Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2744) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3518734 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2741) (2742) (2743) (2744) (2745) (2746) (2747) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:22am On Dec 30, 2023
Kaycee7:
So JJK's the latest bandwagon you're on. Noted. Carry on

What exactly is your problem?

So I cannot hype a show I enjoy again? JJK has been great.
And I've been enjoying Gege's writing style.

Some people complain that it's unnecessarily convoluted and hard to follow but for me, I enjoy that he doesn't spoon feed his audience. If you don't understand something, you watch it twice.

His use of subtle imagery to tell his story and develop characters is something I'm beginning to enjoy a lot.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:35am On Dec 30, 2023
Baddestguyp:

What exactly is your problem?

So I cannot hype a show I enjoy again? JJK has been great.
And I've been enjoying Gege's writing style.

Some people complain that it's unnecessarily convoluted and hard to follow but for me, I enjoy that he doesn't spoon feed his audience. If you don't understand something, you watch it twice.

His use of subtle imagery to tell his story and develop characters is something I'm beginning to enjoy a lot.
I just remember a time before S2 aired when you used to classify JJK as averagely written with nothing deep.
Now e don turn advanced calculus for your head.

Like I said, I've taken note. Carry on with your hyping

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:43am On Dec 30, 2023
Kaycee7:
I just remember a time before S2 aired when you used to classify JJK as averagely written with nothing deep.

Smh...
And the writing in season 2 improved it...so what?

The first season was lots of action but season 2 improved everything from a storytelling and writing perspective...

So what exactly is your issue? The Hidden Inventory arc in S2 for example did a lot of character work that made me love the series more...

So what exactly is bad about a show improving and impressing me?

You speak as if someone must hold the exact same impression of a show from the beginning to the end of that show.

Besides I did love JJk season 1...I recommended it here many times before season 2 aired.
And season 2 was a massive improvement over season 1.

Why should I not hype a show that I like?
Same way I will hype AOT to the ends of the Earth... A show you unfortunately cannot understand
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:04am On Dec 30, 2023
Some people tried to convince us that everyone would hate the AOT finale

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 11:13am On Dec 30, 2023
oyaskii:

Sahsiyet (2018)
Taboo (2017)
After Life (2019)
SENSE8 (2015)
Fringe (2008)
Black Mirror ( first 2 seasons)
Six Feet Under (2001)
The IT crowd (2006)
The Night Of (2016)
Broadchurch (2013)
Orphan Black (2013)
The Leftovers (2014)
Veep (2012)
Bates Motel (2013)
House of Cards (First 2 seasons)
The Missing (2016)
Scorpion (2014)
Halt and Catch Fire (2014)
Kingdom (2014)
Utopia (2014)
Borgen (2010)
Gravity falls (2010)
The Man in the High Castle (2015)
Fuada (2015)
Patriot (2015)
Ófærð (2015)
F is for Family (2015)

Thanks alot , seen about 9 on this list, I will check out the rest.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
WriterNig:
🎥 Rebel Moon Part One: A Child of Fire (2023) = 5.9/10 ✔️ ❤️

This We have see a thousand times. Old wine in New skin asides from some visuals I didn't like it at all. No proper character building. Just quick quick introduction.

I even expected the twist from the pilot and wasn't surprised at all.

Stale movie.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blackjack21(m): 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kaycee7:

When the variable is not available, the available becomes the variable.

After all the pressure I have started to download this cartoons (anime ) too, but I dare not take it anywhere near our home entertainment system, I have a rep to keep.
I will watch it in the closet.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PinkNature: 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
blackjack21:

After all the pressure I have started to download this cartoons (anime ) too, but I dare not take it anywhere near our home entertainment system, I have a rep to keep.

It's desirable not variable.

I tried joining the anime fandom, but I got bored after a few watch.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
blackjack21:

Lol...
We are in 2023...
Anime is already mainstream... I've seen people watch a lot in public...

Adults, old people, married couples, people with several kids dey watch anime now...

During Corona, a lot of people who swore never to touch anime joined the anime train.

You'll notice how Hollywood sef have started making a lot of adult animated series of recent when back then the highest they could get were adult comedy using the N word.

As long as you watch the mainstream anime, you're good...not all those ones you won't dare watch in public...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blackjack21(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
PinkNature:

God help us.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Buzzer99: 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
Out NOW

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blackjack21(m): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Lol...
We are in 2023...
Anime is already mainstream... I've seen people watch a lot in public...

Adults, old people, married couples, people with several kids dey watch anime now...

During Corona, a lot of people who swore never to touch anime joined the anime train.

You'll notice how Hollywood sef have started making a lot of adult animated series of recent when back then the highest they could get were adult comedy using the N word.

As long as you watch the mainstream anime, you're good...not all those ones you won't dare watch in public...

Which one you go recommend for me?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
blackjack21:

Which one you go recommend for me?

You are already downloading Attack on Titan right? From that screenshot

So, others are:

Death Note
Jujutsu Kaisen
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Chainsawman
Hunter X Hunter 2011
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2023
PinkNature:

Which show did you try?

I started anime back around 2011/2012...I used to hate anime before

Naruto was my first watch...I started from season 4 lol...
I fell in love with it...

From there I watched Bleach, Ruruoini Kenshin, Gintama, Fairy Tail....all the long anime.

Later on Sword Art Online and then Attack on Titan in 2013...
Then Death Note...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PinkNature: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Which show did you try?

I started anime back around 2011/2012...I used to hate anime before

Naruto was my first watch...I started from season 4 lol...
I fell in love with it...

From there I watched Bleach, Ruruoini Kenshin, Gintama, Fairy Tail....all the long anime.

Later on Sword Art Online and then Attack on Titan in 2013...
Then Death Note...

I literally watched one of the best anime of 2023, I've forgotten the name but the main guy was (Kamado Tanjiro). But lost interest after six episodes. Trust me, I enjoyed the episodes I watched, but I just got tired of it.

I can watch an anime movie and totally enjoy it.. but I can never cope with anime series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
PinkNature:

I literally watched one of the best anime of 2023, I've forgotten the name but the main guy was (Kamado Tanjiro). But lost interest after six episodes. Trust me, I enjoyed the episodes I watched, but I just got tired of it.

I can watch an anime movie and totally enjoy it.. but I can never cope with anime series.

You watched Demon Slayer and called it one of the best anime of 2023? grin grin

Bro Demon Slayer no really get story...it's just fighting and animation quality lol

And the characters are awful...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PinkNature: 9:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
Baddestguyp:

You watched Demon Slayer and called it one of the best anime of 2023? grin grin

Bro Demon Slayer no really get story...it's just fighting and animation quality lol

And the characters are awful...

It isn't among the best? In my mind, I actually thought it's the best anime has to offer in 2023. Because of the hype and all from friends.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2023
PinkNature:

It isn't among the best? In my mind, I actually thought it's the best anime has to offer in 2023. Because of the hype and all from friends.

You don see any of us hype Demon Slayer here?
It's mid storywise...

It just has very good animation...many of us still follow it tho...
But it's nowhere near the best anime of 2023...

Back then, when Demon Slayer first released S1, it took me 3 attempts before I could even finish season 1...so it's no surprise Demon Slayer won't hook a newbie

My top 3 anime that released seasons this year are:

Attack on Titan
Vinland Saga
Jujutsu Kaisen

And there are many many other great anime shows out there...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blackjack21(m): 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
Baddestguyp:

You are already downloading Attack on Titan right? From that screenshot

So, others are:

Death Note
Jujutsu Kaisen
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Chainsawman
Hunter X Hunter 2011

Yes I'm. Watching it already. Trying really hard to ignore the cartoonish stuffs but, story is well told, keeps me wanting more.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
blackjack21:

Yes I'm. Watching it already. Trying really hard to ignore the cartoonish stuffs but, story is well told, keeps me wanting more.

All I'll say is don't Google anything related to Attack on Titan until you've finished the show...spoilers boku..

And till you see "to be continued", the episode hasn't ended...
There are post-credits scenes in some episodes especially around S3 and S4

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 12:54am On Dec 31, 2023
Murder is Easy.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tboy2050: 8:48am On Dec 31, 2023
Buzzer99:
Out NOW

Berlin..... No one is talking about this now.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2023
Seems you guys aren't really interested in POWER BOOK 3. Nobody seems to be talking about it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LooneyLester: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
Chibudollar:
Seems you guys aren't really interested in POWER BOOK 3. Nobody seems to be talking about it.

It's a nonsense series

Power was more interesting

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2023
🎥 How To Have Sex (2023) = 5.6/10 ✔️

Pointless Movie.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GrimValor(m): 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Jujutsu Kaisen season 2 finale.

Wow... incredible direction. Had to watch the episode twice to get it all in.

Fake Geto's dialogue is always kinda hard to understand. Mostly because he's at least a thousand years old so the way he speaks is different.

And Yuta 🔥🔥🔥

But the Jujutsu council are cràzy...they used this chance to take care of Gojo and his students cos of their issues with him.

For those who are wondering, Toge Inumaki lost his arm when Sukuna used his domain expansion.

Btw who else noticed the Neon Genesis Evangelion reference when Yuta was speaking to the Jujutsu council.
It looked like SEELE from Neon Genesis Evangelion

Now I believe Mei Mei made the right choice by absconding from Japan and selling all her shares. Japan and Tokyo especially is fûcked. Fake Geto is bringing back the Heian era to present day.

By having a thousand people act as vessels for ancient cursed spirits and sorcerers...since most people are not like Itadori Yuji, these ancient people will take over their vessels.

🥱SMH....When some over glorified support character who is always inconspicuously absent whenever big sh*t is going down.

Only to show up for all of 2 minutes and starts mouthing off about killing the current vessel of the most powerful character in his universe, like he is talking about some dumb low level curse scurrying about in dark alleys. What a joke 😒
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2023
GrimValor:
🤦‍♂️SMH....When some over glorified support character who is always inconspicuously absent whenever big sh*t is going down.

Only to show up for all of 2 minutes and starts mouthing off about killing the current vessel of the most powerful character in his universe, like he is talking about some dumb low level curse scurrying about in dark alleys. What a joke 😒

Yuta has been absent throughout the series. He's been in Africa training since the movie which occured a year before JJK season 1.

I believe he was called back only because of the Shibuya event. He's not the only one I believe. Hakari who was also mentioned and hyped since season 1 has also been absent.

Apart from Shibuya, what other major event that rocked the Jujutsu world has happened? The last major event was the event that occured in the movie. So why would Yuta be called before??

Yuta is Special Grade and one of the strongest characters in the universe. He defeated Geto who was also Special Grade...and Yuta has been training since and is even way stronger now.

Itadori is not on Yuta's level at all...
Even Mahito was probably not on Yuta's level...

Yuta has never met Itadori but he knows Itadori is a small fry to him...
Only Sukuna is a threat...not Itadori
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
6 / 10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2023
nani667:
6 / 10
How do you watch this mid?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2023
Jujutsu Kaisen season 1 rewatch

This was way better than I remembered. So much was really set up in this first season that pays off in the second season.

A lot of the lore, world, power system...

Nobara was even stronger than I remembered. I'm glad she got the win against one of those Death Paintings.

After rewatching season 1, I can say that Nobara's relationship with Itadori and Megumi was great. The problem is that they didn't spend much time together in season 2 and S1 aired since 2020 so that's why it was kinda hard for some people to be as attached to Nobara as much...

Fake Geto is so sleek. The way he plans everything. You could tell from S1 he was playing 4D chess...

Man Season 2 Shibuya arc is so depressing after S1. Even in life or death moments, S1 still kept this hype mood...
S2 was just heartbreak after heartbreak. The good guys kept losing in S2...them no see single win

They deceived us with wins in Season 1.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 100naira(m): 12:10am On Jan 01
Happy new year people

(1) (2) (3) ... (2741) (2742) (2743) (2744) (2745) (2746) (2747) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.