Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,151 members, 7,835,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai (3166 Views)

Osinbajo, Tinubu, Saraki, Atiku In A Meeting / Anxiety Mounts As Buhari Keeps Tinubu, Atiku In The Dark Over New Cabinet / Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2007
My point, ATIKU got to meet with ALAMS because of lack of perfection. How did that happen? Where was the security? Who was in-charge?
These are the things federal government should be looking at, not punishing the sick man just because of their personal short-coming.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2007
@Colonial

Excellent point!
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Colonia(m): 2:17pm On Jul 20, 2007
They better slow down , because we don't want anything to happen to this man. not because i support what he did but just for peace and stability of the country.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2007
@Colonial

Where are you from? I'm amused that finally someone is noticing my point.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2007
If we want this war against corruption to go on smoothly and to be successful, we must be fair, civilized, respect the constitution, respect the citizens and embrace perfection through out the process.

There is no room for unnecessary mistakes.

It is also very important for the Country to be kept United during this process.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by denex: 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2007
Big B1

am beginning to understand your point. I feel he must have had enough treatment by now. Anyhow, I hope it is not from our Federation Account that this treatment is being sponsored.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2007
After giving this man the permission to go to Dubai for medical reason, it is also the duty of the federal government to provide excellent security and implement restrictions on who to visit him or when to visit him or how many people are to visit him and so on.
Infact, if the federal government knew what they were doing, Atiku wouldn't have been allowed to see ALAM, period
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2007
My question is: how did Atiku get to meet up with ALAM? Who was in-charge?
It is obvious that the man under arrest can not be in-charge. Something went wrong in Dubai, but instead of the federal government to investigate how it occured, correct the problem and learn from it, no. They bundled the sick man back to Nigeria, as if he was in control.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2007
Just keep in mind that the[b] Ijaw people [/b] are looking for any excuse to destruct or justify ALAM's corruption charges.

And it will be stupid and unreasonable for the federal government to give these people the opportunity, which they've been craving for, by making silly mistakes,
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2007
Posted by Denex
Big B1

am beginning to understand your point. I feel he must have had enough treatment by now.

It is the duty of his doctor to make that decision; not you or me or OBJ
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Colonia(m): 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2007
The Federal High Court in Lagos ignored a complaint by ex-Bayelsa State governor, Chief Alamieyeseigha, on his deportation from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

At the scheduled hearing of his pending bail application, his counsel, tried to bring the court's attention to reports of his client's deportation, but the judge ignored them on the grounds that it was not formally before the court.

The court said it was unaware of such development, and that the only pending issue before her on the case was the accused's bail application.

The defence counsel was unable to move the application owing to the absence of the prosecuting counsel who had written the court informing them of his absence and a desire for an adjournment.

After the court's proceeding, he protested his client's deportation.saying that his deportation was because former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar visited him in Dubai.
http://www.ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=4408
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2007
Alamieyeseigha renews bail bid
• Atiku explains Dubai visit

The Federal High Court, Lagos, presided over by Justice Muhammad Shuaibu has fixed August 3 for the hearing of the bail application brought to it by the embattled former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.

The former governor was Wednesday brought back into the country from Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) in controversial circumstances. He had been taken to the UAE for medical attention after he fell ill while in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The Atiku Campaign Organisation also yesterday explained that former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s visit to Alamieyeseigha in the Dubai hospital was a normal get-well visit devoid of any underhand objective.

Spokesman of the former vice president, Mallam Garba Shehu, who threw light on the visit in a telephone interview with THISDAY yesterday described the allegation in some quarters that the visit breached security procedure as laughable.

He spoke as the Federal High Court, fixed the August 3 date for the hearing of the bail application by the former governor. Alamieyeseigha spent three months in the UAE capital, Dubai, where he underwent medical treatment at the instance of the EFCC.

He was suddenly repatriated to Nigeria Wednesday after he was alleged to have breached the security attached to his overseas medical treatment.

He had been held by the EFCC since his impeachment as governor two years ago.

The ex-governor is being prosecuted by the EFCC for alleged money laundering running into billions of naira, illegal acquisition of properties and false declaration of assets.

He, alongside seven companies believed to be his were being prosecuted on a 40 –count charge by the EFCC,.

In Lagos yesterday, at the resumed hearing of the former governor's trial, one of his counsel, Mr Mike Okoye, told the court that his client’s bail application was still pending since 2006 and that he was ready to move it.

But the application could not be argued because of a letter written to the court by the EFCC’s, Mr Rotimi Jacobs, informing the court of his inability to be in court for the matter.

The EFCC lawyer had said he was engaged in Abuja for another pressing matter and that he would personally like to handle the matter and therefore sought for a short adjournment.

Okoye, who attempted intimating the court about the circumstances surrounding Alamieyeseigha’s return to Nigeria was immediately rebuffed by the judge who said he was not interested about any matter which is not an issue before the court.

The judge consequently adjourned the matter till August 3 for hearing on the said bail application.

Also speaking yesterday, another counsel to Alamieyeseigha, Chief Mike Ozekhome condemned his repatriation saying it was “wicked”.

He said the former governor was scheduled to undergo more surgeries after having just one before his sudden repatriation.

Meanwhile, Atiku’s spokesman said the former vice president was one of several Nigerians who visited the impeached governor at the Dubai hospital and wondered why there has been an issue about his own visit.

“As a fellow human being and a prominent Nigerian for that matter, the former Vice President was in Dubai on his own vacation. Somebody told him that former Governor Alamieyeseigha was on a hospital bed undergoing treatment and he decided to pay a visit and sympathise with him. What is unusual about that?” he queried.

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/jul/20/201.html
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2007
What will the ATIKU camp be saying when he is arrested? notion to silence the opposition against fighting the president on election irregularities?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by denex: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2007
Alameseigha has suffered enough. The man needs serious medical care. He should be sent to the very, very best medical facility in Yenagoa.

Let him lie on the bed he made. If he took those years to better Bayelsa. So let him enjoy the fruit of his labour.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2007
Alamieyeseigha deported against doctors’ advice –Lawyer

Lead Counsel to former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, has revealed that his deportation from Dubai, United Arab Emirates, where he was taken for medical treatment, was against medical advice.

Barrister Mike Okoye told reporters in Lagos on Thursday after the adjournment of a 41-criminal count charge of money laundering filed against his client, that the former governor, being charged alongside some companies owned by him had not completed his surgical operation before he was deported.

“How come the visit of the former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar to Chief Alamieyeseigha in Dubai, amounted to security risk?” Okoye asked.

He added: “Alamieyeseigha, as we are talking now, is very very ill, he requires urgent medical attention.
“It is unthinkable that a visit by his former Vice President would be sufficient for the government of Nigeria to fly him back to Nigeria without completing his medical treatment. It is a shame that a country can do that to its citizen. This is against the spirit of patriotism. Since when has Atiku become a security risk?”

Alamieyeseigha, Okoye noted, “is not a war prisoner. He has never been convicted, why is he being treated as if he is a war convict?”
Meanwhile, legal arguments on the fresh bail application brought by Alamieyeseigha, currently facing a 41-count charge of money laundering, has again been stalled at a Federal High Court in Lagos.

This was due to the absence of the Counsel to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr Rotimi Jacobs.
Justice Mohammed Shuaib, on his part, has fixed August 3, 2007, for the hearing of the application.

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.sunnewsonline.com/"
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by angel101(f): 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2007
denex:

Alameseigha has suffered enough. The man needs serious medical care. He should be sent to the very, very best medical facility in Yenagoa.

Let him lie on the bed he made. If he took those years to better Bayelsa. So let him enjoy the fruit of his labour.

Exactly!!! My sentiments exactly.

@BigB1
I am just wondering how come u put this ur perfection preaching aside during and after the presidential election. U actually asked nigerians to embrace Yaradua whose (s)election was severely marred by irregularities. Biggy which one u dey now?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2007
Angel101 what do you expect from a typical HAUSA boy BIGb1 IBB? Is this not the same dude that was calling for Ehindero to be arrested before investigation? He can only reason logically when he is not busy drinking burukutu and mesmerizing with all those young girls.

This is a dead issue, Alam is back and let him dance to the tune of the music he played in BAYELSA. Visitation or security risk, it's irrelevant. There were provision and a contract entered by ALAM and the government before he was sent to Dubai. If in deed they were violated, he should have been extradited on OKADA. Why are they wasting tax payers money to send him to Dubai in the 1st place for treatment? are Nigerian hospital not good enough for all this BIG WIGS? Prime example why I call Nigerian system a failed state
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2007
Last time we exercise perfection ADENUGA escaped, and we can't find the report on OKIGBO panel indicting IBB.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by angel101(f): 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2007
Mamajama:

If in deed they were violated, he should have been extradited on OKADA.

mamajama u go kill me with laughter oh! o my God.

Mamajama:

Why are they wasting tax payers money to send him to Dubai in the 1st place for treatment? are Nigerian hospital not good enough for all this BIG WIGS?

I dont understand it at all. there is absolutely no reason for this frivolous act. I mean being realistic. it is claimed that he suffers hypertension. Can NIgerian doctors not trest hypertension again? what should happen to the thousands of nigerians who suffer hypertensin and can not dream of travelling even to cotonou?
I beg oh make dem use this money grade my road. I dey go naija next month. (and i'm not even joking!)
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 7:46pm On Jul 20, 2007
Posted by Angel101
@BigB1
I am just wondering how come u put this your perfection preaching aside during and after the presidential election. You actually asked nigerians to embrace Yaradua whose (s)election was severely marred by irregularities. Biggy which one u dey now?

I've been preaching perfection in Nigeria even before the election; infact I was the only one that recommended the idea for the government to spend more on educating the voter and upgrading/ empowering the election process; instead of wasting time and money on personal agendas e.g stopping Atiku from contesting and so on.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2007
Bigb1 I see jumat service is over
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2007
Posted by MAMAJAMA:
Last time we exercise perfection ADENUGA escaped, and we can't find the report on OKIGBO panel indicting IBB.

ADENUGA did not escape and absolutely not wanted. Please get it into your head, my friend.
The man is still one of the people responsible for the a little bit of job market that exist in Nigeria today.

Unlike the useless, ball-less, low life IG.,who thought stealing after retirement was OK.

EHINDERO is not going anywhere, he will be dealt with after we finish with the big fish.  

What happened to the UN job?
opssssss, I forgot, you can not be a common thief and also maintain a position with the UN.

EHINDERO is going down!

Just watch.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by denex: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2007
But meanwhile, Alameseigha should be sent to that Medical Centre in the Niger-Delta University which he claimed he spent millions to equip.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2007
Which Ehindero The one that is presently in NYC reprenting the UN or the one the Nigerian media is filling you moronic head with?

Are you sure ADUNUGA did not escape? why was he pronounced wanted by EFCC for interrogation?

Ops you didn't see that news did you, Dongonyaro?

If Ehindero stole He would have been arrested, or is he one of the untouchable now? Even a 5 year old has a better thinking medulla oblongata than your Islamic head.

Back to the topic. Why is the OKIGBO report that was released to the whole nation missing? Answered, we exercise perfection. Why is someone like you who has never held a single job since graduation from AMADU Bello not in jail, Answer we exercise perfection.

Why is IBB still flashing his toothless smile like a crack head? We exercise perfection, how many more perfection do we have to exercise before we revolt? As much as i like Hausa people, I think it's time we send you guys back to a fundamental school to teach you about morals and ethics. The greatest looters of Nigeria treasury are from the NORTH. what Alam stole is nothing compare to what all this eunuch did to my beloved nation.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by denex: 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2007
Ah! Mamajama, Alams thief well, well O! The guy thief. I mean blatant stealing koro-koro. Even though he didn't still billions of dollars, he should have just done it with a little tact. No! That man didn't even steal like a thief, he stole life a robber.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2007
so what is the different between ALAM and ATIKU? or Even IBB?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2007
EFCC denies involvement in Alamieyeseigha's deportation

More Stories on This Section
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission[EFCC], has washed its hands off the recent deportation of the embattled ex-Bayelsa chief executive by authorities of the United Arab Emirates[UAE], dismissing the allegations by the Ijaw Monitoring Group as tendentious and wicked.

The Commission denied chaining former governor of Bayelsa state, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha to an iron rod on a bare floor at its detention centre in Lagos .

EFCC spokesman, Osita Nwajah, said in a statement in Abuja , that Alamieyeseigha, who is standing trail over alleged financial misappropriation and money laundering, was taken to the UAE for medical treatment and on completion of the course of treatment, was discharged by the hospital.

He did not however, clarify whether the former governor returned to the country on his own, or if the Nigerian authorities including the EFCC, was involved in the process of his return to the country. The statement reads:
“ The attention of the EFCC has been drawn to newspaper publications of Thursday, 19 July 2007, relating to the alleged orchestrated ‘deportation’ and inhuman treatment of DSP Alamieyeseigha, former executive governor of Bayelsa State, who is remanded by order of court, in the custody of the Commission.

Several of the papers led with the insinuation that the Nigerian authorities acting through the Commission, may have instigated the eviction of Mr. Alamieyeseigha, for ostensible “security breach’’.

EFCC wishes to state in clear terms, that there is no strand of truth in these insinuations and allegations.
The Commission wishes to further clarify that Alamieyeseigha, who is standing trial was taken to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for medical treatment and on completion of his course of treatment, was discharged by the hospital.

The Nigerian authorities (including the EFCC) did not suggest or teleguide the UAE medical and other authorities to send the accused person back to Nigeria .
Further, the Commission decries the attempt by one Joseph Eva ostensibly speaking on behalf of the Ijaw Monitoring Group (IMG), to employ the instrumentality of cheap blackmail to railroad the judiciary into a predetermined position and confuse the Nigerian people.

IMG’s allegation that since his return, Alamieyeseigha has been “chained to an iron rod in his cell, made to sleep on the bare floor and denied access to his family members and doctors,” is to say the least, tendentious and wicked.

EFCC has NEVER chained anyone in its holding facilities, has no need to chain anyone and will never chain anyone, least of all, DSP Alamieyeseigha, who it must be restated, is in the custody of the Commission on order of court. In the same vein, Alamieyeseigha, like any other accused person in the custody of the Commission is given all social, medical and legal facilities as stipulated by law.

Attention-seeking and mischief-engineering individuals and groups are reminded of that cheap blackmail has never worked on EFCC. The Commission will continue to carry out its functions in the best traditions of law enforcement and fully within the ambit the Rule of Law”,

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link=%22http://www.sunnewsonline.com/%22
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2007
Didn't I tell you dufos the media are trying to sell paper at all cost? when will you start thinking like a normal Nigerian. what sounds good to the public or what makes a good front page caption, ALAM brought back to Nigeria to face trial. or ALAM was flushed out of Dubai?

one love dude, I'm out grin cheesy grin
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2007
@Mamajama

When will EFCC go after OBJ, Ehindero?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2007
It won't be too long.
The drama just began.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Olawalelead(m): 8:50am On May 22, 2021
Nigeria have been in this mess long time ago. See the way one man looted the country's fund...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Everything About Tinubu Is Fake-oyinlola / No Official Delegation To Olympics / Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.