Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3521651 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bobbybube(m): 12:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
cao:

You do know Daredevil is a comic book character, right? Talking about realistic. Next thing, you'll tell us that Luke Cage's impenetrable skin is not realistic and that mutants of the X-Men universe are also not realistic. Of course, they're not, Captain Obvious. That's why you're supposed to suspend your disbelief.
I'm not opposed to superpowers or enhanced abilities. But if u want to step up from a comic to a show... pay a keen eye to details that's all.
Super man flies and is super strong yet he has his kryptonite.The fact that he is blind should play a limiting factor. What is the use of this blindness if in essence he sees.
I'd have been happier if he had super enhanced senses( hearing, smell etc) but yet a valid kryptonite. Or better still he can see poorly when he steadys his body or even see have a vivid mind that can detect forms, shape and size.
These shows are basically fiction but that doesn't mean that the producers shouldn't care to give us viewers cogent explanations.

Twd says a virus was released into the world.
wayward pines said humans were hibernated.
spiderman was bitten by a spider.
Even Ben10 found a mysterious alien watch.
I get that he gained superpowers that made him fast and sensitive but how does daredevil know the position of a trash can at least ten storeys below.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
Bobbybube:

I'm not opposed to superpowers or enhanced abilities. But if u want to step up from a comic to a show... pay a keen eye to details that's all.
Super man flies and is super strong yet he has his kryptonite.The fact that he is blind should play a limiting factor. What is the use of this blindness if in essence he sees.
I'd have been happier if he had super enhanced senses( hearing, smell etc) but yet a valid kryptonite. Or better still he can see poorly when he steadys his body or even see have a vivid mind that can detect forms, shape and size.
These shows are basically fiction but that doesn't mean that the producers shouldn't care to give us viewers cogent explanations.

I get that he gained superpowers that made him fast and sensitive but how does daredevil know the position of a trash can at least ten storeys below.
You apparently didn't pay attention at all, you answered your own question. His senses are extremely heightened, this in turn gives him 'vision', basically sonar. In fact, Matt actually mentioned he sees the "world on fire", which they actually showed us in the series. So, you only have yourself to blame for not paying attention.

Oh, and his weakness? Matt is not invincible. Sure, he can take one hell of a beating, but make no mistake, he can be killed.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by KOLZY(m): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
Bobbybube:

I think he "Not seeing clearing" or "partially blind" and his training according to the story made him very observant about a lot of things. from sounds to smells
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yea I really loved the camera slowing and and fasting part in Spartacus,coupled with the way blood spills from the bodies as they were either being butchered,severed or cut. Really fascinating. However I think GOT has tried to maintain the tempo for 6 seasons. yea the dialogues seem laboured at times I agree,but kudos to the writers,they really upped the ante in season 6

PS: Will the real Lord Baelish rise up to be counted next season? M getting tired of his "long game" jor… people don' dey mobilise themselves for the Great War… Jon Snow, Arya Stark,Theon Greyjoy even Danarys sef
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
Darey00:
Yea I really loved the camera slowing and and fasting part in Spartacus,coupled with the way blood spills from the bodies as they were either being butchered,severed or cut. Really fascinating. However I think GOT has tried to maintain the tempo for 6 seasons. yea the dialogues seem laboured at times I agree,but kudos to the writers,they really upped the ante in season 6

PS: Will the real Lord Baelish rise up to be counted next season? M getting tired of his "long game" jor… people don' dey mobilise themselves for the Great War… Jon Snow, Arya Stark,Theon Greyjoy even Danarys sef
You laughed when he said this right? grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ipledge10(m): 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
I am about to watch the last 3 episodes of the vampire diaries
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
bykebyke:

You laughed when he said this right? grin grin
grin grin grin

ode man. ".. with you by my side"
He even wan use that in lying mouth to kiss my Sansa.. if na me I for tear am better hot slap hehe grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hakeemlyon: 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
Greenleaf.... This has to be one of my favorite shows this year.. Nothing like an amazing all black cast with an added bonus of oprah Winfrey... Greenleaf follows the unscrupulous world of the Greenleaf family with scandalous secrets and lies, and their sprawling Memphis megachurch with predominantly African-American members....

1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Can it be called Seppuku if a woman does it? grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
Dark Matter.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 11:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
Killjoys.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hyzicbond(m): 11:47pm On Jul 16, 2016
Bratking:

my top 3 are..

1. breaking bad
2. the wire
3. sopranos

the rest of the top 10:

4. the shield
5. oz
6. 24
7. prison break
8. masters of horror
9. veep
10. Newsroom

top 20

11. ray donovan
12. alias
13. the unit
14. the leftovers
15. strike back
16. the walking dead
17. hannibal
18. the office(us)
19. the Americans
20. fargo

top 30

21. true detective(season 1)
22. narcos
23. the mentalist
24. fringe
25. american horror story
26. penny dreadful
27. true blood
28. desperate housewives
29. banshee(season 1-3)
30. wentworth

top 40

31. vikings
32. suits
33. better call saul
34. person of interests
35. house of cards(us) (season 1&2)
36. hustle
37. elementary
38. kingdom
39. masters of sex
40. sherlock

top 50

41. supernatural(season 1-8 )
42. the blacklist
43. halt and catch fire
44. covert affairs
45. the sanctuary
46. house of lies
47. daredevil
48. game of thrones
49. orange is the new black (season 1&2)
50. rescue me

nice list up there here's mine

Top 10

Lost
The wire
Prison Break
Alias
Oz
Person of Interest
The walking dead
Rome
Homeland

Top 20

House of card (uk)
The killing
Game of throne
House of card (us)
American horror story
The Americans
The blacklist
Damage
Bate motels
Penny dreadful

Top 30

Suits
Vikings
Ray Donovan
Banshee
Strike back
True Blood
Breaking bad
How I met your mother
Shameless
Grey’s anatomy.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 11:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
Please I need tv shows recommendation similar to "HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER. I love twisted plots. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by manniex: 10:22am On Jul 17, 2016
Hand Of God, exciting and suspenseful
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bobbybube(m): 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
cao:

You apparently didn't pay attention at all, you answered your own question. His senses are extremely heightened, this in turn gives him 'vision', basically sonar. In fact, Matt actually mentioned he sees the "world on fire", which they actually showed us in the series. So, you only have yourself to blame for not paying attention.

Oh, and his weakness? Matt is not invincible. Sure, he can take one hell of a beating, but make no mistake, he can be killed.
I didn't read the comic and I've watched only season 1. I didn't take notice of where they said he has radar sense or sonar vision.
Perhaps, your right and I didn't pay attention.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
shocked shocked shocked

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by canho: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2016
**in dbanjs voice** Its netflix again! grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2016
wink wink wink

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
grin grin...............binge mode activated.
thriller+drama+horror+comedy= a combo made in TV show heaven... grin
........and i absolutely love the theme song...like a cross between the Dr who and hammer house of horror theme songs... grin

1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Decale: 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
lymelyte:
Please I need tv shows recommendation similar to "HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER. I love twisted plots. Thanks

You like How to Get Away With Murder? Or is there a U.K.version I don't know about? sad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
Decale:

You like How to Get Away With Murder? Or is there a U.K.version I don't know about? sad
of course I do. If you are patient enough, you will enjoy the movie too.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Decale: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
lymelyte:
of course I do. If you are patient enough, you will enjoy the movie too.

Finished both seasons. The last season felt like my CSF was leaking through my skull. sad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
stranger things

the series okay, nothing I haven't seen before. reminds me a bit of x-files tho. 3 episodes gone and I'm yet to get into it. add to that..too many kids playing major roles mehn. jeez angry

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
Decale:

Finished both seasons. The last season felt like my CSF was leaking through my skull. sad
what is csf? If htgawm isn't intriguing to you then what TV shows fascinate you?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
hyzicbond:

nice list up there here's mine

Top 10

Lost
The wire
Prison Break
Alias
Oz
Person of Interest
The walking dead
Rome
Homeland

Top 20

House of card (uk)
The killing
Game of throne
House of card (us)
American horror story
The Americans
The blacklist
Damage
Bate motels
Penny dreadful

Top 30

Suits
Vikings
Ray Donovan
Banshee
Strike back
True Blood
Breaking bad
How I met your mother
Shameless
Grey’s anatomy.....

mehn your list is making me have a serious rethink on mine o. wow cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Decale: 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
lymelyte:
what is csf? If htgawm isn't intriguing to you then what TV shows fascinate you?

The only good thing about that series is the talent of Viola Davis.

It's Shonda Rhimes, she writes that way creating fictional cliffhangers for the youth to masturbäte over. Too many plot twists reveal the very hidden plot holes. I just watched the second season to see if she'll get it right, she did worse than Scandal

You doubt me? Wait till the 4th season and you'll see that the series has lost its plot
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2016
Decale:

The only good thing about that series is the talent of Viola Davis.

It's Shonda Rhimes, she writes that way creating fictional cliffhangers for the youth to masturbäte over. Too many plot twists reveal the very hidden plot holes. I just watched the second season to see if she'll get it right, she did worse than Scandal

You doubt me? Wait till the 4th season and you'll see that the series has lost its plot
ok I have heard you. So what recommendations do you have for me?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hakeemlyon: 4:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
Bratking:
stranger things

the series okay, nothing I haven't seen before. reminds me a bit of x-files tho. 3 episodes gone and I'm yet to get into it. add to that..too many kids playing major roles mehn. jeez angry

on episode 5 and am still waiting to understand what's going on... Nothing special about the show.. I'll just force myself and get to the end.. Thank God its only 8 episodes...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 4:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
Bratking:
stranger things

O boy....be prepared to quarrel with me on this thread o!!!!! angry angry angry grin

what exactly are you waiting to "get into"? breaking bad didnt really kick in till season 2 or is it 3 and it turned out to be one of the greatest TV shows in recent times.

dont know about you but 9.3/10 imdb rating must mean something dont you think? in a period with crappy tv shows left right and center

brother,leave matter...this show is solid.....RELATIVE.....

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
Bratking:
stranger things

when I read d premise of d series,thats just what I felt,I've seen a story like that,had a bit of xfiles and grace point....so I think I'd continue with Wentworth then if peeps here give a good review,then I'd download it..but since its Netflix it might b special..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
dubylhover:

when I read d premise of d series,thats just what I felt,I've seen a story like that,had a bit of xfiles and grace point....so I think I'd continue with Wentworth then if peeps here give a good review,then I'd download it..but since its Netflix it might b special..

Paddyman download and watch.......we ll come back to this thread to "trade notes"........

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Cypherhendrix(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.