Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (997) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3511336 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) ... (2817) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fweshspice(m): 2:11am On May 06, 2018
Anyone here seen Westworld?? Jst want to knw if is worth seeing!!! Thanks in advance
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by noob03saibot(m): 3:06am On May 06, 2018
koice:

For martial arts:
- Mortal Kombat; Legacy
- Banshee
- Into The Badlands
- Alias
- Preacher
- Kingdom
- Daredevil
- Altered Carbon
- Sense8
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Albeit kind of old compared to others on the list)

Crime
- Hannibal
- Mindhunter
- Manhunt: Unabomber
- Criminal Minds (Seasons 1 to 4)
- True Detective (Season 1)
- Line Of Duty
- Bosch
- Broadchurch
- Happy Valley
- Collateral
- Luther
- The Fall (Season 3 sucked tho)
- The Killing
- The Bridge
- Fargo
- River
- Top Of The Lake
- Money Heist (Spanish Language)
- Dark (German Language)
Sorry bro! Wanna ask between the fall and top of the lake, which is better? Or which should I start downloading? Please

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:55am On May 06, 2018
I just remembered Legend Of The Seeker. My brother hated shaa then and I still don't know why.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:39am On May 06, 2018
noob03saibot:
Sorry bro! Wanna ask between the fall and top of the lake, which is better? Or which should I start downloading? Please

Both are good in their own ways, but Top Of The Lake kinda edges it as it has more binge allure. You're more likely to watch it all in one sitting than you would The Fall.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:48am On May 06, 2018
Arondizuogu:
I just remembered Legend Of The Seeker. My brother hated shaa then and I still don't know why.

Your bro is wise. The year that nonsense debuted, I watched it, and, hated it, that was 8 years ago (when I enjoyed genres I wouldn't give the time of day now). The whole drama was a proper lesson in bad writing and poor acting from the beginning to the end.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by noob03saibot(m): 7:40am On May 06, 2018
koice:

Both are good in their own ways, but Top Of The Lake kinda edges it as it has more binge allure. You're more likely to watch it all in one sitting than you would The Fall.
Thanks, let me download top of the lake now

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:05am On May 06, 2018
Spiral

I have read good things about this show, and so far, it's staying true to hype. The French are rather good at dark crime shows, aren't they. Pretty much like the The Wire, both in plot and premise.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 3:57pm On May 06, 2018
Fweshspice:
Anyone here seen Westworld?? Jst want to knw if is worth seeing!!! Thanks in advance
Yeah its so worth it, but it depends on what genre you fancy. Westworld is a western syfy thriller with a lot of philosophical influence on its overall premise. some might say its an acquired taste.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by bookiesondebt: 4:43pm On May 06, 2018
I just finished Game of thrones...and I just can't wait to get more of it.
Since season 8 is coming out in 2019...I opt for other TV series...but am just disappointed in them
1)breaking bad:too subtle
2)vikings:no intrigue, no scheming
3)supernatural: no suspense,each episode ends in itself
I just don't know the series to opt for
But before GOT,have watch series like
1)Spartacus
2)Revolution
3)Merlin
4)Blindspot:ongoing
5)Empire:left
ETC
I mention the TV series I have view so that you can at least grab what I love in a series and give me a list of TV series I can watch
NB:I love suspense in a movie,secrets,mystery,twist,episodes linking with each other
Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 06, 2018
bookiesondebt:
Since season 8 is coming out in 2019...I opt for other TV series...but am just disappointed in them
1)Spartacus
2)Revolution
3)Merlin
ETC
I mention the TV series I have view so that you can at least grab what I love in a series and give me a list of TV series I can watch
NB:I love suspense in a movie,secrets,mystery,twist,episodes linking with each other
Thanks

Since you liked Merlin, I'll assume you like shows with with a fantasy setting, a lil' bit sci-fi and magic missed in, yes? Okay.
- Atlantis
- Outlander (more medieval sci-fi than magic, tho)
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel
- Penny Dreadful
- Shannara Chronicles (meh)
- Once Upon A Time
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer
- Angel
- Siren (Newish)
- Grimm
- Lost Girl

Revolution is a short lived post-apocalypse tv series that was never short on intrigue, if a little lacking on everything else. You'll definitely be upgrading with:
- The Walking Dead (Episode 1-6)
- Fear The Walking Dead
- The Last Ship
- Fringe (Season 5 is post-apocalypse)
- The Strain
- Battlestar Galactica
- Colony
- 12 Monkeys

Spartacus and it's miniseries, Gods Of The Arena are peculiar animals in the sense there's very few shows like them. It's history and fantasy missed in an electrifying romp.
Shows that came close are:
- Game Of Thrones
- Black Sails
- Da Vinci's Demon
- Britannia
- The Last Kingdom
- KnightFall
- Vikings
- Camelot

Shows like Blindspot
- Taken
- The Blacklist
- Limitless
- CSI: Cyber
- Agent X
- Stitchers
- Cracked

Mystery and all the extra baggage that goes with (twist, suspense blah blah blah). Every episode is linked - jump one and you missed a big part of the puzzle.
- Broadchurch
- Top Of The Lake
- Liar
- Riviera
- Lost
- Happy Valley
- Bloodline (Season 3 is subpar, though)
- The Fall (Subpar Season 3)
- Fargo
- The Killing
- Sherlock
- Strike
- The Terror
- The Sinner
- Marcella
- The Alienist
- Luther
- Dark (German language)
- The Night Of
- Line Of Duty
- Bosch

Hmm...

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by bookiesondebt: 6:26pm On May 06, 2018
koice:

Since you like Merlin, I'll assume you like shows with with a fantasy setting, a lil' bit sci-fi and magic missed in, yes? Alrighty.
- Atlantis
- Penny Dreadful
- Once Upon A Time
- Angel
- Siren (Newish)
- Grimm
- Lost Girl

Revolution is a short lived post-apocalypse tv series that was never short on intrigue, if a little lacking on everything else. You'll definitely be upgrading with:
- Fear The Walking Dead
- The Last Ship
- The Strain
- Battlestar Galactica
- Colony
- 12 Monkeys

Spartacus and it's miniseries, Gods Of The Arena are peculiar animals in the sense there's very few shows like them. It's history and fantasy missed in an electrifying romp.
- Game Of Thrones
- Black Sails
- Da Vinci's Demon
- Britannia
- The Last Kingdom
- KnightFall
- Vikings
- Camelot

Shows like Blindspot
- Taken
- The Blacklist
- Limitless
- Agent X
- Stitchers
- Cracked

Mystery and all the extra baggage that goes with. Every episode is linked - jump one and you missed a big part of the puzzle.
- Broadchurch
- Top Of The Lake
- Liar
- Riviera
- Lost
- Happy Valley
- Fargo
- The Killing
- Sherlock
- Strike
- The Terror
- The Sinner
- Marcella
- The Alienist
- Luther
- Dark (German language)
- The Night Of
- Line Of Duty
- Bosch

Hmm...
Thanks....
Let me go for the plots and synopsis
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nova15: 6:32pm On May 06, 2018
koice:

Since you liked Merlin, I'll assume you like shows with with a fantasy setting, a lil' bit sci-fi and magic missed in, yes? Okay.
- Atlantis
- Penny Dreadful
- Once Upon A Time
- Angel
- Siren (Newish)
- Grimm
- Lost Girl

- Fear The Walking Dead
- The Last Ship
- The Strain
- Battlestar Galactica
- Colony
- 12 Monkeys

- Game Of Thrones
- Black Sails
- Da Vinci's Demon
- Britannia
- The Last Kingdom
- KnightFall
- Vikings
- Camelot

Shows like Blindspot
- Taken
- The Blacklist
- Limitless
- Agent X
- Stitchers
- Cracked

Mystery and all the extra baggage that goes with (twist, suspense blah blah blah). Every episode is linked - jump one and you missed a big part of the puzzle.
- Broadchurch
- Top Of The Lake
- Liar
- Riviera
- Lost
- Happy Valley
- Fargo
- The Killing
- Sherlock
- Strike
- The Terror
- The Sinner
- Marcella
- The Alienist
- Luther
- Dark (German language)
- The Night Of
- Line Of Duty
- Bosch

Hmm...

The only show that made sense in the list above is just Game of thrones undecided undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 06, 2018
Nova15:

The only show that made sense in the list above is just Game of thrones undecided undecided

Okay.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:43pm On May 06, 2018
Nova15:

you are obviously trolling

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 06, 2018
Legion
Black ish
Atlanta
Blacklist
Into the badlands
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mohdhk(m): 11:50pm On May 06, 2018
Empire, seal team, The brave , deep state, into the bad lands, person of interest, agent of shield, The originals, evil vs ash, walking dead, madam secretary
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by boxofix: 12:15am On May 07, 2018

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fweshspice(m): 12:21am On May 07, 2018
Kaziar:

Yeah its so worth it, but it depends on what genre you fancy. Westworld is a western syfy thriller with a lot of philosophical influence on its overall premise. some might say its an acquired taste.
thanks bro...am watching the series presently and i must say itz quite intriguing!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:54am On May 07, 2018
Hands up if you're waiting for the following series to start their new season again :

Power.
The Chi
The Last Ship
And I'm currently following :

Designated Survivor
Young Sheldon
and Scorpion, even though the current season just ended.

And I started downloading :

Grown-ish, just tonight. I hope I enjoy it.

Still to watch :

Dear white people.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:57am On May 07, 2018
Mohdhk:
Empire, seal team, The brave , deep state, into the bad lands, person of interest, agent of shield, The originals, evil vs ash, walking dead, madam secretary

Someone still watches Empire?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:59am On May 07, 2018
bookiesondebt:
1)Spartacus
2)Revolution
3)Merlin
ETC
Thanks

I didn't find Breaking bad interesting too, same with Blindspot and Blacklist.

I'm sure you'll enjoy " The Chi " , go check it out
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Treyknowles(m): 8:39am On May 07, 2018
Stanleywaxy:

just because you don't doesn't mean we don't watch it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyetpel(m): 12:18pm On May 07, 2018
bookiesondebt:
1)Spartacus
2)Revolution
3)Merlin
ETC
Thanks

Try Narcos.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyetpel(m): 12:23pm On May 07, 2018
Stanleywaxy:

Why did you stop watching Empire?

Though i have not watch it before.

I just want to know your view, cos the series seem popular but you stop watching it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyetpel(m): 12:24pm On May 07, 2018
koice:

Okay.

How do you watch so many series?

Loneliness have boredom is school, have made me wanna start watching series again.

24, GoT, Spartacus, Prison Break, Narcos, Stranger things, Heroes, Kyle XY, The Event, True Blood, (I stopped watching Originals, Walking dead, The Vampire diaries when they dragged too long and i lost focus).

These are the only series i have watched from their pilot episode to the last.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyetpel(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2018
koice:

For martial arts:
- Mortal Kombat; Legacy
- Banshee
- Into The Badlands
- Alias
- Preacher
- Kingdom
- Daredevil
- Altered Carbon
- Sense8
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Albeit kind of old compared to others on the list)

Crime
- Hannibal
- Mindhunter
- Manhunt: Unabomber
- Criminal Minds (Seasons 1 to 4)
- Line Of Duty
- Bosch
- Broadchurch
- Happy Valley
- Collateral
- Luther
- The Fall (Season 3 sucked tho)
- The Killing
- The Bridge
- Fargo
- River
- Top Of The Lake
- Money Heist (Spanish Language)
- Dark (German Language)

I think i would be interested in getting Mortal Kombat:Legacy.

Never knew there is series about Mortal Kombat.

I like Mortal Kombat setting, array, diversity and back stories of its characters.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 12:37pm On May 07, 2018
Thinking of Starting Empire ✔️
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stanleywaxy(m): 1:40pm On May 07, 2018
oyetpel:

Why did you stop watching Empire?

Though i have not watch it before.

I just want to know your view, cos the series seem popular but you stop watching it.
lacked content going forward
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stanleywaxy(m): 1:41pm On May 07, 2018
Treyknowles:
just because you don't doesn't mean we don't watch it.
who's we?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achillesdam500(m): 2:35pm On May 07, 2018
Who has seen cobra Kai before I waste my data embarassed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 07, 2018
oyetpel:

I think i would be interested in getting Mortal Kombat:Legacy.

Never knew there is series about Mortal Kombat.

I like Mortal Kombat setting, array, diversity and back stories of its characters.

Yeah, it has a web series. Each episode is 10 mins long and give a backstory on one of the universe principals - Scorpion, Sub Zero, Cage, Jax et al. And you should watch the short movie Mortal Kombat: Rebirth before the webisodes, for context.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 07, 2018
oyetpel:

How do you watch so many series?

Loneliness have boredom is school, have made me wanna start watching series again.

24, GoT, Spartacus, Prison Break, Narcos, Stranger things, Heroes, Kyle XY, The Event, True Blood, (I stopped watching Originals, Walking dead, The Vampire diaries when they dragged too long and i lost focus).

These are the only series i have watched from their pilot episode to the last.

Well, I started watching TV series from the time I was old enough to comprehend what's going on. I remember Secret Of The Sands being my favorite back when I was 7  years old. A story about two twin sisters, a dashing young rancher and a mentally challenged man. You should look it up, it's pretty good. One of my oldest memories.

Passion, Full House and Friends were also pretty huge back then, and later, Buffy, Dark Angel, Egola: Place of Gold, and eventually, Oz which forever changed my perception in tv shows. Naturally, I started seeking shows just as meaningful and hardcore. Prison Break, The Shield, Six Feet Under, The X-files, Masters Of Horror, The Sopranos, Lost, Sons Of Anarchy, Heroes, The Wire, 4400, 24, etc were worthy thrills.

I was also a big fan of fantasy and the supernatural (remnants of my Buffy days I guess), thus I took an instant liking to Supernatural, which incidentally made me take an interest in it's producers, the WB (now the CW), and I got exposed to teen and young adult dramas like One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Gilmore Girls, Hart of Dixie, Melrose Place and Nikita.

Eventually, I took a dislike to teen dramas, and by extension the CW, and by extension, all their shows as I moved on. The cable channel, Syfy was and still is a worthy replacement. And for good reasons too, because that's where I became exposed to sci-fi classics like Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Caprica and Santuary.

Then, I became more selective of tv shows. Invariably, I found myself more and more likely to watch HBO, FX, AMC, Showtime and lately, Netflix shows, much more than the NBC, FOX, ABC and CBS shows, because of the quality content more prevalent on the former. The shorter seasons also play a big part as I would rather watch quality than quantity.

Seems to me you've been away from the tv series scenes for awhile. My advice, stick to shows similar to the ones that you mentioned and work up your way to the ones that are more complex. Don't jump right in to shows like Breaking Bad & The Leftovers cuz you'll go running for the hills back to your movies (yeah, I know you're a movie guy).

Hmm...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) ... (2817) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: seunot, ghettochild(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.