Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) (38842 Views)

Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) / FULL SPEECH: Joe Biden’s Remarks On Afghanistan / Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by lawkenoz(m): 10:08am On Aug 22, 2021
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u if Biden is to blame or not. I asked u "what mistake did Biden make as an amateur?"

who left billions dollar worth of military hardware and weapons?

Was it d US that abandoned "a ton of military hardware"?

Yes sir! act 1....Biden pulled out the military over night before ensuring US citizens were evacuated.

Act 2...he did not inform the US allies on the exact plan for withdrawal, after the Military pulled out impromptu, Boris Johnson tried to get ahold of him on the phone for 36 hrs to no avail.

Act 3....the US military left behind humvess, attack helicopters, ammunition and drones behind, news sources called it effectively giving the Taliban an airforce. Usual MO of the military Is to evacuate major hardware and scuttle the ones they can't transport!

If you are following the events I did not need to type out all this for you!
Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by lexy2014: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2021
lawkenoz:

Yes sir! act 1....Biden pulled out the military over night before ensuring US citizens were evacuated.

Act 2...he did not inform the US allies on the exact plan for withdrawal, after the Military pulled out impromptu, Boris Johnson tried to get ahold of him on the phone for 36 hrs to no avail.

Act 3....the US military left behind humvess, attack helicopters, ammunition and drones behind, news sources called it effectively giving the Taliban an airforce. Usual MO of the military Is to evacuate major hardware and scuttle the ones they can't transport!

If you are following the events I did not need to type out all this for you!

How is act 1 and 2 responsible for Afghanistans predicament and Taliban taking over d country?

D weapons u mentioned in Act 3, where they left behind by d US military or where they equipment d US supplied d Afghanistan military?
Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by lawkenoz(m): 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2021
lexy2014:

How is act 1 and 2 responsible for Afghanistans predicament and Taliban taking over d country?

D weapons u mentioned in Act 3, where they left behind by d US military or where they equipment d US supplied d Afghanistan military?

The Afghan predicament isn't the discussion, but the US citizens and Afghan US workers and translators still trapped within the country caused by the shody withdrawal of the military. You normally evacuated civilians first and military last. Actions 1 and 2 led to that.

The Taliban takeover of the country was always sure as night and day, military intelligence briefed that scenario for months. To forestall certain military hardware from falling into the hands of the Taliban on thier eventual take over, a large number of the equipment the US troops used should either be transported back or scuttled.

A large number of the equipments and hardware there were not just for the Afghan army but we're being used by the American troops in joint defense operations. In an eventual pull out the hardware should be pulled out as well, especially the heavy ordinance weapons to avoid the possibility of it falling into Tliban hands by either take-over or simple corrupt practices the Afghan military is known for like handing it over to them.

It's was clear the Afghan army wouldn't hold back the Taliban in an eventual take over scenario, every intelligence agency knew this to be fact.
Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by lexy2014: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2021
lawkenoz:

The Afghan predicament isn't the discussion, but the US citizens and Afghan US workers and translators still trapped within the country caused by the shody withdrawal of the military. You normally evacuated civilians first and military last. Actions 1 and 2 led to that.

The Taliban takeover of the country was always sure as night and day, military intelligence briefed that scenario for months. To forestall certain military hardware from falling into the hands of the Taliban on thier eventual take over, a large number of the equipment the US troops used should either be transported back or scuttled.

A large number of the equipments and hardware there were not just for the Afghan army but we're being used by the American troops in joint defense operations. In an eventual pull out the hardware should be pulled out as well, especially the heavy ordinance weapons to avoid the possibility of it falling into Tliban hands by either take-over or simple corrupt practices the Afghan military is known for like handing it over to them.

It's was clear the Afghan army wouldn't hold back the Taliban in an eventual take over scenario, every intelligence agency knew this to be fact.

u havent answered my questions:

if there was no "afghanistan predicament", would "US citizens, Afghan US workers and translators still trapped within the country caused by the shody withdrawal of the military"?

what percentage makes up "A large number of the equipments and hardware there were not just for the Afghan army but we're being used by the American troops in joint defense operations"?

According to u:

It's was clear the Afghan army wouldn't hold back the Taliban in an eventual take over scenario

why was d afghan army not able to hold back d taliban without even putting up a fight?
Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by lawkenoz(m): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2021
lexy2014:

u havent answered my questions:

if there was no "afghanistan predicament", would "US citizens, Afghan US workers and translators still trapped within the country caused by the shody withdrawal of the military"?

what percentage makes up "A large number of the equipments and hardware there were not just for the Afghan army but we're being used by the American troops in joint defense operations"?

According to u:

It's was clear the Afghan army wouldn't hold back the Taliban in an eventual take over scenario

why was d afghan army not able to hold back d taliban without even putting up a fight?

I have answered your questions more than 3 times already. Read my replies again. If you don't see an answer there, then you can hold your peace.
Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:57am On Aug 27, 2021
lawkenoz:

I have answered your questions more than 3 times already. Read my replies again. If you don't see an answer there, then you can hold your peace.

Sorry dude, u haven't:

According to u:

Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by lawkenoz(m): 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2021
lexy2014:

Sorry dude, u haven't:

According to u:

You still repeating yourself, making up a strawman and shifting the goal post with your question.

I blamed Biden for the sloppy pull out and endangering American lives with his withdrawal tactic. Which could have been avoided if he evacuated civilians first before the military personnel. You keep asking me how it lead to the Afghan situation and Taliban takeover....the answer is right there. Get your people out first not just strand them there. Leaving American civilian behind enemy lines is the Afghan situation and not the Taliban takeover is what his mistake is....you keep lumping the 2.

It's doesn't matter the percentage of military hardware the US troops used 10 percent, 20 percent 50 percent.....none matters, they know the numbers and should have pulled them out especially the heavy ordinance equipment to avoid the Taliban getting them. Intelligence reports showed that corruption was very evident in the Afghan army that could lead to even the equipment being used by them directly falling into Taliban possession.

"Why was the Afghan army not able to....." That's another question that had been answered numerous times.... corruption, unwillingness to combat the Taliban, heck even the US withdrawal.....it could be any or all of these and more. Take your pick!

If you don't find your answer still, I can't help you further sir!
Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by lexy2014: 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2021
lawkenoz:

You still repeating yourself, making up a strawman and shifting the goal post with your question.

I blamed Biden for the sloppy pull out and endangering American lives with his withdrawal tactic. Which could have been avoided if he evacuated civilians first before the military personnel. You keep asking me how it lead to the Afghan situation and Taliban takeover....the answer is right there. Get your people out first not just strand them there. Leaving American civilian behind enemy lines is the Afghan situation and not the Taliban takeover is what his mistake is....you keep lumping the 2.

It's doesn't matter the percentage of military hardware the US troops used 10 percent, 20 percent 50 percent.....none matters, they know the numbers and should have pulled them out especially the heavy ordinance equipment to avoid the Taliban getting them. Intelligence reports showed that corruption was very evident in the Afghan army that could lead to even the equipment being used by them directly falling into Taliban possession.

"Why was the Afghan army not able to....." That's another question that had been answered numerous times.... corruption, unwillingness to combat the Taliban, heck even the US withdrawal.....it could be any or all of these and more. Take your pick!

If you don't find your answer still, I can't help you further sir!

if i am repeating my questions, how then am i shifting d goal post?

these are ur claims:

this is my question to those claims:

Where is d answer? In essense, u dont have any information to tell us how Bidens decisions created d present predicament in Afghanistan.

According to u:

Get your people out first not just strand them there. Leaving American civilian behind enemy lines is the Afghan situation and not the Taliban takeover is what his mistake is

How did and at what point did Biden leave American civilians "behind enemy lines"? How is d Taliban takeover not d d situation? If d "Taliban takeover" isnt d situation, why then are u complaining that Biden didnt "get his people out first"? why dont they just remain in Afghanistan since "Taliban takeover" isnt d situation?

which leads me to d question i asked u earlier which u have failed to answer:

One of your claims goes thus:

my question again which u cant answer is simple:

U also made a claim that

A large number of the equipments and hardware there were not just for the Afghan army but we're being used by the American troops in joint defense operations.

Hence i asked u

If u saying "A large number...", then u should at least be able to give us a percentage. its possible u were there to take a head count of d equipment u are talking about.

i said this

According to u:

and u said

That's another question that had been answered numerous times

answered numerous times by who? can u show me d "numerous" u answered d question?

if u say that

"corruption, unwillingness to combat the Taliban" was d reason why d afghan military was not able to hold back d taliban without even putting up a fight, how then is Joe Biden responsible for d present predicament in Afghanistan?
Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by lawkenoz(m): 5:08pm On Aug 27, 2021
lexy2014:

if i am repeating my questions, how then am i shifting d goal post?

these are ur claims:

this is my question to those claims:

Where is d answer? In essense, u dont have any information to tell us how Bidens decisions created d present predicament in Afghanistan.

According to u:

How did and at what point did Biden leave American civilians "behind enemy lines"? How is d Taliban takeover not d d situation? If d "Taliban takeover" isnt d situation, why then are u complaining that Biden didnt "get his people out first"? why dont they just remain in Afghanistan since "Taliban takeover" isnt d situation?

which leads me to d question i asked u earlier which u have failed to answer:

One of your claims goes thus:

my question again which u cant answer is simple:

U also made a claim that

Hence i asked u

If u saying "A large number...", then u should at least be able to give us a percentage. its possible u were there to take a head count of d equipment u are talking about.

i said this

and u said

answered numerous times by who? can u show me d "numerous" u answered d question?

if u say that

"corruption, unwillingness to combat the Taliban" was d reason why d afghan military was not able to hold back d taliban without even putting up a fight, how then is Joe Biden responsible for d present predicament in Afghanistan?

I can't keep going in circles with you, you literally ask a question, quote the answer then say it's not answered......seems to me you want to to hear your own answers sir!

Like I said if you can't see the answers I can't help you!
Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by lexy2014: 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2021
lawkenoz:

I can't keep going in circles with you, you literally ask a question, quote the answer then say it's not answered......seems to me you want to to hear your own answers sir!

Like I said if you can't see the answers I can't help you!

I didnt ask u to help me. I asked u to answer simple questions. d questions are a spin off from d claims u made. if u made those claims, i dont see why u are quarreling with d questions that came out of those claims. if u made claims, then it is assumed u have details regarding those claims. unfortunately, u dont. instead u started complaining about d questions like a workman complaining about his tools
Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by mysticwarrior(m): 6:10am On Aug 28, 2021
kudinkarfe:
Biden has been in government for long and he understand the politics going on in all countries, he also knows how to deal with them. Withdrawing American soldiers from Afghanistan is the only solution, they will solve their problems themselves. Very soon he will deal with Nigerian leaders in a language they will understand. Is good to vote a leader with experience.
Joe Biden political experience seems not be effective in dealing with actual situations. Its wasn't a bad idea to withdraw US troops from Afghanistan but the manner in which he goes about it was very wrong.
Re: Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) by kudinkarfe: 9:55am On Aug 28, 2021
mysticwarrior:
Joe Biden political experience seems not be effective in dealing with actual situations. Its wasn't a bad idea to withdraw US troops from Afghanistan but the manner in which he goes about it was very wrong.
I think Joe Biden understand the Arab world more than we do. I think that is the only language the Afghans understand since they hate doing things in a diplomatic way. The Afghans were paying loyalty to both Americans and the Talibans, that is why Joe had no other option than to act that way, maybe they will have sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gaza: Israel Bombs 23 To Death In Single Air Strike / Dr Stella Immanuel Prays For Trump To Win (Video) / US Election: Police Find Vehicle With Guns As Men Plan To Attack Election Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.