Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3511712 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (2817) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 6:53pm On May 12, 2018
koice:

It's mind boggling how Quantico survived this long tbh. This show proved to me that the concept behind lazy writing isn't a myth - low effort, high reward.
Quantico has topped the list of my least favorite shows since it first premiered. I actually gave it a life span of a single season, was surprised when it got renewed twice when its ratings were not even that impressive.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blue3k(m): 6:58pm On May 12, 2018
Atlanta, Full Metal Alchemists Brotherhood and Westworld.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by noob03saibot(m): 11:48pm On May 12, 2018
koice:

My brother! That Brazilian telenovela was the real deal back then. My Mum was a huge fan and I remember always watching it with her every week on the local channel. How can I ever forget the drama surrounding Ruth and her evil twin, Raquel, and of course Marcus!

Anyhoo, the whole thing is on Dailymotion. It's in brazilian portuguese tho. Oh, and it's portuguese name is Mulheres de Areia.

The Leftovers is fantastic. But I do understand why some people might not take it to. Just recently, I recommend a show very much like it in overall bleakness, but some people came here to insult the show and I for being crap. I laughed at their ignorance because the soul of the show obviously went over their heads - they simply couldn't understand it, because of the complexities involved. The Leftovers has similar effect on people, and only folks that like complex shows with non-linear mode of storytelling will get it. It's very niched.
Portuguese!! That's not good enough. Yeah I remember all the characters. And who could forget Mali and cowboy, that problematic couple and the retarded sculptor, tonio Dalua. And please what's the name of the show similar to the leftovers?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dygeasy(m): 12:23am On May 13, 2018
Frostyzone:

I know right? Technology has surpassed expectations. It's projected that before 2030 cars will be airborne. Man I can't wait for that day. I would sure love to fly an Audi A4 one day. I know what's on ya mind, why not Benz C300, right? Nope nigga, shiit too hard to maintain and woe betide you poor fvcker if it suddenly develops an engine trouble...that's tantamount to watching your dough go bye bye. Nope. I'd rather cruise the breeze with Audi A4, the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. You're welcome.
LMAO! You know Wetin dey pain me? Money fit no dey your bank account like that. The thought alone hurts me so bad. lipsrsealed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fweshspice(m): 12:49am On May 13, 2018
WestWorld is Messing with my Brain!!! The suspense no be here

Quite Intriguing!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:54am On May 13, 2018
noob03saibot:
please what's the name of the show similar to the leftovers?

The Terror.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LordAdam: 7:39am On May 13, 2018
koice:

It's mind boggling how Quantico survived this long tbh. This show proved to me that the concept behind lazy writing isn't a myth - low effort, high reward.

Kaziar:

Quantico has topped the list of my least favorite shows since it first premiered. I actually gave it a life span of a single season, was surprised when it got renewed twice when its ratings were not even that impressive.

No sh*t.

I at least tried to trudge through Designated Survivor S1. I couldn't even get to the second episode of Quantico. I'm thinking diversity and demographics was the primary reason why they kept it on for two more undeserved seasons.

I typically do not like raining on the parade of series that I don't like. But Quantico was so awful, I was bothered about it eating the time slot that should have been used for another show.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:20am On May 13, 2018
I get why most of these series got cancelled. I had already cancelled them n my head. I have been watching Grey's Anatomy for the past 10years and never for once got tired of it.

I just feel producers are getting reeeeeeally lazy over there. Same plot everywhere and all the time.

Guys, seriously, don't you get bored instantly when you could notice similarities in a series you are watching ands 5 others you had seen before?

I remember telling someone Lucifer will not last cuz is freaking slow and boring. How about The Last Man on Earth? Funny at first, but that didn't last long. The writers just Lost it.

Anyways, I am not shocked. I anticipated their cancellations.

WARNING : Nobody should touch The 100, The Blacklist, Empire (getting boring), Grey's Anatomy, supernatural, Agents of Shield, Code Black, Suits etc

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 10:42am On May 13, 2018
beatzone:

WARNING : Nobody should touch The 100, The Blacklist, Empire (getting boring), Grey's Anatomy, supernatural, Agents of Shield, Code Black, Suits etc
If any show deserves to be cancelled here its Supernatural....

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 11:08am On May 13, 2018
shurlar50:

Bro, please what's your view on Ray Donovan Is it a great show or i shouldn't waste my time?
7.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by EmmGee: 12:12pm On May 13, 2018
Kaziar:
As for fans of Brooklyn nine nine, hopes of rescuing the show might have tanked cause both Hulu and Netflix just passed on it and hopes of TBS also coming to the rescue is a long long shot.
This might actually be the end for B99.
but i thought i read somewhere that a network has taken it and renewed it for season 6
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by EmmGee: 12:16pm On May 13, 2018
sod09:
why valor,the brave
since you're unhappy with the brave, try seal team.

i started watching the brave but dumped it once i started seal team. now its one of my fav
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by EmmGee: 12:18pm On May 13, 2018
Mrmos:
Lethal Weapon ended S2 with a suspense (Martin Riggs was shot). I heard they have fired him sha. They will likely replace him in S3.
what tha heck angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2018
EmmGee:
since you're unhappy with the brave, try seal team.

i started watching the brave but dumped it once i started seal team. now its one of my fav
I use to work seal team they talk too much too
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 12:34pm On May 13, 2018
beatzone:

All the shows you mentioned above are now total rubbish
I am shaming for agent of shield... Right now..
The writers of the show is the most clueless you will ever find.. Suit used to be good until season 3 or so

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by EmmGee: 12:40pm On May 13, 2018
sod09:
I use to work seal team they talk too much too
seal team is not all about action. It's also about what goes on before the action. also like the brave.

but much better than strike back. strike back is "imaginary"
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jupitre(m): 12:42pm On May 13, 2018
koice:

Since you liked Merlin, I'll assume you like shows with with a fantasy setting, a lil' bit sci-fi and magic missed in, yes? Okay.
- Atlantis
- Outlander (more medieval sci-fi than magic, tho)
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel
- Penny Dreadful
- Shannara Chronicles (meh)
- Once Upon A Time
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer
- Angel
- Siren (Newish)
- Grimm
- Lost Girl

Revolution is a short lived post-apocalypse tv series that was never short on intrigue, if a little lacking on everything else. You'll definitely be upgrading with:
- The Walking Dead (Episode 1-6)
- Fear The Walking Dead
- The Last Ship
- Fringe (Season 5 is post-apocalypse)
- The Strain
- Battlestar Galactica
- Colony
- 12 Monkeys

Spartacus and it's miniseries, Gods Of The Arena are peculiar animals in the sense there's very few shows like them. It's history and fantasy missed in an electrifying romp.
Shows that came close are:
- Game Of Thrones
- Black Sails
- Da Vinci's Demon
- Britannia
- The Last Kingdom
- KnightFall
- Vikings
- Camelot

Shows like Blindspot
- Taken
- The Blacklist
- Limitless
- CSI: Cyber
- Agent X
- Stitchers
- Cracked

Mystery and all the extra baggage that goes with (twist, suspense blah blah blah). Every episode is linked - jump one and you missed a big part of the puzzle.
- Broadchurch
- Top Of The Lake
- Liar
- Riviera
- Lost
- Happy Valley
- Bloodline (Season 3 is subpar, though)
- The Fall (Subpar Season 3)
- True Detective (Season 1)
- Fargo
- The Killing
- Sherlock
- Strike
- The Terror
- The Sinner
- Marcella
- The Alienist
- Luther
- Dark (German language)
- The Night Of
- Line Of Duty
- Bosch

Hmm...

Please, where can I download agent X

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 1:07pm On May 13, 2018
EmmGee:

seal team is not all about action. It's also about what goes on before the action. also like the brave.

hold it back
Seal team is not even near the brave
Not to talk of strike back
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 1:08pm On May 13, 2018
EmmGee:
but i thought i read somewhere that a network has taken it and renewed it for season 6
yeah, twitter fans rampage saved it grin.
NBC picked it up for a sixth season
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by noob03saibot(m): 2:26pm On May 13, 2018
koice:

The Terror.
thanks man, ll look it up
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 3:16pm On May 13, 2018
Singapore1:

The writers of the show is the most clueless you will ever find.. Suit used to be good until season 3 or so

Suits has been great from season 1 to 7. That show doesn't lack content and with Rachel and Mike gone, I hope they can still find a way to keep it interesting.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 13, 2018
Singapore1:

Definitely season 3. That's when I stopped watching.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 13, 2018
EmmGee:

Strike Back is imaginary??... Hold up, hold up... Did you just rate Seal Team above Strike Back?? Ha! I'm watching the final day of EPL atm, so I will deviate from a rant, so I'll only say this: "You know nothing, Jon Snow EmmGee." grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by EmmGee: 4:20pm On May 13, 2018
koice:

Strike Back is imaginary??... Hold up, hold up... Did you just rate Seal Team above Strike Back?? Ha! I'm watching the final day of EPL atm, so I will deviate from a rant, so I'll only say this: "You know nothing, Jon Snow EmmGee." grin grin
LOL.

to me, strike back is so unbelievable. like they do some ridiculously daring missions and return without a single scratch fhs.

but seal team.... i don't know if it's just me, but i feel that's what real military is. not the make believe of strike back.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by EmmGee: 4:21pm On May 13, 2018
sod09:
hold it back
Seal team is not even near the brave
Not to talk of strike back
ok maybe my comparison is flawed because i stopped the brave at eps6
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Vulcanheph(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2018
Just started Watching BITTEN and i think it's the best werewolf series ever......i even Enjoyed more than teen Wolf
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 5:21pm On May 13, 2018
koice:

lol...you sef suprise grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 5:22pm On May 13, 2018
EmmGee:

LOL.

to me, strike back is so unbelievable. like they do some ridiculously daring missions and return without a single scratch fhs.

but seal team.... i don't know if it's just me, but i feel that's what real military is. not the make believe of strike back.
these guys in strike back are field guys yet their commanders always die in each season what more do you need to make it real

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by EmmGee: 7:54pm On May 13, 2018
sod09:
these guys in strike back are field guys yet their commanders always die in each season what more do you need to make it real
but they return w/o a single scratch from the worst of the worst situations. come on.

atleast in seal team the last episode jason got hit pretty bad and ray hurt his shoulder in action...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (2817) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Franklinezenwa, Achilles100, toask111, Donvic4u(m), WriiterNg, Mfunkynation(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.