Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (937) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3520359 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
Someone tried to post it and got banned?

Sorry oh lipsrsealed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NoQualms1(f): 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
fergieboy:
Wow I'm so hooked to shooter

Currently on s2

My favourite act is Payne and that other guy that look like oshomole

I don't like the finale though. How can a finale be like that?

Just finished Shooter s2 and Being Mary Jane s4. Saw only season 1 of The Last Kingdom, it just doesn't flow well with me. Hence, l decided to stop. Thinking of watching either Homeland or The Americans next.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
KNIGHTFALL lit.....

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
Gungnir:
Someone tried to post it and got banned?

Sorry oh lipsrsealed

That was me, lolz.

Did a little digging yesterday, and found the link:

Gomorrah S03.

I'm on episode 6 already...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
koice:

That was me, lolz.

Did a little digging yesterday, and found the link:

Gomorrah S03.

I'm on episode 6 already...

Thank you bigly man! Searched everywhere for it!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
Gungnir:

Thank you bigly man! Searched everywhere for it!
You're welcome.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
Orphan Black.
Finally watching the last 2 episodes, I think I'm ready now.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Asalyn2016: 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
NoQualms1:

Just finished Shooter s2 and Being Mary Jane s4. Saw only season 1 of The Last Kingdom, it just doesn't flow well with me. Hence, l decided to stop. Thinking of watching either Homeland or The Americans next.

You shld start with homeland, then the Americans

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
Reddington is a proper bâstard!

Genius cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
So Aethlewulf survived many battles only to die to a fly? grin

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
koice:

You're welcome.

Man! I so miss this show! I believe the happenings in this series are based on true events?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kanurii: 12:24am On Jan 22, 2018
Lana1:
So Aethlewulf survived many battles only to die to a fly? grin

Mehn the tin just dey ring for ma head

Hate that Judith, she's a bitc.h

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 22, 2018
Gungnir:

Man! I so miss this show! I believe the happenings in this series are based on true events?

Yeah, it's a non-romanticized realistic depiction of street-level crime in Italy. The author of the book the show is based on has to flee Italy after the Mafia family he infiltrated (to get a real-life perspective), end up threatening his life when the book published.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 22, 2018
koice:

Yeah, it's a non-romanticized realistic depiction of street-level crime in Italy. The author of the book the show is based on has to flee Italy after the Mafia family he infiltrated (to get a real-life perspective), end up threatening his life when the book published.

Some very brutal stuff. That dude better not return oh. Every country has its own ugly. This is not some Godfather suit wearing fine boy stuff. These are the sort of peeps if they walk pass you, you won't even think of them as Mafias.

It also shows family values is not as venerated as it is in reality. Interests over rides most things. The mafia tend to portray family as the utmost thing but it was visible it wasn't when Michael had Fredo killed and now in Gomorra just for his personal interest.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 9:12am On Jan 22, 2018
AHS....

Season 6..........crazy asf

who has seen the resident(FOX)

any reviews??
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
NoQualms1:

That wasn't expected to be the finale, Swagger broke his leg while filming, so they had to wrap it up.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
Gungnir:

Some very brutal stuff. That dude better not return oh. Every country has its own ugly. This is not some Godfather suit wearing fine boy stuff. These are the sort of peeps if they walk pass you, you won't even think of them as Mafias.

It also shows family values is not as venerated as it is in reality. Interests over rides most things. The mafia tend to portray family as the utmost thing but it was visible it wasn't when Michael had Fredo killed and now in Gomorra just for his personal interest.

Exactly. The show tells it as it is. It doesn't romanticize crime at all. Gomorrah want us to know how BAD it really is to be part of an organized crime. Action have consequences.

For instance, in Sopranos, Tony never died, did he? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't... doesn't matter. What's more important is the fact that nobody in his family died, right? That's romanticizing crime. Crime shows like Breaking Bad and Sopranos want you to believe that it's okay to commit a crime so long as your heart is in the right place. Bla bla bla...

By contrast, Gomorrah, wants you to stop fantasizing crap and face the reality. Talk sh*t, get bang. You f**k up? Your family pays for it. Want to screw over a drug kingpin? Your child dies... Don't get an illusion that since they are the bad guys and you're only doing it for your family that everything's gonna work out for them (your family) at last, because, certainly, your family or people close to you are going to be the ones that would pay for your crimes. Gomorrah is real life depiction of organized crime at any level at it's finest.

At the emboldened, maybe, it has something to do with the fact that the Camorra Mafia isn't as centralized as the infamous Sicilian Mafia. Thus, it makes it more difficult to combat personal interest & enforce family values.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
koice:

Exactly. The show tells it as it is. It doesn't romanticize crime at all. Gomorrah want us to know how BAD it really is to be part of an organized crime. Action have consequences.

For instance, in Sopranos, Tony never died, did he? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't... doesn't matter. What's more important is the fact that nobody in his family died, right? That's romanticizing crime. Crime shows like Breaking Bad and Sopranos want you to believe that it's okay to commit a crime so long as your heart is in the right place. Bla bla bla...

By contrast, Gomorrah, wants you to stop fantasizing crap and face the reality. Talk sh*t, get bang. You f**k up? Your family pays for it. Want to screw over a drug kingpin? Your child dies... Don't get an illusion that since they are the bad guys and you're only doing it for your family that everything's gonna work out for them (your family) at last, because, certainly, your family or people close to you are going to be the ones that would pay for your crimes. Gomorrah is real life depiction of organized crime at any level at it's finest.

At the emboldened, maybe, it has something to do with the fact that the Camorra Mafia isn't as centralized as the infamous Sicilian Mafia. Thus, it makes it more difficult to combat personal interest & enforce family values.

I so love the emboldened...grin Stop fantasizing crap. cheesy Some very real life stuff. Someone was telling me how these guys have people killed and have their body casted with the pillar of their house. You will be looking at the house and would not know a dead body is buried within the pillars of the house. Wonder if that will be depicted in this series.

Yeah the last line is true. But it's no true family values in the sense of it, it's just that interest aligns.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 22, 2018
Gungnir:

I so love the emboldened...grin Stop fantasizing crap. cheesy Some very real life stuff. Someone was telling me how these guys have people killed and have their body casted with the pillar of their house. You will be looking at the house and would not know a dead body is buried within the pillars of the house. Wonder if that will be depicted in this series.

Yeah the last line is true. But it's no true family values in the sense of it, it's just that interest aligns.

At the emboldened, yeah, that's what I meant.

Yeah, I have heard the stories. According to popular opinion, the Mafiaso (plural) have 4 major ways of disappearing a body:

- Entomb the body behind concrete walls.
- Entombed the body underneath a concrete foundation.
- Sink the body tied to a concrete block.
- Feed the body to Pigs.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
The CW should do everyone a solid and quit churning out crap upon crap. Which one come be Black Lightening again sef?? Mtchewwwww...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
koice:

At the emboldened, yeah, that's what I meant.

Yeah, I have heard the stories. According to popular opinion, the Mafiaso (plural) have 4 major ways of disappearing a body:

- Entomb the body behind concrete walls.
- Entombed the body underneath a concrete foundation.
- Sink the body tied to a concrete block.
- Feed the body to Pigs.

When men choose to be evil, they go all out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
Gungnir:

When men choose to be evil, they go all out.
you can say that again!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2018
omg!!! So Wes in htgawm is alive? shocked shocked
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
Counterpart.... STARZ
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
koice:
The CW should do everyone a solid and quit churning out crap upon crap. Which one come be Black Lightening again sef?? Mtchewwwww...

bros dey boilgringringrin.....i dy ff am...no worry.... I'll tell u if its good or badgrin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Electronzeez(m): 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2018
NoQualms1:

Try homeland

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NoQualms1(f): 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2018
Twisting:

That wasn't expected to be the finale, Swagger broke his leg while filming, so they had to wrap it up.

True that. He didn't have the accident while on set though.

Already started The Americans.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
Watched The first 4 episodes of Grownish
I cringed all through my brothers and sisters..
Nawa

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ladej(m): 1:11am On Jan 23, 2018
Scandal s5

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.