Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3513621 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (2817) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ladej(m): 1:16am On Jan 23, 2018
koice:

Exactly. The show tells it as it is. It doesn't romanticize crime at all. Gomorrah want us to know how BAD it really is to be part of an organized crime. Action have consequences.

For instance, in Sopranos, Tony never died, did he? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't... doesn't matter. What's more important is the fact that nobody in his family died, right? That's romanticizing crime. Crime shows like Breaking Bad and Sopranos want you to believe that it's okay to commit a crime so long as your heart is in the right place. Bla bla bla...

By contrast, Gomorrah, wants you to stop fantasizing crap and face the reality. Talk sh*t, get bang. You f**k up? Your family pays for it. Want to screw over a drug kingpin? Your child dies... Don't get an illusion that since they are the bad guys and you're only doing it for your family that everything's gonna work out for them (your family) at last, because, certainly, your family or people close to you are going to be the ones that would pay for your crimes. Gomorrah is real life depiction of organized crime at any level at it's finest.

At the emboldened, maybe, it has something to do with the fact that the Camorra Mafia isn't as centralized as the infamous Sicilian Mafia. Thus, it makes it more difficult to combat personal interest & enforce family values.
I had to comment

On breaking bad

Walt got killed

Jessie was wrecked

Jessie babe died

Skyler was a wreck

Walt brother in law died

No romanticism there
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drmuchin: 2:41am On Jan 23, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]
I really need a working link to download these tv series;BRITANNIA, CHAIN OF COMMAND.
THANKS
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RaeMystix: 3:14am On Jan 23, 2018
The Resident......Looks promising

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 4:05am On Jan 23, 2018
Lucifer.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by seyoops4u: 8:56am On Jan 23, 2018
Industreet Season 2 on SceneOne TV App ... It's intriguing and entertaining

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 23, 2018
ladej:
I had to comment

On breaking bad

Walt got killed

Jessie was wrecked

Jessie babe died

Skyler was a wreck

Walt brother in law died

No romanticism there

You completely missed the point I was trying to make. I will try to elaborate further on this.

Did Walter pay for his sins, though? Not really. Sure, he died, but it was expected from the start. He had cancer, remember? Then, he went into a life of crime to provide for his family, which naturally, escalated to a full fledged drug business - the kind that can wipe out a whole family tree. He pulled a lot of sh*t that somewhere along the line, even the most obtuse of viewers must have realized that Walter ain't getting out of this alive. But, that's btw, it doesn't really matter.

What matters is this: Breaking Bad wants you to believe that if you have honest to heart motive, it's OK! Hey, you can kill a lot of people, but since you're taking BAD people out of the equation and also doing it to take care of your family, that it's all okay. That your family will be taken care of in the end. That's romanticizing crime if ever there is one. That's not real life.

Jesse wasn't the protagonist and btw, him being a wreck is insignificant because, it was expected. Ditto Skyler. Walt BIL was an FBI agent, thus, getting killed in the line of duty wasn't that peculiar.

Bottom line, Walt's family lived on - without any Witness protection program involved - without any consequences, to enjoy the wealth he accumulated, via his meth business.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mixter(m): 10:45am On Jan 23, 2018
Interesting piece. But first of all, I must hail everyone here. You guys are really trying o. Sitting and watching movies for hours. Maybe I might just have to start a few this year. Just to ease the stress of the day, but most times na sleep sure pass for me. Greetings.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2018
mixter:
Interesting piece. But first of all, I must hail everyone here. You guys are really trying o. Sitting and watching movies for hours. Maybe I might just have to start a few this year. Just to ease the stress of the day, but most times na sleep sure pass for me. Greetings.
Its not about us trying ,its all about what yiu derieve joy at
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mixter(m): 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
foreverkind1:
Its not about us trying ,its all about what yiu derieve joy at
Duly noted.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skeletonkey(m): 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2018
why tf do I still watch Transparent, the drama is overwhelming
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skeletonkey(m): 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2018
koice:

You completely missed the point I was trying to make. I will try to elaborate further on this.

Did Walter pay for his sins, though? Not really. Sure, he died, but it was expected from the start. He had cancer, remember? Then, he went into a life of crime to provide for his family, which naturally, escalated to a full fledged drug business - the kind that can wipe out a whole family tree. He pulled a lot of sh*t that somewhere along the line, even the most obtuse of viewers must have realized that Walter ain't getting out of this alive. But, that's btw, it doesn't really matter.

What matters is this: Breaking Bad wants you to believe that if you have honest to heart motive, it's OK! Hey, you can kill a lot of people, but since you're taking BAD people out of the equation and also doing it to take care of your family, that it's all okay. That your family will be taken care of in the end. That's romanticizing crime if ever there is one. That's not real life.

Jesse wasn't the protagonist and btw, him being a wreck is insignificant because, it was expected. Ditto Skyler. Walt BIL was an FBI agent, thus, getting killed in the line of duty wasn't that peculiar.

Bottom line, Walt's family lived on - without any Witness protection program involved - without any consequences, to enjoy the wealth he accumulated, via his meth business.
you know what makes a good story telling? trying to keep it as resembling to reality as possible. in real life there's not always morals to be gotten from events or actions of people. people do terrible things and get away with it everyday. majority of movies and TV already go in the direction telling stories where evil deeds have bad consequences so a few going the other way isn't wrong. o think, but still show us the things these anti-heroes sacrifice to get what they have(wealth, power). that's what makes those kinds of shows great
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
skeletonkey:
why tf do I still watch Transparent, the drama is overwhelming

Read the review one time, couldn't find a place to download it from.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skeletonkey(m): 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2018
Gungnir:

Read the review one time, couldn't find a place to download it from.
. toxicwap has the first three seasons you can find s4 at fztvseries.mobi

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2018
Black Lightning.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
The Shield

A rewatch. Vic Mackay is piece of work. The dude is so corrupt that he should be a synonym for the adjective at this point.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2018
START UP
Just why is this show getting such a low publicity as good as it is.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by bloodsiamese(m): 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
Anybody watching Vice principals??
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2018
Lana1:
Reddington is a proper bâstard!

Genius cheesy cheesy
I dey tell you.
I know say the guy get plan B
He don rich scatter

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2018
Kanurii:

Mehn the tin just dey ring for ma head

Hate that Judith, she's a bitc.h
you dey mind her she just won favor her bastard pinkin. Na this kind tin dey make siblings kill each other.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 7:19pm On Jan 23, 2018
Lana1:
So Aethlewulf survived many battles only to die to a fly? grin
the directors don't know what to do anymore. This has to be the worst episode so far.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sayo147(f): 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2018
lymelyte:
omg!!! So Wes in htgawm is alive? shocked shocked
Yeah right..... After all what he put everyone through angry . How did he even survive ? We all saw him die. Waiting on this week's episode though just to be sure he is really alive.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 11:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
Where can I find Gomorrah to download?
koice:

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by teepha: 11:36pm On Jan 23, 2018
Runaway lovers when is season 2 dropping? I really can't wait to see what Jonah is hiding inside that pit

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FBS: 11:38pm On Jan 23, 2018
Just started Knightfall... Watched only for whole of 2 mins. grin

Will give it another go.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 24, 2018
lymelyte:
Where can I find Gomorrah to download?

Gomorrah
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by EmmGee: 5:03am On Jan 24, 2018
Oga koice

Please do you know where i can download
the Ellen show and Fresh meat
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 5:47am On Jan 24, 2018
about to Start Blackish... hope it doesn't disappoint
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 5:49am On Jan 24, 2018
cao:
Lucifer.

Just downloaded the latest episode... hope it won't be Shite like the last episode
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 24, 2018
EmmGee:
Oga koice
Please do you know where i can download the Ellen show and Fresh meat
Fresh Meat S01-S03 are on YouTube
Ellen DeGeneres Shows are on Kickass torrents
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 9:00am On Jan 24, 2018
FBS:
Just started Knightfall... Watched only for whole of 2 mins. grin

Will give it another go.

lol..it gets shiitier as it goes...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 9:12am On Jan 24, 2018
nani667:

Just downloaded the latest episode... hope it won't be Shite like the last episode

Na shite jare.. Mtcheew
E don over for Lucifer

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (2817) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Coolx and 1 guest(s)