Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? (20873 Views)

2023: Who Is Buhari's Anointed? - The Cable / 2023: Who Do You Think Should Be Tinubu's Running Mate? / 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by eldoradoxx: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2021
The entire South should endorse and support Yemi Osibanjo. He is a Professor of law and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. Nigeria has now experienced a Buhari and know the difference between having an educated and illiterate leader. We need a President that understands modern life, is healthy enough, has no baggage. Osibanjo understands the economy very well too and will take the nation to a new height. We saw how the economy revamped immediately he acted for just 3 months as Acting President. We saw how he refused to let Lawal Daura of DSS get away with the invasion of the National Assembly. Others on the list are just politicians seeking relevance without any plan on how to govern. Osibanjo will unite the nation too. We don't want extremists again near the corridor of power.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by KosiGee(m): 9:19am On Aug 19, 2021
SmartPolician:

Peter Obi is not being bold enough to ask to be made president. He prefers to hide under Atiku and it's annoying.

Peter Obi is not a presidential material. His economic and management skills are not in doubt but he needs more than that to make an impact.
Maybe a minister under a regional government.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Plut01: 9:20am On Aug 19, 2021

Any bigoted Southerner is ok by me......The agenda is not to make peace, the agenda is to deactivate all Fulani agenda on Nigeria and to install Enough Southerners on every key position even as Local government chairman in the North. If they wan break up make them do am, if they wan cry make them cry.

All Military institutions must be moved to the south and every Northerner who talks in support of bandits should be assassinated no matter how loud their cry is.

A detribalized person will not do that.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Rick9(m): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2021
Joke of a list without Peter Obi. I thought he would even be the first on the list considering his antecedent and pedigree. Tufia
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by 09085607453king: 9:24am On Aug 19, 2021
I am the only credible candidate amongst the mentioned candidate above because they are all deceitful
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Charly68: 9:24am On Aug 19, 2021
Prof is the best answer as per this article is concerned ..He knows the rules and knows where the shoe is pinching the Govt.. he is firm and humble and at the same time very cerebral .. We need a great thinker and experienced personality . I will pick Olawepo as the second man for the job ..heard him discussing our economy shows he knows what we are going through as a nation and how to fix it. The rest are pure politicians and can do anything for politics regardless of our pain.. besides they have selfish and garrulous tendencies in their characters as observed so far. Let the Nation's power brokers do the needful and watch the Nigeria of our dream coming to pass.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2021
BetExpert:
What kind of useless list is this? List kee una there
List of crooks and members of Corruption FC shocked
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Angelfrost(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2021
President: Prof. Yemi Osibanjo

Vice President: Peter Obi

Heads of Ministries should be based strictly on Merit, Suitability, technical knowledge of that sector.

Las las, I know this can never happen as many of us in Nigeria have chosen backwardness (Ethnicity and Selfishness).
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 19, 2021
Thermodynamics:
Una don start oh, make una nor go vote another Buhari come office oh.

Why posting these old and selfish men?
Why do we like recycling rubbish in Nigeria?

These people are known thieves, if they become president, they won't rule any different from. Osinbajo try small but we nor want am still, his attachment with this Buhari government make me nor too trust the man.

Mention people like Sowole or falz not these old rusty, corrupt and deadly bunch.

Oby Ezekwesili is also a good choice.
See me see trouble.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by BewareOf419: 9:29am On Aug 19, 2021
Where is our daddy Tinubu or baba has lost his stick?
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by danilmo: 9:30am On Aug 19, 2021
Chloraseptic:
No single Igbo candidate.. This is unfair.

A major tribe will not be given a chance like the two other major tribes, yet they don't want them to have their own country..

I'm Edo guy before y'all come for my head

This list is for APC party bro. None with the nationally appeal might in SE.

Peter Obi will definitely surface wen PDP released theirs.. Moreover SE should be sideline from anything Southern, they are definitely going to support PDP of ATiku another Fulani in d name of paying back GEJ loss. So let them be technically schemed out of southern Nigeria Politics.

Like the laws in politics, forgiveness is one of it but Igbo choose to be unaware and it LL keep on hurting them.. Even GEJ supported the so called APC in Bayelsa Guber, I won't be surprised if he decamped go APC come 2023 in solidarity for Southern emergence.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by KosiGee(m): 9:34am On Aug 19, 2021
eldoradoxx:
The entire South should endorse and support Yemi Osibanjo. He is a Professor of law and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. Nigeria has now experienced a Buhari and know the difference between having an educated and illiterate leader. We need a President that understands modern life, is healthy enough, has no baggage. Osibanjo understands the economy very well too and will take the nation to a new height. We saw how the economy revamped immediately he acted for just 3 months as Acting President. We saw how he refused to let Lawal Daura of DSS get away with the invasion of the National Assembly. Others on the list are just politicians seeking relevance without any plan on how to govern. Osibanjo will unite the nation too. We don't want extremists again near the corridor of power.

Whatever be the fault of Buhari, Osibanjo should share in the maladministration. He seems to hide in the background when you expect him to rise up. He appears sneaky and dodgy...maybe it’s the situation he found himself in or could be some self preservation technique and trait.

There have been numerous occasions when the Abba Kyari’s, Garba, Munguno seem to have usurped his Vp seat and he did nothing...when Buhari wasn’t there, it was Buhari’s relatives making decisions and running the country down...statements would come as ‘the presidency’ and not the president or Vice President. Northerners wouldn’t allow that if Osibanjo was the president and Buhari as the VP.

Osibanjo appears scared to tackle vital issues. He seems to be someone who is comfortable doing his job at the background. He is not confrontational or seem to lack an activist personality needed for that role. He appears like a Jonathan...someone whose position is bigger than him and who couldn’t take and confront events and take decisive actions or face someone and address and tell them off. He appears as someone who wouldn’t want to offend anyone...bless him. I have lots of respect for him but I don’t think he would make a great president without succumbing to unnecessary interference from people who helped elevate him to that position.

Incessant kidnapping and invasion of schools, Fulani banditry, bokoharam, cows all over the place, destruction of farmlands, jos, benue, Enugu invasion of fulanis, responses by the locals and the arrest of locals by police and soldiers while fulanis roam free, endsars etc....Osibanjo is part of it and not just Buhari.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by kwasoly(m): 9:34am On Aug 19, 2021
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by SmilingImabong: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2021
Jollylolly [s:
post=104949580]Osinbajo all the way, his days of acting remain fresh in our memories. how he get the country to the extent that opposition and Nigerians were praising him show he is up to the task, experience wise, heis very and most capable and fi[/s]t.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by sniperr007(m): 9:35am On Aug 19, 2021
joyairemiya:

https://independent.ng/2023-who-fits-the-bill-of-nigerias-ideal-president/

This list is rubbish.

People that have showed complete lack of integrity and incompetence.

You see the problem, Nigerian are used to mediocre minds thats why they voted Buhari who struggled to prove he has WAEC.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Prolific2018: 9:36am On Aug 19, 2021
Okonjo should be given the mantle of power. For equity and fairness.
She is a credible candidate from south east.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by danilmo: 9:37am On Aug 19, 2021
Morray:
Peter Obi is a bus conductor I guess grin

Peter Obi is the most suitable presidential material we currently have in this country. Osinbajo that was there during endsars and did nothing is who you guys are trying to sell to us. Nigerians una never learn. Sometimes I think you guys are cursed to always be ruled by the wrong leaders. Una mumu never do

Wen u're in the wrong party u LL only end up as a noise maker or an activist. Is PDP ready to field him as their candidate? No

But is APC ready to field any of the listed above?? For sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by PoTTV: 9:38am On Aug 19, 2021
drizslim:
Going by Economy experience.. Dr Peter Obi will go a long way
President Peter Obi... OMO NA THAT DAY THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA(UAR) GO EXPLODE !!!
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Decide2rise: 9:38am On Aug 19, 2021
Chloraseptic:

A major tribe will not be given a chance like the two other major tribes, yet they don't want them to have their own country..

Don't mind the OP. He's a tribalistic entity
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by culcat(m): 9:38am On Aug 19, 2021
ATIKU we know
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 19, 2021
Chloraseptic:

One problem with SE is they dont have any visible candidate of any stature that is respected and has appeal OUTSIDE the SE. If you look at their main political actors, they are either confirmed buffoons like Okorocha, perceived clowns like Obiano or Ikpeazu, or people like peter Obi and Soludo who have no appeal outside the SE. their biggest political star with broad appeal is probably Orji Kalu and he is damaged goods. The kind of person that could have been a formidabble and credible candidate is NOI and she is now disqualified under the law!

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by adanny01(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2021
Saraki that couldn't win back his senate seat.

Igbos looking at the list without an Igbo and be like why? Why is it a surprise when they behave the way they do.

They can't be throwing stones and not expect a broken glass.

Osinbajo all the way. He will make it without his own political base if Tinubu agrees. GEJ didn't have a political base, Yaradua didn't have a political base, Obj came from prison and didn't have a political base. Buhari's political base didn't give him the seat all the other years he was unsuccessful. Atiku has a strong political base but the seat still eludes him.

Its all about time and chance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 19, 2021
danilmo:

Wen u're in the wrong party u LL only end up as a noise maker or an activist. Is PDP ready to field him as their candidate? No

But is APC ready to field any of the listed above?? For sure.
it's too early to say. If we're a serious country, the most eligible candidates to steer the affairs of this nation are Obi and Adesina.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by danilmo: 9:41am On Aug 19, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

So where's Peter Obi

Having the first female president in person of Okonjo Iweala is not bad either

Fashola will make a great president!

Iweala has no Political party.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by bilms(m): 9:43am On Aug 19, 2021
Gbenga Olawepo Hashim is the fresh air needed in 2023
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Decide2rise: 9:43am On Aug 19, 2021
DenreleDave:

Amaechi is igbó... So shut up
You should be the one to shut up dude. You folks have always said Ikwerre is not Igbo.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by NathaFlow(m): 9:43am On Aug 19, 2021
Osinbajo and Peter Obi is a perfect Match.....Either can be President or Vice President, I don't care, Nigeria's Progress is my concern. They are both sound and Nigeria will definitely move forward, Apparently its impossible. God bless Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by seyz91(m): 9:46am On Aug 19, 2021
cheesy indirect campaign
kponkedenge:
I'll do a better job than most of these people you've mentioned.
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by okefranci: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2021
I have searched through and the only man I could see and recommend is Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, he has done wonderfully and still counting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by Coldie(m): 9:48am On Aug 19, 2021
Dave Umahi for Apc and Peter obi for pdp.

If power was to ever return to the south, the south east deserves a shot. Let Nigeria as a whole proove nay sayer's wrong who said reason they are advocating for separation is because Nigeria will never allow an igbo man rule.

South west has not business in aso rock truth be told, we know they helped in bringing the government to power, but south west in less than 22years has ruled as president 8years vice president 6years, while some geopolitical zones as a whole even vice president dem never see. For equity it's not right.

Some people would say it's politics and being smart, if north decides to play politics and being smart north would rule Nigeria forever
Re: 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? by nairavsdollars(f): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2021
PDP is zoning to North so Peter Obi stands no chance in this list

drizslim:
Going by Economy experience.. Dr Peter Obi will go a long way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayemi Receives Hero’s Welcome In Ekiti / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / Why Dogara’s Removal As Reps Speaker Will Be Difficult –reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.