Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,794 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1002) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3511209 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) ... (2817) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:43am On May 12, 2018
shurlar50:

Bro, please what's your view on Ray Donovan Is it a great show or i shouldn't waste my time?

Well, personally I think it's a lukewarm show atm. It doesn't blow hot, neither does it blow cold, just bland. It's sad cuz it used to be pretty meta.

Seasons 1 was good and freshed out, season 2 somehow improved on season 1, season 3 took a sudden dip, season 4 was straight up bad, season 5 was an epic fail.

But hey, I guess I'm a sucker cuz I still tune in every year and binge on it anyway. I watch it for the same reasons I stick to shows I have nearly given up on: loyalty & curiosity, but mainly the later - the Donovans are an "interesting" family, to say the least.

Bottom line, If you're not someone banged up (bothered) on ridiculous plotlines, sure why not, it's a good enough show.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Keky(m): 12:45am On May 12, 2018
Bloody Friday. They've cancelled almost all my shows. Damn!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stanleywaxy(m): 1:14am On May 12, 2018
Quantico
Designated Survivor and some other shows have been cancelled

https://edit.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abc-cancels-designated-survivor-quantico-1105949
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 1:37am On May 12, 2018
Keky:
Yeah its that time of the year and honestly, most of them deserved it.
It's not just enough to be a good show but you need the right network and appropriate promotion.
like wth was CW doing with a show like valor.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 1:43am On May 12, 2018
As for fans of Brooklyn nine nine, hopes of rescuing the show might have tanked cause both Hulu and Netflix just passed on it and hopes of TBS also coming to the rescue is a long long shot.
This might actually be the end for B99.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 5:56am On May 12, 2018
Personally, shows like Quantico,designated survivor etc..ought to have been canceled along time. They keep going in circles..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by heskeyw(m): 6:52am On May 12, 2018
Marvel1206:

Like seriously
The movie didn't Disappoint. Though I had doubts on odessay, her character developed rapidly.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 6:57am On May 12, 2018
Cancelled.... It was just a matter of time the way it was going...

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dalek(m): 7:00am On May 12, 2018
Keky:

it's a terrible day
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 7:38am On May 12, 2018
Keky:
‘Deception’ Canceled After One Season On ABC

‘Kevin (Probably) Saves The World’ Canceled After One Season On ABC

‘Marvel’s Inhumans’ Canceled By ABC After One Season

‘Ten Days In The Valley’ Canceled After One Season On ABC

‘The Mayor’ Canceled By ABC

‘The Crossing’ Canceled By ABC After One Season

‘Station 19’ Renewed For Season 2 By ABC

‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Renewed For Season 5 By ABC

‘Black-ish’ Renewed For Season 5 By ABC

‘American Housewife’ Renewed For Season 3 By ABC

‘iZombie’ Renewed For Season 5 By the CW

‘Splitting Up Together’ Renewed For Season 2 By ABC

‘Great News’ Canceled By NBC After Two Seasons

‘Designated Survivor’ Canceled By ABC After Two Seasons

‘Quantico’ Canceled After Three Seasons On ABC

‘The Exorcist’ Canceled By Fox After 2 Seasons

‘Lucifer’ Canceled By Fox After 3 Seasons

‘The Brave’ Canceled By NBC After One Season

‘Taken’ Canceled By NBC After 2 Seasons

‘Speechless’ Renewed For Season 3 By ABC

‘The Last Man On Earth’ Canceled After Four Seasons On Fox

NBC Renews ‘Blindspot’ For Season 4

‘Star’ Renewed For Third Season By Fox

‘Alex, Inc.’ Canceled After One Season On ABC

‘Valor’ Officially Canceled By The CW After One Season

‘The 100’ Renewed For Season 6 By The CW

‘Good Girls’ Renewed For Season 2 By NBC

‘The Resident’ Renewed For Season 2 By Fox

‘Empire’ Renewed For Season 5 By Fox

‘The Good Fight’ Renewed For Season 3 By CBS All Access

‘For The People’ Renewed For Season 2 By ABC
why valor,the brave
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by shurlar50(m): 8:18am On May 12, 2018
koice:

Well, personally I think it's a lukewarm show atm. It doesn't blow hot, neither does it blow cold, just bland. It's sad cuz it used to be pretty meta.

Seasons 1 was good and freshed out, season 2 somehow improved on season 1, season 3 took a sudden dip, season 4 was straight up bad, season 5 was an epic fail.

But hey, I guess I'm a sucker cuz I still tune in every year and binge on it anyway. I watch it for the same reasons I stick to shows I have nearly given up on: loyalty & curiosity, but mainly the later - the Donovans are an "interesting" family, to say the least.

Bottom line, If you're not someone banged up (bothered) on ridiculous plotlines, sure why not, it's a good enough show.
Whao, thanks. I'd rather not waste my MB any longer then.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Keky(m): 8:27am On May 12, 2018
Kaziar:
As for fans of Brooklyn nine nine, hopes of rescuing the show might have tanked cause both Hulu and Netflix just passed on it and hopes of TBS also coming to the rescue is a long long shot.
This might actually be the end for B99.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Rescued by NBC, Renewed for 13-Episode Season 6.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 9:02am On May 12, 2018
Keky:
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Rescued by NBC, Renewed for 13-Episode Season 6.
yeah, just got the info. Good news for fans I'm sure.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 9:05am On May 12, 2018
sod09:
why valor,the brave
valor was doomed from the start.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Shittaakeem(m): 9:31am On May 12, 2018
What The Hell Is wrong with FOX
BROOKLYN 99 CANCELLED
LUCIFER CANCELLED

LIFE SENTENCE cry
THE BRAVE cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mrmos: 10:50am On May 12, 2018
sod09:
if they try it I will stop watching.
Those 2 lunatics are the reason I enjoy the series
Yes, they are lunatics especially Riggs.
I read the news online though. You can browse lethal weapon news also.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by noob03saibot(m): 11:22am On May 12, 2018
koice:

Well, I started watching TV series from the time I was old enough to comprehend what's going on. I remember Secret Of The Sands being my favorite back when I was 7  years old. A story about two twin sisters, a dashing young rancher and a mentally challenged man. You should look it up, it's pretty good. One of my oldest memories.

Passion, Full House and Friends were also pretty huge back then, and later, Buffy, Dark Angel, Egola: Place of Gold, and eventually, Oz which forever changed my perception in tv shows. Naturally, I started seeking shows just as meaningful and hardcore. Prison Break, The Shield, Six Feet Under, The X-files, Masters Of Horror, The Sopranos, Lost, Sons Of Anarchy, Heroes, The Wire, 4400, 24, etc were worthy thrills.

I was also a big fan of fantasy and the supernatural (remnants of my Buffy days I guess), thus I took an instant liking to Supernatural, which incidentally made me take an interest in it's producers, the WB (now the CW), and I got exposed to teen and young adult dramas like One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Gilmore Girls, Hart of Dixie, Melrose Place and Nikita.

Eventually, I took a dislike to teen dramas, and by extension the CW, and by extension, all their shows as I moved on. The cable channel, Syfy was and still is a worthy replacement. And for good reasons too, because that's where I became exposed to sci-fi classics like Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Caprica and Santuary.

Then, I became more selective of tv shows. Invariably, I found myself more and more likely to watch HBO, FX, AMC, Showtime and lately, Netflix shows, much more than the NBC, FOX, ABC and CBS shows, because of the quality content more prevalent on the former. The shorter seasons also play a big part as I would rather watch quality than quantity.

Seems to me you've been away from the tv series scenes for awhile. My advice, stick to shows similar to the ones that you mentioned and work up your way to the ones that are more complex. Don't jump right in to shows like Breaking Bad & The Leftovers cuz you'll go running for the hills back to your movies (yeah, I know you're a movie guy).

Hmm...
abeg! Where on earth can someone get secrets of the sands to download? Was a huge fan of it back then as a kid. And leftovers was sick. It beats me how people talk sh!t about it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 12:55pm On May 12, 2018
Why on earth would Designated Survivor be cancelled? The series is actually nice. I feel so sad right now.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by brosiye99(m): 1:24pm On May 12, 2018
I never really liked designated survivor from the start. the premise of the whole series showed it wasn't going to last long and the whole storyline and acting has been sub par in my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Oskidoo(m): 3:24pm On May 12, 2018
Nova15:
I just saw the first 2 episodes of Cobra Kai. I must say it's very promising.
Yea it is Man...dope series...Tasted and trusted.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by laydoh(m): 4:48pm On May 12, 2018
Olamyyde:
Legion is just too good. I seriously pity the people who don't understand this masterpiece. cry

No one can comprehend the power of David!
i stopped watching legion when it got to s2e2.Dnt even knw y.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 5:29pm On May 12, 2018
Beorn:
Why on earth would Designated Survivor be cancelled? The series is actually nice. I feel so sad right now.
the first season was lit, the second was about much politics with less action
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 12, 2018
noob03saibot:
abeg! Where on earth can someone get secrets of the sands to download? Was a huge fan of it back then as a kid. And leftovers was sick. It beats me how people talk sh!t about it.

My brother! That Brazilian telenovela was the real deal back then. My Mum was a huge fan and I remember always watching it with her every week on the local channel. How can I ever forget the drama surrounding Ruth and her evil twin, Raquel, and of course Marcus!

Anyhoo, the whole thing is on Dailymotion. It's in brazilian portuguese tho. Oh, and it's portuguese name is Mulheres de Areia.

The Leftovers is fantastic. But I do understand why some people might not take it to. Just recently, I recommend a show very much like it in overall bleakness, but some people came here to insult the show and I for being crap. I laughed at their ignorance because the soul of the show obviously went over their heads - they simply couldn't understand it, because of the complexities involved. The Leftovers has similar effect on people, and only folks that like complex shows with non-linear mode of storytelling will get it. It's very niched.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 12, 2018
brosiye99:
I never really liked designated survivor from the start. the premise of the whole series showed it wasn't going to last long and the whole storyline and acting has been sub par in my opinion.

Hate to sound like a prophet, but I did predict the demise of this show when it premiered. It's a show tailor made for ratings. You get the feeling from the start that if/when people stopped watching, the show's gonna crash and burn... and, people stopped watching, the ratings tanked, and naturally, the inevitable happened - it got axed.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 12, 2018
koice:

Hate to sound like a prophet, but I did predict the demise of this show when it premiered. It's a show tailor made for ratings. You get the feeling from the start that if/when people stopped watching, the show's gonna crash and burn... and, people stopped watching, the ratings tanked, and naturally, the inevitable happened - it got axed.

What even got me annoyed and stopped was the way the whole of one episode will be bland only for them to come up with an "epic" scene to cap off the episode.

You rush to check the next episode and you realise the last scene in the previous episode was just a gimmick to make you check the next.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when the presidents wife got killed, I checked the next episode expecting to be treated to some badass manhunt for the killer only to realise it was simply a driving error. That was just it for me, couldn't go beyond that.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 12, 2018
rationalmind:

What even got me annoyed and stopped was the way the whole of one episode will be bland only for them to come up with an "epic" scene to cap off the episode.

You rush to check the next episode and you realise the last scene in the previous episode was just a gimmick to make you check the next.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when the presidents wife got killed, I checked the next episode expecting to be treated to some badass manhunt for the killer only to realise it was simply a driving error. That was just it for me, couldn't go beyond that.

Lazy writing 101. The story follows the same pattern that has been stamped out countles times. The dialogue advances the primary plot, and watching eventually becomes tiring and unnecessary as you'll know exactly how it will end as soon as you see a pattern.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 12, 2018
lymelyte:
Personally, shows like Quantico,designated survivor etc..ought to have been canceled along time. They keep going in circles..

It's mind boggling how Quantico survived this long tbh. This show proved to me that the concept behind lazy writing isn't a myth - low effort, high reward.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2018
koice:

Lazy writing 101. The story follows the same pattern that has been stamped out countles times. The dialogue advances the primary plot, and watching eventually becomes tiring and unnecessary as you'll know exactly how it will end as soon as you see a pattern.
too make it worse they fucking talk too much in that series

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 12, 2018
sod09:
too make it worse they fucking talk too much in that series

Exactly! That's part of how lazy writing works. The dialogue services only the plot and never the character.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) ... (2817) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.