Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3520732 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
phantom:

Paddyman download and watch.......we ll come back to this thread to "trade notes"........

hehehe...i always take one series at a time and I'm watching Wentworth now,so when I finish I'd start stranger things,let me place it on downloads so tomorrow at work id download..d series do dey ok sha
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
phantom:

O boy....be prepared to quarrel with me on this thread o!!!!! angry angry angry grin

what exactly are you waiting to "get into"? breaking bad didnt really kick in till season 2 or is it 3 and it turned out to be one of the greatest TV shows in recent times.

what?? did I read correctly? what did you mean by season 2? breaking bad from episode 1 to the season finale is a thriller. I was hooked on the show right from the get-go and didn't take a breather till it concluded five years later. don't even equate bb with this new faux horror series that's still wet behind the ears abeg. thank the stars it has only 8 episodes. I don't think I would have endured a rigorous 12-13 episodes that's atypical of netflix original series.

phantom:

dont know about you but 9.3/10 imdb rating must mean something dont you think? in a period with crappy tv shows left right and center

brother,leave matter...this show is solid.....RELATIVE.....

please please please stop putting much stock on internet ratings. every series has a niche. a fan base that adores it no matter how sucky it is. vampire diaries has a tremendous fan base and naturally is rated quite highly by it's adoring fans on imdb. the same scenerio is repeated on quantico and a host of other crappy series. imdb ratings don't mean shiit man.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kennykg(m): 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
grin am so happy power n ballerz airs today grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
hakeemlyon:
on episode 5 and am still waiting to understand what's going on... Nothing special about the show.. I'll just force myself and get to the end.. Thank God its only 8 episodes...

concurred at the bolded. nothing special jare.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
dubylhover:

when I read d premise of d series,thats just what I felt,I've seen a story like that,had a bit of xfiles and grace point....so I think I'd continue with Wentworth then if peeps here give a good review,then I'd download it..but since its Netflix it might b special..

tastes are subjective. don't assume that because someone hate a show that you would too. doesn't always work that way. just wrap up Wentworth and give it a go, who knows, you might join it's growing fan throng like phantom here.

but don't make the mistake of thinking it's special just because it's netflix's. netflix are not immune to misfires if hemlock grove and Marseilles were to be taken into account.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2016
Brat king......Breaking Bad was so freakishly slow and built up gradually.
Infact,Nairalanders on this thread we encouraged to start watching almost gave up after particularly the first season .
We kept on pushing and promising them to stick with it till the end. Many can bear me witness here.

Yes, ratings are overrated( no pun intended).....
But imdb?? Nope! I don't think this lies on the fans(may be wrong though)
Almost every TV show today can be likened to some other earlier show(for instance, before suits,there was Boston legal).... no issues there.
I'm not saying stranger things is exceptional. Nope,far from it BUT it is indeed far better than the average TV shows we have today.......
.........but hey,what do I know right? wink
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Decale: 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
lymelyte:
ok I have heard you. So what recommendations do you have for me?

Hey, don't ask me. I don't do twisted plots
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2016
phantom:
Brat king......Breaking Bad was so freakishly slow and built up gradually.
Infact,Nairalanders on this thread we encouraged to start watching almost gave up after particularly the first season .
We kept on pushing and promising them to stick with it till the end. Many can bear me witness here.
do you know why breaking bad is widely regarded as one the best tv series of the 21st century? there wasn't an off moment..every episode is platinum. to some people, yes, it started off slow(it's a slow burner after all), but to the real faithfuls like myself, bb maintained the same rhythm from season 1 to the first half of season 5..and I love every minute of it. never a dull moment.

phantom:

Yes, ratings are overrated( no pun intended).....
But imdb?? Nope! I don't think this lies on the fans(may be wrong though)
you're certainly wrong. television fans and professional critics alike contribute to the ratings on imdb. you want real professional ratings, then check out rotten tomatoes and metacritic. even those sometimes give questionable ratings at times. it's always better to make your own decision instead of letting popular opinion seduce you.

phantom:

Almost every TV show today can be likened to some other earlier show(for instance, before suits,there was Boston legal).... no issues there.
ermmm..I don't think so. suits is nothing like boston legal. suits is a legal drama while boston legal is a legal drama/comedy. you would have said "damages". now that one is more like suits.

phantom:

I'm not saying stranger things is exceptional. Nope,far from it BUT it is indeed far better than the average TV shows we have today.
define average.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2016
Bratking:

tastes are subjective. don't assume that because someone hate a show that you would too. doesn't always work that way. just wrap up Wentworth and give it a go, who knows, you might join it's growing fan throng like phantom here.

but don't make the mistake of thinking it's special just because it's netflix's. netflix are not immune to misfires if hemlock grove and Marseilles were to be taken into account.

yea i knw..ive lined up peaky blinders after wentworth
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Boring: 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
Bratking:

do you know why breaking bad is widely regarded as one the best tv series of the 21st century? there wasn't an off moment..every episode is platinum. to some people, yes, it started off slow(it's a slow burner after all), but to the real faithfuls like myself, bb maintained the same rhythm from season 1 to the first half of season 5..and I love every minute of it. never a dull moment...

have to disagree with that...
The best tv nah bruh, that has to be The Wire, the writing, acting, pacing, everything episode was a hit back to back..The wire menh.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
Boring:

have to disagree with that...
The best tv nah bruh, that has to be The Wire, the writing, acting, pacing, everything episode was a hit back to back..The wire menh.

bruv you didn't have to disagree with me on bb to point that out. there's room enough for both in the top podium. it's not like it's a competition or anything..

and I would have you know that the wire has an off season in season 5 whilst bb didn't have any off season at all. all the same the 2 series rock.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
dubylhover:

yea i knw..ive lined up peaky blinders after wentworth
peaky blinders is another solid show..good choice cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2016
Decale:

Hey, don't ask me. I don't do twisted plots
did i ever ask you to quote me? If you don't have answers to questions, then keep your mouth shut.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Boring: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2016
lymelyte:
did i ever ask you to quote me? If you don't have answers to questions, then keep your mouth shut.
no need for the insult man....freedom of speech...is a free world init.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
dubylhover:

hehehe...I always take one series at a time and I'm watching Wentworth now,so when I finish I'd start stranger things,let me place it on downloads so tomorrow at work id download..d series do dey ok sha
Honestly wonder how people do the emboldened.

Taking one series at a time,something I have tried to do but never pull off.

How can I keep eating Yam and Stew in a day and not switch to Bread and Beans at some point?grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Boring: 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
Bratking:

bruv you didn't have to disagree with me on bb to point that out. there's room enough for both in the top podium. it's not a competition..they don't even belong to the same genre..

and I would have you know that the wire has an off season in season 5 whilst bb didn't have any off season at all. all the same the 2 series rock.
true..both of dem have dia OMG moment...grt shows...

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
bykebyke:

Honestly wonder how people do the emboldened.

Taking one series at a time,something I have tried to do but never pull off.

How can I keep eating Yam and Stew in a day and not switch to Bread and Beans at some point?grin grin grin

lol..i usually download episodes that come up weekly and catch up..but if i have like 3 series that have more than one season,then id definitely take it one by one
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bekas(m): 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
Everything starts ridiculously high, it takes like six months for IMDb ratings to fall into line with reality.
People either give a 10 or 1 and rarely anything in the middle.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
Who talk say Breaking Bad was thrilling from the get go? Which get go? BB started picking up from Season 2 and it was when Gustavo Frings was introduced d series got a direction.. and that is the truth.

I think the only series that is universally acclaimed will be 24,I'm yet go hear a bad word about the show. Pity I'm yet to watch it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RaeMystix: 5:26am On Jul 18, 2016
BALLERS SEASON 2 just premiered tonight. #LUV#.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mizzzbeee(f): 6:40am On Jul 18, 2016
Darey00:
Who talk say Breaking Bad was thrilling from the get go? Which get go? BB started picking up from Season 2 and it was when Gustavo Frings was introduced d series got a direction.. and that is the truth.

I think the only series that is universally acclaimed will be 24,I'm yet go hear a bad word about the show. Pity I'm yet to watch it
prison break?

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2016
Darey00:
listen bruv, just because bb didn't grab you from the beginning doesn't mean it's the same way with everyone else, okay? for example I hate quantito but there are some that will swear up and down that it's one of the best series on television right now. people's taste and general response to television & movies differ. some would watch series like bloodline & the leftovers and tag it "too slow" and "dour" after watching some part of it whilst others would tag them "electric" & "compelling" after watching every episode. that's just the way things are.

on bb, the amc drama is universally acclaimed..at least to the right people. you won't find a single bad review in rotten tomatoes and metacric and currently holds the number spot on all top movie/television review websites. the first season garnered a lot of nominations and ended up winning several. the 2nd season upped the ante even further and it was a full sail from then onwards. when the series finally ended 5 years later, it comes at no surprise that it's has accumulated 16 emmy wins in total(the highest in the history of emmy awards for a single drama), 12 Saturn awards win(the highest for single drama in the history of saturn awards), 7 golden globe wins plus numerous other less prestigious awards.

Darey00:

okay the bolded explains a lot. you haven't watched a lot of series, have you? I guess not.

fyi, 24 is anything but universally acclaimed. some regions like the middle east despised the series to the present day. for something to be certified universally acclaimed, every region in the planet must have gushed over it. BB achieved that easily enough in it's 5 year run. sopranos, the wire,prison break, and oz all did too. even desperate housewives was more well received in some regions than 24. that said, there are lots of universally acclaimed television series in the planet today, some aired even before my time while some are still airing.

24 made it's mark but it isn't universally acclaimed..no spy, counter terrorism themed television series has ever made the cut to the best of my knowledge.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 9:13am On Jul 18, 2016
I saw this quiz on a cable channel this morning. let's see who else can successfully attempt the quiz.

the quiz
what do "southland", "the leftovers" and "American crime" have in common?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 9:18am On Jul 18, 2016
Bratking:

listen bruv, just because bb didn't grab you from the beginning doesn't mean it's the same way with everyone else, okay? for example I hate quantito but there are some that will swear up and down that it's one of the best series on television right now. people's taste and general response to television & movies differ. some would watch series like bloodline & the leftovers and tag it "too slow" and "dour" after watching some part of it whilst others would tag them "electric" & "compelling" after watching every episode. that's just the way things are.

on bb, the amc drama is universally acclaimed..at least to the right people. you won't find a single bad review in rotten tomatoes and metacric and currently holds the number spot on all top movie/television review websites. the first season garnered a lot of nominations and ended up winning several. the 2nd season upped the ante even further and it was a full sail from then onwards. when the series finally ended 5 years later, it comes at no surprise that it's has accumulated 16 emmy wins in total(the highest in the history of emmy awards for a single drama), 12 Saturn awards win(the highest for single drama in the history of saturn awards), 7 golden globe wins plus numerous other less prestigious awards.

okay the bolded explains a lot. you haven't watched a lot of series, have you? I guess not.

fyi, 24 is anything but universally acclaimed. some regions like the middle east despised the series to the present day. for something to be certified universally acclaimed, every region in the planet must have gushed over it. BB achieved that easily enough in it's 5 year run. sopranos, the wire,prison break, and oz all did too. even desperate housewives was more well received in some regions than 24. that said, there are lots of universally acclaimed television series in the planet today, some aired even before my time while some are still airing.

24 made it's mark but it isn't universally acclaimed..no spy, counter terrorism themed television series has ever made the cut to the best of my knowledge.

I don't have time for a back and forth. Game of thrones has already won 26 Emmys and 2 Saturns,doesn't mean that the whole world is cooing over it. Just accept that not everybody would love BB the way u think they will. Don't get me wrong,I am fan. But the truth must be told

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 9:29am On Jul 18, 2016
Darey00:

I don't have time for a back and forth. Game of thrones has already won 26 Emmys and 2 Saturns,doesn't mean that the whole world is cooing over it. Just accept that not everybody would love BB the way u think they will. Don't get me wrong,I am fan. But the truth must be told

lolol..what truth? by saying that season 1 of bb sucks or that 24 is universally acclaimed?? I don't think you know the meaning of that word bruv. you're only voicing out your opinion which I have no problem with, but don't make the mistake of confusing it as the truth.

yes got may have surpassed the record set by bb in emmy wins within the past 2 years but that doesn't in any way take anything from the amc drama. bb retains it's number one spot in all top review websites across all English speaking countries. now that's the truth.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 18, 2016
Bratking:
I saw this quiz on a cable channel this morning. let's see who else can successfully attempt the quiz.

the quiz

attempt this question successfully and win a #500 recharge card to all network(exclusive only to nigerians).

Regina King is in all three.

Should I send my number? grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2016
bykebyke:
Regina King is in all three.
Should I send my number? grin
damn! so soon? fu¢k you!! grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 18, 2016
Bratking:

damn! so soon? fu¢k you!! grin grin grin
grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2016
Breaking bad season 1 was as slow/ boring as f*ck, but was interesting to watch, i almost got discouraged but kept going on well thank God i didnt ... 24 started off with a BANG!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 10:06am On Jul 18, 2016
Bratking:

lolol..what truth? by saying that season 1 of bb sucks or that 24 is universally acclaimed?? I don't think you know the meaning of that word bruv. you're only voicing out your opinion which I have no problem with, but don't make the mistake of confusing it as the truth.

yes got may have surpassed the record set by bb in emmy wins within the past 2 years but that doesn't in any way take anything from the amc drama. bb retains it's number one spot in all top review websites across all English speaking countries. now that's the truth.

I was only using GOT in manner of speaking. Just cos it won a truck of awards doesn't make everybody say its the best. I bet u would see many people who get bored by Modern family,even with its yearly wins. Not everybody will love BB the way u do,and that is the truth

DISCLAIMER: I did love BB,all am trying to say is u can't shove down awards and nominations down people's throats. If they don't think a show is fantastic to them,leave them be. Its a matter of taste. GOT is followed by celebrities,its almost now a cult thing but there are people that dont see what the fuss is all about. Variety is the spice of life bro

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 10:29am On Jul 18, 2016
Darey00:

I was only using GOT in manner of speaking. Just cos it won a truck of awards doesn't make everybody say its the best. I bet u would see many people who get bored by Modern family,even with its yearly wins. Not everybody will love BB the way u do,and that is the truth

DISCLAIMER: I did love BB,all am trying to say is u can't shove down awards and nominations down people's throats. If they don't think a show is fantastic to them,leave them be. Its a matter of taste. GOT is followed by celebrities,its almost now a cult thing but there are people that dont see what the fuss is all about. Variety is the spice of life bro

okay let's rewind a bit. I said something about bb never having an off episode(which was a statement of fact btw). now I wasn't forcing it down other's throat..just a response to phantom earlier comment about bb not picking up till the season 3. then you swooped in with your opinion that I was wrong, that the wire should be the one with the-never-off episode. in that scenario, you were trying to force your opinion on me not minding how wrong you were(the wire had an off season 5) and I told you as much. you agreed and the matter was laid to rest.

then you came at me again by blatantly disagreeing with me on bb yet again. you were still trying to enforce your opinion on me and of course I resisted.
this time you echoed what phantom said earlier. again I went on to reiterate that bb remains the number one tv series on top review sites(another fact).

so in all this, I'm not the one trying ty shove their questionable opinion on others, that would be you bruv.

at the end of the day, you ended up arguing on my side anyway that taste is indeed subjective. I think you're confused.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:29am On Jul 18, 2016
Bratking:

the quiz

They are all shitty grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: ballerG(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.