Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,213 members, 7,849,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

Is It Unlaw For To Claim my mother's tribal origin in Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Unlaw For To Claim my mother's tribal origin in Nigeria (771 Views)

Help My Tribal Brother Has 8 Kids And The Wife Is Heavily Pregnant. / Man Comes Back To Claim Babymama After Social Media Contributed Money For Her / Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Unlaw For To Claim my mother's tribal origin in Nigeria by Abetterperson: 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2021
I ask this question because I want to know if it's possible to favour one mother's side, like say getting into a university and you want to use your mother's local government area because paternally you are not a citizen of that state but maternally you are a citizen
Re: Is It Unlaw For To Claim my mother's tribal origin in Nigeria by chatinent: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ok, you mean using the advantages of the nationality?
Re: Is It Unlaw For To Claim my mother's tribal origin in Nigeria by Abetterperson: 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
chatinent:
Ok, you mean using the advantages of the nationality?

Kind of
But am talking about her tribe
My mom from kaduna and am hoping to get a reduced fee by taking advantage of her tribe
Re: Is It Unlaw For To Claim my mother's tribal origin in Nigeria by chatinent: 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
Abetterperson:

Kind of
But am talking about her tribe
My mom from kaduna and am hoping to get a reduced fee by taking advantage of her tribe

In Nigeria, you are an indigene from your dad's place.
Re: Is It Unlaw For To Claim my mother's tribal origin in Nigeria by Abetterperson: 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2021
chatinent:

Is that in the Constitution?
Re: Is It Unlaw For To Claim my mother's tribal origin in Nigeria by Abetterperson: 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2021
chatinent:

Re: Is It Unlaw For To Claim my mother's tribal origin in Nigeria by Dtruthspeaker: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
Abetterperson:
I ask this question because I want to know if it's possible to favour one mother's side, like say getting into a university and you want to use your mother's local government area because paternally you are not a citizen of that state but maternally you are a citizen

Yes you can and it is Indeed lawfull for God gave you "Dual citizenship" Naturally.

It is one of your Natural Rights.
Re: Is It Unlaw For To Claim my mother's tribal origin in Nigeria by Dtruthspeaker: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
Abetterperson:

No, it is not!

And it is not the constitution that gives Rights, you already had it before the Constitution was ever thought to be made.

He is just mouthing off what he has been brainwashed to say.
Re: Is It Unlaw For To Claim my mother's tribal origin in Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
Abetterperson:
The university dey check such things? I doubt it. It is not like you are applying for citizenship or a driver's license or something. . undecided

(1) (Reply)

Oh Nigeria..how The Great Has Fallen. My Experience With Two Homeless Children / Domestic Violence Against Men / My Younger Brother Always Challenge My Authority Because Of My Small Statue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.