Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3547213 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) (2205) ... (2826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by white3663: 11:12pm On Apr 15, 2022
Please any Japanese series recommendation?
I'm totally hooked on Japanese shit.
No cartoon or anime o.

Korean series recommendation is also welcome

Thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zeeace(m): 11:41pm On Apr 15, 2022
Kaycee7:
What do you find confusing?
the whole season 2 plot. What are the whole kingdom fighting about? The elfs,nilfgard etc. I don't really get. Feel the the series sef is overrated. Looks promising but hold little weight.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:26am On Apr 16, 2022
zeeace:
the whole season 2 plot. What are the whole kingdom fighting about? The elfs,nilfgard etc. I don't really get. Feel the the series sef is overrated. Looks promising but hold little weight.
Well, there's no point explaining you consider overrated.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Percival9(m): 4:56am On Apr 16, 2022
KJtemi:
Any Spanish series recommendation?

My love for Spanish series have grown over the years and I've watched the following; (they are listed from the top according to my favorites);

Vis a Vis(locked up)(couldn't have been better)

Cable girls(would do anything to get one last season)

Money heist(I disliked the ending)

Elite(I thought the last season was disappointing and the latest season wouldn't be any better but i was wrong,it got better..only wish they could stop shipping out the original characters of the series in exchange for new ones,I feel the series should have ended with the original characters or at least most of them)

30 coins

The series involve illuminati
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:27am On Apr 16, 2022
abduleez1:
Hawkeye .....5.5/10

Nothing special. Just basic generic superhero fare. No wow factor or special moments. undecided

only superhero series I've seen that's worthwhile are:

Heroes (if it qualifies as superhero)
The Boys
Umbrella Academy

Peacemaker is okay since it's just about jokes and not much plot
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:30am On Apr 16, 2022
These days it's very hard to find a TV series that keeps me entertained...
Most start with interesting premise then become utter shit...

I think I need to go back and finish Breaking Bad...
I would have finished Peaky Blinders if it actually had a plot...
As it is...it'll be a miracle if I finish it this year
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 8:56am On Apr 16, 2022
Baddestguyp:
only superhero series I've seen that's worthwhile are:

Heroes (if it qualifies as superhero)
The Boys
Umbrella Academy

Peacemaker is okay since it's just about jokes and not much plot
I won't add "heroes" as superhero series tho, dat series is just too great even "heroes reborn" can't murders it

Yeah those other 2 really worth it

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 8:59am On Apr 16, 2022
The most useless MC in the world of series, na him mk me stop this film cheesy

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2022
DieRich5:
The most useless MC in the world of series, na him mk me stop this film cheesy
I also didn't finish the series...
Who knows, maybe he became better
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 9:06am On Apr 16, 2022
abduleez1:
Hawkeye .....5.5/10

Nothing special. Just basic generic superhero fare. No wow factor or special moments. undecided

Now you are beginning to see and understand why i prefer British series to most American series.
Note: i do not hate American series, they have great series and the industry is the biggest In the world ( massive respect to them) however most of their series and movies has majorly superhero fares, there are no wow factors, nothing to challenge an intelligent talking point, no word play, no character development, nothing that gives nostalgic feelings.
Unlike as you said His dark materials which is a British series but you got to see the character development and all.
It is even save to say that America movies are the ones making America to be on top and not their series, unlike other countries like the UK, Europe and south Korea that their series are what are giving them relevancy.
But in general, most America series, be it series or movies are majorly about Being a hero, fights, guns, fighting against an enemy and then repeat again and again.
If you look at it critically almost all America plots are the same, just different characters. What's the difference between hawkey and arrow or flash or wonder woman or batman or spider man?
My brother they are all the same soups but different cooks.
The only thing working for them are the audience, they have huge audience and the media and social media to push their craft around.
But when you watch other series from UK or Spain or south Korea, you see plots that wowed your mind.
For example take a look at the plot from bodyguard to his dark materials then to the gangs of London then to peaky blinders.
Peaky blinders and the gangs of London might be crime series but they are never the Same plot.
Now take a look at Bridgerton and series like the white Queen, the crown, Tudors all series of royalty but different plots.
We all watched Versailles of France, we all saw how interesting the plots and casts are.
We all saw vis-a-vis and the cable girls in Spain, we all saw Wentworth of Australia.
These are series that will forever be loved by all of us.
Do you know 90% of all the series we have all talked about in general in this very thread are not America series?

Now take a look at how we all loved and adored terhan ( Israel series)
All i am saying is that most America series are over hyped.
In general series from UK, Europe and Asia are more better in terms of plots and character development.
Can't you see how animes from Japan are number 1 in the world?
For many years Chinese karate movies were what we watched while growing up from evil cult jetli to drunken master Jackie Chan.
Apart from the military in USA and the music, America is grossly over hyped because they control the media.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:07am On Apr 16, 2022
DieRich5:
I won't add "heroes" as superhero series tho, dat series is just too great even "heroes reborn" can't murders it

Yeah those other 2 really worth it
I didn't bother watching Heroes Reborn

I think the reason it's hard to make good superhero series is the superhero formula is only enjoyable in short span..eg movies...
Making an entire series with different seasons on the superhero formula becomes very boring and repititive

Most superhero media sef lack good writing...the action sequence can cover it up in a 2 hours movie...
But making a series out of it...?
It will be exposed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:12am On Apr 16, 2022
OhBritannia:
Now you are beginning to see and understand why i prefer British series to most American series.
Note: i do not hate American series, they have great series and the industry is the biggest In the world ( massive respect to them) however most of their series and movies has majorly superhero fares, there are no wow factors, nothing to challenge an intelligent talking point, no word play, no character development, no mommy that gives nostalgic feelings.
Unlike as you said the His dark materials which is a British series but you got to see the character development and all.
It is even save to say that America movies are the ones making America to be on top and not their series, unlike other countries like the UK, Europe and south Korea that their series are what are giving them relevancy.
But in general, most America series, be it series or movies are majorly about Being a hero, fights, guns, fighting against an enemy and then repeat again and again.
If you look at it critically almost all America plots are the same, just different characters. What's the difference between hawkey and arrow or flash or wonder woman or batman or spider man?
My brother they are all the same soups but different cooks.
The only thing working for them are the audience, they have huge audience and the media and social media to push their craft around.
But when you watch other series from UK or Spain or south Korea, you see plots that wowed your mind.
For example take a look at the plot from bodyguard to his dark materials then to the gangs of London then to peaky blinders.
Peaky blinders and the gangs of London might be crime series but they are never the Same plot.
Now take a look at Bridgerton and series like the white Queen, the crown, Tudors all series of royalty but different plots.
We all watched Versailles of France, we all saw how interesting the plots and casts are.
We all saw vis-a-vis and the cable girls in Spain, we all saw Wentworth of Australia.
These are series that will forever be loved by all of us.
Do you know 90% of all the series we have all talked about in general in this very thread are not America series?

Now take a look at how we all loved and adored terhan ( Israel series)
All i am saying is that most America series are over hyped.
In general series from UK, Europe and Asia are more better in terms of plots and character development.
Can't you see how animes from Japan are number 1 in the world?
For many years Chinese karate movies were what we watched while growing up from evil cult jetli to drunken master Jackie Chan.
Apart from the military in USA and the music, America is grossly over hyped because they control the media.
I'll agree with you on the point that Hollywood runs on hype...
But there are still great movies and series from Hollywood...
First of all if you wanna get good series just ignore anything superhero except The Boys and Umbrella Academy
There are still lots of trash tho but it's same as every other country

There is a saying that 99% of everything is trash

Anyway I'll emphasize this: ANYONE WHO ONLY WATCHES HOLLYWOOD DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MOVIES OR SERIES...
I CAN NEVER TAKE THEIR OPINION SERIOUSLY
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 9:20am On Apr 16, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I'll agree with you on the point that Hollywood runs on hype...
But there are still great movies and series from Hollywood...
First of all if you wanna get good series just ignore anything superhero except The Boys and Umbrella Academy
There are still lots of trash tho but it's same as every other country

There is a saying that 99% of everything is trash

Anyway I'll emphasize this: ANYONE WHO ONLY WATCHES HOLLYWOOD DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MOVIES OR SERIES...
I CAN NEVER TAKE THEIR OPINION SERIOUSLY
You are right about the Boyz though i haven't seen umbrella academy.
This days I've stepped outside the Hollywood zone and have embraced series from other countries and i am seeing the difference.
The difference is clear, there are some series you don't hear about because they are non American but have a 100% score on rotten tomatoes and 9/10 in Imd. Especially UK and Korea series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jiggaz(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2022
Percival9:
this is the worst ELITE SEASON

4/10

They killed of the main character (Samuel) unnecessary
They are trying to copy euphoria now Pointless season
Alright
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mboii(m): 9:57am On Apr 16, 2022
Achilles100:
Anyone seeing 61st street?

Just wow! I'm enjoying it cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 10:03am On Apr 16, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I also didn't finish the series...
Who knows, maybe he became better
he was never better tho, I knew a guy who finished it back dem and he keep shittin the guy cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Excallibur(m): 11:35am On Apr 16, 2022
Chibudollar:
Mehn this Severance series is dope, still on episode 6 not the usual normal everyday series. Mehn so una dey tell me say even when they removed their memories this people still found a way to turn them old men into gays grin grin walai Hollywood has an agenda..

PS. If you don't like slow series don't bother downloading it
Mehn the ending cliff hanger reach "Jon Snow death" level
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dostr4(m): 11:36am On Apr 16, 2022
OhBritannia:
You are right about the Boyz though i haven't seen umbrella academy.
This days I've stepped outside the Hollywood zone and have embraced series from other countries and i am seeing the difference.
The difference is clear, there are some series you don't hear about because they are non American but have a 100% score on rotten tomatoes and 9/10 in Imd. Especially UK and Korea series
Recommend uk series.. i ve seen bodyguard, gangs of London etc including french series if any
Please not magical not superhero
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Excallibur(m): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2022
Percival9:

Checkout her IG

She's not that curvy in reality

Freema agyeman

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Excallibur(m): 11:47am On Apr 16, 2022
dostr4:

Recommend uk series.. i ve seen bodyguard, gangs of London etc including french series if any
Peaky Blinders?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 11:47am On Apr 16, 2022
dostr4:

For French series, go for Versailles.
You will love it.
For UK go for his dark materials.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 11:55am On Apr 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Some mothers do have them.

Frank Spencer.

Omo you are olllllllld school.

Reminds me of mind your language,allo allo, love thy neighbour etc

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dostr4(m): 11:57am On Apr 16, 2022
Excallibur:
Peaky Blinders?

Done with the peaky
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 11:57am On Apr 16, 2022
Chibudollar:
Umbrella academy cooking

This dude is my fav character in the show. I really enjoyed this series.

It makes sense die.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2022
It's here!!!
Demon Slayer S3 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzU87yWJ0Bc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2022
abduleez1:
It's here!!!
Demon Slayer S3 trailer

these guys will just be flexing all the money they made from the movie on fight scenes

Anyway I'm looking for an anime with incredible plot that I haven't watched before
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2022
abduleez1:
It's here!!!
Demon Slayer S3 trailer

Mitsuri!! Let's fücking GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
Excallibur:
Mehn the ending cliff hanger reach "Jon Snow death" level
that ending was everything mehn, It was like I was fighting against time with them
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
armadeo:

This dude is my fav character in the show. I really enjoyed this series.

It makes sense die.
also my favorite character, please they should end it in this season, he is getting all grown up you know.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cousin9999: 1:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
Gonna watch Cobra with Marsha Thomason (hope it's not wack)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2022
Achilles100:
Outer Range

Trailer looks like Yellowstone meets aliens.

I just hope its not another Roswell.

Josh Brolin isnt it at all. Sub par performance IMO, if it isnt John Dutton(Kevin Costner) of the Yellowstone ranch, it cant be o.

If you're drag for land, at least let it be for a candid reason why you wan it not just cos you want it.

This guy is creating a nasty niche for himself of always doing stupid things that will put everyone in trouble.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
I just started this show
Omo make person pray not to give birth to nonsense o
Psychopath at a young age
It’s a true life story
I wonder how the parents dey feel

(1) (2) (3) ... (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) (2205) ... (2826) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.