rush to close the embassy and evacuate everyone as the AFGHAN ARMY defected and let the Taliban take over the WHOLE country.

As to the weapons; most of them were already evacuated. The weapons the Taliban have are the ones they took from the Aghan army who defected (again, you see how that matters). Or do you think the US should have taken back the Guns, tanks and planes we gave them before we left. And China/Russia needs those weapons? lol. Jesus, get a clue.

And as to the helicopter. No, that wasn't the last time it was used.

Honestly, these aren't easy issues. Try to do more thinking and less talking. I'll post this again so you can get a better idea of what brought us here:
Trump made a deal with the Taliban (without the current Afghan government in the room), that by May 1st 2021 the US would leave. And the US wanted a cease fire until then. In return the Trump admin would release 5000 prisoners (one of them who is the Taliban Leader now). In the process Trump drew down the troops and all the supplies needed to maintain them from 14000 to 2500 which was finished the week before Biden was sworn in. He boxed Biden in and bragged about it. He effectively gave the country over to the Taliban. His own words.

https://twitter.com/WUTangKids/status/1427325408148590597
"I started the process, All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. [The Biden administration] couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process."

So, on May 1st the Taliban was going to start a new offensive with the aid of the 5000 newly released prisoners. Biden had 2 choices, surge more troops in so he could have time to draw them down or pull everyone out (the same things the Generals told Obama more than 10 years ago); he didn't want to get again boxed in by the military to keep troops for another 10 years. He extended the deadline from May till Sept. He thought he would have 6 month then 90 days.. well until the Afghan army folded. Just to get an idea, Trump left 2500 troops there before he left, we have about 6000 troops there now just to offer protection for the evacuation. If Biden would have wanted to stay longer he would have needed to surge some people say another 100,000 troops to fight the Taliban.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ledaman: 11:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:

cool

Lolz! You mean 5% people are useless and insignificant grin
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Krismas(m): 12:01am On Aug 18, 2021
Meninmen:

coolWho exactly do u tink d Taliban is? Space men? They are Afghans! So, wot do u mean Afghans cud not secure their country from Taliban? As for protracted pull out of troops or wotever u mean, its d same in the end. grin Do know that song by Linkin Park IN THE END, IT DOESNT REALLY M-A-T-T-E-R OH OH? All dat twenty yrs, how good was the US in securing civilians from the Taliban? Who has The Taliban attacked since it took control of the country? Why is there so much noise for NOTHING? Wot useless US equipment will fall into Taliban hands? Equipment dat cud not help the US escape defeat? Wot does Taliban need such equipment for? Wot does Russia and China need it for? If the Taliban beat US forces in their teeming numbers is it wen the US military is withdrawing small small that Taliban will become helpless? Listen to Joe Biden, THERE IS NEVER A BETTER TIME TO WITHDRAW. If they delayed the withdrawal till next year, it will still be bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Iran Hackers Hack Into American Government’s Website / Afghan Stowaways Fall To Death After Clinging To Plane (Pics, Video) / Namibia Is One Of The World's Emptiest Countries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.