Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1099) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3515555 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) ... (2818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 10:00am On Sep 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

*In Stifler's voice* Bite my nuts and call me skippy!

F**k! Yeah, Condor kinda underwhelmed. You know what? I had a sneaky feeling that this Bodyguard is all hype and no cattle. I trust your judgement, bro, what with our tastes on tv shows being near identical and all. Well, Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. That sucks. angry angry cry
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 13, 2018
Singapore1:

I haven't seen Bodyguard, but I believe you have become a victim of your achievements when it comes to movies rating, you have raised a high standard for yourself, maybe it's because of movies you have watched in your lifetime..
Hello peeps, don't "listen" to this guy's latest rating again!!! , he will mislead you!!!
Just ask him for movies recommendation that's all.

Whatever, man. There is something called "free will", I dunno, maybe you have heard of it? It's the ability to act at one's own discretion. You don't have to take my recommendations, bro. I'm not forcing it down your throat or pointing a gun at your head. It's not a competition or anything, there is no price to be won. At the end of the day, you can always choose another show if you don't like my recommendations, after all, there is something for everyone.

That said, people with similar tastes like mine will invariably see what I see, and understand. I do my recommendations because of them, not because of you. Cheers.

9 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LordAdam16: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2018
Singapore1:

I haven't seen Bodyguard, but I believe you have become a victim of your achievements when it comes to movies rating, you have raised a high standard for yourself, maybe it's because of movies you have watched in your lifetime..
Hello peeps, don't "listen" to this guy's latest rating again!!! , he will mislead you!!!
Just ask him for movies recommendation that's all.

Think it should be more of, watch the first two episodes, and if you don't like it, don't continue.

Slow burns are great, but it's one-dimensional to expect every Mercurio production to be a slow burn. Bodyguard is not being overhyped, far more people like it than those who don't (the most conservative estimate is 7:3). There are plenty of "recommended" series out here that I wouldn't watch even with a gun to my head.

I think it's a fair review but people should test run to see if they like it.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drmuchin: 10:34am On Sep 13, 2018
afilaka:

Recheck,it has bin corrected nw.
where can I download money heist with English audio?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 10:50am On Sep 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Whatever, man. There is something called "free will", I dunno, maybe you have heard of it? It's the ability to act at one's own discretion. You don't have to take my recommendations, bro. I'm not forcing it down your throat or pointing a gun at your head. It's not a competition or anything, there is no price to be won. At the end of the day, you can always choose another show if you don't like my recommendations, after all, there is something for everyone.

That said, people with similar tastes like mine will invariably see what I see, and understand. I do my recommendations because of them, not because of you. Cheers.
Typical Defensive k**ce!
Calm down Okay?
LordAdam16:

Think it should be more of, watch the first two episodes, and if you don't like it, don't continue.

Slow burns are great, but it's one-dimensional to expect every Mercurio production to be a slow burn. Bodyguard is not being overhyped, far more people like it than those who don't (the most conservative estimate is 7:3). There are plenty of "recommended" series out here that I wouldn't watch even with a gun to my head.

I think it's a fair review but people should test run to see if they like it.

-Lord
Exactly . The said series is still in its early stage.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2018
Singapore1:

Typical Defensive k**ce!
Calm down Okay?

Hmmm... funny, cuz from where I'm sitting I don't think I'm the one that needs calming. Did I shriek to high heavens, armed with highlighted sentences, and 6 exclamation marks? Nope, you did. I'm calm, bro, never being calmer. Are you, though?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 11:13am On Sep 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Hmmm... funny, cuz from where I'm sitting I don't think I'm the one that needs calming. Did I shriek to high heavens, armed with highlighted sentences, and 6 exclamation marks? Nope, you did. I'm calm, bro, never being calmer. Are you, though?
I'm calm now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 13, 2018
Singapore1:

I'm calm now
'Right.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jiggaz(m): 11:23am On Sep 13, 2018
Melonny:
Thanks boss! I watch lot of films in my spare time. So, I have watched tyrant, banshee and sense8.
I will try have and have nots and green leaf
Alright that's great!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FIDELITY24(m): 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
pls where can I download the haves and have not... it's not on toxicwap n 02tvseries.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by diggy41(m): 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

i am not new here.....most of the times i just come as a guest....i saw the reccomendation abt bodyguard....i gave it a trial and i must say this series is lit.....there was a twist in episode 4 when the home secretary was pronounced dead in media outlet....i didnt buy that ish at all.....i was discouraged though but all together its dope.....i love the romance between the guy and the home secretary......my guts tells me that it was staged though,lets see how things unfold
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hakeemlyon: 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
"SOCIAL MEDIA GAVE PEOPLE THE ILLUSION THEY WERE EQUAL". LOL... This would be an interesting season. #AHS.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

*In Stifler's voice* Bite my nuts and call me skippy!

F**k! Yeah, Condor kinda underwhelmed. You know what? I had a sneaky feeling that this Bodyguard is all hype and no cattle. I trust your judgement, bro, what with our tastes on tv shows being near identical and all. Well, Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. That sucks. angry angry cry

The problem is not from the show per se, but from the excessive hype attached to it, which on getting to see that it doesn't quiet live up to its billing, leaves you with a feeling of remorse. Same thing happened to me with Lacasa de Papel. Condor is okay but it doesn't worth the excessive hype it got on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by danduj(m): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
can anyone help with the link to "the good wife"?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
Just reminiscing on HALT AND CATCH FIRE. An intense show with one of the best character developments I've ever seen. AMC did right by this show.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2018
Beorn:

The problem is not from the show per se, but from the excessive hype attached to it, which on getting to see that it doesn't quiet live up to its billing, leaves you with a feeling of remorse. Same thing happened to me with Lacasa de Papel. Condor is okay but it doesn't worth the excessive hype it got on this thread.

The overhyping does play a part, but mostly, it's down to a show's limitations.

Every story have principle elements like the main character(s), the main character's goal, and the conflict. As each event of the plot happens, the character MUST grow to be able to cope with that event, and so the plot development leads to character development. But what if the plot moves at a rapid fire speed, and hence doesn't leave much room for character development to maneuver? The corollary becomes what I like to call "plot sensationalism". To simplify, it's an act of using the ploy of shock and awe for primary plot advancement, thereby neglecting principals like character development.

Character development is the inception of a typical plot line. Deliberately putting it in a backseat just so you can make your show more exciting, will ineluctably leave the primary plot very vulnerable to multiple plot holes. Condor is guilty of doing this, and Bodyguard is even more guilty of this subterfuge. They are not bad shows in the least (they certainly tipped the excitement scales), but they are very flash-in-the-pan. They're the sort that make headlines one moment, and the next, a forgotten memory.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
Kaziar:
Just reminiscing on HALT AND CATCH FIRE. An intense show with one of the best character developments I've ever seen. AMC did right by this show.

An understatement. Beautiful show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2018
Castle Rock. Season finale

What in the actual f**k?? undecided

I knew this show would f**k with us, but I didn't really expect it to end like that. Lots of unanswered questions. The entire season lead up to absolutely nothing. angry

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

(September 14th)
- American Vandal: Season 2

- BoJack Horseman: Season 5

Quite a month for Netflix addicts.

Meanwhile cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hueyreckless0007:
Meanwhile cheesy

grin grin

Tomorrow bro. My mouth is practically watering in liquid anticipation. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
Snowfall. Season 2

Last season was okay, but this season is gravitating towards masterpiece status. 3 episodes in, and I'm hopelessly addicted.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
Can anyone please provide a link where I can' download Strike Back from S03 upward, not heavy files please.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 8:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

The overhyping does play a part, but mostly, it's down to a show's limitations.

Every story have principle elements like the main character(s), the main character's goal, and the conflict. As each event of the plot happens, the character MUST grow to be able to cope with that event, and so the plot development leads to character development. But what if the plot moves at a rapid fire speed, and hence doesn't leave much room for character development to maneuver? The corollary becomes what I like to call "plot sensationalism". To simplify, it's an act of using the ploy of shock and awe for primary plot advancement, thereby neglecting principals like character development.

Character development is the inception of a typical plot line. Deliberately putting it in a backseat just so you can make your show more exciting, will ineluctably leave the primary plot very vulnerable to multiple plot holes. Condor is guilty of doing this, and Bodyguard is even more guilty of this subterfuge. They are not bad shows in the least (they certainly tipped the excitement scales), but they are very flash-in-the-pan. They're the sort that make headlines one moment, and the next, a forgotten memory.

True, Condor is guilty of the emboldened, but I guess the producers of both shows and similar ones like them were primarily after garnering as much viewers as possible from the get-go/pilot epsiode instead of slowly building up the characters/plot line. All shows can't be slow burners, I guess.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Castle Rock. Season finale

What in the actual f**k?? undecided

I knew this show would f**k with us, but I didn't really expect it to end like that. Lots of unanswered questions. The entire season lead up to absolutely nothing. angry

I thought you love slow burners? Maybe by next season, it'll lead to something. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 13, 2018
Beorn:

I thought you love slow burners? Maybe by next season, it'll lead to something. grin grin grin grin

Lolz. It's a frustrating conclusion, that's all

It's an anthology series, so season 2 should be a brand new story.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
Beorn:

True, Condor is guilty of the emboldened, but I guess the producers of both shows and similar ones like them were primarily after garnering as much viewers as possible from the get-go/pilot epsiode instead of slowly building up the characters/plot line. All shows can't be slow burners, I guess.

Yeah. Sad, but true.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Joered63: 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
The looming tower is such an interesting series. My kind of series. Done with six episodes. I'm taking my sweet time, not gonna rush this one.

Such a pity that instead of working together for the good of the country, the FBI and CIA were busy engaging in a dick measuring contest and hoarding vital information. Makes it feel like the 9/11 attack was deliberately allowed to happen
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Onepointfiveodds: 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

No release date yet, but it should be around Nov/Dec.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mrmos: 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2018
@koice Do you have a better site to download TRUST ME. The twitch site you gave is not working or rather not down loading. I really want to watch that series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Mrmos:
@koice Do you have a better site to download TRUST ME. The twitch site you gave is not working or rather not down loading. I really want to watch that series.

d l . y o o z d l . c o m / s e r i e s / t r u s t % 2 0 m e /

Just join them together.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) ... (2818) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.