Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition (14449 Views)

Poll: Is it ok for them to do this sort of thing?

Yes, I support it.: 15% (17 votes)
No, it's a mistake.: 84% (96 votes)
This poll has ended

Are You A Pervert? Take This Test To Find Out.. / Try This Simple Test To Know If You Have A Weird Mind / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Mustay(m): 12:00am On Sep 02, 2007
u are spiritually pardoned ;d ;d
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by 9ja4eva: 2:11am On Sep 02, 2007
@Aladunni

They are holier than God
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Mustay(m): 11:56am On Sep 02, 2007
9ja, u wan go d school
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by 9ja4eva: 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2007
If na joke stop am oh
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Mustay(m): 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2007
serious na
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by 9ja4eva: 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2007
I better no go skul than go dt kain skul

U fit go sha
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Mustay(m): 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2007
i getbetta one
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by 9ja4eva: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2007
Tori end
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Mustay(m): 10:25pm On Sep 05, 2007
tori end Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live grin grin
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by 9ja4eva: 10:47pm On Sep 05, 2007
10k u for the quote
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Mustay(m): 6:42am On Sep 06, 2007
u are welcome
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by IShine(m): 6:44am On Nov 11, 2007
CU, CU, CU, uhm

Let me start by saying the poll has spoken for the lost souls that are still under the wings of Bishop Oyedepo, 'because I see a minimal number of them finding a place in the Nigeria society of today.

I am a Covenant University dropout by will and it was because I wasn't living the life I envisioned for myself, at first it was fun been around new faces and sharing high memories together. But as day passes by CU became hell on earth for me, first it was the issue of no wearing of jeans on campus(goddamn it) I have been wearing jeans since 1986(my year of birth); second was the student council (I found that lame sort of after I have gone through the harshness of seniority in high school; the so called student council will probe you if they ever found you talking to an opposite sex as from 7pm and I hope Oyedepo has made adjustment to that because that same bible of his said God created Eve for a reason and that only reason is to be a support for Adam).

They later moved on to banning the usage of mobile phones on campus and I will be quoting Oyedepo word for word, "People are easily influence by what they listen to" no doubt people are influence by what they listen to, using myself as a vivid example I am a big lover of hiphop and one way or the other I have been influenced by it because my mode of dressing is hiphop but that same hiphop has helped in developing my vocabulary by listening to good hiphop materials. One thing Oyedepo is omitting is that Homo-Sapiens should have the power to choose, God himself want us to choose from good and bad(power of will) and I am not saying youths should be totally free but they should be allowed look at life from a different perspective with the support of adults and that is when you can only say you're trying to influence their life positively.

Before dropping out I had time to reflect on certain things which I thank God I have made the right decision by dropping out of the school. Oyedepo was claiming that his products would be world changers, computer inventors and so on; but how would a single head change an office of corrupt bankers? can someone please tell me and I know anything is possible through God no doubt but it will take a drop of mammalian sweat from God for such to happen. Can someone please tell Oyedepo that Bill Gates was a university dropout and that Mark Zuckerberg the owner of Facebook the popular social networking site, is a dropout as well and his worth 5 billion US Dollars. It will amaze nearly everyone that, CU students are pretenders, they are just pretending in order to keep their ass in school and honestly they aren't to be blame because they've got parents looking up to them and for some of them their entire family.

If I should continue with the CU issue the entire web server space for this forum will be filled to the brim, but one very last word for Oyedepo , I am a CU dropout that is a final year student at Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium and I am majoring in Information and Communication Technology, I use my mobile phone on the daily basis and yet I haven't been corrupted by evil of this world. Even though my graduation is months away I am a CEO of a web hosting company here in the very heart of Europe Belgium and I still listen to hiphop even though some of my CDs were broken by your student council members and after my graduation I will be paying you a visit because we both have a lot to talk about concerning your policy about killing the desires and intentions of Nigeria youths.

Like you always say, " SEE YOU UP THERE".
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Mustay(m): 3:28pm On Jun 15, 2008
so how far?
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by hannydarl(f): 1:16am On Jun 16, 2008
so a wife gets pregnant in her 3rd year in school she will have to leave school abi na wetin the idiot rule maker wan tell me since when has getting pregnant been against the bible?Even God knows that pregnancy is important if not jesus would have droped from the sky anyway one cant blame the school we should blame the desperate students who attend it on the other hand if they are not complaining why should we.if any so called man of God sieze my result i will kidnap his whole family.
HIV screening ko HIV screening ni if the students all say no the school will rethink it
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by eiete(f): 1:35am On Jun 16, 2008
why do Nigerian take things too far?

So if , God for bid; i get Hiv/Aid unknowing through blood tranfusion

it's my fault and i have no right to a future. What sin would they say I

have commited.

Where are all the human rights activites and lawyers in Nigeria?

Something has to be done if not,
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Gamine(f): 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2008
why all this again
there is no test!
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by oladayo042: 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2009
Infringement on Human Rights.
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by darkey(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2009
Gamine:

why all this again
there is no test!
I wonder oh, why all this now, abeg u guys should leave this school alone, u guys r not there, the information u are being fed is 3rd party. I PASSED OUT FROM THE SCHOOL AND DIDNT UNDERGO ANY TEST AND OTHER PEOPLE HAVE ALSO BEEN PASSING OUT TOO, LET CU BE,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thread For Masters Degree Students / Unn Opens Biggest Library In West Africa / 100 Best Secondary Schools In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.