Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (998) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3511487 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) ... (2817) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 07, 2018
Spiral
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyetpel(m): 6:31pm On May 07, 2018
yea, i am into movies.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stegomiah: 6:51pm On May 07, 2018
laydoh:
Just started watching The royals. The series is dope.

It's dope

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stegomiah: 6:53pm On May 07, 2018
Kaziar:
FOR THE PEOPLE
Never been a fan of most legal dramas but this is my one exception. It's so good I broke my binge watching rule. just 2 episodes in and I'm hooked.

PS-:- Berlin station season 2 definitely not as good as the first. The whole thing is subpar compared to the first season.

I'm telling you
It touches the soul

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stegomiah: 7:01pm On May 07, 2018
koice:

Well, I started watching TV series from the time I was old enough to comprehend what's going on. I remember Secret Of The Sands being my favorite back when I was 7  years old. A story about two twin sisters, a dashing young rancher and a mentally challenged man. You should look it up, it's pretty good. One of my oldest memories.

Passion, Full House and Friends were also pretty huge back then, and later, Buffy, Dark Angel, Egola: Place of Gold, and eventually, Oz which forever changed my perception in tv shows. Naturally, I started seeking shows just as meaningful and hardcore. Prison Break, The Shield, Six Feet Under, The X-files, Masters Of Horror, The Sopranos, Lost, Sons Of Anarchy, Heroes, The Wire, 4400, 24, etc were worthy thrills.

I was also a big fan of fantasy and the supernatural (remnants of my Buffy days I guess), thus I took an instant liking to Supernatural, which incidentally made me take an interest in it's producers, the WB (now the CW), and I got exposed to teen and young adult dramas like One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Gilmore Girls, Hart of Dixie, Melrose Place and Nikita.

Eventually, I took a dislike to teen dramas, and by extension the CW, and by extension, all their shows as I moved on. The cable channel, Syfy was and still is a worthy replacement. And for good reasons too, because that's where I became exposed to sci-fi classics like Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Caprica and Santuary.

Then, I became more selective of tv shows. Invariably, I found myself more and more likely to watch HBO, FX, AMC, Showtime and lately, Netflix shows, much more than the NBC, FOX, ABC and CBS shows, because of the quality content more prevalent on the former. The shorter seasons also play a big part as I would rather watch quality than quantity.

Seems to me you've been away from the tv series scenes for awhile. My advice, stick to shows similar to the ones that you mentioned and work up your way to the ones that are more complex. Don't jump right in to shows like Breaking Bad & The Leftovers cuz you'll go running for the hills back to your movies (yeah, I know you're a movie guy).

Hmm...

See intimidation
Kilode!
He didn't ask for your tv series resume now

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by bookiesondebt: 7:28pm On May 07, 2018
koice:

I was also a big fan of fantasy and the supernatural (remnants of my Buffy days I guess), thus I took an instant liking to Supernatural, which incidentally made me take an interest in it's producers, the WB (now the CW), and I got exposed to teen and young adult dramas like One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Gilmore Girls, Hart of Dixie, Melrose Place and Nikita.

Supernatural you say...That movie ehnn
I am just forcing myself to watch it.
The thing is they are trying to create suspense where there can't be.
From the onset on the movie,I knew that none of the two brother's(Dean and Sam) will die.
Its just so annoying and funny when I see them wrestling spirit.
And so goes to other crime series too...The agent or police man always cheat death.
That is why I will always love GOT,SPARTACUS and MERLIN.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 07, 2018
Stegomiah:

See intimidation
Kilode!
He didn't ask for your tv series resume now

That's me in a heartbeat. I ramble. Just engage me in a topic that I like and you won't get a word in edgewise. It's a curse. embarassed

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 07, 2018
Cobra Kai
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 07, 2018
bookiesondebt:

Supernatural you say...That movie ehnn
I am just forcing myself to watch it.
The thing is they are trying to create suspense where there can't be.
From the onset on the movie,I knew that none of the two brother's(Dean and Sam) will die.
Its just so annoying and funny when I see them wrestling spirit.
And so goes to other crime series too...The agent or police man always cheat death.
That is why I will always love GOT,SPARTACUS and MERLIN.

I don't watch Supernatural anymore, but not for the reasons you gave. Who cares about suspense in a show that's set in a world of make believe? Don't answer that, it's rhetoric.

Supernatural is a show that tells a story about deep mythology (pretty much what the video game God of War did with Kratos), with fun freshed-out characters never seen before on tv since Buffy. It tells a complete story, and have the deepest mythology/continuity of any show you'll see. And since there's really only 2-5 main characters on the show at a time,the characters get a lot of development.

Supernatural had a great first 5 seasons are were definitely meta (worth watching). Do you know it was originally intended to end at season 5? It's first couple of seasons are more procedural monster of the week types but there is always an overlying story going on to tie episodes together. I mean, it's no Breaking Bad good, but it was a good show.

You talk about wrestling spirits... c'mon! That's the theme of the show for crying out loud. The genre is SUPERNATURAL. You're not supposed to believe what you see or even break your brain trying to decipher it, rather, enjoy it... It's a mindless fun, period.

I stopped watching the show because post season 5, the the show starts repeating plot and subplot, the main characters start making the same mistakes over and over, and the show basically throws the mythology and continuity out the window. That said, season 6-8 still have a handful of great episodes.

The greatest accomplishments of the show is the consistently epic soundtracks. My pick of the pack were:
- Come home my wayward son
- Bad moon rising
- Back in black
- White rabbit
- Knocking on heavens door
- Renegade
- Space Oddity
- Eye of the tiger...

That's all I can remember off head rn. Bottom line, it WAS a great show, but the later seasons are somewhat repetitive and predictable. Basically, it overstayed it's welcome and is currently doing it's damnest to destroy what's left of it's legacy. Pretty much like what Wenger tried to do with Arsenal. Thank the stars he's gone at the end of the season. Phew!

To address your views on crime shows... you seem to not get the concept of a protagonist. It's someone the plot revolves around. Killing off the person before the show ends kinda defeats the suppose, doesn't it? Game of Thrones is one of a kind in the sense it doesn't really have a protagonist, thus it can kill off any character (no matter how prominent/important to the plot) anytime the writer fancies. Don't judge other shows based on this, because it wouldn't be fair.

Hmm...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mrmos: 9:14pm On May 07, 2018
I need black American themed series. I've watched Queen Sugar, Greenleaf, and many others.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 07, 2018
Mrmos:
I need black American themed series. I've watched Queen Sugar, Greenleaf, and many others.

- The Chi
- Snowfall
- Underground
- Black-ish
- Atlanta
- Being Mary Jane
- Insecure
- The Quad
- Dear White People
- She's Gotta Have It

... and finally the classic
- The Wire

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achillesdam500(m): 9:28pm On May 07, 2018
koice:
Cobra Kai
Shee the series dey alright before I waste my data
But toxicwap never get am self
Do you know any site that has toxicwap's series quality which is better than that of o2tvseries Hd quality?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamharkinwaley: 9:34pm On May 07, 2018
Hy guys

A good evening to you all, pls can anyone recommend an interesting series to me? Hot series like The 100,
Last ship,Blind spot, into the bad lands, Game of Thrones, Empire.....
I mean series as hot as these movies I mentioned above.....
Please guys help a brother, boredom is killing me here all evenings........

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achillesdam500(m): 9:39pm On May 07, 2018
koice:

Yup, It's entertaining.

Download links
Thanks bruvv
I'd take your words
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achillesdam500(m): 9:42pm On May 07, 2018
koice:

Yup, It's entertaining.

Download links
Hey bro
I'd just die here cry cry
521mb for an episode grin grin
I was talking about 60mb per episode shocked
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 07, 2018
iamharkinwaley:
Hy guys

A good evening to you all, pls can anyone recommend an interesting series to me? Hot series like The 100,
Last ship,Blind spot, into the bad lands, Game of Thrones, Empire.....
I mean series as hot as these movies I mentioned above.....
Please guys help a brother, boredom is killing me here all evenings........

Goto Page 987.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 07, 2018
Achillesdam500:

Hey bro
I'd just die here cry cry
521mb for an episode grin grin
I was talking about 60mb per episode shocked

There are at least 3 resolution options: 480, 720 & 1080 respectively. Pick 480p options, they are closest to your size preference (90-110mb per episode).
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achillesdam500(m): 9:48pm On May 07, 2018
koice:

There are at least 3 resolution options: 480, 720 & 1080. Pick 480p options, they are more of your size preference (90-110mb).
Are they as good as o2tvseries Hd quality because the size of the 480p is apparently bigger
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 07, 2018
Achillesdam500:

Are they as good as o2tvseries Hd quality because the size of the 480p is apparently bigger

They are much better in ppi tincture. o2tvseries blurry resolution can't be compared to those mehn.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achillesdam500(m): 9:56pm On May 07, 2018
koice:

They are much better in ppi tincture. o2tvseries blurry resolution can't be compared to those mehn.
Alright
I guess good things come with big price
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyetpel(m): 10:01pm On May 07, 2018
koice:

Yup, It's entertaining.
Download links
Pls what's the url of the site?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamharkinwaley: 11:09pm On May 07, 2018
koice:

Goto Page 987.
Whoa there are lot of them lol
I'll just pick one
Thanks bro, Appreciate.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 2:50am On May 08, 2018
Stegomiah:

I'm telling you
It touches the soul
haha, you're right but with shonda rhimes on the show, it was expected.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:27am On May 08, 2018
oyetpel:

Pls what's the url of the site?

480pmkv dot com
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyetpel(m): 5:44am On May 08, 2018
koice:

480pmkv dot com
How did you find this gorgeous site?
It's so cool
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LeiderJa: 7:44am On May 08, 2018
What are you living for if you haven't seen La casa de papel

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by thorrvik55(m): 8:35am On May 08, 2018
LeiderJa:

Pls I need a download link dat is not more than 150mb, please... All the links I'm seeing are above 300mb and it's just too much 4 me..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:43am On May 08, 2018
LeiderJa:

A few holes apart, brilliant show I must say. Just wish they ended it with the second season since the ovation was really at its loudest.

Unfortunately, It's going to be renewed for a third and I cant help but wonder what tangent it's going to take, now that the heist has been completed.

Maybe the professor will team up with the detective to plan another heist. We wait to see.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AKWAPROPHET: 1:40pm On May 08, 2018
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mrmos: 1:41pm On May 08, 2018
koice:

- The Chi
- Snowfall
- Underground
- Black-ish
- Atlanta
- Being Mary Jane
- Insecure
- The Quad
- Dear White People
- She's Gotta Have It

... and finally the classic
- The Wire

I've watched a few though. The ones I've not watched are underground, blackish, a little bit of Atlanta, the chi, snowfall.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achillesdam500(m): 4:03pm On May 08, 2018
koice:

480pmkv dot com
Cobra Kai is fantastic bro grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) ... (2817) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: oyaskii(m), spookem(m) and 1 guest(s)