Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,565 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3504443 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2022
nonireel:
After seeing the 2 episodes of each, I'd say The Rings of Power trumps House of the Dragon in various departments including dialogue, thrill, talking points, and ingenuity.
Ring of power is monotonous, with everyone having a facial expressions of a cement.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonireel(m): 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
Ring of power is monotonous, with everyone having a facial expressions of a cement.

On the contrary, house of the dragon waddles in monotony with the amateur, predictable storyline; lacking in good content. Only being saved by Rhaenyra.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
GRIMMJOE:

grin

'You have not seen what i have seen' cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2022
nonireel:

On the contrary, house of the dragon waddles in monotony with the amateur, predictable storyline; lacking in good content. Only being saved by Rhaenyra.
Ring of power doesn't have a "wow factor".

I wanted to spoil the show to vex some people, but there's nothing to spoil, nothing to look forward to, it's that bad. angry

Look at House of the Dragon, look at how everyone is upset for the stupid decision the King is making, I sometimes forget I'm watching a TV Show and want flog the edíot on his neck with Tecno USB cord grin

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Faboosuarez(m): 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2022
Iamyemmie:
This surface lady na weyrey o

Just making the good man cry

Lol and d husband get puppy dog eyes and he Sabi cry well well, he's a good actor love him, nk homo tho
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by meobizy(f): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2022
Two a.m. loading…
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by brainhack(m): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
Part 2 - Stone Ocean

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the most unique and most creative Anime ever. I can hardly predict what would happen next.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2022
brainhack:
Part 2 - Stone Ocean

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the most unique and most creative Anime ever. I can hardly predict what would happen next.
I can't wait to watch it mehn...

Can't wait to see Joylne again
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2022
Pantheon - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

If you like mystery, watch Pantheon.
If you like sci-fi, watch Pantheon.
If you like sci-fi mystery, you should definitely be watching Pantheon.

I went into this show nigh blind. Had only the synopsis I read on PsaRips which was part of what piqued my interest along with the cover art.
After the first episode, Pantheon definitely has my full attention. It's already set up a number of questions while doing a decent bit of world building. I am absolutely invested in this show already.

It's a bit of a slow burner but well-paced and with interesting dialogue, so the pilot never felt like a drag throughout the 40-minute runtime.

Definitely looking forward to the next episodes.

P.S: If you can't manage suspense, I'll recommend waiting until it finishes airing to binge.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by crackhaus: 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
On The Rings of Power, who else thinks they're doing too much with casting people of colour on the show? lipsrsealed

Before anyone comes for me and accuses me of being a self-hating black man, try to pause for a minute and understand.

I totally get how casting black actors can be a noble idea considering how racially sensitive the world has become, but when it becomes too much, too unnecessary in some circumstances, and above all TOO obvious, then it starts to look forced & deliberate.

I will try not to make comparisons, but HOTD has done a better job at colour-casting than TROP has done, and it's for this one very obvious reason — HOTD did it without making it look forced.

TROP has us looking at black Elves (really? I thought Elves are known to have pale-skin with distinct colour of eyes), then there are black Dwarves (perhaps this could be overlooked), black Harfoots (not quite sure the purpose of having actors of colour included here).

Even with those characters they called Travellers/Hunters who had less than 2mins of screen time, they still managed to make one of them black. undecided

Indeed it feels too deliberate, too forced... and honestly, once I start seeing that, then the novelty of it wears off and it starts to look patronizing.

Other than that, a good show overall... I am enjoying/will enjoy both HOTD and TROP to the fullest.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2022
Kaycee7:
Pantheon - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

If you like mystery, watch Pantheon.
If you like sci-fi, watch Pantheon.
If you like sci-fi mystery, you should definitely be watching Pantheon.

I went into this show nigh blind. Had only the synopsis I read on PsaRips which was part of what piqued my interest along with the cover art.
After the first episode, Pantheon definitely has my full attention. It's already set up a number of questions while doing a decent bit of world building. I am absolutely invested in this show already.

It's a bit of a slow burner but well-paced and with interesting dialogue, so the pilot never felt like a drag throughout the 40-minute runtime.

Definitely looking forward to the next episodes.

P.S: If you can't manage suspense, I'll recommend waiting until it finishes airing to binge.

Who released this one? Apple TV+ or??
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hope2014(m): 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
Ring of power doesn't have a "wow factor".

I wanted to spoil the show to vex some people, but there's nothing to spoil, nothing to look forward to, it's that bad. angry

Look at House of the Dragon, look at how everyone is upset for the stupid decision the King is making, I sometimes forget I'm watching a TV Show and want flog the edíot on his neck with Tecno USB cord grin

Is episode 3 of house of Dragon out
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
abduleez1:

Who released this one? Apple TV+ or??
AMC+

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hope2014:

Is episode 3 of house of Dragon out
Till 2 AM early in the morning, crab pirates in trouble.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
brainhack:
Part 2 - Stone Ocean

It's not available on animepahe, help with link.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
crackhaus:
On The Rings of Power, who else thinks they're doing too much with casting people of colour in the show? lipsrsealed

Before anyone comes for me and accuses me of being a self-hating black man, try to pause for a minute and understand.

I totally get how casting black actors can be a noble idea considering how racially sensitive the world has become, but when it becomes too much, too unnecessary in some circumstances, and above all TOO obvious, then it starts to look forced & deliberate.

I will try not to make comparisons, but HOTD has done a better job at colour-casting than TROP has done, and it's for this one very obvious reason — HOTD did it without making it look forced.

TROP has us looking at black Elves (really? I thought Elves are known to have pale-skin with distinct colour of eyes), then there are black Dwarves (perhaps this could be overlooked), black Harfoots (not quite sure the purpose of having actors of colour included here).

Even with those characters they called Travellers/Hunters who had less than 2mins of screen time, they still managed to make one of them black. undecided

Indeed it feels too deliberate, too forced... and honestly, once I start seeing that, then the novelty of it wears off and it starts to look patronizing.

Other than that, a good show overall... I am enjoying/will enjoy both HOTD and TROP to the fullest.
That's because TROP tries to be mainstream, HOTD doesn't give a fuçk.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hope2014(m): 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
Till 2 AM early in the morning, crab pirates in trouble.
Why wetin happen?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Frostyzone(m): 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
crackhaus:
On The Rings of Power, who else thinks they're doing too much with casting people of colour in the show? lipsrsealed

Dude you're just a self loathing black man. If all the characters are white, I bet you wouldn't have any problem with it. There's nowhere it's written that elves can only be strictly white, in fact, dark elves exist in many lores. In Scandinavian lore in which LotR is based on, Dark elves are among the oldest known species in existence. Ditto dwarves.

9 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by crackhaus: 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
Frostyzone:

Dude you're just a self loathing black man. If all the characters are white, I bet you wouldn't have any problem with it. There's nowhere it's written that elves can only be strictly white, in fact, dark elves exist in many lores. In Scandinavian lore in which LotR is based on, Dark elves are among the oldest known species in existence. Ditto dwarves.
Firstly, are you sure you have read the works of Tolkien?
You won't claim this if you had, or at least did some reading on how he described Elves.

Secondly, who told you that Dark Elves are referred to as such because of their skin colour?
You never heard of Light Elves, no? I guess these ones should be strictly Caucasian if we go by your logic abi...

Cheers...

8 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by brainhack(m): 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
GRIMMJOE:

I use torrent to download all my media.

You should be able to get it on any active torrent site.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Frostyzone(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
crackhaus:

Firstly, are you sure you have read the works of Tolkien?
You won't claim this if you had, or at least did some reading on how he described Elves.

Secondly, who told you that Dark Elves are referred to as such because of their skin colour?
You never heard of Light Elves, no? I guess these ones should be strictly Caucasian if we go by your logic abi...

Cheers...

First and foremost, Tolkein didn't invent the concept, he merely borrowed from it. As such, elves can be whatever color writers want them to be.

Dark elves in Norse mythology have black skin. In some translation, they are called black elves.

I don't mind seeing white people shit on TRoP on twitter because of the diverse cast but it's embarrassing and damning to come online and see some black people shit on the show for the same reason.

People like you have come to believe wholeheartedly whatever western media feeds you to the extent that you believe that black characters don't belong in medieval fantasies. It's sad to see.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by crackhaus: 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2022
Frostyzone:

First and foremost, Tolkein didn't invent the concept, he merely borrowed from it. As such, dark elves can be whatever color writers want them to be.

Dark elves in Norse mythology have black skin. In some translation, they are called black elves.

I don't mind seeing white people shit on TRoP on twitter because of the diverse cast but it's embarrassing and damning to come online and see some black people shit on the show for the same reason.

People like you have come to believe wholeheartedly whatever western media feeds you to the extent that you believe that black characters don't belong in medieval fantasies. It's sad to see.

Oga go sleep, or read my initial post again to gain complete understanding.

A show which is based off a written material, and you're here claiming the writers can do whatever they want.

How did Tolkien describe Elves in his works? That's what matters...

Don't be silly.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
huh?

Both parts of Stone Ocean are on animepahe

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Frostyzone(m): 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
crackhaus:

Oga go sleep...

Rid yourself of the inferiority complex dogging your path and influencing your mental equilibrium and be proud of your skin color. Be proud that the black race is getting a deserve representation in a great show.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
Baddestguyp:
huh?

Both parts of Stone Ocean are on animepahe
Arigato.

To think, I've been searching for it, yet it was right in front of me.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IbrahimMav: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
So some people are actually review bombing The Rings of Power because they used black actors?
LMAO.
Some people are certified idiots.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NobleStag007: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2022
Anyone seen raised by wolves seasonal movie?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2022
Frostyzone:

Rid yourself of the inferiority complex dogging your path and influencing your mental equilibrium and be proud of your skin color. Be proud that the black race is getting a deserve representation in a great show.

Cheers.
Shame on you for thinking the color of your skin on a tv screen determines your self worth.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2022
NobleStag007:
Anyone seen raised by wolves seasonal movie?
Trash.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2022
crackhaus:

Oga go sleep, or read my initial post again to gain complete understanding.

A show which is based off a written material, and you're here claiming the writers can do whatever they want.

How did Tolkien describe Elves in his works? That's what matters...

Don't be silly.
Ignore that guy, he doesn't even watch Nigerian films, yet they are filled with black actors.

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2022
It is not requisite to adapt a show faithfully to its source materials. Historically, the best adaptations are those that take liberties and deviate slightly from the source. To some extent, Game of Thrones did it.

My point is that TRoP making changes isn't necessarily a bad thing. It is within your rights to object to the changes, but these changes may be important to the plot and may be crucial going forward.

Let us not make snap judgments. It takes time for the best wine to mature. I have no doubt that, given enough time, these changes will begin to grow on everyone, and people will completely forget their initial reservations.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BigBill360: 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.