Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3517948 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2019
iamJ:
let us know ur ratings for watchmen

Seen both episodes... So far I am finding the show oddly fascinating... It is basically about racism, from what I gather from the first two episodes... So many twists, plenty suspense, and loads of crazy people... WTF

Looking forward to the next Episode ✔️

Would rate the series so far 7 / 10 ✔️✔️

Godfather of Harlem next on the Watchlist

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by twosquare(m): 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
A Discovery of Witches

Rating: 8.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
nani667:

Seen both episodes... So far I am finding the show oddly fascinating... It is basically about racism, from what I gather from the first two episodes... So many twists, plenty suspense, and loads of crazy people... WTF

Looking forward to the next Episode ✔️

Would rate the series so far 7 / 10 ✔️✔️

Godfather of Harlem next on the Watchlist

Watchdogs
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by thorrvik55(m): 3:03am On Oct 30, 2019
BobHeartsAbishola cool

Who's seen it?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by donhils: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2019
Anybody seeing or seen Gomorrah? How would you rate it?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 30, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

That's exactly my point, yes. Narcos starkly and irrevocably glorified drug cartels. Pablo Escobar was a self-serving sociopath that killed over 3000 people, but Narcos painted him as a sympathetic figure, and goes further to paint drug cartels as robin fucking_ hoods. It depicted the sicarios as stouthhearted commandos that take no shit from anybody. It didn't stop there... It engendered an illusion of a corrupt and drug ridden Colombia, but Colombia was never really that, as any Colombian would tell you. It also depicted cocaine as an elite drug, etc, etc, etc.

Don't underestimate the influence these kind of shows have on popular culture. Recently in Mexico, a drug cartel outgunned the Mexican military in a gunfight - something that has never happened in the history of Mexico... where do you think they got the idea from? Narcos edified viewers that drug cartels have the potential to build their own private army by tapping into their tremendous resources. The Mexican drug cartel presently wield a sophisticated fire power that not even Mexican army could match.

The HBOs, Netflixes and the rest of the entertainment piranhas don't care about the damage narcotics-based/fraud shows have on the impressionable populace, they just want profit, and if glorifying the vices of a nation will give them that money, then so be it. It's not right, that's what I'm trying to verbally express.

you are right

https://store .steam powered. com/app/1154860/E lite_Battle__Rio/

About This Game
Rio de Janeiro has fallen in the hands of the drug dealers. There are no distinction between the government and the crime.

With almost every public institution going rogue and corrupted, a few squads and individuals still fights to reclaim the city.

Join the alpha team on an elite squad and win the war!

Live the experience of the BOPE squad in specific missions !

Bring back the order!

this is where we are now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kanurii: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2019
donhils:

9/10

A realistic Italian mafia show base in Napoli/Naples

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 11:35am On Oct 30, 2019
Best news of today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 30, 2019
thelastorca:

you are right
https://store .steam powered. com/app/1154860/E lite_Battle__Rio/

this is where we are now
The World has gone roque, and it's only gonna get worse.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 30, 2019
Beorn:
Best news of today

[In Borat's voice] Wa-wa-we-wa. I like.

Great news.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 30, 2019
donhils:

It's a realistic depiction of mob life in Italy. It's brutal, horrifying, gritty, face-paced, unapologetic, and most importantly, not for the faint of heart.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

[In Borat's voice] Wa-wa-we-wa. I like.

Great news.

I'm so hyped. Let's hope they bring their A-game like they always do. I joined GoT from season 4, this time around, I'm watching it as every episode drops. I can't pass through the hell of evading spoilers just to wait till each season is complete.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by urahara(m): 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
Beorn:
Best news of today

After they messed the last season up

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
Beorn:

I'm so hyped. Let's hope they bring their A-game like they always do. I joined GoT from season 4, this time around, I'm watching it as every episode drops. I can't pass through the hell of evading spoilers just to wait till each season is complete.

Let's hope HBO will keep DnD away from the script. Don't want another trainwreck.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
urahara:

As in. That dumpster fire soiled the whole series for me. I expected a better ending for Dany and Jon. They half-assed the whole season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by urahara(m): 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

As in. That dumpster fire soiled the whole series for me. I expected a better ending for Dany and Jon.

I'm just itching for George r.r Martin to finish " a song of ice and fire ". I know his ending will be epic.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by urahara(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Let's hope HBO will keep DnD away from the script. Don't want another trainwreck.

I swear. If George r.r martin won't be involved , let them not bother wasting their money.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
urahara:

I'm just itching for George r.r Martin to finish " a song of ice and fire ". I know his ending will be epic.

No doubt, but he's certainly talking his sweet time, he pens at a snail speed. Should learn a thing or two from Stephen King on how to write fast.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

We shouldn't be worried about those calamitous DnD if this rumor below is true. cry

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
Beorn:

We shouldn't be worried about those calamitous DnD if this rumor below is true. cry

Yeah, it's cancelled. It's not a rumor.

HBO must have weighed the pros and cons, and decided it's not worth their salt. More's the pity, for a prequel to GoT could have been epic.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lh19(m): 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
Beorn:

They didn't cancel the one about the Dance Of Dragons, they canceled the one about White Walkers so it's still on
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lh19:

They didn't cancel the one about the Dance Of Dragons, they canceled the one about White Walkers so it's still on

There were two prequels?? Didn't know that.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Okay, according to BBC, HBO axed one prequel and replaced it with another.

Beorn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lh19(m): 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

There were two prequels?? Didn't know that.

They were 5 prequels in development so they shot the pilot of the one for whitewalkers recently but I think it was below par so it got canceled.
The one about the Targaryen family origin (Dance of Dragons) is the one they decided to make and Miguel Sapochwik is among the showrunners with George R.R Martin being involved. The advantage this one has is that there's already a Dance of Dragons book.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lh19:

They were 5 prequels in development so they shot the pilot of the one for whitewalkers recently but I think it was below par so it got canceled.
The one about the Targaryen family origin (Dance of Dragons) is the one they decided to make and Miguel Sapochwik is among the showrunners with George R.R Martin being involved. The advantage this one has is that there's already a Dance of Dragons book.

That's all I needed to know, I'm sold. Thanks, man. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 2:36pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lh19:

KoiceReloaded:
Okay, according to BBC, HBO axed one prequel and replaced it with another.

Beorn_.

Sweet music to my ears. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stonecoldstare1: 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
Beorn:
Best news of today
I really wanna see Aegon's conquest without Dumb and Dumber
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stonecoldstare1: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
urahara:

Well the creators of GOT won't be involved with this one.... Hopefully, this one turns out good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stonecoldstare1: 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lh19:

The one with the Targaryen origin is Aegon's conquest which is not really an origin story... It's how they conquered westeros. Dance of dragons takes place after the death of the fifth Targaryen king and the book you are talking about is called "a dance with dragons"... It's the fifth book in the "a song of ice and fire" series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by urahara(m): 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
Stonecoldstare1:

Well the creators of GOT won't be involved with this one.... I'm hopeful for this one

Hmmn.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by urahara(m): 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lh19:

Subbhanalah
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
Stonecoldstare1:

Well the creators of GOT won't be involved with this one.... Hopefully, this one turns out good
I admire your optimism but I believe anyone who helms any GOT prequel/sequel will still be affected by the changes in the western cultural zeitgeist which finds their way into creative endeavours and indirectly ruins them

(1) (2) (3) ... (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Buzzer99 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.