Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3528074 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
kendrick9:
Of course there are many ways an assassin can kill...
But I believe she's killed over a dozen and none of em posed any challenge..... Some of em able bodied men....

Most of the people she kills are just regular 'wall street ' people (can't remember them all). Maybe those standing in the way of The Twelve's businesses and what not.

For example the office scene, the young man was running around begging without posing any challenge or even Bill, a trained mi6 officer crying like a baby.. Very amateurish....

I think you're missing is thinking EVERY MI6 officer must know how to fight.( Lemme digress a little, I know you must have seen Hobbs and Shaw , remember when The Rock gave gun to that MI6 dude to point at Jason Statham's sister, he was fidgeting, why? He is not a field operative, he is just brain work and shit)

Same with Eve and Bill, despite intelligence officer, they have zero fighting skills( I believe their job should they even go to the field and just to observe and report, not engaging) and when Bill went to engage he met his waterloo.

So far so good, this their division of MI6 in this series, we haven't seen the regular field operative that we have come to know(Gun slinging , good hand to hand combat kind-of-operative).

So cut them some slack in that perspective.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
Brukx:
The number of times penny dreadful has been mentioned here. I'm forced to watch it
There is a high possibility that it will end in tears.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2020
Achilles100:

1.The killing of the boy she was given to train.
2. The killing of her handler in season 2 or so.
Like who does that? She is a field agent for crying out loud.( I can't remember them all from my head)

Maybe cos she is the golden goose that why nothing they touch her.

The way Dasha fears(respects) her handlers from Russia isn't same for Villanelle.

The rope she is given for a Russian operative is way too long abeg.
I'm still at the beginning of the third season so I can't really comment on the boy she's supposed to train.

The death of her handler in S2 can't be explicitly pinned on her so she can get some kind of pass on that.
Then, remember that The Twelve is a pragmatic association. It's not like they love Villanelle or anything. She's just useful to them for now until she isn't and then she can be disposed of.
Also, remember that Villanelle is a psychopath without much regard for her own life and safety. So it follows that she would not fear the Russian handlers as Dasha does.
Lastly, The Twelve are not exclusively a Russian outfit which would explain why they're not as severe.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
Achilles100:

kendrick9 is right though. We haven't really seen a quality fight scene from Villanelle after 3seasons. I can't even call that tussle she had with the other girl at the train station a fight scene(in season 3) cos twas like two street girls fighting.
Because Villanelle is not really a brawler. Sneak and surprise attacks are more her forte.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
Achilles100:

Most of the people she kills are just regular 'wall street ' people (can't remember them all). Maybe those standing in the way of The Twelve's businesses and what not.

I think you're missing is thinking EVERY MI6 officer must know how to fight.( Lemme digress a little, I know you must have seen Hobbs and Shaw , remember when The Rock gave gun to that MI6 dude to point at Jason Statham's sister, he was fidgeting, why? He is not a field operative, he is just brain work and shit)

Same with Eve and Bill, despite intelligence officer, they have zero fighting skills( I believe their job should they even go to the field and just to observe and report, not engaging) and when Bill went to engage he met his waterloo.

So far so good, this their division of MI6 in this series, we haven't seen the regular field operative that we have come to know(Gun slinging , good hand to hand combat kind-of-operative).

So cut them some slack in that perspective.

Imagine an assassin running amok Europe , on a killing spree yet the mi6 seems incompetent on ways to stop her...
That sounds too far fetched IMO.
On the subject of Bill, any full fledged man should be able to defend himself at the least put up a resistance to who let's be honest a villanelle who hasn't shown any special physical traits yet...
She's no Bourne but the show wants us to suspend belief that she is.....
Which is where my problem lies.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
Kaycee7:
Because Villanelle is not really a brawler. Sneak and surprise attacks are more her forte.
Yes for the most part but she's been in one on one situations a few times and came unscathed...
Remember the office scene in Bulgaria, the guy running around begging for his life was kinda funny.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
kendrick9:
But I believe she's killed over a dozen and none of em posed any challenge..... Some of em able bodied men....
For example the office scene, the young man was running around begging without posing any challenge or even Bill, a trained mi6 officer crying like a baby.. Very amateurish....

Let me add to the list, Nadia who was a fellow assassin was just begging for her life before Villanelle killed her. Abi they did not train Nadia too?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
Kaycee7:
There is a high possibility that it will end in tears.
You mean it? I watched episode one. I can't conclude yet
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ibnlawal(m): 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
nani667:

You got me at Nude

Added to list ✔️
Lol grin grin grin
Psycho
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by trigar12(m): 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
madamori9:
I am currently watching Peaky Blinders. It’s an HBO series that is based on events after the First World War in England. The episodes were downloaded from LightDL. I think it is a good series. You’d have to like English accent to enjoy it though. Some people complain that the words are not very clear.

The only person I struggle to understand is that police officer. Not the other guy that works under Churchill directly, that huge police officer... The guy ehn, I dey struggle sometimes to understand him
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2020
kendrick9:
Imagine an assassin running amok Europe , on a killing spree yet the mi6 seems incompetent on ways to stop her...

At any given time, do you know how many assassins are active?

What you forget is that even MI6 used her in season 2 to drop one asshole guy like that.

Right now, Villanelle is a means to an end. Its the twelve they are after and she has link to them that's why she is still alive. Not due to incompetence or anything.

If there was even any incompetence , its on the part of Eve as love as entered her head.

On the subject of Bill, any full fledged man should be able to defend himself at the least put up a resistance to who let's be honest a villanelle who hasn't shown any special physical traits yet...

How was Bill killed? Was it not inside a club? He was tailing her , he lost her and she double backed on him and stabbed multiple times I think.

Even for normal prison series/movie, if someone jumps another prisoner and stabs him multiple times, e don end for that prisoner.

Could Bill have done better, yes.

But imagine shadowing a fucking psychopathic killer thinking you have the person in your sights and all of a sudden she turns and smiles cynical to you, Baba you go freeze. Same thing happen to Bill.

Forget training, this na normal behind the desk guy, and he is out in the field.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
Brukx:
Let me add to the list, Nadia who was a fellow assassin was just begging for her life before Villanelle killed her. Abi they did not train Nadia too?
exactly
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oceanized25(m): 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
Bro please do you know any site where I can download Boston legal for free?
That series has been the best I ever watched and wants to rewatch it again but I don't see it in regularly downloading series sites.
PUSSYHOE:

That's not how I rate or view series, I rate series in comparison to other series in the same genre.

e.g

Suits vs boston legal

grey's anatomy vs the resident vs the good doctor

breaking bad vs Ozark

Oz vs prison break

now back to the subject matter I have seen Vikings which is same genre with the last kingdom. if you think the last kingdom is good my opinion is I have seen something better.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jiggaz(m): 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
The Nest

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PUSSYHOE(m): 1:37am On Jun 12, 2020
oceanized25:
Bro please do you know any site where I can download Boston legal for free?
That series has been the best I ever watched and wants to rewatch it again but I don't see it in regularly downloading series sites.

http://fztvseries.mobi
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 2:28am On Jun 12, 2020
Seen Episode 1

Not bad, still don't understand the story they told at the beginning as to why the world is fücked up, but other than that it has been decent so far... Onto Episode 2 >

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:14am On Jun 12, 2020
kendrick9:
That sounds too far fetched IMO.
She's no Bourne but the show wants us to suspend belief that she is.....
Which is where my problem lies.
Well then, you created your problem for yourself. Because the show has NEVER tried to portray Villanelle as a Jason Bourne type character.
Villanelle does not have any special physical traits. And how was Bill supposed to defend himself in a crowded club where he even had difficulty moving?
Your problem seems to be that you're trying to make Villanelle into what she's not, and then expect the show to rationalize that for you.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:16am On Jun 12, 2020
Brukx:

You mean it? I watched episode one. I can't conclude yet
It's actually a really good show. But when most of you here watch a show because of how popular it is here, y'all usually end up coming back to trash it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:23am On Jun 12, 2020
kendrick9:

You seem to think every able-bodied man is also courageous. And I don't remember Bill crying. Are you talking about the guy she killed in a club or the guy she killed in a safe house?
Even then, none of those guys were trained in combat or anything of the sort. Hell, both of those guys were desk analysts.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 8:06am On Jun 12, 2020
Alex Rider

Episode 2: Shey na interrogation be this? Even me wey never train go pass am.

What happened to water boarding, electrocution on the feet,( heard they nor leave scars), even orange inside napkin to blow him doesn't leave scars. Yet them say na interrogation them do.

If they completed one overnight with the sleep derivation technique sef, I for understand. But don't freaking give me that bullshit lie that 'he has been trained', ' his uncle thought of everything'.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 8:09am On Jun 12, 2020
Kaycee7:
You seem to think every able-bodied man is also courageous. And I don't remember Bill crying. Are you talking about the guy she killed in a club or the guy she killed in a safe house?
Even then, none of those guys were trained in combat or anything of the sort. Hell, both of those guys were desk analysts.

kendrick9 , I saw this in the new series I am seeing about MI6, at least that explains alot about why they almost are weaklings in this series.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by homesteady(m): 8:13am On Jun 12, 2020
nani667:

You got me at Nude

Added to list ✔️

grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by yusfatedeeprof(m): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2020
kendrick9:

Uncovering... lol
We are heading into the fourth season and we still don't know how villanelle came to be an assassin....
where was she trained?
who trained her?
no nada.
But suddenly we just started witnessing an assassin that is untouchable no matter how careless she is on her missions...
see eh I love the series but the truth is the show is filled with so many plot holes ...
Don't even get me started on Mi6 incompetence, it's embarrassing.
This is what happens when you watch a movie to find fault, you tend to miss the whole point...... I can't believe we watched the same killing eve

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
Villanelle brilliant kills that you should be fascinated about is what you are trying to ridicule.
Villanelle is not a martial artist or someone who could take on 20 armed men. She need not to be trained by the league of assassins.

It's not really about the training, many were trained like her but she is a genius and really good at sneaking, acting, blending in to the scenery and isolating her kills close and personal, killing with ease at the same time playfully and dramatically. That's what makes her special and the twelve's favourite. Most don't even know she is about to kill them until they are about to die.

Villanelle kills are more of brilliance than it is brawl, like the way she killed the man in the elevator with his tie, the way she tricked and convinced carla into trying her deadly perfume remember she could have forced her to inhale the perfume, or how she killed the accountant of the twelve dressed up in a police costume etc....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Redpanter(m): 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 1:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
Alex Rider is lit o.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
PUSSYHOE:

Episode 4 right now and believe me when I tell you it ain't a teen shit!

Thanks alot for this recommendation, thoroughly enjoyed it. Any other new series you can recommend?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
yusfatedeeprof:
Villanelle brilliant kills that you should be fascinated about is what you are trying to ridicule.
Villanelle is not a martial artist or someone who could take on 20 armed men. She need not to be trained by the league of assassins.

It's not really about the training, many were trained like her but she is a genius and really good at sneaking, acting, blending in to the scenery and isolating her kills close and personal, killing with ease at the same time playfully and dramatically. That's what makes her special and the twelve's favourite. Most don't even know she is about to kill them until they are about to die.

Villanelle kills are more of brilliance than it is brawl, like the way she killed the man in the elevator with his tie, the way she tricked and convinced carla into trying her deadly perfume remember she could have forced her to inhale the perfume or how she kill the accountant of the twelve dressed up in a police costume etc....

There is a clip on YouTube about all her kills from season 1 and season 2.

Everything you've said is true...except when she is killing multiple persons, we've never seen the pattern she uses in taking them down. There are two instances of this

1. The first time Eve saw her in the hospital, where she killed the guards, nurses and the person she really wanted to kill. About four or five persons on the floor when Eve got there.

2. When she was trying to get one of their agent that turned and was in MI6 safe house, I don't know how many people she massacred(twas a really brutal scene, ie the arrangement of the corpses on the ground), we also didn't see her taking them down, they just showed us when she got the real person she was looking for.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
yusfatedeeprof:

Villanelle kills are more of brilliance than it is brawl, like the way she killed the man in the elevator with his tie, the way she tricked and convinced carla into trying her deadly perfume remember she could have forced her to inhale the perfume or how she kill the accountant of the twelve dressed up in a police costume etc....
Nonsense.
She took down a hospital with more than 10 persons on duty with bullets from the wounds we saw,
Does that fit into your sneaking in logic?
What about the Office scene in Bulgaria in season one where a young feel fit guy was begging running round like a child,
does that also fit into your surprise and brilliant tactics...
There is no one way of killing in an assassin book,
Every situation requires different tactics and planning..
There are situations that requires the sneaking, costume make up and all that sh1t but not all missions are are like these ...
Every assassin gets their hands dirty including Villanelle.....
Why she's been coming out unscathed so far defies logic....
Arguing otherwise is nonsense...
Like I said before the main theme of this show is a Lesbian who is obsessed about her crush...
Apart from the excellent acting from the lead characters, i see nothing else the show has to offer
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
Achilles100:

There is a clip on YouTube about all her kills from season 1 and season 2.

Everything you've said is true...except when she is killing multiple persons, we've never seen the pattern she uses in taking them down. There are two instances of this

1. The first time Eve saw her in the hospital, where she killed the guards, nurses and the person she really wanted to kill. About four or five persons on the floor when Eve got there.

2. When she was trying to get one of their agent that turned and was in MI6 safe house, I don't know how many people she massacred(twas a really brutal scene, ie the arrangement of the corpses on the ground), we also didn't see her taking them down, they just showed us when she got the real person she was looking for.
This is exactly my point.
She is way overpowered without any proof that back that up...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
Kaycee7:
Well then, you created your problem for yourself. Because the show has NEVER tried to portray Villanelle as a Jason Bourne type character.
Villanelle does not have any special physical traits. And how was Bill supposed to defend himself in a crowded club where he even had difficulty moving?
Your problem seems to be that you're trying to make Villanelle into what she's not, and then expect the show to rationalize that for you.
Eh...
She took down and entire hospital and also a trained assassin quite easily....
I'm not making her into a Bourne rather its the show that leading us to believe she is a top assassin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
Kaycee7:
For an mi6 officer, Bill was too careless...
You also forgetting the scene in Bulgaria in season One..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: dozzim(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.