Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3505452 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) ... (2815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 25, 2019
Brukx:
Speaking of weird TV shows. You've seen castle black?
It's okay-ish, minus the anticlimactic season finale.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ykgold29(m): 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
Pls who knows wen blindspot season 5 is coming up. Am in love with dat series. Is it possible for Kurt, reads, tasha and Patterson to just die like DAT?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by davidgee(m): 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
Who have seen Penny Dreadful?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AdorableJosh(m): 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
davidgee:
Who have seen Penny Dreadful?

Loved every bit of it, well apart from the rushed finale, still a great show nonetheless.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I feel sad that you didn't understand The OA. It's such a perfect little show about dimensional travel and the multiverse. You might has well not bother with other masterpieces of similar genre like Dark, Sense8 and 12 Monkeys. Since you hate the OA, you will hate those too.
I personally think dark has the craziest story i have seen in my life, it's an absolute masterpiece. I have only watched 2 episodes of 12 monkeys, i don't like it. I haven't seen sense 8. I just don't see why a show like the OA is hyped at all undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Season 1 is intriguing but very vague. I waited for 3 years for that vagueness to be explained, and season 2 when it finally arrived didn't disappoint in that regard. It explained everything, and even created new questions. I love that it's very weird. I am drawn to weird tv shows.
I understood the main point of the story in season 2. Even if i got confused in any episode, i read the post episode discussion for each episode on reddit. They travel from one multiverse to another or let us say they travel from one NDE to another. The first thing that turned me off was the ridiculous dance movements, season 2 didn't have much of that and i was enthralled with the 1st episode of season 2 but it failed to live up to that episode in imo. The finale end was good tho.

In your opinion do you think it's at the level of other weird shows like dark or the leftovers or even doom patrol or legion?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2019
Olamyyde:

I understood the main point of the story in season 2. Even if i got confused in any episode, i read the post episode discussion for each episode on reddit. They travel from one multiverse to another or let us say they travel from one NDE to another. The first thing that turned me off was the ridiculous dance movements, season 2 didn't have much of that and i was enthralled with the 1st episode of season 2 but it failed to live up to that episode in imo. The finale end was good tho.

In your opinion do you think it's at the level of other weird shows like dark or the leftovers or even doom patrol or legion?

Dark, Doom Patrol and Legion are weirder, but not by much. The Leftovers is far more depressing than weird tbh, thus can't really compare. I think The OA is on par with Sense8 in terms of weirdness. Lots of similarities between them too.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2019
Olamyyde:

I personally think dark has the craziest story i have seen in my life, it's an absolute masterpiece. I have only watched 2 episodes of 12 monkeys, i don't like it. I haven't seen sense 8. I just don't see why a show like the OA is hyped at all undecided

It's worth the hype. It's a great show. I dig the concept.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamharkinwaley: 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2019
Brukx:

Gustavo's Character was unique and all that. But frankly this is not the first time we have seen Drug barons of such sort. Remember Milan from Power? Or Sean Rostro from Jane the virgin. Gustavo was intriguing to watch but Walter was a more difficult character to potray. Brain Cranston did a great job

Walter did a good job portraying such character, he was too much to be honest. Gus was dope to,he was a drug baron but used good business, kindness and job ethnics to hide it so well. I'll say both characters have similarities.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 12:09am On Jun 26, 2019
Great show

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamJ(m): 9:08am On Jun 26, 2019
After recovering from game of thrones heart break returned to normal binge watching

Billions, they are killing the show, axe and taylor issue was over dragged, that plot twist in the last episode was flat, I saw it coming 4 episodes ago, now they want to take us back to season 1 plot points, Wendy and axe keep acting like they will do it, they should do it already, I said it earlier here that Wendy will leave chuck, people said no, if you watch American shows alot, you will know that they can imply forever and they usually do it in the end, they should find a lovely lady to replace Wendy in Chucks life and let the games begin

Handmaid's tale, season 3 is flat, it's boring and plotless, they are trying to give the story more depth but it's pushing me out, I can't understand why she didn't leave when she had the chance, they either introduce a real baddie to entertain us or they cancel the show, it has lost its way

Elementary, downloaded season 1, after the first 5 episodes, I got bored, yeye plot twist left and right, maybe they will be a central baddie later to give him a run for his money but those episodes were flat

Queen of the South, recommended to me many times but I didn't bite, choose to download a few episodes and see and I was glued, it's like power but with Mexican mafia spices, it's a lovely show, kept me up all night watching, the bad guys are delicious, very good show, among the best I have watched this year, will definitely watch it again

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 9:21am On Jun 26, 2019
Don't even know what to make of that first episode of Euphoria..just up and down but imma keep following.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamJ(m): 9:58am On Jun 26, 2019
Notice

Don't download LA finest

Stupid stupid stupid show

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ausuch(m): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2019
Queen of the south is definitely a Tv series to watch. Here are some Interesting TV series too that I recommend.. Ozark, Breaking Bad,Fargo (Season 1), Into the badlands,..Am Also hoping to get suggestions from guys here about some other interesting TV series
However, am hoping to
iamJ:
After recovering from game of thrones heart break returned to normal binge watching

Billions, they are killing the show, axe and taylor issue was over dragged, that plot twist in the last episode was flat, I saw it coming 4 episodes ago, now they want to take us back to season 1 plot points, Wendy and axe keep acting like they will do it, they should do it already, I said it earlier here that Wendy will leave chuck, people said no, if you watch American shows alot, you will know that they can imply forever and they usually do it in the end, they should find a lovely lady to replace Wendy in Chucks life and let the games begin

Handmaid's tale, season 3 is flat, it's boring and plotless, they are trying to give the story more depth but it's pushing me out, I can't understand why she didn't leave when she had the chance, they either introduce a real baddie to entertain us or they cancel the show, it has lost its way

Elementary, downloaded season 1, after the first 5 episodes, I got bored, yeye plot twist left and right, maybe they will be a central baddie later to give him a run for his money but those episodes were flat

Queen of the South, recommended to me many times but I didn't bite, choose to download a few episodes and see and I was glued, it's like power but with Mexican mafia spices, it's a lovely show, kept me up all night watching, the bad guys are delicious, very good show, among the best I have watched this year, will definitely watch it again

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ausuch(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Private jets
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 11:05am On Jun 26, 2019
iamJ:

cheesy did you just cast handmaids tale and billions only to praise queen of the south
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamJ(m): 11:07am On Jun 26, 2019
dubylhover:

cheesy did you just cast handmaids tale and billions only to praise queen of the south
didnt condem the entire seasons, just season 4 of billions and season 3 of handmaid's tale, they were flat

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamJ(m): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2019
ausuch:
Queen of the south is definitely a Tv series to watch. Here are some Interesting TV series too that I recommend.. Ozark, Breaking Bad,Fargo (Season 1), Into the badlands,..Am Also hoping to get suggestions from guys here about some other interesting TV series
However, am hoping to
into the badlands became useless after season 2, breaking bad is evergreen, fargo i havent watch, ozark aged like fine wine

snowfall
sons of anarchy
peaky blinders

if you are patient
the sopranos
homeland

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ausuch(m): 11:22am On Jun 26, 2019
Thanks I will download this ones you have listed and watch them..
iamJ:
into the badlands became useless after season 2, breaking bad is evergreen, fargo i havent watch, ozark aged like fine wine

snowfall
sons of anarchy
peaky blinders

if you are patient
the sopranos
homeland
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 11:28am On Jun 26, 2019
iamJ:
didnt condem the entire seasons, just season 4 of billions and season 3 of handmaid's tale, they were flat

IMO tho this last season of billions has been the best,great dialogues,plot..reminding us of the old chuck and bobby we knew...yes you're right the Taylor arc was dragged too long
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by davidgee(m): 11:34am On Jun 26, 2019
AdorableJosh:

Loved every bit of it, well apart from the rushed finale, still a great show nonetheless.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by henrydadon(m): 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2019
I'm the only one not feeling this season of the handmaid tale?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 26, 2019
Years and Years

HBO are killing it rn. Getting an HBO subscription has really worked out for me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
iamJ:

In regards to Billions, I beg to differ. This season really entertained in the right ways, and the finale knocked it out of the ball park. However, I do agree with you on the Taylor arc. It was one of the downside of season 5, and should have been wrapped up long ago.

I haven't started watching season 3 of Handmaid's Tale, so I don't have any comment.

Don't like Elementary either. Lots of filler episodes, and plots that never go anywhere. Also, it couldn't measure up to the real deal, BBC One's Sherlock.

Hmm, hated Queen of The South at first glance. Production values look cheap, and the acting is OTT. Even if it improved, I wouldn't know for I haven't gone back since. Perhaps I should give it a second chance?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by vert007: 1:23pm On Jun 26, 2019
So professor and Berlin are brothers in Money heist. No wonder he said he addressed him as his little brother when he was about to be killed by the police.

Patiently waiting for the season 3 on July 19
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drisham(m): 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
iamJ:
Notice

Don't download LA finest

Stupid stupid stupid show

why do u say so??
I follow the series and it has been good so far
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2019
ausuch:
However, am hoping to

- The Wire (centers around the Baltimore's inner-city drug scene)
- Weeds (drug dealing widow and psycho son)
- Justified (Hillbillies, cults, guns, drugs, and US Marshals)
- the Shield (the private and professional lives of corrupt LA cops and their exploits)
- Boardwalk Empire (Prohibition era America, Italian and Irish Mafia, Hitmen)
- Better Call Saul (Prequel to Breaking Bad)
- Gomorrah (Italian reply to The Sopranos)

Since you dug Breaking Bad and Fargo, you'll definitely love these.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by khattab008: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
Anyone with a download link for The Inmate (El Recluso)? Can't find it in the usual places and I'm yet to renew my Netflix subscription.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ausuch(m): 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2019
Thank you.. you too much
KoiceReloaded:

- The Wire (centers around the Baltimore's inner-city drug scene)
- Weeds (drug dealing widow and psycho son)
- Justified (Hillbillies, cults, guns, drugs, and US Marshals)
- the Shield (the private and professional lives of corrupt LA cops and their exploits)
- Boardwalk Empire (Prohibition era America, Italian and Irish Mafia, Hitmen)
- Better Call Saul (Prequel to Breaking Bad)
- Gomorrah (Italian reply to The Sopranos)

Since you dug Breaking Bad and Fargo, you'll definitely love these.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
The Chi season 2

Read that the show creator and writer had a cardiac arrest, and is in a medical induced coma. I hope Showtime won't axe it because of this unfortunate incident, cuz this show is pretty ace.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Odkboy23(m): 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
The Chi season 2

Read that the show creator and writer had a cardiac arrest, and is in a medical induced coma. I hope Showtime won't axe it because of this unfortunate incident, cuz this show is pretty ace.
damn after Jason Mitchell was fired and now this, I hope it won't get to that. Season 2 was lit, I need more.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MobileGees: 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gotham - Worst series I've watched so far in my entire life

Stupidity and mediocrity was at its peak with this movie, everything in the movie was so predictable that just watching 2 scenes in a episode, I already know everything single that is going to happen no suspense, bad acting

And somehow managed to have a RT ratings of 78%?

I'd give it 10%

(1) (2) (3) ... (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) ... (2815) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61