Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3517475 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2019
Reality11:
Please recommend some comedy series if you have. Series that can compete with these

Friends
Bing bang theory
Modern family...
Scrubs and Two and half men.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Capnd143(m): 11:20am On Oct 27, 2019
AdorableJosh:
Can't wait.
really? Can't wait too...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by seankafor(m): 11:52am On Oct 27, 2019
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ovems(f): 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
Can anyone help please. I can't download subtitles on MX Player. It's saying I don't have permission to do so. I don't know if it's because of the latest update. I have cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled it, still can't download subtitles.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by bikerboy1(m): 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Not yet. It just came out last month.

True though. But those on Netflix are already enjoying the complete season
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
realestniggah:

Tell them chief.. Let them know.

I actually felt the same way when I finished breaking bad.. You know when you finish a series and you don't know what else to do with your life.. I went on YouTube and started watching every content of breaking bad I could find.. Watching breaking bad is like an adrenaline rush you get when you driving at a top speed.. You just don't wanna stop.. Or else the excitement is over...Nothing compares to it on TV.. Nothing
Calm down.Breaking Bad isn't even as good as The Wire and The Sopranos

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 1:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

If we're going to venture into a debate as regards the greatest TV show of the 21st century, there's only one contender IMO - Breaking Bad.

For starters, it captured the TV zeitgeist like no other show. I have never been as overwhelmingly addicted to a show as BB. During its ridiculously riveting 4th and 5th seasons, I remember physically shaking with excitement before and after every episode. Like a serious meth addict, I was very anxious of when I'll get my next fix.

I leant a lot of things from that show; I learnt that a gigantic magnet hidden in a van packed adjacent to a precinct, could destroy a laptop in a police lockup. I leant the basics on how to set up a meth lab in a caravan, and how to rig a firearm in the trunk of my car, etc. In over five seasons and 62 episodes, there wasn't a single dud episode. There's only a handful of TV show that can boast of similar pristine level of consistency. Vince Giligan (the creator) was the ultimate perfectionist.

Conversely, GoT is overrated for the fact it has two off seasons. Season 1 to 3 were the strongest, season 4-6 were also good but not as good as 1-3, season 7 was poor compared to it's predecessors, and Season 8 was straight up a dumpster fire - as terrible as terrible gets. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic medieval fantasy, and was full of quality, but on closer and sober scrutiny, it's not all that it's cranked up to be. It's media machine is one of the best I've ever seen though. The way it jam it down the throat of everyone, you'd think GoT's the next thing since slice bread.

Bottom line, BB is better, my friend. What may seem like an overblown reputation to some people is nothing but justified.
You always over-praise that show.The earlier episodes in its first season were not even good.The second and third(excluding "The Fly" episode) seasons were superb and the show peaked in its fourth season.Episodes one to eight in its fifth season were alright but nine to sixteen weren't.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
Miggs:
You always over-praise that show.The earlier episodes in its first season were not even good.The second and third(excluding "The Fly" episode) seasons were superb and the show peaked in its fourth season.Episodes one to eight in its fifth season were alright but nine to sixteen weren't.

What are you talking about, buddy? It got good from the get go, and consistently amended as the story and characters developed. The world building in BB is one of the best I've seen, and only The Wire's world building surpassed it, and only just.

It peaked at "Ozymandias" (antepenultimate episode), not season 4. Season 5 in general is the best season of Television that I've had the pleasure of visually perceiving.

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
Miggs:
Calm down.Breaking Bad isn't even as good as The Wire and The Sopranos

The Wire would have come good at the top, if not for that dud of a season 5. That epic failure of a season took a lot out of the show. HBO should have ended it at season 4 IMO.

The Sopranos had an abundance of fillers, and it kinda reduced the quality, overall. Had more fun watching Broadwalk Empire and Gomorrah than The Sopranos, tbh. Still a great show nonetheless, but doesn't compare to BB in terms of core quality and consistency. Just my opinion though.

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by urahara(m): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The Wire would have come good at the top, if not for that dud of a season 5. That epic failure of a season took a lot out of the show. HBO should have ended it at season 4 IMO.

The Sopranos had an abundance of fillers, and it kinda reduced the quality, overall. Had more fun watching Broadwalk Empire and Gomorrah than The Sopranos, tbh. Still a great show nonetheless, but doesn't compare to BB in terms of core quality and consistency. Just my opinion though.

So many series about narcotics Sha.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
urahara:

Yup. Doesn't take much to find an interested audience when you do a narcotics themed show. Basically, it's a low hanging fruit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
urahara:

Who knows maybe some years down the line there will be a series about yahoo yahoo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by urahara(m): 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
thelastorca:

Who knows maybe some years down the line there will be a series about yahoo yahoo.

grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

What are you talking about, buddy? It got good from the get go, and consistently amended as the story and characters developed. The world building in BB is one of the best I've seen, and only The Wire's world building surpassed it, and only just.

It peaked at "Ozymandias" (antepenultimate episode), not season 4. Season 5 in general is the best season of Television that I've had the pleasure of visually perceiving.
What was Vince Gilligans' main purpose for creating Breaking Bad?In his own words; "To turn Mr Chips into Scarface".In the finale of season 4,Walters' circle was complete.What then was the reason for season 5?Finding out if he would get caught?The shows creators were never going to allow that.Another grouse I have with the show is how "hollywoodesque" it ended.Walter dying was too easy a conclusion.He should have been arrested by Hank and jailed.I also hated that machine gun in the trunk gimmick.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 5:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

True.The wires' fifth season is not really good but that mainly has to do with the seasons that came before it being so stellar(especially season 4)it was never going to live up to the high standard the shows' creators had set.
Fillers in The Sopranos?What episode?What season?The show is a masterpiece.I have watched the series numerous times and searched for any hint of inferiority.I have found NOTHING.Funnily enough,i also consider Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men better shows than Breaking Bad

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
Miggs:
What was Vince Gilligans' main purpose for creating Breaking Bad?In his own words; "To turn Mr Chips into Scarface".In the finale of season 4,Walters' circle was complete.What then was the reason for season 5?Finding out if he would get caught?The shows creators were never going to allow that.Another grouse I have with the show is how "hollywoodesque" it ended.Walter dying was too easy a conclusion.He should have been arrested by Hank and jailed.I also hated that machine gun in the trunk gimmick.

I have no idea what you're on about, bro. You have completely lost me. Either you watched BB wrong, or you skipped a lot of episodes.

This IMDb episode ratings of BB will show you how wrong you're about the show.

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls009044565/

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 6:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I have no idea what you're on about, bro. You have completely lost me. Either you watched BB wrong, or you skipped a lot of episodes.

This IMDb episode ratings of BB will show you how wrong you're about the show.

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls009044565/
The creator of Breaking Bad Vince Gilligan said he wanted to depict a program where a nice guy would turn into a bad guy.In the finale of season 4 when Walter told his wife "he won" and when the camera panned to the ricin plant in the final shot,it showed how Walter had lied to Jesse that Gus Fring had poisoned the little boy.Walter had completely turned into the bad guy Vince desired.
As for IMDB,i don't really care about others ratings about shows and movies.I make up my views myself.I really do like Breaking Bad but other shows are better

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
Miggs:
The creator of Breaking Bad Vince Gilligan said he wanted to depict a program where a nice guy would turn into a bad guy.In the finale of season 4 when Walter told his wife "he won" and when the camera panned to the ricin plant in the final shot,it showed how Walter had lied to Jesse that Gus Fring had poisoned the little boy.Walter had completely turned into the bad guy Vince desired.
As for IMDB,i don't really care about others ratings about shows and movies.I make up my views myself.I really do like Breaking Bad but other shows are better

Well, your views in regards to BB is wank_. It goes contrary to popular opinion. Season 5 is the best, and highest rated season of BB, and yet according to you, it's unnecessary (??). A lot of loose ends were tied in Season 5, like the main plot line(Walter White's) and whatnot. Even at that, Jesse's subplot didn't get tied until this month with El Camino.

So like I said, either you weren't paying attention to the plot lines, or you skipped a lot of expository episodes.

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Capnd143(m): 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
thelastorca:

holy fuckin molly! Why hasn't anyone thought of this yet? If well marketed this would be huge! Considering the "infamous" popularity of yahoo yahoo
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Well, your views in regards to BB is wank_. It goes contrary to popular opinion. Season 5 is the best, and highest rated season of BB, and yet according to you, it's unnecessary (??). A lot of loose ends were tied in Season 5, like the main plot line(Walter White's) and whatnot. Even at that, Jesse's subplot didn't get tied until this month with El Camino.

So like I said, either you weren't paying attention to the plot lines, or you skipped a lot of expository episodes.
Yes.Season 5 was unnecessary.Are you saying Jesse Pinkman didn't become unlikeable in the fifth season from episode nine to sixteen?Throwing his stash out of his car window and being an annoying emotional wreck.The Walter character becoming a God even dying like Neo(from the matrix) in season five episodes nine to sixteen.The Todd character was just meh and his dullness was on full display in the disappointing El Camino special episode?movie?Personally,I prefare calling it a cash grab

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
thelastorca:

I hope it never comes to pass. It will do nothing but glorify the illicit profession, thereby, inadvertently creating an illusion of a lucrative venture for the uninformed youth.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2019
Grisse.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Moura7(m): 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
pls who knows when the season 2 of Condor would be out?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by urahara(m): 3:37am On Oct 28, 2019
[quote author=DandeNumeruno post=83215710]

friends, Seinfeld and two & half men are exceptions. all other laugh track comedies are nonsense. [/quote
What about HIMYM ?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by anonymousghost2(m): 4:16am On Oct 28, 2019
Mornaca 9.8/10

waiting for season 2 ..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by anonymousghost2(m): 4:17am On Oct 28, 2019
someone should help me with the link to action spanish series...................

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Zoroaster: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hey guys where can i download locked up.. The spanish series.. I couldnt find it on o2tvseries..thanks

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Onepointfiveodds: 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
Capnd143:
I just started seeing breaking bad. Have heard so much hype about it. But the first parts of season one I have seen so far [episodes 1 to 4] are not entirely worth the hype. I'll rate it 5/10.

I get that this might be a very hugely unpopular opinion. But that's my take from what I have seen to far.

Or are other parts of the movie better than the first 3 episodes? Or could be due to my taste in movies

The show is slow burn... It get more interesting as it progresses.

You gonna love it if you can be patient
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2019
thelastorca:

So we should be expecting
Netflix's Maga
HBO's Wire Wire
Amazon Prime's Invictus
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2019
Kaycee7:
So we should be expecting
Netflix's Maga
HBO's Wire Wire
Amazon Prime's Invictus

yep

or they can first do test run dreamworks style by having a hyena of admirality way movie.

KoiceReloaded:

I hope it never comes to pass. It will do nothing but glorify the illicit profession, thereby, inadvertently creating an illusion of a lucrative venture for the uninformed youth.

would you say the narco tv shows are glorifying the drug cartels?
as to an illusion of lucrative venture, we have passed that event horizon a long time ago

a series could also show the other side people's lives ruined, business failures etal - though considering the average Nigerians complete lack of empathy, i'm not sue if that will make a difference
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2019
thelastorca:

would you say the narco tv shows are glorifying the drug cartels?
as to an illusion of lucrative venture, we have passed that event horizon a long time ago

a series could also show the other side people's lives ruined, business failures etal - though considering the average Nigerians complete lack of empathy, i'm not sue if that will make a difference

That's exactly my point, yes. Narcos starkly and irrevocably glorified drug cartels. Pablo Escobar was a self-serving sociopath that killed over 3000 people, but Narcos painted him as a sympathetic figure, and goes further to paint drug cartels as robin fucking_ hoods. It depicted the sicarios as stouthhearted commandos that take no shit from anybody. It didn't stop there... It engendered an illusion of a corrupt and drug ridden Colombia, but Colombia was never really that, as any Colombian would tell you. It also depicted cocaine as an elite drug, etc, etc, etc.

Don't underestimate the influence these kind of shows have on popular culture. Recently in Mexico, a drug cartel outgunned the Mexican military in a gunfight - something that has never happened in the history of Mexico... where do you think they got the idea from? Narcos edified viewers that drug cartels have the potential to build their own private army by tapping into their tremendous resources. The Mexican drug cartel presently wield a sophisticated fire power that not even Mexican army could match.

The HBOs, Netflixes and the rest of the entertainment piranhas don't care about the damage narcotics-based/fraud shows have on the impressionable populace, they just want profit, and if glorifying the vices of a nation will give them that money, then so be it. It's not right, that's what I'm trying to verbally express.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2019
[quote author=urahara post=83520771][/quote]
i despised that show.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Meksbig(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.